PDA

View Full Version : KC Defense

horsepig
09-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Does KC's Dee remind anyone of the old days in Denver.

They've picked up several high picks over the last few years, and they seem to have that "fly around like crazy ******s to the ball" attitude.

Very good defense, great RB's-----Watch out!

They can't throw for shit yet, but I think they have a pretty damn good coaching staff.

Italianmobstr7
09-26-2010, 01:32 AM

They've picked up several high picks over the last few years, and they seem to have that "fly around like crazy ******s to the ball" attitude.

They can't throw for shit yet, but I think they have a pretty damn good coaching staff.

Their O has been lethargic. Their D doesn't really impress me either. They got lucky vs SD. They played the Browns last week... The 49ers don't have a great offense either so their D may continue to play well but I'm not sold at all.

honz
09-26-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm not buying into KC yet. 1 good game against SD and a win over Seneca Wallace don't prove anything to me. I think they are definitely better than last year, but I'd be very surprised if they win 8 games this year...especially if Matt Cassell continues to play like a guy who hasn't started a game since high school.

Northman
09-26-2010, 04:07 AM
KC is improving but im not sure if they are quite "there" just yet. But, they do seem to be pretty good on defense and have a nice pair of RB's who contribute a lot. Problem is, their QB isnt that great, he's serviceable but if they have to rely on him to win games they will be in trouble.

Grover
09-26-2010, 10:42 AM
KC Defense played with a lot of energy, were encouraging one another, making plays and were fast in the San Diego game. And the fans were crazy loud in supporting their team. It did remind me a lot of the Broncos back in the 70s and early 80s when the defense was the heart and soul of our team.

The KC team was FUN to watch that day if you're a football fan, and not just a hater of all things non-Broncos.

I can't wait for the two Broncos/Chiefs games this year. I think they will both be terrific.

Lonestar
09-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm not buying into KC yet. 1 good game against SD and a win over Seneca Wallace don't prove anything to me. I think they are definitely better than last year, but I'd be very surprised if they win 8 games this year...especially if Matt Cassell continues to play like a guy who hasn't started a game since high school.

FWIW he did indeed start for an injured Brady IIRC 15 games that year and IIRC they had a 11-5 record. In a really tough division.

He may not be brady or elway as someone mentioned but is not without skill.

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Their O has been lethargic. Their D doesn't really impress me either. They got lucky vs SD. They played the Browns last week... The 49ers don't have a great offense either so their D may continue to play well but I'm not sold at all.

How did they get "lucky" against the Chargers? :confused:

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I think this KC team is good. I think they are going to be scary good soon.

What I like about KC is, like us, they have had multiple high first round picks BUT they chose to spend their's on the D. I like the fact that KC truly re-built and is playing their youth. A young team like KC can be good for a very long time because of that youth!

rcsodak
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I think this KC team is good. I think they are going to be scary good soon.

What I like about KC is, like us, they have had multiple high first round picks BUT they chose to spend their's on the D. I like the fact that KC truly re-built and is playing their youth. A young team like KC can be good for a very long time because of that youth!
they're packed with speed....and we know what that does. It kills! It adds difficulty in defending. Top10 picks repeatedly .....helped SD get to where they are.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
they're packed with speed....and we know what that does. It kills! It adds difficulty in defending. Top10 picks repeatedly .....helped SD get to where they are.

Two posts in a row I agree with. :eek: You running a fever? :confused: I'm not! :lol:

I agree completely. That is why I am as critical of McD as I am for the Phons pick and some of the others because he has been too nonchalant, IMO, with our picks at a time we need them to be good picks and contribute.

ursamajor
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM

KC's D looks really good-which when coupled with their running game, make them for real. The writing has been on the wall though, that team has been pointing up.

I Eat Staples
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
KC is a terrible, terrible team. Teams win games that they aren't supposed to in the NFL. They won't make the playoffs, it'll work it's self out in the end.

KCL
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
KC is a terrible, terrible team. Teams win games that they aren't supposed to in the NFL. They won't make the playoffs, it'll work it's self out in the end.

I love this post...you're right we may not make the playoffs but to say we're a terrible team sounds like sour grapes to me...fine... Denver sucks...how's that? :lol:

I Eat Staples
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I love this post...you're right we may not make the playoffs but to say we're a terrible team sounds like sour grapes to me...fine... Denver sucks...how's that? :lol:

I'm not sour because I'm glad you beat the Chargers. You need to start losing now though!

But being completely honest, I feel like KC is a terrible team. The only strong point I can see is the HBs, and choosing Jones as the starter over Charles is stupid anyway.

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM

So I guess we are a terrible team. We shoulda beat Washington and Oakland last year and probably KC at home, too.

We probably shoulda beat the jags on the road but didn't.

The Chiefs can't help who they play but they put a can of whoopass on the 49ers and that means something.

Congrats, KCL, on your two game lead and EXCITING Chiefs!

KCL
09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not sour because I'm glad you beat the Chargers. You need to start losing now though!

But being completely honest, I feel like KC is a terrible team. The only strong point I can see is the HBs, and choosing Jones as the starter over Charles is stupid anyway.
We need to start losing now huh? well when we play the Colts we probably will and then you can be one of those fans that North was talking about.

They're both getting carries and Jones is a welcome addition to the team.It isn't stupid to start Jones..he's a great back and why do you care anyway? It isn't your team...McCluster is another strong point...he is one fast runner...the D is coming along great as well.

Northman
09-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I sure wish we were 3-0. Just saying.

I Eat Staples
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM
We need to start losing now huh? well when we play the Colts we probably will and then you can be one of those fans that North was talking about.

They're both getting carries and Jones is a welcome addition to the team.It isn't stupid to start Jones..he's a great back and why do you care anyway? It isn't your team...McCluster is another strong point...he is one fast runner...the D is coming along great as well.

What kind of fans was he talking about?

And I care because I have Charles in fantasy football. :D

KCL
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
What kind of fans was he talking about?

And I care because I have Charles in fantasy football. :D

fans like you...and no he didn't mention anyone by name.

I Eat Staples
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
fans like you...and no he didn't mention anyone by name.

I'm confused, what kind of fan am I?

KCL
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm confused, what kind of fan am I?

I give up...you tell me...

okay :focus:

I am liking our D...Tamba had a great game as well as Flowers!!!

I Eat Staples
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm a Broncos fan. :listen:

honz
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Still not buying into KC. Matt Cassel still sucks.

horsepig
09-27-2010, 10:20 PM

okay :focus:

I am liking our D...Tamba had a great game as well as Flowers!!!

They're all young too, KCL. If the front office an keep their shit together-I see the Cjefs as a very, very competitive team for years.

KCL
09-28-2010, 06:10 AM
They're all young too, KCL. If the front office an keep their shit together-I see the Cjefs as a very, very competitive team for years.

They're off to a good start...still have a ton of football left to play.

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
the chefs SHOULD be improved after all the top 10 pix theyve had from sucking for so long. Ive come to believe that unless you are extrmely lucky and have a HoF DC(pitt) for instance, that every team needs to have a couple lean yrs in the win column. You cant be expected to build with youth when picking lessor skilled players. Shanny proved that by constantly having to reach in FA. The only real exclsion to this would prolly be the 'rebuilding since 1954 detroit lions'. :D

Thnikkaman
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I think part of it is the opposition is getting worried about getting their junk grabbed.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Their biggest improvement is their DC. Much like our biggest improvment to our team last year, was our DC.

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Their biggest improvement is their DC. Much like our biggest improvment to our team last year, was our DC.
Thats good to know..... 2 wins after their bye.

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
How did they get "lucky" against the Chargers? :confused:
1.1st game of the season! Everybody knows SD sux early on....they barely squeeked by Oak last yr.
2. At home. Kc truly has a homefield advantage when there' 'promise'.
3. Weather.
4. No VJax.
5. No Probowl LT

5x Lucky

KCL
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
1.1st game of the season! Everybody knows SD sux early on....they barely squeeked by Oak last yr.
2. At home. Kc truly has a homefield advantage when there' 'promise'.
3. Weather.
4. No VJax.
5. No Probowl LT

5x Lucky

Then Denver should have no problem beating them at home...that Indian war dance made it rain..so the plan there worked.

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Then Denver should have no problem beating them at home...that Indian war dance made it rain..so the plan there worked.
1. Wont be early in the season
2. Invesco isnt MH.
3. Rain in denver?
4. Vjax back? *not sure of wk#*
5. Probowl LT back?

BIG ingrediant to winning in the NFL is luck....timing, conditions, injuries, standings, funny shaped ball, et al.
Last year's 6-0 start is proof enough.

KCL
09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
1. Wont be early in the season
2. Invesco isnt MH.
3. Rain in denver?
4. Vjax back? *not sure of wk#*
5. Probowl LT back?

BIG ingrediant to winning in the NFL is luck....timing, conditions, injuries, standings, funny shaped ball, et al.
Last year's 6-0 start is proof enough.

rc...are you hating that the Chiefs are 3-0?

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 11:01 AM
KC's defense is real. Its not a fluke, they aren't winning on the defensive side of the ball because of 'luck.' Their defense is the real deal. They have Dorsey that is coming into his 3rd year and is the BEAST that he was thought to be coming out of college. THey have Smith (don't know where he came from but is looking MANLY).. and Tamba . FLowers is REAL and was a great draft choice.

Then.. the BIGGEST change...... having a VERY GOOD DC. Once you have one, you just don't let them go.

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Vincent Jackson won't be playing for the Chargers at all.

Bosco
09-29-2010, 12:52 AM

My thoughts exactly. Crennel is a pretty good DC and I'm sure he'll have them playing tough all year, but I have not at all been impressed with Weis so far.