PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Darrent Williams Case

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=96398&catid=339

KUSA - For the first time since the January 1, 2007, murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, a member of the gang police say is responsible for the shooting is talking to 9Wants to Know about what happened that night.

"He fired the weapon," the source said, referring to gang member Willie Clark. "He specifically told me that he fired the weapon."

The man talked with 9Wants to Know because, he says, the Crip gang has put out a contract on his life, and he's afraid he'll be killed.

He also says he and his family are not getting enough help from the state witness protection program, even though the program has already relocated his family.

The man wanted to talk, but only if his name was not used and his face disguised.

He understands talking puts him in further danger.

"There are serious consequences," he says.

He tells a story about being in the Federal Correctional Facility in Englewood with Willie Clark and Brian Hicks, two members of the Tre Tre Elite 8 gang, an offshoot of the Crip gang.

The source says he intercepted a letter in the prison library from Willie Clark to Brian Hicks.

"I went to the law library where I was told by Brian Hicks there was a letter from Willie Clark. The letter was concealed in a book. Specifically, I retrieved that letter from Book 333 of the Federal Reporter."

In a copy of the letter, given to the Rocky Mountain News, the letter writer says he shot into the limousine in which Williams was killed.

The Rocky verified through its own handwriting experts the letter was written by Clark.

Clark's attorney denies he wrote it.

Denver Police and the Denver District Attorney's office, who have a copy of the letter, aren't talking about it because it involves an active investigation.

The man also talked of another murder he says was ordered by Brian Hicks of a witness against Hicks.

Her name was Kalonniann Clark. She was killed in December 2006 a week before she was to testify against Brian Hicks.

"I heard Mr. Hicks state that specifically that b**** Kalonniann has to go because she was going to snitch everybody out."

About the man's unhappiness with the state witness protection program, the Denver DA's office says "the safety of our witnesses and victims is a top priority and we have done all that we can to ensure safety in this case."

claymore
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
What a freaking coward.......

Davii
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I hope there's some movement on this soon.

Darrent deserves his killer be brought to justice, Darrent's Mom deserves his killer be brought to justice, and all of Broncoland deserves his killer be brought to justice.

Dean
07-28-2008, 04:33 PM
What a freaking coward.......

I'm thinking that Hicks and Clark are the real cowards. Damn punk ass gangsta's.

BeefStew25
07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Can we just start executing confirmed gang memebers?

Retired_Member_001
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
It's about time they brought this guy to justice. I would like to hear the guy's story that night. Why he killed him? Whether he really meant to target DWill.

Lonestar
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
It's about time they brought this guy to justice. I would like to hear the guy's story that night. Why he killed him? Whether he really meant to target DWill.

wanna bet it was that loud mouth cousin of Marshall's that was more of target..

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I am so glad that investigation is still continuing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8527110/Truck-swap-for-person-linked-to-Williams-death??CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Truck swap for person linked to Williams death?

DENVER (AP) - A federal court document says an inmate told authorities that on the night Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed, another inmate had traded trucks with a man considered a person of interest in the death.

It is unclear from the document whether that vehicle was the one that carried Williams' killers when the fatal shots were fired.

Williams was shot and killed while riding in a rented limousine early Jan. 1, 2007, after leaving a Denver nightclub. Witnesses said men flashed gang signs and confronted Williams and his group after taking offense when Broncos player Brandon Marshall sprayed them with champagne.

Police have said the shots were fired from a white sport-utility vehicle that police said was registered to Brian Hicks, an accused gang leader who was behind bars at the time.

Investigators have accused Willie Clark of working for Hicks in an alleged drug operation and say Clark is a person of interest in Williams' death.

In a declaration filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court, Hicks' former girlfriend, Veronica Garcia, wrote about meeting inmate Tamika Knight in Jefferson County jail and said Knight had spoken to a government attorney.

"She told me that she had told the Government that Willie Clark and I traded trucks on the night the Bronco player was killed," Garcia wrote in a declaration in her own drug case.

Clark has denied involvement in Williams' death and has denied any drug violations. No charges in the slaying have been filed.

EastCoastBronco
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Blame it on Tookie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Williams

G_Money
09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I hear they're getting really close to breaking the Jon Benet Ramsey case too.

~G

Buff
09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I hear they're getting really close to breaking the Jon Benet Ramsey case too.

~G

In related news, they should be unearthing Jimmy Hoffa's body any day now...

(Sorry, I don't mean to poke fun at the Williams case, more the ineptitude of the Boulder PD)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
The following contains a little more information:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/04/woman-clark-borrowed-her-suv-used-killiing-broncos/

Woman links Clark to SUV in killing of Broncos' Williams

A woman says she loaned the SUV used in the killing of Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams to one of the suspects hours before it was used in the killing.

In a declaration filed in federal court, Veronica Garcia said she traded trucks that night with Willie Clark, one of four suspects in the unsolved slaying.

The truck Garcia gave Clark was the white Chevy Tahoe from which the shots were fired that killed Williams, two sources close to the case said Thursday.

Clark, 26, has repeatedly said he was not involved in the crime, and no charges have been filed.

But Garcia's statement could put the suspected gang member in possession of the SUV, which was found spray-painted and abandoned in northeast Denver three days after the shooting.

Clark's attorney could not be reached for comment.

Garcia, 28, is the ex-girlfriend of suspected gang leader Brian Hicks.

Prosecutors allege that after Hicks was arrested on a drug charge in November 2006, Garcia helped run his drug business — a charge Garcia's family and attorney deny. Hicks also allowed Garcia to use his Chevy Tahoe, the sources said.

Garcia's declaration, filed as part of a motion for bail in her own drug case, doesn't explain why she traded vehicles with Clark. But she says she did it "on the night the Bronco player was killed."

Williams, 24, was shot to death early on the morning of Jan. 1, 2007, after celebrating New Year's Eve at a Denver nightclub.

Authorities say he was at the club with other Broncos and Denver Nuggets players when members of the group got into an argument with a group of suspected gang members.

The disagreement spilled outside, where Williams and others got into a Hummer limousine Williams had rented for the night. As the limo drove near Speer Boulevard and 11th Avenue, someone fired shots from the Chevy Tahoe, police said. Williams died at the scene.

Authorities suspect there were as many as four men in the Tahoe at the time. All of the suspects are in jail on drug charges, authorities have said.

blueblood15
09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=96398&catid=339

KUSA - For the first time since the January 1, 2007, murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, a member of the gang police say is responsible for the shooting is talking to 9Wants to Know about what happened that night.

"He fired the weapon," the source said, referring to gang member Willie Clark. "He specifically told me that he fired the weapon."

The man talked with 9Wants to Know because, he says, the Crip gang has put out a contract on his life, and he's afraid he'll be killed.

He also says he and his family are not getting enough help from the state witness protection program, even though the program has already relocated his family.

The man wanted to talk, but only if his name was not used and his face disguised.

He understands talking puts him in further danger.

"There are serious consequences," he says.

He tells a story about being in the Federal Correctional Facility in Englewood with Willie Clark and Brian Hicks, two members of the Tre Tre Elite 8 gang, an offshoot of the Crip gang.

The source says he intercepted a letter in the prison library from Willie Clark to Brian Hicks.

"I went to the law library where I was told by Brian Hicks there was a letter from Willie Clark. The letter was concealed in a book. Specifically, I retrieved that letter from Book 333 of the Federal Reporter."

In a copy of the letter, given to the Rocky Mountain News, the letter writer says he shot into the limousine in which Williams was killed.

The Rocky verified through its own handwriting experts the letter was written by Clark.

Clark's attorney denies he wrote it.

Denver Police and the Denver District Attorney's office, who have a copy of the letter, aren't talking about it because it involves an active investigation.

The man also talked of another murder he says was ordered by Brian Hicks of a witness against Hicks.

Her name was Kalonniann Clark. She was killed in December 2006 a week before she was to testify against Brian Hicks.

"I heard Mr. Hicks state that specifically that b**** Kalonniann has to go because she was going to snitch everybody out."

About the man's unhappiness with the state witness protection program, the Denver DA's office says "the safety of our witnesses and victims is a top priority and we have done all that we can to ensure safety in this case."

I really hope they catch these @§§holes! It still hurts me to think of how Javon (even though he is a Raider now) Brandon, and everyone else who were involved feel about this. It probably haunts them everyday. There must be justice brought to his family also, he was a great guy.

broncosfanscott
09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I really hope they catch these @§§holes! It still hurts me to think of how Javon (even though he is a Raider now) Brandon, and everyone else who were involved feel about this. It probably haunts them everyday. There must be justice brought to his family also, he was a great guy.

Yeah, that really messed up Walker and I would be surprised this had something to do with him almost retiring.

I hope they catch everyone involved in this so that D-Will's family and those that were there can have some closure on this......they deserve that much.

DenBronx
12-31-2008, 08:17 PM
bump in rememberance of darrent.

AlWilsonizKING
12-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Still miss the guy.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuO4kT1UTRQ&feature=PlayList&p=31564C0E2FEC9639&index=2)

PEACE!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2008, 08:21 PM
- We will never forget you :salute:

Tom Nalen
12-31-2008, 10:09 PM
I still can not belive it has alrady been two years...RIP D WILL

roomemp
01-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Happy 2009 D . Williams and family.

pnbronco
01-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Happy 2009 D . Williams and family.

bump in rememberance of darrent.

Thanks for the bump. I can't believe it's been 2 years, I think I will always miss him.

Magnificent Seven
01-01-2009, 04:18 AM
If Darrent Williams is still alive, Mike Shanahan won't get fired.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11748523

DENVER—The man accused of killing Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams is expected to enter a plea today.

Willie D. Clark faces 39 counts including first-degree murder.

Williams was shot after leaving a Denver nightclub on New Year's Day 2007. The indictment says Williams and Clark were at the club with separate groups that exchanged taunts before Williams and his friends left in a rented limousine.

A witness told investigators that Clark was driving an SUV when he caught up with Williams' limo and fired into it.

The 25-year-old Clark was also faces charges in an unrelated shooting death.

His plea hearing was originally scheduled in December but was postponed because his attorneys wanted more time to review evidence.

squints
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Mods if posted already please delete.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=519869

DENVER (AP) -- The man accused of killing Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams is expected to enter a plea Friday.

Willie D. Clark faces 39 counts including first-degree murder.

Williams was shot after leaving a Denver nightclub on New Year's Day 2007. The indictment says Williams and Clark were at the club with separate groups that exchanged taunts before Williams and his friends left in a rented limousine.

A witness told investigators that Clark was driving an SUV when he caught up with Williams' limo and fired into it.

The 25-year-old Clark was also faces charges in an unrelated shooting death.

His plea hearing was originally scheduled in December but was postponed because his attorneys wanted more time to review evidence.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.

Dreadnought
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Good - though my idea of a plea would be allowing him to plea down from a sentance of Hanged, Drawn, and Quartered to just a mere hanging. You know, as a humanitarian gesture.

KCL
02-20-2009, 03:05 PM
He was facing charges on another shooting death and was out on the streets.
Our justice system is a crime in itself.I wonder what kind of sentence this guy will get handed to him.Should be a life sentence.

roomemp
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Members of Gangs who commit crimes should be treated and tried as terrorists. Thats what they are in reality.

Superchop 7
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Laws need to be "targeted" at gangs.

"Gang enhancement" equals 3 strikes in my book.

For every crime they can actually prosecute, there are 100 they can't. Lock them away when you get the chance judges.

There should be a minimum 10 year tail on a gang member.

One screwup and your gone for a long time......that would change the allure in a heartbeat.

claymore
02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I blame rap music.

GEM
02-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Still miss the guy.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuO4kT1UTRQ&feature=PlayList&p=31564C0E2FEC9639&index=2)

PEACE!!!

That video still gives me chills. I had almost forgotten what it looked like for a guy in blue and orange to get an interception. He was special.

claymore
02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Darrent Williams loved the thug persona. I wish we would track the development of a criminal case that involved a victim with more character than Williams.

Yeah its sad... but all of the "We wont forget" crap is ridiculous. The only reason I care at all he was shot is because it screwed up the Broncos depth chart.

He wasn’t a very good guy. I feel bad for his family etc... but allot better people than DW get murdered everyday.

CoachChaz
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Laws need to be "targeted" at gangs.

"Gang enhancement" equals 3 strikes in my book.

For every crime they can actually prosecute, there are 100 they can't. Lock them away when you get the chance judges.

There should be a minimum 10 year tail on a gang member.

One screwup and your gone for a long time......that would change the allure in a heartbeat.

Problem is they have better life inside

GEM
02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Darrent Williams loved the thug persona. I wish we would track the development of a criminal case that involved a victim with more character than Williams.

Yeah its sad... but all of the "We wont forget" crap is ridiculous. The only reason I care at all he was shot is because it screwed up the Broncos depth chart.

He wasn’t a very good guy. I feel bad for his family etc... but allot better people than DW get murdered everyday.

I don't know Darrent as anything else than a football player. He was special to me in that manner. When I say he was special, he was special as a player.

Buff
02-20-2009, 03:46 PM

This is probably your worst post ever... Go ahead and take the rest of the week off.

claymore
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't know Darrent as anything else than a football player. He was special to me in that manner. When I say he was special, he was special as a player.

Fair enough. I liked him a hell of allot more than Lenny walls too.

Again its sad. Im just mainly thinking of the candle light vigils and that sort of crap.

CoachChaz
02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I guess I'm with Clay on this to an extent. I enjoyed DW a little bit as a player. He had an exciting field presence, but...he wasnt all that great of a DB. One week people are calling for his head and the next they miss him dearly. Hipocrisy.

I know the 'hood' he grew up in and the people from there that he hung with. He was every bit as thug as the next guy and if any of us even dared to meet DW the human...most, if not all, would stereotype him and never give him a chance. Perhaps rightfully so.

It sucks that people die and bad things happen, but let's be careful about who we glorify and martyr. This almost equates to crying over 2Pac dying.

claymore
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
This is probably your worst post ever... Go ahead and take the rest of the week off.

How?

GEM
02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
How?

Get in your truck and go to the beer shed, that's how. :D

Buff
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I guess I'm with Clay on this to an extent. I enjoyed DW a little bit as a player. He had an exciting field presence, but...he wasnt all that great of a DB. One week people are calling for his head and the next they miss him dearly. Hipocrisy.

I know the 'hood' he grew up in and the people from there that he hung with. He was every bit as thug as the next guy and if any of us even dared to meet DW the human...most, if not all, would stereotype him and never give him a chance. Perhaps rightfully so.

It sucks that people die and bad things happen, but let's be careful about who we glorify and martyr. This almost equates to crying over 2Pac dying.

Speak for yourself dude.

Jesus ******* christ... The guy was murdered... And he wasn't "every bit as thug as the next guy."

The dude graduated from college and made something of himself. He may have had some questionable steps in his youth, but who hasn't? And how many people would have been able to rise above that to become a professional athlete? Maybe you've been in Texas for too long if you wouldn't give the guy a chance.

Just because you don't feel that sad about his death doesn't mean that the people who do are stupid or out of line for feeling the way they do.

I thought his defensive back play was subpar at the end of his last season, but that doesn't mean I can't mourn the dude's death.

claymore
02-20-2009, 03:59 PM

Your allot better at articulating than me. Anyone that thinks different study his tattoos and get back with me on the meanings. Also look at some of the crap rap music he produced, and idolized.

He was a thug, a wannabe thug, that could have very well caused the incident that night or weeks prior. If he wasnt a pro athelete, everyone here would have said he probably deserved it.

Buff
02-20-2009, 04:02 PM
If he wasnt a pro athelete, everyone here would have said he probably deserved it.

This is basically what this translates to, from my perspective, "I'm an ignorant racist redneck."

You know I love you, but I couldn't possibly disagree anymore with you and coach on this one.

CoachChaz
02-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Speak for yourself dude.

Jesus ******* christ... The guy was murdered... And he wasn't "every bit as thug as the next guy."

The dude graduated from college and made something of himself. He may have had some questionable steps in his youth, but who hasn't? And how many people would have been able to rise above that to become a professional athlete? Maybe you've been in Texas for too long if you wouldn't give the guy a chance.

Just because you don't feel that sad about his death doesn't mean that the people who do are stupid or out of line for feeling the way they do.

I thought his defensive back play was subpar at the end of his last season, but that doesn't mean I can't mourn the dude's death.

Rspectfully...I fail to see where anyone said you were stupid and didnt have the right to mourn his death. All I'm saying is that there is a difference between mourning someone and putting them on a pedastal...which I also never said YOU did.

If DW did not possess the talent to play football, odds are he probably would have ended up like alot of people in his neighborhood do. So, yes...he went to college and then collected NFL checks. But I'm not going to feel bad for someone based on that. Having a dgree and alot of money does not make someone a respectable man.

claymore
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
This is basically what this translates to, from my perspective, "I'm an ignorant racist redneck."

You know I love you, but I couldn't possibly disagree anymore with you and coach on this one.

Thats fine. Thats your opinion. When you say that remember I have more black freinds than mexican freinds. And I have more mexican and puertorican freinds than I have white freinds.

Just think logically about it, and do some research. Look at his tattoos dude. He has Vice lord Tattoos.

claymore
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Goin to the beer shed! Enjoy ! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM

I really think this is totally unfair, unless someone personally knew Darrent, and had facts to know that he wasn't a very good guy. I prefer to remember things like the following from his mother:

http://www.darrentwilliamsfoundation.org/

Welcome from Rosalind Williams

On January 1st, 2007 my son Darrent was killed in a
senseless drive-by shooting just hours after playing in
his final NFL game. Darrent was a compassionate, caring,
and talented young man with a smile that could light a
whole room. Darrent’s death left an incredible void
in my life. I not only lost my son, I lost my best friend.
The time since Darrent’s passing has brought with
it tremendous grief, heartbreak, and pain.
This is a pain that far too many mothers in our society have to face.

One day I was having one of those “what is my purpose in life” moments and on that day, while doing the challenging task of packing Darrent’s belongings, I ran across a notebook with handwritten notes. The notes were filled with goals that Darrent had for helping his community; sporting and arts facilities for inner city youth, youth football camps, and back to school drives were just a few things noted. It was as if Darrent was saying “Mama, here’s your purpose”.

Darrent’s whole life was such a testimony. He constantly defied the odds. When the world said “no, you can’t,” he always had the fight in him to say “just watch me!” I’m drawing from that tenacity and passion and through founding the Darrent Williams Foundation I will make sure that fewer mothers will have to endure the pain and heartache that I have had to face over the past year and a half.

I unfortunately know first hand the effects of gang violence and the horrible impact that it can have on a family and a community. The Darrent Williams Foundation will target underprivileged youth and strive to provide opportunities for them that will enhance their lives and provide meaningful opportunities to assist them in being productive citizens. We must offer our youth positive opportunities no matter what their background or situation. I still grieve deeply for my son, but I do find peace in knowing that even in the mist of tragedy something positive can still be found. I find comfort in knowing that through this foundation my son’s legacy will live on.

Sincerely,
Rosalind Williams

Buff
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Rspectfully...I fail to see where anyone said you were stupid and didnt have the right to mourn his death. All I'm saying is that there is a difference between mourning someone and putting them on a pedastal...which I also never said YOU did.

If DW did not possess the talent to play football, odds are he probably would have ended up like alot of people in his neighborhood do. So, yes...he went to college and then collected NFL checks. But I'm not going to feel bad for someone based on that. Having a dgree and alot of money does not make someone a respectable man.

You're right... And if that's your position, that's fine, I can agree with that... But there's a fine line between saying "let's not immortalize this man like he was a saint" and saying "he deserved to die" or "he had this coming because of his lifestyle." My immediate reaction was that your posts seemed to fall into the latter categories... But that may have been knee jerk on my part.

Broncospsycho77
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Justice. I want justice. That's it.

dogfish
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
How?

go pound a sock jerky boi!

pnbronco
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I only knew Darrent while he was a player here in Denver. He was kind, respectful would give you a smile even when he was having a bad day. He wore the baggy clothes and big jewelry because that was what he saw as fashion for his age group and background. I wear baggy jeans and crocs because that what works in the Quilting world.

He spent a lot of his free time at the Boys and Girls club because it was his way of giving back to the community and he did it without any cameras around.

I saw him right after the SF game. Darrent was in serious physical pain, his shoulder was dislocated and they had just lost that game. He was really down, but there was a young boy that had gone to the game with his dad from CA. I asked Darrent to come over and sign a autograph for that child because I knew it would mean the work to that young boy and he did. Most of the players were racing to their cars in the golf carts, but Darrent took the time to walk over sign the autograph as visit with the regulars for a few. My last words to him was I'll see you later kido take care of yourself. I woke up the next morning to the horrible news of his death. I have never posted this because it just makes cry even today. Darrent was a hero to me not because he was the greatest player to ever wear a Bronco uniform but because he was kind even when he was having a hard time. I have used his kindness to find the energy to help with Mecklenburgs Charity and help as many children in DPS as possible. I will miss that kid the rest of my life...

CoachChaz
02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
All I'm saying is that if we heard a news story that a black man from a bad neighborhood with ties to gang members was killed today...most wouldnt care. I never knew him personally, but I know where he's from. That's not to say that he was just like the rest of the people in his 'hood', but many aspects of his lifestyle do lead one to believe that.

Did he deserve to die? I cannot and will not say that, but what I believe me and Clay are saying is that while he may not have been a complee thug, he also wasnt exactly a saint and probably should not be entered into martyrdom.

Dean
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM

There is no questioning that he hung with a gang when he was younger. However, he made the attempt to seperate from the gang life. He earned a paycheck rather than pushing drugs, manufacturing drugs, or stealing and killing someone else.

He spent huge amounts of time at Boys and Girls clubs speaking and spending time with the kids in an attempt to keep them gang and drug free. In my eyes, that is admirable. I wish more that had known that life would invest of themselves to better the community and to head a few young lives in a more worthwhile direction.

He wasn't just another gang banger. They don't do those things.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
His plead was not guilty.

BroncoJoe
02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
The alleged shooter plead not guilty.

claymore
02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I really think this is totally unfair, unless someone personally knew Darrent, and had facts to know that he wasn't a very good guy. I prefer to remember things like the following from his mother:

http://www.darrentwilliamsfoundation.org/

Welcome from Rosalind Williams

On January 1st, 2007 my son Darrent was killed in a
senseless drive-by shooting just hours after playing in
his final NFL game. Darrent was a compassionate, caring,
and talented young man with a smile that could light a
whole room. Darrent’s death left an incredible void
in my life. I not only lost my son, I lost my best friend.
The time since Darrent’s passing has brought with
it tremendous grief, heartbreak, and pain.
This is a pain that far too many mothers in our society have to face.

One day I was having one of those “what is my purpose in life” moments and on that day, while doing the challenging task of packing Darrent’s belongings, I ran across a notebook with handwritten notes. The notes were filled with goals that Darrent had for helping his community; sporting and arts facilities for inner city youth, youth football camps, and back to school drives were just a few things noted. It was as if Darrent was saying “Mama, here’s your purpose”.

Darrent’s whole life was such a testimony. He constantly defied the odds. When the world said “no, you can’t,” he always had the fight in him to say “just watch me!” I’m drawing from that tenacity and passion and through founding the Darrent Williams Foundation I will make sure that fewer mothers will have to endure the pain and heartache that I have had to face over the past year and a half.

I unfortunately know first hand the effects of gang violence and the horrible impact that it can have on a family and a community. The Darrent Williams Foundation will target underprivileged youth and strive to provide opportunities for them that will enhance their lives and provide meaningful opportunities to assist them in being productive citizens. We must offer our youth positive opportunities no matter what their background or situation. I still grieve deeply for my son, but I do find peace in knowing that even in the mist of tragedy something positive can still be found. I find comfort in knowing that through this foundation my son’s legacy will live on.

Sincerely,
Rosalind Williams
Same can be said about you and how you think he was a good dude, and deserves to be remembered. If he wanted "out" he would have had his tattoos removed, and not let his own rap productions glorify gang violence.

You're right... And if that's your position, that's fine, I can agree with that... But there's a fine line between saying "let's not immortalize this man like he was a saint" and saying "he deserved to die" or "he had this coming because of his lifestyle." My immediate reaction was that your posts seemed to fall into the latter categories... But that may have been knee jerk on my part.
None of us here can judge if this man or another man deserves to die. I only said that better men die every day. That is a fact.

I only knew Darrent while he was a player here in Denver. He was kind, respectful would give you a smile even when he was having a bad day. He wore the baggy clothes and big jewelry because that was what he saw as fashion for his age group and background. I wear baggy jeans and crocs because that what works in the Quilting world.

He spent a lot of his free time at the Boys and Girls club because it was his way of giving back to the community and he did it without any cameras around.

I saw him right after the SF game. Darrent was in serious physical pain, his shoulder was dislocated and they had just lost that game. He was really down, but there was a young boy that had gone to the game with his dad from CA. I asked Darrent to come over and sign a autograph for that child because I knew it would mean the work to that young boy and he did. Most of the players were racing to their cars in the golf carts, but Darrent took the time to walk over sign the autograph as visit with the regulars for a few. My last words to him was I'll see you later kido take care of yourself. I woke up the next morning to the horrible news of his death. I have never posted this because it just makes cry even today. Darrent was a hero to me not because he was the greatest player to ever wear a Bronco uniform but because he was kind even when he was having a hard time. I have used his kindness to find the energy to help with Mecklenburgs Charity and help as many children in DPS as possible. I will miss that kid the rest of my life...
Dw might have been a nice guy but signing an autograph when his shoulder hurts doesnt make him a hero. If he is your hero, thats your choice, but DW didnt live long enough, or have the opportunity to demonstrate he is even close to being a hero.

There is no questioning that he hung with a gang when he was younger. However, he made the attempt to seperate from the gang life. He earned a paycheck rather than pushing drugs, manufacturing drugs, or stealing and killing someone else.

He spent huge amounts of time at Boys and Girls clubs speaking and spending time with the kids in an attempt to keep them gang and drug free. In my eyes, that is admirable. I wish more that had known that life would invest of themselves to better the community and to head a few young lives in a more worthwhile direction.

He wasn't just another gang banger. They don't do those things.
You are naive on gang life. A kid with DW's talents never has to do that stuff. He only has to represent his gang once he makes it. None of us know if he even tried to separate from gangs.

We all have heroes, and martyrs, It just baffles me why DW would ever be either. He was either a gang banger, or used to be one who still glorified it. I cant say he deserved to be shot, but I can damn sure say knowing his past we cant be surprised.

Unfortunately, sometimes swearing oaths bite you in the ass.

GEM
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't get why the negativity? The guy is dead. Some want to come in here for updates or to remember the guy. Why shouldn't they be allowed to? Feeling that someone is a good guy or a hero or whatever is a person's opinion. If ya'll want to start a thread about what a gang banging POS you think he was, that's your business. But this thread is a positive thread looking for an outcome to a drive by shooting.

:tsk:

Dean
02-20-2009, 11:46 PM
His plead was not guilty.

I am shocked!

A person that would do a drive-by and shoot several shots into a car with tinted windows. A gang banger who blazed away without being able to see who or what he hit. This is a person who already wrote a note admitting that he shot Darrent.

I was sure that this paragon of virtue would tell the truth. Boy. . . am I surprised.

GEM
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I am shocked!

A person that would do a drive-by and shoot several shots into a car with tinted windows. A gang banger who blazed away without being able to see who or what he hit. This is a person who already wrote a note admitting that he shot Darrent.

I was sure that this paragon of virtue would tell the truth. Boy. . . am I surprised.

Nah....he'd rather rip the hearts out of the Denver fans and then have them pay for a long drawn out trial. :rolleyes:

drewloc
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I think that the term hero is very relative, to some he may be, to others, not so much. One thing that we can all agree on though is that the guy who pulled the trigger deserves what he's got coming to him. Regardless of Darrent's past or how he handled his situations, the thing that is in question here, is not D-Will's past, but how the shooting situation went down. For that all any of us can hope for is some justice.

G_Money
02-21-2009, 12:10 PM
The number of people calling D-Will a thug and a banger in this thread is...surprising.

You people do know something about your Broncos, right?

D-Will was a former thug and banger. He did what a lot of ridiculously poor black kids do, join a gang and stay alive.

But when he finally made the pros, had a chance to get his momma into a better place, had a chance to do right by his child and his community, he did. He was going back to his old stomping grounds to talk about the dangers of thug life to the kids in his hometown. He was doin' it in Denver too - they didn't name the youth center after D-Will because he used to be crip, they did it because he was the one there trying to lend his name to something that would make a difference.

Was he perfect? What 22 year old is? What 82 year old is?

Darrent had survived the culture of his youth with his humor and his love intact, and was trying to spread that humor and that love to fight the hate and the violence he was raised around and was escaping from.

As people, that's all we can do.

It's what we should do.

And it's what he was doing.

What more do you want from a millionaire who used to mug people - or from your neighbors or friends?

They can give his killer the chair, though - that's a kind of violence I'm okay with.

~G

drewloc
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
The number of people calling D-Will a thug and a banger in this thread is...surprising.

You people do know something about your Broncos, right?

D-Will was a former thug and banger. He did what a lot of ridiculously poor black kids do, join a gang and stay alive.

But when he finally made the pros, had a chance to get his momma into a better place, had a chance to do right by his child and his community, he did. He was going back to his old stomping grounds to talk about the dangers of thug life to the kids in his hometown. He was doin' it in Denver too - they didn't name the youth center after D-Will because he used to be crip, they did it because he was the one there trying to lend his name to something that would make a difference.

Was he perfect? What 22 year old is? What 82 year old is?

Darrent had survived the culture of his youth with his humor and his love intact, and was trying to spread that humor and that love to fight the hate and the violence he was raised around and was escaping from.

As people, that's all we can do.

It's what we should do.

And it's what he was doing.

What more do you want from a millionaire who used to mug people - or from your neighbors or friends?

They can give his killer the chair, though - that's a kind of violence I'm okay with.

~G

Spot on G, I think you echo the feelings of quite a bit of people. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/breakingnews/ci_11750913?source=rsssimplepie

Defense lawyers for Willie DeWayne Clark, the man accused of killing Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams, unsuccessfully tried to get him released on bail Friday by poking holes in testimony given by grand jury witnesses.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas entered a not-guilty plea on Clark's behalf after his attorneys argued they were not ready to do so because they needed to conduct more interviews with witnesses.

Clark, 26, was indicted by a grand jury on first-degree murder charges for the New Year's Day 2007 shooting of Williams.

The cornerback was killed by shots fired at his limousine from a passing Chevrolet Tahoe after he left The Shelter nightclub on 10th and Broadway. Two others in the limo were wounded.

The shooting followed an altercation between Williams' friends and another group of men.

During the hearing, Clark's defense lawyer, Darren Cantor, said a key witness against his client is Daniel "Ponytail" Harris, who was one of four men riding in the Tahoe that the shots came from.

Harris flew back to Denver from Cancun, Mexico months after the Williams shooting even though he faced federal drug charges.

Cantor said prosecutors offered Harris "the functional equivalent of $1 million" in exchange for his grand jury testimony, possibly referring to a plea deal in his federal drug case.

"Without the testimony of Daniel Harris, there could and would not be probable cause," Cantor said. "The theory of the case presented to the grand jury - particularly through the testimony of Daniel Harris - is that Willie Clark is the sole shooter of Darrent Williams. That is inconsistent with interviews and investigations that detectives did."

Cantor added that Harris' testimony before the grand jury is "untested," and that it should not be used as a standard to hold his client.

"Daniel Harris is a significant character in this prosecution and he says there is only one gun in the car," Cantor told the judge. "But Detective Martinez says there were two guns fired."

Cantor also challenged the validity of a letter that a witness who was in federal custody with Clark turned over to the Rocky Mountain News. The letter, reportedly written by Clark, says he fired shots at the limousine.

Cantor told the judge that the inmate who provided the letter has since said that he doesn't believe Clark is the shooter.

The judge said that Clark admitted that the handwriting in the letter is his and witness testimony to the grand jury corroborates information in the letter.

Habas said the grand jury transcripts met the standard for the purposes of the bail hearing.

"He is in danger of a jury finding a guilty verdict against him for first-degree murder," Habas said. "For that reason, I am denying bail."

Willie Clark was also indicted in the unrelated killing of Kalonniann Clark, a woman who was gunned down just before she was set to testify against Brian Kenneth Hicks, one of Clark's associates she had accused of trying to kill her.

Willie Clark and Kalonniann Clark are not related.

Kalonniann Clark, 28, was shot in the head in her apartment in December 2006, just a few weeks before Williams was killed.

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Attorneys for the man accused of shooting Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams to death are asking a judge to exclude statements he made to a detective in which he allegedly admitted to writing a letter that implicates him in the killing.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas says she will rule next week on the request by attorneys for 26-year-old Willie Clark. Clark was set to go on trial July 6 for the New Year's Day 2007 shooting but Habas rescheduled it for Oct. 13 at the requests of his attorneys.

Clark's attorneys say his statements to detectives about the letter should be thrown out because they were trying to set him up.

Clark is facing 39 charges, including first-degree murder, in Williams' slaying. Clark has pleaded not guilty.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/willie.clark.trial.2.1024830.html

BroncoTech
05-30-2009, 07:32 PM
It's a good thing Willie didn't know his rights. I don't think the judge will exclude this. Bragging about your crimes is such a just way to go down.

slim
05-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Lawyers are scum

BroncoWave
05-30-2009, 07:38 PM
It's a good thing Willie didn't know his rights. I don't think the judge will exclude this. Bragging about your crimes is such a just way to go down.

Agreed. This is pretty much a hail mary by his lawyer. Worth a try but no way that gets excluded. When you drive a nail in your own coffin like that you're pretty much done for!

GEM
05-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Attorneys for the man accused of shooting Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams to death are asking a judge to exclude statements he made to a detective in which he allegedly admitted to writing a letter that implicates him in the killing.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas says she will rule next week on the request by attorneys for 26-year-old Willie Clark. Clark was set to go on trial July 6 for the New Year's Day 2007 shooting but Habas rescheduled it for Oct. 13 at the requests of his attorneys.

Clark's attorneys say his statements to detectives about the letter should be thrown out because they were trying to set him up.

Clark is facing 39 charges, including first-degree murder, in Williams' slaying. Clark has pleaded not guilty.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/willie.clark.trial.2.1024830.html

Isn't that what detectives are supposed to do? :confused: If you're dumb enough to admit something while in conversations with them, then you're just a dumbass and deserve what you get.

BroncoWave
05-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Isn't that what detectives are supposed to do? :confused: If you're dumb enough to admit something while in conversations with them, then you're just a dumbass and deserve what you get.

Agreed. I don't know all the details of what the defense is claiming but it seems to me like the detectives were just doing their jobs. Not their fault Clark made their job 10 times easier by being a moron. :noidea:

Lonestar
05-30-2009, 09:05 PM

:salute:

Agreed. I don't know all the details of what the defense is claiming but it seems to me like the detectives were just doing their jobs. Not their fault Clark made their job 10 times easier by being a moron. :noidea:

got to remember folks we are not talking about Mensa candidate here..

most gangsters brag all the time to pump up their egos..

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12481768

Evidence suppression sought in '07 slaying of Denver Bronco Darrent Williams

A judge heard evidence Friday on motions to suppress evidence collected by authorities against a man charged in the fatal shooting of Denver Bronco Darrent Williams.

Willie Clark, 26, is accused of killing Williams on New Year's Day 2007. At Friday's hearing, District Judge Christina Habas also continued the trial set for July to Oct. 13 at the request of Clark's defense attorneys.

His lawyers sought to exclude evidence that included cellphone records, a jailhouse wiretap and incriminating statements made to a detective.

Habas said she would work to issue written rulings some time next week.

Clark allegedly admitted to Denver police Detective Mike Martinez that he was the author of a letter that implicated him in Williams' murder.

A man who was in the federal holding facility with Clark intercepted a letter he allegedly wrote and provided it to authorities after initially bringing it to the Rocky Mountain News in May 2008.

In the letter, Clark writes of his worry that a witness saw him shoot from the SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.

The witness "seen me with the gun and shoot out the whip," he wrote, using slang for a car, according to the newspaper's account.

While speaking through a small opening in Clark's cell, Martinez claims, Clark told him he would not leave his cell to provide the writing sample because he already had, Martinez testified.

"It was already proven he had written the letter and he wasn't denying it," Martinez said Clark told him.

Defense attorneys filed a motion asking Habas to exclude the evidence because Clark had twice indicated to federal prison guards that he would not leave his cell to meet with Denver detectives and had previously declined to speak to detectives through his attorney.

"This is a setup," said Abe Hutt, one of Clark's attorneys. "The purpose is to have a response."

But prosecutors said Martinez only wished to have Clark give the writing sample and had no intention of questioning Clark.

"I don't believe it was interrogation in any sense of the word," prosecutor Bruce Levin said.

Clark is also charged in a separate case with killing Kalonniann Clark in December 2006. She was shot to death in her apartment just before she was to testify that gang member Brian Kenneth Hicks shot at her outside a Denver nightclub in 2005.

Kirk Mitchell: 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com

Dirk
06-02-2009, 06:01 AM
You know, it burns my hide when I read stuff like this.

I know that we can't have cops and such going around beating people until they give a confession but talking and asking questions? Come on!

If they are indeed guilty of killing another human being, then all bets are off...interrogate away my friends!

That is what is wrong these days, too easy on the thugs and criminals. But then again, people are ignorant also. Why go out and show how "tough" you are by shooting a defenseless person from your car? Oooh...you are so tough!

Trash!

Nomad
06-02-2009, 06:38 AM
You know, it burns my hide when I read stuff like this.

I know that we can't have cops and such going around beating people until they give a confession but talking and asking questions? Come on!

If they are indeed guilty of killing another human being, then all bets are off...interrogate away my friends!

That is what is wrong these days, too easy on the thugs and criminals. But then again, people are ignorant also. Why go out and show how "tough" you are by shooting a defenseless person from your car? Oooh...you are so tough!

Trash!

Keeping the judicial system the way it is ensures blood sucking lawyers and judges never run out of work.

Dirk
06-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Keeping the judicial system the way it is ensures blood sucking lawyers and judges never run out of work.

Nail on the head brother! Nail on the head!

SoCalImport
06-02-2009, 06:55 AM

Trash!

I agree with everything else that you posted, man.
Just had to point out that this is a backwards statement. It's not guilty before proven innocent, after all.

Dirk
06-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I agree with everything else that you posted, man.
Just had to point out that this is a backwards statement. It's not guilty before proven innocent, after all.

Agreed, I meant if they have "proven" a person to be guilty, then all bets are off and they can interrogate how they wish.

It did kind of read that they "think" he is guilty so proceed.

My bad..:D

broncfn90
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
he deserves to get the shit kicked out of him

R.I.P D-will we miss you man

Denver Native (Carol)
06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9734662/Suspect-in-slaying-of-Broncos-player-in-court

DENVER (AP) - A suspect in the slaying of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams has appeared in court in a separate homicide case.

Willie Clark is charged in the 2006 shooting death of Kalonnian (kah-LON-ee-ANN) Clark, a Denver resident. He was supposed to enter a plea on Friday, but his arraignment was postponed until Oct. 2.

Clark also is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Williams on New Year's Day in 2007. The trial in that case is scheduled to begin Oct. 13.

Superchop 7
06-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Hang him in public.

Dean
07-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Friday, July 03, 2009

Judge "tired" of stalled Hicks trial
Accused drug figure Brian Hicks raises new issues with an attorney.
By Felisa Cardona
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/03/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Related
Jun 27:
Witness claims threat in Darrent Williams caseJun 26:
Suspect in slaying of Broncos player in courtJun 4:
Broncos murder case postponed until OctoberMay 30:
Evidence suppression sought in '07 slaying of Denver Bronco Darrent WilliamsMay 29:
Defense attorneys seek to exclude evidence in Bronco murder caseFeb 25:
Missing metal sparked jail shakedownFeb 24:
Judge orders trial for Willie Clark on charges he had knife in jailFeb 20:
No bail for accused killer of BroncoDec 12:
Contraband charge upsets murder suspectOct 30:
Clark arraignment on first-degree murder charges postponedOct 17:
Clark makes court appearance in Bronco's killingOct 10:
Prosecutors in Williams' death don't have a cut-and-dried caseOct 9:
Clark's rap sheet full of small-time street crimesA federal judge on Thursday accused suspected drug kingpin Brian Hicks of repeatedly complaining about his attorneys and implied he may be trying to delay the start of his trial on cocaine charges.

Hicks stood up in the middle of a hearing and told U.S. District Chief Judge Wiley Y. Daniel that he was upset about his lawyer's strategy.

"I apologize, but there is more evidence that Ms. (Leslee) Barnicle and I agreed to submit at this hearing and she has not done it," Hicks said. "It's not happening here, it is not happening with the previous witness and not happening with this witness. . . . I don't know what is going on and I want to make a record with the court. I don't know if I can proceed like this."

Daniel granted Hicks a 15-minute recess with Barnicle to discuss the issues. When the recess was over, Daniel warned Hicks that Barnicle is his fourth attorney on the case.

"I am tired of it," the judge said.

Hicks shook his head.

"There is a pattern here and the pattern disturbs me," the judge continued. "We are moving forward on this case and going to trial on this case and if we can't get past motions, we cannot get to trial."

Hicks did not say what evidence he wanted to challenge and told the judge he did not have his notes with him.

Barnicle told Daniel she felt that their disagreements could be resolved.

Hicks tried to say more, but the judge told him he wouldn't hear him and also told Hicks not to send him any letters.

Barnicle also represents Hicks on a more serious state case alleging he conspired with Willie Clark and Shun Birch to kill Kalonniann Clark, who was a witness.

Kalonniann Clark was set to testify that Hicks fired a gun at her outside a Denver nightclub in 2005. She was shot to death inside her home in December 2006.

While Hicks was in jail on his drug case, his sport-utility vehicle was used in the New Year's Day 2007 drive-by killing of Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams.

Prosecutors have named Willie Clark as the shooter in that case.

During Thursday's hearing, police officers from the Metro Gang Task Force testified about Hicks' Nov. 9, 2006, drug arrest so the judge can determine whether evidence should be suppressed before trial.

Officers said they captured Hicks making a drug deal on a wiretapped cellphone and went to an auto-body shop in Denver where the deal was supposed to take place.

As Hicks and two other men left the shop in a black Lexus SUV, police tried to stop them and the driver took off.

During a chase, police said a person riding in the SUV threw four single- kilogram bricks of cocaine that were inside a black satchel out of the window and into an alley.

Daniel was scheduled to hear testimony about evidence recovered from a search warrant in the Hicks case, but he delayed the hearing to Aug. 19 because of the conflict between Hicks and his lawyer.

Felisa Cardona: 303-954-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com

All contents Copyright 2009 The Denver Post or other copyright holders. All rights reserved.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=122660&catid=339

DENVER (AP) - A trial for the suspect in the slaying of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams will be held after the NFL season to give defense attorneys time to interview NFL players who are witnesses in the case.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas made her ruling Friday. The defendant, Willie Clark, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Williams on New Year's Day 2007.

Williams' trial had been set for Oct. 13 but is now scheduled for Feb. 22.

During the hearing, a handcuffed and shackled Clark told Habas that the media has vilified him during the three years since Williams' death and that he doubts he can get a fair trial.

girler
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM

DENVER (AP) - A trial for the suspect in the slaying of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams will be held after the NFL season to give defense attorneys time to interview NFL players who are witnesses in the case.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas made her ruling Friday. The defendant, Willie Clark, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Williams on New Year's Day 2007.

During the hearing, a handcuffed and shackled Clark told Habas that the media has vilified him during the three years since Williams' death and that he doubts he can get a fair trial.

No, not at all. I was ready to string him up and cut him into tiny bits with a broken, rusty spoon on New Years Morning.

Slick
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM

What takes them so long to get him in front of a judge and jury? The right to a speedy trial? Maybe they're hoping someone will just do the job for them in County...save the taxpayers of the state of Colorado a little dough.

Day1BroncoFan
09-04-2009, 03:52 PM
He vilified himself by being a villain.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
What takes them so long to get him in front of a judge and jury? The right to a speedy trial? Maybe they're hoping someone will just do the job for them in County...save the taxpayers of the state of Colorado a little dough.

I hope he dies slow and painful but you are correct. I'm not sure how they can just keep him locked up for the reason of letting the Players play a game. Then again maybe he is in no real hurry

nbenallo33
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
the state doing enough to protect him and his family???? WTF F that we need to kill his punk ass

NightTrainLayne
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope he dies slow and painful but you are correct. I'm not sure how they can just keep him locked up for the reason of letting the Players play a game. Then again maybe he is in no real hurry

The article said for "defense" attorneys to interview players. That means that it would be to the defendant's good to have the trial later rather than sooner.

Dortoh
09-04-2009, 04:31 PM
The article said for "defense" attorneys to interview players. That means that it would be to the defendant's good to have the trial later rather than sooner.

I stand corrected.

girler
09-04-2009, 04:33 PM
the state doing enough to protect him and his family???? WTF F that we need to kill his punk ass

slowly and painfully.:coffee:

Ravage!!!
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM

for a man that hasn't been found guilty?

I'm using your post as an example, and not to attack you.

But this is what I mean about in today's society. Itt is NEVER EVER EVER "innocent until PROVEN guilty." You are always guilty, if you are arrested, until you prove yourself innocent. Period. If the courts don't prosecute you, doesn't matter, society always will.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13271287

A Denver grand jury has indicted a key witness in the Darrent Williams homicide case on two counts of perjury in the first degree and one count of attempting to influence a public servant.

Court records show Mario Anderson, 22, was a passenger in the back seat of a Chevrolet Tahoe that was used in the drive-by shooting of Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams.

The indictment was unsealed today, but the Denver district attorney's office was refusing to release the document and ordered the court clerk not to release it. No reason was given, and it was not clear under what authority District Attorney Mitch Morrissey was acting in blocking the release of a public document.

In October 2008, Willie Clark was indicted by a grand jury on first-degree murder charges.

The 39-count indictment says that a witness reported to investigators that Clark was the driver and that Anderson was sitting in the rear seat behind Clark.

Shots were fired at Williams' limousine as he left a Denver nightclub early on New Year's Day 2007.

The shooting followed an altercation between a group of men Williams was with and another group of men outside the Shelter nightclub on 10th Avenue and Broadway in Denver.

Williams was struck in the neck by a bullet and died. Two other passengers inside the Hummer stretch limo were wounded.

Clark's trial was supposed to start in October, but the case was moved to Feb. 22 because the defense attorneys say they still have more evidence to analyze and want to conduct interviews of witnesses, including NFL players.

This morning, Denver District Judge Christina Habas agreed to postpone the trial.

Habas told Clark that she wants to avoid holding the trial in the middle of Denver Broncos season or in the post-season so he can get a fair trial.

Clark said he understood and agreed with the delay but said it didn't matter when it is held.

"I really don't see how I can get a fair trial anyway," he said to Habas. "I was in the media for two years saying constantly, 'He done it. He done it. He done it,' and I didn't do it."

Felisa Cardona: 303-954-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com

GEM
09-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Almost 3 years since the murder and the trial is still being postponed. Ridiculous.

Slick
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Almost 3 years since the murder and the trial is still being postponed. Ridiculous.

When did they get this guy in custody? I'm curious but also extremely lazy.

GEM
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
When did they get this guy in custody? I'm curious but also extremely lazy.

Hicks has been in custody before Williams was killed. He was in on killing a witness to another murder. Willie, the supposed shooter was arrested not long after Darrent was killed.

girler
09-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Hicks has been in custody before Williams was killed. He was in on killing a witness to another murder. Willie, the supposed shooter was arrested not long after Darrent was killed.

The vehicle that was allegedly used in the shooting- the one that matched the description and license plate, then turned up later with a terrible/rush paint job- belonged to Willie Clark. The one who has been "vilified" by the media.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=122902&catid=339

DENVER - A grand jury has indicted two key witnesses in the Darrent Williams murder case for lying to police and to the grand jury itself about who was in the car the night the Denver Broncos cornerback died, according to an indictment made public Tuesday.

Mario Anderson, 22, and Kataina Jackson-Keeling, 21, both face perjury and attempting to influence public servant charges for false statements they made to Denver Police officers and to a Denver Grand Jury convened to investigate the murder.

It is a move that 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson says could send a message to other witnesses in the case.

"One thing for certain - this sort of indictment makes people maybe thinking of lying to the grand jury maybe think twice," Robinson said.

The indictment states both men were passengers in the vehicle driven by Willie Clark used in the drive-by shooting that killed Williams after midnight on New Year's Day in 2007. The indictment goes on to state their lies started just days following the murder.

According to the court paperwork, a Denver Police officer interviewed Anderson on Jan. 5, 2007 when he denied he was in the white Chevrolet Tahoe the night of shooting.

Robinson says the attempt to influence a public servant charge relates to this conversation with the officer. Robinson says it appears prosecutors are trying to show false statements created needless delays in Denver Police solving the murder.

Anderson stuck to that version of the story into May and June the following year when he appeared before the grand jury. The two perjury charges stem from those appearances, according to court documents.

The indictment also reveals new information about the district attorney's case against Clark.

It describes an informant who claimed to talk to Clark at the Safari Club on New Year's Eve before the shooting. The informant said Clark asked around for a "heater," which was understood to be Clark's request for a handgun.

Police have previously indicated an argument between Williams' and Clark's friends led to the shooting after both groups left the bar.

The informant, along with another unidentified witness, both put all four individuals into the Tahoe the night of the shooting. According to the court documents, both informants claim Anderson and Jackson-Keeling admitted to them they were in the Tahoe that night.

Denver Police arrested Anderson last week, he is out on bond. Police are still trying to find the fourth person inside the Tahoe, Jackson-Keeling. The two were said to be in the backseat of the Tahoe, Daniel Harris and Willie Clark were in the front. Clark is the only one charged in connection with the murder.

On Friday, Denver District Judge Christina Habas ruled to delay the start of Clark's murder trial until after the NFL season to give defense attorneys time to interview NFL players who are witnesses in the case.

The first-degree murder trial had been set for Oct. 13, but is now scheduled to start on Feb. 22.

girler
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Willie Clark is a known informant killer- DUH people will try to perjure themselves.

Dean
12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I hope that in the trial for the murder of Darrent the DA goes for the death penalty and gets a conviction.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I hope that in the trial for the murder of Darrent the DA goes for the death penalty and gets a conviction.

Extremely unlikely.

girler
12-02-2009, 10:56 AM

Maybe His Honor will allow a slow and painful death this time. Like stringing him up spread eagle in the cold on a New Years Eve in the middle of a Denver Celebration, and people can throw things at him until he's dead. :evil: We could start with footballs and snowballs so it would take a long, long time. :salute:

Ahhhh, to dream...

Superchop 7
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
All gang members should be kicked out of the United States for life.

To live here is a priveledge.

To terrorize innocent people should "revoke" that priveledge.