PDA

View Full Version : The Breakfast Cereal Thread!

CrazyHorse
09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
One of my favorite foods is breakfast cereal. Why you may ask. Because it's easier to make and typically chock full of sugar. That's okay because it has whole grain and is fortified with minerals which makes somewhat good for you. So what's you favorite cereal or cereals? Any ones you long for that have been discontinued.

Recently on my last trip to the grocer I was delighted to find a nostalgic surprise. That of Oops All Berries. I haven't had this in quite a while since it's limited time only. I was disappointed however to find on the ingredient list that grain was the primary ingredient and not sugar like it was before. Anyways I love this stuff but the dye turns your stool funny colors. It also scrapes the roof of your mouth. Other than that it's one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.
http://www.militaryfoodex.com/catalog/images/captain_crunch_cereal_oops.jpg

BroncoWave
09-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Just had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

My other favorite is Recee's Puffs. I always go for one of those two.

KCL
09-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Cheerios for me...and CH I use to like the CC Peanut Butter but that stuff is brutal on the roof of my mouth...:D

Northman
09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Lucky Charms baby.

*Atwater*
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Cap'n Crunch, but only the Original one I hate the one with berries in it.

I also love me some Wheaties.

Buff
09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Frosted Mini Wheats FTW.

I like most cereals, with the exception of any peanut butter stuff. I like PB, but not PB cereals.

Tned
09-25-2010, 01:26 PM
My wife buys me this cardboard tasting Kashi crap.

broncophan
09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't eat cereal to often....but when I do...I like Raisin Bran...or frosted mini wheats.

turftoad
09-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Cap'n Crunch, but only the Original one I hate the one with berries in it.

I also love me some Wheaties.

Captain Crunch for me too buddy. Original.

Sometimes for a sweet late night snack I go for a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. :listen:

Btw, Wheaties and Beer is the breakfast of champions. :beer:

KCL
09-25-2010, 03:28 PM

I like that also...I like it better when it's on sale...I like the cluster kind..forget the name of it.....fiber fiber fiber is good for you.

Dreadnought
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Old school. Wheaties. With or without blueberries. A classic yet to be improved upon IMO

Skinny
09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Foot Loops FTW.

sneakers
09-25-2010, 06:21 PM
One of my favorite foods is breakfast cereal. Why you may ask. Because it's easier to make and typically chock full of sugar. That's okay because it has whole grain and is fortified with minerals which makes somewhat good for you. So what's you favorite cereal or cereals? Any ones you long for that have been discontinued.

Recently on my last trip to the grocer I was delighted to find a nostalgic surprise. That of Oops All Berries. I haven't had this in quite a while since it's limited time only. I was disappointed however to find on the ingredient list that grain was the primary ingredient and not sugar like it was before. Anyways I love this stuff but the dye turns your stool funny colors. It also scrapes the roof of your mouth. Other than that it's one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.
http://www.militaryfoodex.com/catalog/images/captain_crunch_cereal_oops.jpg

I hate it when the roof of my mouth is all scraped up after eating it, but it is quite delicious

sneakers
09-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Raisin Nut Bran and Fruity Pebbles

BigDaddyBronco
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM

Then you shit bricks, yea I know all about it. Damn healthy stuff. :tsk:

gnomeflinger
09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
My favorite is the maple & brown sugar frosted mini-wheats.

BroncoWave
09-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I hate it when the roof of my mouth is all scraped up after eating it, but it is quite delicious

I think you're doing it wrong.

GEM
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Raisin Bran is YUM!

Fruity Pebbles are the freaking BOMB!!!

I haven't seen them in awhile, but I used to love the Cinnamon Buns.

frauschieze
09-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Cereal is gross. I will on occasion eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch out of the box, but other than that, never.

sneakers
09-25-2010, 11:30 PM
I think you're doing it wrong.

Either that or you wait too long and they are soggy...there is a 45 second window when Captain Crunch is not so hard that it scrapes your mouth or too soggy

drewloc
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I've always been a big fan of the regular Capn Crunch. That, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and I'm a huge fan of the Oh's cereal. All great stuff!

drewloc
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Raisin Bran is YUM!

Fruity Pebbles are the freaking BOMB!!!

I haven't seen them in awhile, but I used to love the Cinnamon Buns.

I forgot about the Cinnamon Buns! Those are amazing, need to go on a search mission. :lol:

Thnikkaman
09-29-2010, 09:23 AM
My wife makes home made granola that is awesome when she doesn't burn the nuts.
I love frosted mini wheats,
Cocoa Pebbles,
Cap'n Crunch
Rasin Bran Crunch
and
Honey Nut Chereos

MileHighCrew
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/post_shreddies.jpgShreddies with strawberries.

Do you yanks have Shreddies?

Thnikkaman
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/post_shreddies.jpgShreddies with strawberries.

Do you yanks have Shreddies?

No, but those look like these:

http://www.egyptian.net/~mrch/life.jpg

MileHighCrew
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
NO they are very different tasting than Life. We have that too, it is not very good. For Shreddies think mini wheats without the frosting or shredded wheat but not a big log in a bowl

but they do look the same

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
NO they are very different tasting than Life. We have that too, it is not very good. For Shreddies think mini wheats without the frosting or shredded wheat but not a big log in a bowl

but they do look the same

Shreddies doesn't sound like a good name for a breakfast cereal. I immediately think about my mouth or somewhere down the line being shredded by razor sharp shredded wheat. That and the name is too close to Shitties.

They look like Wheat Chex.

MileHighCrew
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know Shreddies has been popular in Canada since my mom was little and she is in her 60's.
They are not like Wheat Chex either, they are kind of unique.

I was in Thule Greenland recently in the BX on the American Air Force Base and I notice y'all have some strage cereal. Flavored Rice Crispies.... what's next?

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know Shreddies has been popular in Canada since my mom was little and she is in her 60's.
They are not like Wheat Chex either, they are kind of unique.

I was in Thule Greenland recently in the BX on the American Air Force Base and I notice y'all have some strage cereal. Flavored Rice Crispies.... what's next?

Everything is about how much sugar you can pack into the cereal. Kinda gross.

MileHighCrew
09-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Which is great with shreddies, no sugar at all. They are not sweet, they are wheat.

BroncoNut
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Crazyhorse's stool funny color = a penis somewhere same funny color :lol:

Great thread, great topic, thanks for bringing it to us. I used to love breakfast cereal but haven't eaten it in years. (I think because I began drinking beer on a regualar basis and milk and milk products don't mix well with me) I was thinking of post raisin bran the other day and how much I really liked it. It makes my jaw sore though for some reason.

Capn Crunch products are always good, but they tear the hell outta my mouth. Lucky Charms rule. Reminds me of a funny story, I remember I bought a box of Lucky Charms when I was in h.s.. J(unk food cereal was always a big score back then for us farm folk). I told my sister to stay the eff away from Me Lucky Charms. Well, she stole all the marshmallows from that box of lucky charmsand and made me promise her a bowl upon the safe return of the marshmallows :lol:

BroncoNut
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Cinnamon Life is good.

broncophan
09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I remember back in the day....when I used to go to my grandma's house and stay all night....in the mornings she would give me graham crackers,crunched up, in a bowl with milk poured over it.....pretty tasty....every now and then I still do that.

BroncoNut
09-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I remember back in the day....when I used to go to my grandma's house and stay all night....in the mornings she would give me graham crackers,crunched up, in a bowl with milk poured over it.....pretty tasty....every now and then I still do that.

to me that's kinda sad. Sounds like your Grandma didn't really look forward to your visits and that maybe she didn't really love you that much.

broncophan
09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
to me that's kinda sad. Sounds like your Grandma didn't really look forward to your visits and that maybe she didn't really love you that much.

lol.....God rest her soul.....she was a good lady........

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Crazyhorse's stool funny color = a penis somewhere same funny color :lol:

Great thread, great topic, thanks for bringing it to us. I used to love breakfast cereal but haven't eaten it in years. (I think because I began drinking beer on a regualar basis and milk and milk products don't mix well with me) I was thinking of post raisin bran the other day and how much I really liked it. It makes my jaw sore though for some reason.

Capn Crunch products are always good, but they tear the hell outta my mouth. Lucky Charms rule. Reminds me of a funny story, I remember I bought a box of Lucky Charms when I was in h.s.. J(unk food cereal was always a big score back then for us farm folk). I told my sister to stay the eff away from Me Lucky Charms. Well, she stole all the marshmallows from that box of lucky charmsand and made me promise her a bowl upon the safe return of the marshmallows :lol:

Only if it's my own penis!!

She dug through the whole box and took out all the marshmallows? What was the point of that?

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Only if it's my own penis!!

She dug through the whole box and took out all the marshmallows? What was the point of that?

she was bored and Lucky Charms without the marshmallows just arent the same. I thought it was pretty funny

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Didn't they get soggy. I've tried that with animal crackers and they just turn to mush.

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
I invented a cereal dish. Cheerios and chocolate milk

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 11:18 AM
she was bored and Lucky Charms without the marshmallows just arent the same. I thought it was pretty funny

Lucky Charms - Marshmallows = Alphabits

I used to work at a place that packaged cereal. The lucky charms came separate from the marshmallows in giant totes. You weren't supposed to but sometimes I would take a handful of marshmallows and eat them.

I invented a cereal dish. Cheerios and chocolate milk

That sounds pretty good. Cheerios themselves are pretty bland.

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
interesting Crazyhorse. I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, home of Quaker Oats. They are responsibel for much of the nation's cereal supply. Not sure, but I think Capn Crunch is made there.

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
interesting Crazyhorse. I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, home of Quaker Oats. They are responsibel for much of the nation's cereal supply. Not sure, but I think Capn Crunch is made there.

Minneapolis is the headquarter of General Mills. The company I worked for was contracted to make the variety packs. Anyways here's a picture!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs344.ash2/62457_1482390140995_1271070289_31369987_2358407_n. jpg

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 12:26 PM
that's pretty cool. there's a GM plant just outside of Cedar Rapids,. I think I interviewed with them for a job.

underrated29
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I've tried that with animal crackers and they just turn to mush.

lol. That is hilarious. Its like something a stoner would do. Tried to make an animal cracker cereal.:lol::lol:

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 12:41 PM
ROR UR. that is totally midnight-1 a.m. stoner activity

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Crazy Hoss, that's right, your MN. you still work in the industry?

broncophan
09-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Didn't they get soggy. I've tried that with animal crackers and they just turn to mush.

Yea.....if you let them sit awhile....they will get soggy....but really it is not too bad.....something different every once in a while, I guess.

T.K.O.
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Sex line on Chad Ochocinco's cereal
CINCINNATI -- Charity-minded callers are getting intercepted by a sex phone line because of a misprint on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco's namesake cereal boxes.

Courtesy of PBLsports.com
Because of a wrong toll-free prefix for a number listed on Ochocinco's cereal, callers are directed to a phone sex line instead of a children's charity.
The phone number is supposed to connect callers to Feed the Children, which benefits from sales of "Ochocinco's". But because the box has the wrong toll-free prefix, they get a seductive-sounding woman who makes risque suggestions and then asks for a credit card number.

Cincinnati-based Kroger Co. said Thursday it was pulling all Ochocinco cereal boxes from its grocery shelves because of the error. Some local stores had them on special display after the launch about a month ago.

Tara Sands of Reading, Ohio, told WCPO-TV and the Cincinnati Enquirer that her family called the number on the box hoping to learn more about the charity.

"We don't need anything to give our Bengals a bad name, especially Chad," Sand told WCPO. "He's obviously trying to do something great by doing this [for] 'Feed The Children.' "

Ochocinco told WCPO that the number was clearly a mistake and he's sure that the maker will fix the problem.

A woman who answered the phone at Pittsburgh-based PBL Sports, which specializes in such limited-edition products featuring star athletes and their favorite charities, told the Enquirer that the company is looking into the situation.
:laugh:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0930/nfl_ocho-cinos_200.jpg

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 02:18 PM
I guess alpha bits were a kiddie favorite but then so was Frosted Flakes.. Tony influenced a lot of kids to by his Grrrrrrrrreat ..

I rarely eat sugary cereal any more but was tempted when I was at Sams yesterday. Had them in my hand. but thought who need the extra calories.

I use Kashi now mostly for mixing with yogurt as a desert

But Honey Nut Cheerios and Rasin bran are in the cupboard as we speak..

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I guess alpha bits were a kiddie favorite but then so was Frosted Flakes.. Tony influenced a lot of kids to by his Grrrrrrrrreat ..

I rarely eat sugary cereal any more but was tempted when I was at Sams yesterday. Had them in my hand. but thought who need the extra calories.

I use Kashi now mostly for mixing with yogurt as a desert

But Honey Nut Cheerios and Rasin bran are in the cupboard as we speak..

Honey Nut is good cereal.

I always liked the grape nuts and honey bunches of oats

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Crazy Hoss, that's right, your MN. you still work in the industry?
Haha no. I'm in school right now. My friend still works there and they just switched to 12 hour which he said really sucks. I don't understand what happened to the 40 hour work week. I blame globalization and the disappearance of unions.

Sex line on Chad Ochocinco's cereal
CINCINNATI -- Charity-minded callers are getting intercepted by a sex phone line because of a misprint on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco's namesake cereal boxes.

Courtesy of PBLsports.com
Because of a wrong toll-free prefix for a number listed on Ochocinco's cereal, callers are directed to a phone sex line instead of a children's charity.
The phone number is supposed to connect callers to Feed the Children, which benefits from sales of "Ochocinco's". But because the box has the wrong toll-free prefix, they get a seductive-sounding woman who makes risque suggestions and then asks for a credit card number.

Cincinnati-based Kroger Co. said Thursday it was pulling all Ochocinco cereal boxes from its grocery shelves because of the error. Some local stores had them on special display after the launch about a month ago.

Tara Sands of Reading, Ohio, told WCPO-TV and the Cincinnati Enquirer that her family called the number on the box hoping to learn more about the charity.

"We don't need anything to give our Bengals a bad name, especially Chad," Sand told WCPO. "He's obviously trying to do something great by doing this [for] 'Feed The Children.' "

Ochocinco told WCPO that the number was clearly a mistake and he's sure that the maker will fix the problem.

A woman who answered the phone at Pittsburgh-based PBL Sports, which specializes in such limited-edition products featuring star athletes and their favorite charities, told the Enquirer that the company is looking into the situation.
:laugh:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0930/nfl_ocho-cinos_200.jpg

Reminds me of these.
http://tdotsports1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/250px-flutieflakes1.jpg
I think my company used to package Flutie Flakes too. They had a box in the display case. I wonder if it was worth anything. Too bad we didn't do Wheaties.

BroncoNut
09-30-2010, 02:41 PM
that's a good company General Mills. 12 hour shifts, ouch. good bank though I bet

CrazyHorse
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
that's a good company General Mills. 12 hour shifts, ouch. good bank though I bet

It wasn't GM it was sub-contractor. We did all sorts of stuff. Kashi, Easy Mac, Splenda, etc.

weazel
09-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Honey Nut Bunches of Oats with Almonds....

and

Count Chocula

weazel
09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I found Buff's favorite!
http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/breakfast-cereals-crap.png