PDA

View Full Version : Let Me In

Thnikkaman
09-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Don't go see this movie. Go see the original Sweedish masterpiece "Let the Right One In". Its an excellent piece of film. I think many of you have seen the original. Don't let this version ruin it.

It could be good, but the previews don't give me any reason to believe that they stuck close to the original.

Softskull
09-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks. I just saw the swedish version last month on Netflix and was considering the American version.

I wonder if the new Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be a disaster too? I really loved the swedish original.

sneakers
09-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Let the Right One In was a good movie. I read the book and didn't realize there was a movie until later.

atwater27
09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Let the Right one In was instantly among my top 2 or 3 vampire flicks I have ever seen. I saw it when it first came out. That said, Rotten Tomatoes is IMO the gold standard of movie critics, and the critics at least as of right now have the remake at an astonishing 100%. Here is what one of them said...

"Ultimately, if the Swedish version is near perfection, Matt Reeves's version achieves complete supremacy. Masterpiece is an overused word, but it's hard to think of another so powerful. Let Me In is the new standard for vampire movies. "

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/let_me_in/

MasterShake
09-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Let the Right one In was instantly among my top 2 or 3 vampire flicks I have ever seen. I saw it when it first came out. That said, Rotten Tomatoes is IMO the gold standard of movie critics, and the critics at least as of right now have the remake at an astonishing 100%. Here is what one of them said...

"Ultimately, if the Swedish version is near perfection, Matt Reeves's version achieves complete supremacy. Masterpiece is an overused word, but it's hard to think of another so powerful. Let Me In is the new standard for vampire movies. "

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/let_me_in/

I was just gonna point that out. Aside from the awful new title, I've heard nothing but good reviews for the remake.