PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - SF in London

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I had no idea what the gametime was for this game. Here is the information:

@ San Francisco 49ers
Sun, 10/31 at 9:00 PM MDT
Away: Wembley Stadium

So - a start time of 9:00 PM MDT is bad enough - sure glad I do not live on the east coast - i.e. 11:00 PM start time :eek:

BroncoBJ
09-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Its an 11 o clock game I'm pretty sure. All the other games in London have been at 11 and I saw this year that its at 11. But I did see that a few weeks ago and went :O what? lol hella confused me also at first but I still believe its 11. 9 PM would be wack.

Lonestar
09-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Which should mean it is really a 4am start time in London Monday morning.

ME thinks you have the am pm mixed up

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Its an 11 o clock game I'm pretty sure. All the other games in London have been at 11 and I saw this year that its at 11. But I did see that a few weeks ago and went :O what? lol hella confused me also at first but I still believe its 11. 9 PM would be wack.

I don't know, it's on the Broncos' website:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

Lonestar
09-22-2010, 09:39 PM

It has to be wrong as London is 7hours ahead of Denver

UnderArmour
09-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Broncos website is wrong.

Denver at San Francisco 1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel Wembley Stadium

Per ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

BroncoBJ
09-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Yea, I know. I've seen that. But I'm pretty sure its a typo. Because I still believe its 11. And I swore it even said 11 on the Broncos website a while ago. But then it said 9 randomly a few weeks ago I saw. No way is it 9 pm.

But either way, that Sunday I'll just wake up and watch football and find out when the game is :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Which should mean it is really a 4am start time in London Monday morning.

ME thinks you have the am pm mixed up

ME thinks if there is a mixup - it is not ME

BoltWalt
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
When the Chargers played New Orleans over there it was in line with the first game on Sunday, which in San Diego starts at 10 am.

sneakers
09-23-2010, 02:35 AM
When the Chargers played New Orleans over there it was in line with the first game on Sunday, which in San Diego starts at 10 am.

That would mean it would be 12 noon in Wisconsin :noidea:

Jaws
09-23-2010, 02:38 AM
http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/majorevents/NFL2010.htm

Start time 5.pm our time, 1.p.m ET.

Elevation inc
09-23-2010, 03:17 AM
...living in italy Im 6 hours ahead of east coast time so 11PM would be 5 AM or 4 AM london time.....lol....not happening.

game is at 5PM in london which is 12 noon EST, 10 AM MDT and 9AM PCT.

i have tickets and cant wait.....gonna wear my royal jersey with a orange and blue painted Jason mask(its halloween)...lol

Jaws
09-23-2010, 03:45 AM
...living in italy Im 6 hours ahead of east coast time so 11PM would be 5 AM or 4 AM london time.....lol....not happening.

game is at 5PM in london which is 12 noon EST, 10 AM MDT and 9AM PCT.

i have tickets and cant wait.....gonna wear my royal jersey with a orange and blue painted Jason mask(its halloween)...lol

I think the time difference is one hour less that weekend, so I think the game is still 1p.m EST, 11a.m MDT actually. Our clocks in the U.K go back an hour on that weekend, which I believe is a week or so earlier than they do in North America.

Elevation inc
09-23-2010, 06:41 AM
I think the time difference is one hour less that weekend, so I think the game is still 1p.m EST, 11a.m MDT actually. Our clocks in the U.K go back an hour on that weekend, which I believe is a week or so earlier than they do in North America.

yep your right i forgot all about daylight savings for next month and the hour change so yea its 1PM EST time 11 AM MD, 10 AM PCT:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
yep your right i forgot all about daylight savings for next month and the hour change so yea its 1PM EST time 11 AM MD, 10 AM PCT:salute:

Daylight savings time is Nov. 7th this year

Lonestar
09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks folks for clarifying the real time on this.

I knew that it was not as originally stated. Because of the time difference. -7 from GMT for Mountain time.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jaws
09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Daylight savings time is Nov. 7th this year

And the 31st of October over here in the U.K.

Lonestar
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm surprised the the UK is un-civilized enough to have daylight savings time.

Always thought it was invented for our farming nation. Allowing the farmers more Daylight. :laugh:

By the way farmers do not start work by the clock but when the work need to be done. Most are up before SUN rise to get the cows milked.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Modern DST was first proposed by the New Zealand entomologist George Vernon Hudson, whose shift-work job gave him leisure time to collect insects, and made him aware of the value of after-hours daylight. In 1895 he presented a paper to the Wellington Philosophical Society proposing a two-hour daylight-saving shift, and after considerable interest was expressed in Christchurch, New Zealand he followed up in an 1898 paper. Many publications incorrectly credit DST's invention to the prominent English builder and outdoorsman William Willett, who independently conceived DST in 1905 during a pre-breakfast ride, when he observed with dismay how many Londoners slept through a large part of a summer day.

Starting on 30 April 1916, Germany and its World War I allies were the first to use DST as a way to conserve coal during wartime. Britain, most of its allies, and many European neutrals soon followed suit. Russia and a few other countries waited until the next year and the United States adopted it in 1918. Since then, the world has seen many enactments, adjustments, and repeals.

Although not punctual in the modern sense, ancient civilizations adjusted daily schedules to the sun more flexibly than modern DST does, often dividing daylight into twelve equal hours regardless of day length, so that each daylight hour was longer during summer. For example, Roman water clocks had different scales for different months of the year: at Rome's latitude the third hour from sunrise, hora tertia, started by modern standards at 09:02 solar time and lasted 44 minutes at the winter solstice, but at the summer solstice it started at 06:58 and lasted 75 minutes.

BeefStew25
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm surprised the the UK is un-civilized enough to have daylight savings time.

Always thought it was invented for our farming nation. Allowing the farmers more Daylight. :laugh:

By the way farmers do not start work by the clock but when the work need to be done. Most are up before SUN rise to get the cows milked.

Wow. Awesome post.