PDA

View Full Version : Return to Practice (9-22)

Spiritguy
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
A little good news amidst the challenges

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – As the offensive line returned to full strength, the secondary worked without its two starting cornerbacks as the Broncos began preparing for the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday.

Chris Kuper and Ryan Harris returned to practice, giving the Broncos their first glimpse of a full, first-team offensive line since the opening series of the preseason finale at Minnesota. Kuper hadn’t practiced since injuring his knee and ankle in Week 1 at Jacksonville, while Harris had been sidelined since suffering an ankle injury Sept. 2 against the Vikings.

As expected, starting cornerbacks Andre Goodman and Champ Bailey didn’t practice, leaving a young cornerback quartet featuring just one player who isn’t a rookie (nickelback Nate Jones).

The defensive backfield did receive a boost with the return of safety Darcel McBath, who hadn’t practiced since injuring his right forearm on Aug. 15 at Cincinnati. McBath worked with a protective cast on his arm.

more here (http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/09/22/as-ol-returns-to-full-strength-secondary-works-without-two-starters)

BeefStew25
09-22-2010, 04:39 PM
My sources say LoMo had some limited reps.

UnderArmour
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
A little good news amidst the challenges

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – As the offensive line returned to full strength, the secondary worked without its two starting cornerbacks as the Broncos began preparing for the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday.

Chris Kuper and Ryan Harris returned to practice, giving the Broncos their first glimpse of a full, first-team offensive line since the opening series of the preseason finale at Minnesota. Kuper hadn’t practiced since injuring his knee and ankle in Week 1 at Jacksonville, while Harris had been sidelined since suffering an ankle injury Sept. 2 against the Vikings.

As expected, starting cornerbacks Andre Goodman and Champ Bailey didn’t practice, leaving a young cornerback quartet featuring just one player who isn’t a rookie (nickelback Nate Jones).

The defensive backfield did receive a boost with the return of safety Darcel McBath, who hadn’t practiced since injuring his right forearm on Aug. 15 at Cincinnati. McBath worked with a protective cast on his arm.

more here (http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/09/22/as-ol-returns-to-full-strength-secondary-works-without-two-starters)

Bah. This means he won't be catching any interceptions. Hopefully we have somebody to cover Indy's most dangerous receivers, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie. If the Broncos are going to win, the defense needs to do exactly what they did last week and come up with big plays.

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Bah. This means he won't be catching any interceptions. Hopefully we have somebody to cover Indy's most dangerous receivers, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie. If the Broncos are going to win, the defense needs to do exactly what they did last week and come up with big plays.

Yeah, that sucks. McBath has already picked off Peyton in his young career.

dogfish
09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
if mcbath can give us a semblance of effective coverage against clark, i would be MORE than satisfied with that at this point. . .

also, if we can line up harris against robert mathis instead of beadles, it puts us in a significantly better position. . . even if harris is rusty. . . he just has footwork and quickness that beadles can't match, and you need that against the speed rush. . .

pnbronco
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
if mcbath can give us a semblance of effective coverage against clark, i would be MORE than satisfied with that at this point. . .

also, if we can line up harris against robert mathis instead of beadles, it puts us in a significantly better position. . . even if harris is rusty. . . he just has footwork and quickness that beadles can't match, and you need that against the speed rush. . .

So is this a possible ray of sunshine:questionmark:

Hey if it is I'll take it. When I heard Champ and Goody were hurt and Manning coming to town, it just seemed like it was going to be a very long day....it's tough trying to be Miss Sunshine all the time.....:D

dogfish
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
So is this a possible ray of sunshine:questionmark:

sure. . . FWIW. . . :laugh:

sorry. . . of course i do think it helps, but none of those guys is going to help our pass rush, or replace champ. . . still better to have 'em than not have 'em. . . it would be sweet if we could get some semblance of our full team (minus doom) healthy this year, but i guess it looks like that's not gonna happen. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty stoked to hear McBath is back. I'd play big nickel with him on Clark a lot.