PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks We Can Beat Indy?

WARHORSE
09-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Seriously, Peyton Manning is like kryptonite to the Broncos faithful.

Year in and year out we seem to get them on our schedule, and year in and year out we lose to them.

Is this year any different?

I think it may be easier to talk about if we were five or six games or more into the season, but here we are two games in, after losing a close game to Jax in Jax and then punishing the Seahawks for coming to Denver.

We picked off Hasselboy three times, but that doesnt give anyone a glimmer of hope does it? We picked off Peyton three times last year as well........but does that change anyones mind?

We did not have the offensive power to keep up last year.........but.....:coffee:

We dont have the same Orton either.

One would have to be blind to not see the change in Kyles play. The ball is coming out quickly, and its coming out to multiple targets.

Our offensive line has a LT coming off injury and still getting his feet under him, a LG that is new, a center thats a rookie, a RG thats coming off injury and old, and a rookie RT who as far as I can tell, has never played there before unless it was sparingly in college.

Our Oline will determine alot. We need to be able to run the ball, and getting Harris and Kuper back would be a shot in the arm we need. Each week, the line will get better, and Kyle has been kept relatively upright.

Clady, as we know, can faceplant Freeney and take care of him. But if Mathis gets our rookie, its going to be a long night.

We will not stop Peyton Manning, we can only hope to get SOME stops, or limit him to field goals.

I think we can win this game, but we will need some help early on.

One, we need to score first, and then be able to get a turnover or two.

If we can get them behind, it will really help the D.

Even if we dont score first though, make them run the ball cause it will slow the game down and Addai will get more touches. He can be made to cough the ball up.

We need the Mile High Magic to come back and the the twelfth man to be a factor.

Peyton in the hurryup offense is a powerful force.

Lets hope hes off.

Broncos Baby.
:salute::salute::salute:

dogfish
09-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Who Thinks We Can Beat Indy?

top does. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2010, 12:48 PM
top does. . . .

Add me to the list

T.K.O.
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
i just got off the horn with mcD...he said "no problemo":elefant:

pnbronco
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
What the heck, any given Sunday right? Go get them boys!!!!!

I'm on board too.:fight:

BigDaddyBronco
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Any team can beat any team in the NFL. We need turnovers, and good offensive production since our defense is going to have a hard time shutting down the Colts offense. It can happen.

EastCoastBronco
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Like I said before...
We can only hope to SLOW Peyton down. We won't stop him. That's pretty much a given.
Our main concern is keeping up with them offensively. That means taking care of Freeney and Mathis. If we can slow THEM down, we may be able to keep it close and win with a turnover or 2.

slim
09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
We will win.

BroncoWave
09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
It's the NFL. Any given Sunday. I've been watching sports for too long to think any game, ESPECIALLY in a pro sport, is unwinnable.

BeefStew25
09-22-2010, 12:57 PM
It's the NFL. Any given Sunday. I've been watching sports for too long to think any game, ESPECIALLY in a pro sport, is unwinnable.

Like 7 years or so?

slim
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Any team can beat any team in the NFL. We need turnovers, and good offensive production since our defense is going to have a hard time shutting down the Colts offense. It can happen.

We agree.

claymore
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
If we win I will shave Jrwiz's initials into my crotch fur.

BroncoWave
09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Like 7 years or so?

:coffee:

BeefStew25
09-22-2010, 01:01 PM
:coffee:

Bam!

BeefStew25
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
We need like 12 minute drives. So bad.

Tned
09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
top does. . . .

Top thinks that Orton and 11 peewee football players could beat Indy playing both ways old school (need the 11th for defense since Orton doesn't go both ways...)

"Can" beat Indy? Sure, the Broncos "can" beat Indy. The question is are we likely to beat them?

T.K.O.

yeah right ! like it is'nt there already:laugh:

silkamilkamonico
I don't think we're going to beat Indy.

I just think we match up miserably against them.

QB that can pick apart our questionable pas defense? check

pass rusher(s) that can pick apart our questionable oline? check

We don't even have a good enough running game to really control the clock against Indy.

slim
It would help if Peyton got food poisioning.

KCL
09-22-2010, 01:09 PM

For this reason and this reason only I say GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

Thnikkaman
09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
We can do it.

I think Claymore has hacked Tned's account.

BeefStew25
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Clay, the game is on regular TV for us, Buddy.

broncophan
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
It would help if Peyton got food poisioning.

Who is this Peyton guy people keep talking about??

I just don't think the broncos can do it....but thats why they play the games.....the game being in Denver gives me some hope....
with the tragic loss of a teammate.....who knows what affect that will have.....

GO BRONCOS!!!

rcsodak
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
if indy is able to run at will, it would be WORSE! The D would be constantly on their heels and guessing. Make them 1 dimensional and hope the ball is in ortons hands at the closing minutes of a tie game. Prater from 58!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Do i THINK we can beat them? No.

Do i HOPE we beat them? Absolutely.

claymore
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Clay, the game is on regular TV for us, Buddy.

I was scared to look. If we win I wont say anything bad about McD till we lose again.

slim
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I was scared to look. If we win I wont say anything bad about McD till we lose again.

Mods, please sticky this thread so I can find it on Monday.

claymore
09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Mods, please sticky this thread so I can find it on Monday.

Its written in stone.

DenBronx
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I think our chances of beating the Ravens or Jets are more likely than beating the Colts. Our defense doesn't scare anyone but our offense just might carry us.

Realistically I think no.

But my heart says YES! :salute:

We're going to need the crowd on this one. I hope Invesco is rocking like never before.

T.K.O.
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Do i THINK we can beat them? No.

Do i HOPE we beat them? Absolutely.

it's not a question of CAN ,it's a question of WILL .
if the breaks go our way we definately CAN but it's going to take a supreme effort by every player on the broncos to come away with a W in this one.
hey did'nt manning throw like 3 picks week 1 ?
i say if we win the turnover battle by 2-3 we have a good shot !:salute:

Northman
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
it's not a question of CAN ,it's a question of WILL .
if the breaks go our way we definately CAN but it's going to take a supreme effort by every player on the broncos to come away with a W in this one.
hey did'nt manning throw like 3 picks week 1 ?
i say if we win the turnover battle by 2-3 we have a good shot !:salute:

All true however in week 1 Houston was able to use clock with superior run game to keep Manning off the field. But even that was almost not enough as Manning does what he does and made a solid effort to try and get back in the game. If we cant run the ball and protect Orton from their Dline we will have problems.

camdisco24
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't think the Colts are quite as strong as they have been the past few years. Without Peyton, they'd be an old washed up team IMO... But they DO have Peyton so no matter what they're going to be tough. Turnovers will be key and getting off to a quick start will be too. If Orton has time to make plays, we will be in the game until the end. The game comes down to tough D and Mr. Orton himself. It'll be fun to watch if we bring our A game.

Every time Kyle Orton walks up in the building, everybody's hands go up.... and they stay there.

T.K.O.
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
as of right now,the colts are dead last in stopping the run,if we go into the game with moreno,buck and maybe maroney healthy .i think we have a shot at keeping manning on the bench and not letting him get into a rythym......and that is probably our only hope !
we do have a pretty solid set of recievers and with D.T. adding a bit of mystery to the passing game....i really believe we might catch indy off guard.
but again,on paper we should get our butts kicked...but that's why they play the game !:salute:

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Any team can beat any other team. The question is not "can we?", it's "will we?".

We won't beat the Colts.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
if we go into the game with moreno,buck and maybe maroney healthy .i think we have a shot at keeping manning on the bench and not letting him get into a rythym

I disagree. We have a horrible running game.

GEM
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
The sports update on 87.7 just stated that Champ won't be playing. :rolleyes: Fudge...

T.K.O.
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
I disagree. We have a horrible running game.

yeah and we still have put up some pretty good #'s.that's why i'm saying that playing the 32nd ranked run D might just be the ticket.if we can have some balance on offense ,we may just be able to keep manning on the pine. and have a legit shot.
sure it's wishful thinking ....but it could happen !:elefant::salute:

T.K.O.
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
The sports update on 87.7 just stated that Champ won't be playing. :rolleyes: Fudge...

well THAT won't help our cause !:mad:

broncophan
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Fudge is not the first word that came to my mind when I read this.....:mad:

jhildebrand
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
We can but I don't think we will.

Lots of corner blitzes and other well disguised blitzes and actually getting to Manning would give us our best shot. I just don't see it.

Of course I would be happy to eat crow for this post :D

Mike
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't think we can and I don't think we will.

How we lose to Indy is what I am looking for though.

broncophan
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I was just reading this article ....http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13989668
about our loss last year to Indy......we really did not play that bad...and it was at Indy...we sure can't spot them a 21 point lead again this time around.

I forgot we won the toss....and McD let Manning and the colts have the ball first...lol

dogfish
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
we just don't match up well with them. . . in fact, i don't think there's a team in the league we match up against more poorly. . .

our safeties and 'backers can't cover-- dallas clark always kills us. . . we have zero pass rush, and they have a surgeon at quarterback. . . they have a wicked nasty pair of edge rushers, and we have questionable tackles. . . a gimpy clady may or may not be able to handle freeney, but i'll be shocked if mathis doesn't destroy beadles even with graham over there every play. . . we have no running game to pound them with. . . etc etc. . .

the "blueprint" for attacking the colts hasn't changed much over the years. . . go after their weak run defense, try to wear them down and keep the forehead off the field as much as possible, and try to slow their passing attack with mixed coverages. . .

a lot of people like to talk about pressuring manning, but it's just so difficult to do it effectively. . . he's hands down the best to ever play when it comes to pre-snap reads-- and even when he doesn't diagnose the blitz pre-snap, his field vision and decisionmaking are so good he typically beats it anyways. . . sitting back in coverage isn't much better-- he typically beats that too. . .

personally, i think the game will be lost by the beginning of the second quarter if we try to attack them with the run game. . . i would abandon it early-- we aren't remotely close to good enough to beat them that way. . . our passing game is the only thing we've got working well enough to give us a chance. . .

our offense will need to put points on the board early to keep us in it, and i don't see it happening if we try to play conservative and eat the clock. . . IMO, josh is going to have to open it up a bit and take some chances. . . carefully, though. . . lots of controlled passing, quick-developing stuff with mostly three step drops to get the ball out of orton's hand. . . i'd go three or four wide on almost every play, with a back or TE to chip or preferrably double mathis. . . our WRs vs. their DBs is our best matchup, we need those guys to win it decisively. . . throw slants and drags, anything to give the WR a chance to run after the catch. . . some middle screens to the RBs to exploit their DL's tendency to get up field. . . first down is a passing down this week. . . if we can't get to manageable 3rd downs situations, we can't win with those guys screaming off the edge. . .

on defense, i wouldn't blitz that much. . . but when we do blitz, we need to blitz heavy-- we don't have the guys to generate quick pressure by consistently winning one-on-one matchups, if we're going to generate pressure it's almost going to have to be from somebody coming clean. . . IMO, blitzing one guy is a complete waste-- most plays it's not going to be enough to bother manning, it's just one less guy in coverage. . . he probably loves that. . .

if you wanna get after him, i'd bring the zero blitz. . . not on their side of the 50, though-- way too much chance of giving up a big play. . . obviously you have to mix your coverages as much as possible against the forehead, but i'd mostly stay in some type of two-deep or quarters coverage, keep my safeties back as much as possible and try to keep everything in front of you, make them throw underneath and string drives together. . .

the one asset we have on defense is some talented cornerbacks-- i'd give them as many chances as possible to make a play, or honestly just hope for a holding penalty or something to maybe stall a few of their drives out. . . i wouldn't unleash the blitzes until they got past mid-field, and then i'd come after them with everything we have. . .

NOT that i think we're likely to win that way either, but that's how i'd approach it. . . i think if we come out and try to establish the run early, we're gonna get slaughtered. . .

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Not surprised. When was the last time Champ played a full season?

I forgot we won the toss....and McD let Manning and the colts have the ball first...lol

I would too. I would always choose to kick the ball and take the first possession of the second half. The ultimate goal in this is to score a TD right before halftime, and another one on your first drive of the 2nd half. If done properly, it's a 14 point swing which comes along very rarely. I just don't see the advantage in receiving the ball to start the game.

Look at that, I agreed with McD.

Dzone
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
No doubt we can beat Indy.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 03:00 PM
No doubt we can beat Indy.

What type of game plan do you have in mind?

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Is this one of those questions where we get technical on the word "can" and the word "will?"

Because, as we all learned in gradeschool, yes, we CAN beat Indianapolis. But WILL we beat them, No.

Grover
09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes, I'm an optimist with respects to the Broncos, so I'm predicting we will win.

Keys:

It's a home game - Prater will kick it through the end zone on kickoffs and Manning will be working with a long field.

Our Rookies will need to step up. In particular, I'm thinking Cox, Vaughn and Thompson will all play, and all of them need to bring their A+ games.

I think you will see some pressure by blitz on defense that we haven't shown so far this year. I think McDaniels/Wink have a surprise or two cooked up for Forehead and Company.

Tebow - We are going to see us some Tebow this game. I dug through the trash at team headquarters and I found a couple of play diagrams labeled "Friar Tuck Roll Out Left". I think I know what that means.

As dogfish stated a few posts earlier, (I only borrow from the best) I think we need to pass and score points. We aren't going to win by a clock-control run game.

Broncos 31, Colts 27.

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I want to agree with everything Dog said, but didn't want to quote his large post. Was good, so read it :D

But I'll say that the solution he's suggesting for us to beat Manning, abandon the run early and pass to try and keep up, is EXACTLY what the Giants tried doing when they have a GOOD running game. That didn't work out so well. We can't keep up with the Colts scoring and passing game. We just can't. We'll get destroyed trying. We looked GOOD against a bad Jacksonville team, and a bad Seattle team....... buttttttttttt

honz
09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Not only can we beat them, but we will win by at least 13 points. Book it.

KCL
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, I'm an optimist with respects to the Broncos, so I'm predicting we will win.

Keys:

It's a home game - Prater will kick it through the end zone on kickoffs and Manning will be working with a long field.

Our Rookies will need to step up. In particular, I'm thinking Cox, Vaughn and Thompson will all play, and all of them need to bring their A+ games.

I think you will see some pressure by blitz on defense that we haven't shown so far this year. I think McDaniels/Wink have a surprise or two cooked up for Forehead and Company.

Tebow - We are going to see us some Tebow this game. I dug through the trash at team headquarters and I found a couple of play diagrams labeled "Friar Tuck Roll Out Left". I think I know what that means.

As dogfish stated a few posts earlier, (I only borrow from the best) I think we need to pass and score points. We aren't going to win by a clock-control run game.

Broncos 31, Colts 27.

Something he is good at...deep passes.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Tebow - We are going to see us some Tebow this game.

Probably because we'll be losing by 24 points in the 4th quarter. Unless we use him earlier just to assure our chances of that being true.

honz
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Probably because we'll be losing by 24 points in the 4th quarter. Unless we use him earlier just to assure our chances of that being true.
It's far more likely that we will be up by 24 in the 4th Q.

Dzone
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
From SI don banks:"The Broncos are in the midst of a very difficult week, preparing for a game while still absorbing the shock of receiver Kenny McKinley's apparent suicide. The Colts are their opponent, and Indy has fairly well owned Denver in the Peyton Manning era, going 7-2 and twice knocking the Mike Shanahan-coached Broncos out of the playoffs."

What does Mike shannahan have to do with NOW? What does past seasons have to do with this game? That 7-2 record is against different players...This past history stuff just never makes any sense. Manning has a winning record against probably every team he plays against.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/22/power.rankings.3/index.html#ixzz10IDNnLti

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
It's far more likely that we will be up by 24 in the 4th Q.

How so? I'm interested.

honz
09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
How so? I'm interested.
Because we are going to kick their butts.

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I KNOW we can beat them. I just don't know if we will. Should be an interesting game. Won't be surprised if we get blown out, but also won't be surprised if we beat them.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Because we are going to kick their butts.

How?

jhildebrand
09-22-2010, 04:02 PM
From SI don banks:"The Broncos are in the midst of a very difficult week, preparing for a game while still absorbing the shock of receiver Kenny McKinley's apparent suicide. The Colts are their opponent, and Indy has fairly well owned Denver in the Peyton Manning era, going 7-2 and twice knocking the Mike Shanahan-coached Broncos out of the playoffs."

What does Mike shannahan have to do with NOW? What does past seasons have to do with this game? That 7-2 record is against different players...This past history stuff just never makes any sense. Manning has a winning record against probably every team he plays against.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/22/power.rankings.3/index.html#ixzz10IDNnLti

I read that too! That is when I came to the realization that JRWIZ is Don Banks :eek:

honz
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
How?
By outplaying them and scoring more points than them.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 04:22 PM
By outplaying them and scoring more points than them.

How?

MasterShake
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Hell ya we can beat Indy. We almost did it a few years ago with Jake Plummer at home, we just gave Indy too much time to come back with a field goal late in the game.

Broncos are gonna be PUMPED for this game in my opinion. We will score on our first drive and our oppurtunistic defense will get an early turnover. After going up 14-3 in the first qaurter with some precision passing drives that take up some good clock, Knowshon and co. will start getting 3-6 yard carries at a good pace in the second quarter. We convert our 3rd downs and get a field goal after a 8 minute drive. Peyton comes out with a nice drive of his own before the half and scores. Score is 17-10 Broncos going into the half.

Colts get the ball back after the half first, but go three and out. After a nice return on the punt, the Broncos start on their 46 yard line. After a few nice runs, a play action pass to Thomas puts us in business around the 12 yard line. 2 plays and a slant route to Eddie Royal later we are up 24-10. Peyton is visibly shaken now as he is exposed as the only talent on his team and tries too hard to carry them on his shoulders. After a nice drive to our 32, DJ Williams gets a nice INT on a pass intended for Dallas Clark (off a deflection). The ground game gets going again but stalls at our 36. Prater with a long FG to put Denver up 27-10 just as the 4th qtr begins.

Prater kicks the ball through the endzone for a touchback to start the 4th. Peyton is sacked on 1st down for a loss of 8 as our defense pins its ears back with a nice lead. A second down incompletion along the sideline to Garcon and a 3rd down draw play gets stuffed. Punt.

A nice punt is fair caught, and we start at the 35. 5 running plays in a row gives us a 1st and 10 at their 45. On first, shotgun formation, 3 recievers to the right. Gaffney on a nice post gets us to the 10. Our first two runs are stuffed, but a pitch to Moreno gets us our next TD from 10 yards out and a big mile high salute to the rabid fans. 34-10.

Petyton comes out and puts together a nice drive, but Garcon is popped by Dawkins at midfield for a late game fumble. We get the ball back and kneel the game out. Everyone is shocked except the Broncos who walk off the field like badasses.

Oh, and the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all lose that day. Awesome! :salute:

red98
09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I'll have what shake's having.

MasterShake
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll have what shake's having.

I have a cold so I'm hopped up on Sudafed and Whiskey. You definitely want what I'm having! Kyle Orton is my Doctor and he recommended it to me.

BroncoWave
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
You have to take into account that this team will likely rally around the death of McKinley and try to win this one for him. It might sound cheesy or whatever but when a team plays with a special motivation that can have an affect on the game that can't really be quantified.

On the other hand, that could just totally mess them up and they could come out playing like crap. There's really no way of knowing. Hopefully it's the first one.

pnbronco
09-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a cold so I'm hopped up on Sudafed and Whiskey. You definitely want what I'm having! Kyle Orton is my Doctor and he recommended it to me.

Shake you give koolaid a whole new meaning.....:lol:

honz
09-22-2010, 04:44 PM
How?
By running the ball on them with Moreno, going deep to Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal, controlling the tempo with Neckbeard, dominating the LOS with Clady, Kuper, Jamal Williams, and Justin Bannan, sacking the QB with Moss and Ayers, shutting down their weapons with Cox, Vaughn, and Dawkins, and turning them over with Renaldo Hill and DJ Williams.

Just pure domination.

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
By running the ball on them with Moreno, going deep to Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal, controlling the tempo with Neckbeard, dominating the LOS with Clady, Kuper, Jamal Williams, and Justin Bannan, sacking the QB with Moss and Ayers, shutting down their weapons with Cox, Vaughn, and Dawkins, and turning them over with Renaldo Hill and DJ Williams.

Just pure domination.

Well.. as long as we are being logical about this...

oubronco
09-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Well we heard "We can't beat New England" and we did last year

Now we here "We can't beat Indy" and we can

Go Broncos!!!!

Magnificent Seven
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Broncos have to win the coin toss! Therefore, they can score first!

dogfish
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Well we heard "We can't beat New England"

what dumbass said that?

:lol:

we beat new england all the time. . .

Bosco
09-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Can we? Absolutely.

Will we? Probably unlikely. That said, it's very possible that we lose this game yet I come away very happy with the results.

The Glue Factory
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM

And all we have to do is return it for a TD (and all subsequent KOs.) Indy would NEVER be able to win. :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
It depends. If we play like we did vs the Seahawks, we have a good chance. If we play like we did vs Jax, we have no chance.

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Just pure domination.

That would be nice except Moreno doesn't consistently gain positive yardage, we rarely ever throw deep, Williams and Bannan have been non-factors so far, and Moss, Vaughn, and Hill suck.

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
It depends. If we play like we did vs the Seahawks, we have a good chance. If we play like we did vs Jax, we have no chance.

Wait.. don't you mean that if the Colts can play like the Seahawks we have a good chance??? :confused:

gregbroncs
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I think we can beat anybody....Until we don't.

Go Broncos the Colts are overrated anyway.

BroncoWave
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Based on what exactly? The fact that they win 12 games every season and almost always kick our ass?

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Based on what exactly? The fact that they win 12 games every season and almost always kick our ass?

and just went to the Super Bowl last season.

Nomad
09-22-2010, 07:36 PM
I believe the BRONCOS have a chance to beat the Colts and any other team they play and I have them winning this game in a nailbiter! If I didn't believe they could win then I probably wouldn't bother watching the game!! There are other things I could do!!

WARHORSE
09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't think we're going to beat Indy.

I just think we match up miserably against them.

QB that can pick apart our questionable pas defense? check

pass rusher(s) that can pick apart our questionable oline? check

We don't even have a good enough running game to really control the clock against Indy.

You need to go home and watch Little GIANTS my friend.:salute:

broncophan
09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I believe the BRONCOS have a chance to beat the Colts and any other team they play and I have them winning this game in a nailbiter! If I didn't believe they could win then I probably wouldn't bother watching the game!! There are other things I could do!!

There are other things to do when the broncos are on t.v.??:confused:

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 08:31 PM

Overhyped maybe, but not overrated. Their one glaring weakness, run defense, is well documented and not overlooked. Other than that, they're as solid as they're made out to be.

None that I can think of.

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Overhyped maybe, but not overrated. Their one glaring weakness, run defense, is well documented and not overlooked. Other than that, they're as solid as they're made out to be.

None that I can think of.

They have had this weakness against the run for years now. But when your offense puts up points in a hurry, the other team isn't running very much, for very long.

jhildebrand
09-22-2010, 08:35 PM
the Colts are overrated anyway.

The Broncos Super Bowl teams were overrated too :coffee:

jhildebrand
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM

Or elect to kick and go for the on side :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Or elect to kick and go for the on side :lol:

Yeah... if we win the toss, think McD gives Manning teh ball again? I'm almost betting he does so that its not perceived that he thinks he made a mistake last year :lol:

dogfish
09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah... if we win the toss, think McD gives Manning teh ball again? I'm almost betting he does so that its not perceived that he thinks he made a mistake last year :lol:

actually, somebody asked him in an interview recently, and he did indeed say that he'd defer again. . .

omahacolt
09-22-2010, 09:07 PM
let me clear a few things up for you guys. you seem a bit confused

the colts werent horrible against the run last year. the last 2 games with the backups in skewed the rankings but i believe they were about middle of the pack last year before they decided to sit the starters. horrible decision btw. the texans hit the colts in the mouth. the colts got a wakeup call. i doubt you will be seeing that any more this year.

manning did not throw 3 ints agains the texans. dont know where that even came from. he hasnt thrown an int yet this year

the biggest weakness of the colts is the oline. not the rush d. the broncos wont be able to capitalize on that because their dline isnt very good.

sure the broncos can win the game. i dont see how they will. doesnt seem very possible to me. i have been wrong before though

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Defering > receiving. In any situation.

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
let me clear a few things up for you guys. you seem a bit confused

the colts werent horrible against the run last year. the last 2 games with the backups in skewed the rankings but i believe they were about middle of the pack last year before they decided to sit the starters. horrible decision btw. the texans hit the colts in the mouth. the colts got a wakeup call. i doubt you will be seeing that any more this year.

manning did not throw 3 ints agains the texans. dont know where that even came from. he hasnt thrown an int yet this year

the biggest weakness of the colts is the oline. not the rush d. the broncos wont be able to capitalize on that because their dline isnt very good.

sure the broncos can win the game. i dont see how they will. doesnt seem very possible to me. i have been wrong before though

The only thing I disagree with is that its been pretty well known, across the NFL (maybe not to colt fans), that the Colts run defense has been their weakness. If you can stick with them/keep them from scoring fast... you can run the ball on them.

Now, with the passing attack of Manning and co..... who has the chance to continue to run the ball? Very few, because rarely has manning had multible turnovers.

We absolutely can NOT run on the Colts. We have a TERRIBLE running game without a game-breaking RB on the roster. I think Addai will run the ball down our throats, and then Manning will exploit our complete lack of pass rush.

omahacolt
09-22-2010, 09:35 PM
The only thing I disagree with is that its been pretty well known, across the NFL (maybe not to colt fans), that the Colts run defense has been their weakness. If you can stick with them/keep them from scoring fast... you can run the ball on them.

Now, with the passing attack of Manning and co..... who has the chance to continue to run the ball? Very few, because rarely has manning had multible turnovers.

We absolutely can NOT run on the Colts. We have a TERRIBLE running game without a game-breaking RB on the roster. I think Addai will run the ball down our throats, and then Manning will exploit our complete lack of pass rush.

in the past the colts run d was bad. that is true. but if you look at last year you see a different story.

actually i think the colts sell out to stop the run which leaves the secondary vulnerable. the colts dont have the dline to stop the run. so they sell out for it. and it works. and then the saints complete 58 passes in a row on the secondary.

the colts were terrified of the texans passing attack. which led to the texans killing it on the run. they were asking the safeties to do too much which made them actually do nothing. that is according to tim ryan and pat kirwin on sirius radio. which makes sense. the worst game i have seen bethea play in a long time.

i dont think the broncos have a bad team. i just dont think they will be able to exploit the colts d.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Right now, I think our passing game can probably go toe-to-toe with just about any team in the league, but the question is can our defense force a couple 3 and outs and not let the Colts get out to an insurmountable lead early like last year.

Bottom line, both units have to produce to beat a team like the Colts. Last year, our defense and offense both started out slowly and the Colts jumped out to a big lead early. By the second half when both units woke up and started playing, they had to play perfectly to even have a chance. We crawled back in and made a game of it, but all it took was one score by the Colts to ice the game in the second half and well, we gave up that one score.

TimTebow15MVP
09-22-2010, 10:57 PM
this game will be decided on the DL for denver. we need to get pressure up in manning face. the offense will be able to run the ball and move the ball and get scores. but the defense needs to step up and create a couple turnovers. i think we will beat indy too be honest. not at all afriad of them. i like our chances. mcdaniels knows a thing or two about beating manning

j3phr3y
09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
How?
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

silkamilkamonico
09-23-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't have faith in Addai as a RB. He reminds me of an older version of Knowshon Moreno. He's actually having a pretty good year, but his career is summed up as a multi dimensional threat (like Knowshon) that was so disappointing in the running game that Indy went and drafted another RB in the first round.

Both are very good/productive players in the dual role. Both are above average at best as a running back running the ball, and I do think that's being generous with Knowshon.

Elevation inc
09-23-2010, 03:21 AM
i think we can beat Indy, when though is a different story....haha...j/k

on a real note this is a tough call any optimism i have is tempred by the Mckinley situation, teams respond differently cincy was able to pull a victory out against a weaker squad after the henry incident but washington was smashed after sean taylor incident....

tough week period, probally gonne be the biggest test for this team all year with everything going on. keep in mind though we almost beat Indy in 2006 with plummer lost 34-31 i think at home, so we do have a legit shot.....just to tough to call.....

i probally wont even flinch if we lose with everything that is going on right now...

Nomad
09-23-2010, 07:04 AM

YES! Hunting season is here so I can take my sons out on an evening duck or pheasant hunt (which opens 2 weeks from now) on Sundays, because I like to watch college football on Sat afternoon instead but most of the time if the BRONCOS are on tv I will watch them.....always have especially when I had the Sunday Ticket!!

You know what I mean! If someone comes out and says there is no chance in hell of winning this game, what's the point in watching, JMO?? Every game the BRONCOS play in, they have a chance to win IMO!! Yes, i have watched games where I didn't think they'd win, but I knew there was a chance they could surprise me and come out with a win!!

rcsodak
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
what mistake? Indy has the knack at getting scores right before HT and then getting the ball 1st and scoring again. I think it was a gutsy and smart move. Not sure the problem.....indy will start one of the halves on offense....why not get it over with. Not like you can make them change their gameplan.

rcsodak
09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
YES! Hunting season is here so I can take my sons out on an evening duck or pheasant hunt (which opens 2 weeks from now) on Sundays, because I like to watch college football on Sat afternoon instead but most of the time if the BRONCOS are on tv I will watch them.....always have especially when I had the Sunday Ticket!!

You know what I mean! If someone comes out and says there is no chance in hell of winning this game, what's the point in watching, JMO?? Every game the BRONCOS play in, they have a chance to win IMO!! Yes, i have watched games where I didn't think they'd win, but I knew there was a chance they could surprise me and come out with a win!!
KILLA!

:D

BroncoJoe
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
There aren't many games in Peyton's past where the opposing team held the ball for long drives to keep the Colts offense off the field, only to lose the game. The Colts can score in 3 minutes. Time of possession doesn't matter.

We need to score, and score often. It's going to be a shoot-out.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
what mistake? Indy has the knack at getting scores right before HT and then getting the ball 1st and scoring again. I think it was a gutsy and smart move. Not sure the problem.....indy will start one of the halves on offense....why not get it over with. Not like you can make them change their gameplan.

Its not done, because MOST realize that the last thing you want to do, is give Manning one MORE possession with the ball. Its a mistake.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't have faith in Addai as a RB. He reminds me of an older version of Knowshon Moreno. He's actually having a pretty good year, but his career is summed up as a multi dimensional threat (like Knowshon) that was so disappointing in the running game that Indy went and drafted another RB in the first round.

Both are very good/productive players in the dual role. Both are above average at best as a running back running the ball, and I do think that's being generous with Knowshon.

I agree to a point here, silk. But he seemed to break into his own last year in the playoffs. I was down on him, and saying the same thing about the team drafting a RB to take over his spot. But in the playoffs last season, he absolutely SHOWED, without a doubt, he was the better RB in that backfield (right now). As of right now, so far this year, I think he's shown he's the better RB in the backfield. Maybe the drafting of Brown woke him up, but to me he's shown something, as of late.

TXBRONC
09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Yes it possible for Denver to win no team is invincible. That being said the running game and run defense have to show.

broncofaninfla
09-23-2010, 10:35 AM
It's the NFL so on any given Sunday any team can beat another BUT the odds are against Denver. Manning has flat out owned Denver, with Bailey and Goodman being hurt this game has a chance of getting ugly quick. Add to it the defense has been very passive with little to no pass rush. Denver will have to play much better on defense than they have to date this season and the offense needs to pull off slow methodical time consuming drives to have any chance in this game.
I'm hopefully Denver can pull off the upset but I'd be surprised if they actually did so.

rcsodak
09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Its not done, because MOST realize that the last thing you want to do, is give Manning one MORE possession with the ball. Its a mistake.
how do you figure that "one MORE" POSSESSION? Unless denver holds the ball an entire half, indy is gonna get the ball.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
how do you figure that "one MORE" POSSESSION? Unless denver holds the ball an entire half, indy is gonna get the ball.

You think it was a 'gutsy' move. I think its stupid to CHOOSE to put the ball in Manning's hands. McD felt more confident with our Defense moreso than he did with our offense, but putting the ball in Manning's hands on purpose, is not something I consider "gutsy"... I consider foolish.

Reidman
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Did anyone see how Manning was dropping passes into all his receiver's bread baskets against the Giants?? I just don't think we have the defensive power to subdue this team.

And with Indy's pass rush, I really don't think Orton is going to have a whole lot of time back there. Moreno should have a good game though...

rcsodak
09-23-2010, 01:06 PM
You think it was a 'gutsy' move. I think its stupid to CHOOSE to put the ball in Manning's hands. McD felt more confident with our Defense moreso than he did with our offense, but putting the ball in Manning's hands on purpose, is not something I consider "gutsy"... I consider foolish.

I disagree . Coulda swore, but maybe not, that McD wanted the chance for back2back possessions, wrapped around the half. A chance at an extra scorimg opporunity, vs indy, is anything BUT foolish. Imo

I Eat Staples
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
The only chance you have at getting an extra possession (other than forcing a turnover) is to get the last possession of the first half and the first possession of the second half.

Also, teams don't usually score TDs on their first drive of the game. And if they do, the offense doesn't feel like they're playing far behind, they feel like they haven't had the ball yet and will score once they do. 7-0 in the first quarter isn't as bad as going into halftime down 14-7, a reasonable score, only to have Manning get the ball first in the second half and make it 21-7. That would feel like the game is slipping away.

broncophan
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Did anyone see how Manning was dropping passes into all his receiver's bread baskets against the Giants?? I just don't think we have the defensive power to subdue this team.

And with Indy's pass rush, I really don't think Orton is going to have a whole lot of time back there. Moreno should have a good game though...

Yea....and this game is pretty much going to be nationally televised....so I hope the broncos don't embarrass themselves....as they have done alot of times in the past...

dogfish
09-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Yea....and this game is pretty much going to be nationally televised....so I hope the broncos don't embarrass themselves....as they have done alot of times in the past...

honestly, there's not even any shame in getting killed by the foreheads if we have to start our rookie corners-- everyone who watches the NFL knows you can't win that way. . .

rcsodak
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
My feeling on cb, is if he's gonna have a chance at making his ankle worse, or is a liability, sit him. At 1-2, and a game back in the division with cb healthy is better than the future without him. Imo.

dogfish
09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
My feeling on cb, is if he's gonna have a chance at making his ankle worse, or is a liability, sit him. At 1-2, and a game back in the division with cb healthy is better than the future without him. Imo.

i agree. . . our chances of winning this game are remote even with a healthy bailey and goodman in the lineup. . . i'd rather just take our lumps, it's only one game regardless-- well worth it to get them back at hopefully full strength. . .

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Damn right. I think the Broncos can beat anybody each and every week. It's why my friends and family call me a homer when it comes to this team.

Gonna crush the Colt's on Sunday.

shank
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Damn right. I think the Broncos can beat anybody each and every week. It's why my friends and family call me a homer when it comes to this team.

this

T.K.O.
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
colts are past their prime...broncos are heading into theirs....
broncos 38
colts 28

:elefant::defense::salute:

GEM
09-23-2010, 04:01 PM
The Ticket just stated Harris is out for the game. UGH.

BroncoNut
09-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Hoes, on the Beef and Hoes show predicts a Bronco win in overtime.

Poet
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
You beat Peyton Manning with blitzing. And I mean incredible blitzing. Like what Pittsburgh did to them in 05 or what the Chargers do to them everytime they play Indy.

Last year Miami held onto the ball forever and a day and destroyed Indy in time of possession.

They lost.

You cannot go point for point with Indy. Even if Champ plays his best game ever and blankets whoever he is on, the rest of your secondary would have to do the same if you're going to beat them the coverage route. Granted I've yet to ever see anyone do that.

To beat Indy you need a complete team effort. You will have to be able to move the ball on the ground and through the air. You will have to have a consistent pass rush and still have good secondary play.

Can you run the ball on Indy? Probably. Can you move the ball consistently against them? I'm going to say you get mixed results because of their pass rush. Can your secondary play well against them? Yeah, but I'm giving that edge big time to Indy. I have no faith in your pass rush at all.

I think Colts win by a good margin.

SOCALORADO.
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
You beat Peyton Manning with blitzing. And I mean incredible blitzing. Like what Pittsburgh did to them in 05 or what the Chargers do to them everytime they play Indy.

Last year Miami held onto the ball forever and a day and destroyed Indy in time of possession.

They lost.

You cannot go point for point with Indy. Even if Champ plays his best game ever and blankets whoever he is on, the rest of your secondary would have to do the same if you're going to beat them the coverage route. Granted I've yet to ever see anyone do that.

To beat Indy you need a complete team effort. You will have to be able to move the ball on the ground and through the air. You will have to have a consistent pass rush and still have good secondary play.

Can you run the ball on Indy? Probably. Can you move the ball consistently against them? I'm going to say you get mixed results because of their pass rush. Can your secondary play well against them? Yeah, but I'm giving that edge big time to Indy. I have no faith in your pass rush at all.

THIS.

I have watched many a game where the sparklers beat INDY, and its cause their defense absolutely destroys the INDY O-line and attacks Manning.
Thats it. Thats the only way. Relentless attack of Manning.

slim
09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
THIS.

I have watched many a game where the sparklers beat INDY, and its cause their defense absolutely destroys the INDY O-line and attacks Manning.
Thats it. Thats the only way. Relentless attack of Manning.

We couldn't attack Hasselback and he had Polumbus and Hamilton as the starting left side of his OL.

Peyton's uniform won't even get dirty.

I Eat Staples
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM

That doesn't make you a better fan than the logical Broncos fans.

MileHighCrew
09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I can't pick the Broncos to lose, never have. I have a better feeling about some games than others but I just can't pick them to lose

atwater27
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Denver loses 41 to 27.

Day1BroncoFan
09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Broncos FTW!!! :elefant:

atwater27
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Reality in this thread is like a straight male at a lady GAGA concert.

Day1BroncoFan
09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Reality in this thread is like a straight male at a lady GAGA concert.

Tell me it wasn't you...

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-23-2010, 08:12 PM

Uh, where did I say it did? I was just pointing out that I'm a Broncos homer... how you twisted my words into thinking that they meant what you insinuated is beyond me.

Buff
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM

I didn't see where he claimed to be any better than anyone else. Did I miss something?

I Eat Staples
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Uh, where did I say it did? I was just pointing out that I'm a Broncos homer... how you twisted my words into thinking that they meant what you insinuated is beyond me.

I didn't see where he claimed to be any better than anyone else. Did I miss something?

I never said he said it. I just made that statement. In my opinion, admitting you have no sense of realism doesn't make you look good.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

They lost.

I think Manning's rating against the blitz is in the 140s+, blitzing will get us killed.

you have to get pressure from your front four so that the rest is able to "delay" the pass just long enough for those front to get pressure. You blitz, you leave something open that Manning hits quickly and sometimes for BIG yardage.

But I'm in complete agreement with you on EVERYTHING else. We will have plays. We'll have a long drive... maybe two. But our pass rush is non-existent. Manning may be able to play this one without wearing a helmet :lol:

Buff
09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
I never said he said it. I just made that statement. In my opinion, admitting you have no sense of realism doesn't make you look good.

Any given Sunday.

I Eat Staples
09-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Any given Sunday.

Agreed. But he said we're going to crush the Colts. Saying we have a chance is certainly realistic. Saying we're going to blow out a team that's much better than us is simply unrealistic.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, predicted 27-17 in the pick 'em thread, so take what you want from that.

My 3 sports teams have given me more than enough heartbreak over the past few years, it's time for me to become an eternal optimist again. You can use your heart or your head, I use my heart but it doesn't mean that I actually ignore reality and believe that what I predict is always going to be the most likely outcome.

Part of being a sports fan.

I Eat Staples
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, predicted 27-17 in the pick 'em thread, so take what you want from that.

My 3 sports teams have given me more than enough heartbreak over the past few years, it's time for me to become an eternal optimist again. You can use your heart or your head, I use my heart but it doesn't mean that I actually ignore reality and believe that what I predict is always going to be the most likely outcome.

Part of being a sports fan.

In the post I originally quoted, you said we'd crush the Colts.

A prediction is stating what you believe will happen. If you predict something that you don't think will come true, you're not predicting, but wishing.

BroncoWave
09-23-2010, 09:26 PM

Nor does having almost nothing negative to say about the team you claim to be a fan of. Where is the fun in being a sports fan if you are just going to be negative and pessimistic all the time?

gregbroncs
09-23-2010, 09:54 PM

LOL. No, just because I want them to be so that the Broncos can win this time. :)

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
In the post I originally quoted, you said we'd crush the Colts.

A prediction is stating what you believe will happen. If you predict something that you don't think will come true, you're not predicting, but wishing.

This is getting a little ridiculous now, making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nor does having almost nothing negative to say about the team you claim to be a fan of. Where is the fun in being a sports fan if you are just going to be negative and pessimistic all the time?

Thank you, great post. That should be the end of it.

Magnificent Seven
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Simply three words! Orton to Thomas! Broncos will be fine!

Medford Bronco
09-23-2010, 11:00 PM
I think if Denver can hold the ball and shred that bad Indy defense we have a shot.

Is Maroney healthy? He might be a good option this week

rcsodak
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Andre Brown breakout game. 150+yds. 2td's. You saw it here first. :D

Tned
09-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Andre Brown breakout game. 150+yds. 2td's. You saw it here first. :D

I read someplace that he will make everyone forget about PH... ;)

Grover
09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Who is PH..., I forget?

rcsodak
09-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I read someplace that he will make everyone forget about PH... ;)
smart poster! :D

Tned
09-24-2010, 09:20 AM
smart poster! :D

Was there ever any doubt... :lol:

rcsodak
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Was there ever any doubt... :lol:
Not in my eyes. :D

T.K.O.
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
why would we forget about paul harvey ? can you give us the "rest of the story" ?

booooo hsssssssssss
dont quit your day job,tko
get off the stage.........
that should cover it

BroncoAV06
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
First time in a long time I actually am expecting a loss.

rcsodak
09-24-2010, 12:59 PM
that just improved the odds of winning, then. :D

Day1BroncoFan
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Expect the unexpected. :elefant:

omahacolt
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
i am actually surprised about all the people actually picking the broncos to win this game. do you guys do this every week? what a sad thing if this happens every week

Dzone
09-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey, come on, we have home field advantage...the thin air will totally demoralize the baltimore colts

I Eat Staples
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM

The first negative should read positive, but anyway, the fun is watching the games and rooting for your team to win. It's not realistic to expect a win every week, especially against the best teams in the league. I'm perfectly happy expecting a loss and being pleasantly surprised if we pull off a win.

Dzone
09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Win, and it could be the start of something big in Denver...lose bad and it could be a dark day in bronco history..This is an important game, no doubt

red98
09-25-2010, 07:19 PM
NO! We can't beat the Colts, not if they play the way they are capable of. To win the Broncos must get physical and nasty with the Colts. On all sides of the ball. We must force the Colts to beat themselves (hat tip Claymore).

We win if we can play smart and lure the Colts into mistakes.

horsepig
09-26-2010, 01:10 AM
i am actually surprised about all the people actually picking the broncos to win this game. do you guys do this every week? what a sad thing if this happens every week

Wait until Peyton leaves, then tell us about great expectations.