PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Sign DIyral Briggs to practice squad

Italianmobstr7
09-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Cleveland Browns too Titus Brown off our our practice squad, we signed Diyral Briggs to ours. So we promoted Andre Brown, lost Titus Brown and now we still have 1 slot open on the practice squad. I hope we put Ball there.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/9/21/1703044/broncos-sign-lb-diyral-briggs-to

Diyral Briggs, 24, is now a member of the Denver Broncos' practice squad.

Briggs was most recently with the San Francisco 49ers, where he was signed as an undrafted free agent out of Bowling Green in 2009.

Briggs is a very athletic linebacker, and from what I'm hearing is more of a hybrid outside linebacker than an inside linebacker.

From what 49ers fans are saying over at Niners Nation, this was a good move by the Broncos, who apparently got a guy with loads of talent and potential. Bottom line--the 49ers are an extremely deep team at the linebacker position, and while Briggs was a good insurance policy for them, the Denver Broncos are starving for a pass rush. Here's a bit from a post over at Niners Nation earlier this offseason:

He's doing whatever it takes to make the roster. Last year, he looked good in the preseason rushing the passer. He had some good moves, and that was to be expected, as Bowling Green's leading player in quarterback sacks. The problem though, he was just too small and was very situational. There was no place for him on the roster. That, of course, changed and he was elevated from the practice squad late in the season, and played in a few games.

Cue the offseason, and cue some very hard rook from the guy. He put on weight, and put on some muscle. Enough muscle, in fact, to play at defensive end for a good portion of the second half against the Colts. I would never have guessed he would/should be playing a defensive end position if you'd have asked me last season. I'd have told you to jog on or something else delightfully British like that.

By the sounds of it, this guy was coming on in San Francisco like Matt Willis did in Denver. Apparently, the guys at Niners Nation were calling for him to start over Ahmad Brooks at one point this pre-season.

Obviously, that didn't happen, but you can bet this guy will get a good look from the Broncos, who desperately need someone to provide a spark in the pass rush department. I would not be the least bit surprised to see him promoted within the next couple of weeks when Ryan Harris is healthy, and one of Chris Cook or D'Anthony Batiste waived.

CrazyHorse
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Any relation to Lance Briggs?

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Cleveland Browns too Titus Brown off our our practice squad, we signed Diyral Briggs to ours. So we promoted Andre Brown, lost Titus Brown and now we still have 1 slot open on the practice squad. I hope we put Ball there.

Dang....I thought Andre Brown got cut when they brought in Maroney? :confused:

Good deal! Sirius guys think he could be something special.

bcbronc
09-22-2010, 01:30 AM
an athletic LB liked by San Fran? what's not to like.

sneakers
09-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Yay!

Elevation inc
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
good stuff, i was happy with this news.......

rcsodak
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
need a player named stratton and then lookout!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

pnbronco
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM
good...glad to hear this is a positive move...

Lonestar
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I look forward to the day that teams pick up out scraps instead of trying to fill holes from other teams leftovers.

Players that are not good enough to make a bottom. Dweller.

Lonestar
09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
That should read OUR scraps.

In mobile mode I can't edit posts.