PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Packer fans already rubbing it in that Favre broke Elway's record.

sneakers
09-17-2007, 03:55 AM
I have already had it. So what if Favre has 149 career wins, he has had 1 more year in the league, and what if you include playoff games? Still they will not listen.

Maybe I should start telling them that he is only 2 behind Blanda in career interceptions thrown. Favre has 238!!!! :eek:

sneakers
09-17-2007, 04:00 AM
Can one of the Mods move this to the proper forum...apparently I can't read.

underrated29
09-17-2007, 11:55 AM
thats the only reason why i think he is playing still- is to break some records

personally i feel if elway would have stuck it out another year brett wouldnt stand a chance

NameUsedBefore
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, that kinda makes me mad but records are meant to be broken. What REALLY makes me mad is Ron Jaworski's "best QBs ever list" that had Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady ahead of Elway, and not only that, no mention of Marino whatsoever.

underrated29
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Come on U29, you have to have some facts before you post stuff like that. Elway played until he was 38 years old and Favre is 37, so how can you say Favre is after the records when Elway played until he was a year older then Favre is now. I think Favre was happy with the 4 straight wins to close out the season and decided to come beack becasue he knew this team could win. U29 thir 2-0 right now so if he can still play he should, and i think it is hypocritical to say Favre is only playing for the records when Elway played until he was a year older then Favre is now. He came back because he saw the dedication and talent around him (the packers are the youngest team in the league) and wants to go out with a title just as Elway did.

ok,

and i could be wrong on this, but i think brett has been in the league longer, elway might be older, but look at selvin young, he is a rookie at 24 yrs and omobi okoye is a rookie at like 19 yrs. selvin might be older but both have the same amount of time for playing.

on the other hand (and like i said i'm not sure) brett has 1 more year under his belt to crack some records. Nothing against brett either as he is a great qb and has done some amazing things. It just seems to me that the pack are a new pack, a younger pack and as bad as it sounds would be better off without him (for long term value that is). obviously if he keeps throwing like 5tds he and they made the right choice

but before the season started, a lot of opinions were they were going to suck, and i thought brett thought that as well, with all of his media sayings. so when i look at it he came back (when they didnt know or didnt look so good) to chase some records.

underrated29
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
So U29 I gave you the numbers, ages and answered everything you said and i though you would realize this or at least look at the stats and records first.

AHA, so i was wrong. like i said, i wasnt sure. I thought brett played one year more.

i broke my computer, and so the only one i get to use is the one at work, and it is so crappy that it only pulls up like 3 websites, this one-profootballweekly, and craigslist. so i cant go look up stats or anything, this computer just wont load it. so i have to try and go off of memory or what i thought i heard/read somewhere.

although i do have to tell you that i think rodgers is the real deal and many will be surprised when brett hangs em up. I dont think he will dominate from the get go, but compared to a smith, and the rest of his class, he will be the best.

-all my opinion of course. And as much as a greenbay fan i am not, i am really pulling for him when his time comes.