PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are 6 point underdogs against the Colts

broncofaninfla
09-21-2010, 10:53 AM
FYI, for those who follow, Indi is a 6 point favorite, over/under is 48.

Lonestar
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Which means the normall 3 point home advantage really makes them a 9 point underdog.

Which considering how banged up we are about right. I think 48 is low.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MileHighCrew
09-21-2010, 11:47 AM
6 points given our history against Manning..... thanks for the compliment.

LordTrychon
09-21-2010, 11:49 AM
That's pretty generous...

Nomad
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Do you and Fred/Dr.V have the boxing gloves ready!!:D

LordTrychon
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Do you and Fred/Dr.V have the boxing gloves ready!!:D

She's excited that we're playing.

I'm not.

Go figure.

:tsk:

claymore
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
She's excited that we're playing.

I'm not.

Go figure.

:tsk:

If a miracle happens and we somehow win, you need to really rub it in while you got a chance.

LordTrychon
09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
If a miracle happens and we somehow win, you need to really rub it in while you got a chance.

Hahahahaa....

Dude...

She knows where I sleep. Have you met this woman?

claymore
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Hahahahaa....

Dude...

She knows where I sleep. Have you met this woman?

Horses before Hoes. (Broncso come first).

CrazyHorse
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't wait to beat the Colts.

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
We're going to have to show this bozo's how wrong they all are. :nod:

slim
09-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I would lay the six.

But then I am no hoes.

dogfish
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
6 points given our history against Manning..... thanks for the compliment.

i'm pretty sure that must have been a typo-- i think the actual spread is 16. . .

broncophan
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
FYI, for those who follow, Indi is a 6 point favorite, over/under is 48.

is that 48 for just the colts....or both teams combined??

:D

DenBronx
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I think this game could get real ugly real fast. We have zero QB pressure. WINK is showing no signs of putting pressure on the QB and we just don't have anyone making an impact in the OLB, DE positions.

If Manning is going to have all day to throw then there's going to be all kinds of points scored. That will take the sails out of the crowd and then we're really doomed. Doomed by Dume not being on the field.

With out being biased.

Colts 34
Broncos 21

Traveler
09-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Colts lose WR Anthony Gonzalez for 4-6 weeks

Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez will be sidelined 4-6 weeks with his high right ankle sprain.

"I obviously hope to be on the short end of that," Gonzalez said. "... The doctors and trainers tell me I'm ahead of schedule." If he's out four weeks, Gonzalez could return in Week 6. The Colts have a Week 7 bye, though, so Week 8 might be more likely. Either way, he can be dropped in all leagues.

Sep. 21 - 11:10 am et

Source: Indianapolis Star

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=182835

DenBronx
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm more worried about Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, Brown and Addai then Gonzalez. Garcon and Collie beat out Gonzalez along time ago and Anthony was crying about it a couple of weeks ago. Collie lead the NFL in WR fantasy points, Wayne is always a threat...always! And Clark is outright scary.

Then there's that Freeney/Mathis combo that is putting insane pressure on QB's this year.

Not looking good. We're going to need some mile high magic in this one.

Nomad
09-21-2010, 01:46 PM
It's Dallas Clark who has always hurt us, at least that's what I remember!! But BRONCOS win in a nailbiter 29-27!! Get the defibrillators out!!:D

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Here's to manning having the worst day of his career!
:tea:

Northman
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I wonder how much the Colts were favored over the Giants.

I Eat Staples
09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Just 6 points?

TXBRONC
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
It's not surprising they're favored to beat us.

slim
09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
It's Dallas Clark who has always hurt us, at least that's what I remember!! But BRONCOS win in a nailbiter 29-27!! Get the defibrillators out!!:D

I think it has been mostly been Reggie Wayne. He absolutely abused Roc Alexander one year and Darrent Williams the next.

Nomad
09-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I think it has been mostly been Reggie Wayne. He absolutely abused Roc Alexander one year and Darrent Williams the next.

Yeah, I remember that!

BORDERLINE
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM

always..this dallas clark guy is the best at what he does....maybe it's cuz manning serves him the football on a silver plater , but some of his one handed over the shoulder catches for 30 yards down the middle are nuts...he needs a B.Dawk bruise in his grill to stop that on sunday:defense:

broncophan
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
when you have Peyton Manning throwing ....all the receivers hurt us....

Northman
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
It certainly helps to touch the receiver when he's down thats for sure.

TXBRONC
09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
The Colts can be beat but in order to do that you can waste scoring opportunities and you have keep Manning off the field.

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Sometimes keeping Manning off the field doesn't work either, just ask Miami about last year.

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 02:51 PM
PM will attack the weakest link. In this case, if no CB, he'll have a field day. With CB, he can still live on the rest. ugh

I Eat Staples
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
It's not surprising they're favored to beat us.

It's surprising they're only favored by 6.

WARHORSE
09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I think this game could get real ugly real fast. We have zero QB pressure. WINK is showing no signs of putting pressure on the QB and we just don't have anyone making an impact in the OLB, DE positions.

If Manning is going to have all day to throw then there's going to be all kinds of points scored. That will take the sails out of the crowd and then we're really doomed. Doomed by Dume not being on the field.

With out being biased.

Colts 34
Broncos 21

Man are you lost.

Wink is going to unleash our secret weapon this week.

Tim Tebow will be starting at outside LBer.

This guy is a BEAST.

You should see him play. :salute::salute::salute:

Peyton Manning is TOAST.

Mike
09-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I am not looking forward to what Manning does to the Denver defense with Clark and Garcon.

I hope Denver and the fans enjoy this last week. I think wins will be hard to come by over the next 6 games.

TXBRONC
It's surprising they're only favored by 6.

I don't think it is given recent history.

I Eat Staples
Man are you lost.

This guy is a BEAST.

Peyton Manning is TOAST.

Excellent foresight, we should be discussing what position Tebow ends up at when QB inevitably fails him. I say FB.

Or, he could stay true to being a QB and have a Mike McMahon-like career.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Excellent foresight, we should be discussing what position Tebow ends up at when QB inevitably fails him. I say FB.

Or, he could stay true to being a QB and have a Mike McMahon-like career.

way too tall for a FB. His size, he needs to be a TE or Hback.... put him at safety and teach him to tackle.

broncophan
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I am not looking forward to what Manning does to the Denver defense with Clark and Garcon.

I hope Denver and the fans enjoy this last week. I think wins will be hard to come by over the next 6 games.

sad but true.....If the broncos go 3-3 over the next 6 games....I would be very happy.....and very surprised....

sanluis
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
6 point dog at home??? I think you guys might cover that. Dawkins and Champ could gets some more picks and turn this game upside down. Home crowd goes crazy and we see another sea-chicken game. I was surprised how well Denver did against Seattle. Orton plays well and the rookie WR keeps on like last week and Denver is a scary team. Just saying... :listen:

FanInAZ
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Which means the normall 3 point home advantage really makes them a 9 point underdog.

Which considering how banged up we are about right. I think 48 is low.

If our D doesn't play them a lot better then they have over the past 5 years, 48 could be then number of points that the Colts score.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
It's okay. Indy doesn't have a guy that can cover Bay Bay...

Gonna be a SHOOTOUT!!!

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Man are you lost.

This guy is a BEAST.

Peyton Manning is TOAST.

Not that the Tebow jokes were Ever funny, but...... :coffee:

sneakers
09-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Sometimes keeping Manning off the field doesn't work either, just ask Miami about last year.

I wonder if punching Manning repeatedly in the balls works?

EastCoastBronco
09-22-2010, 07:59 AM
My 2 biggest worries are Mathis and Freeney.
With our non-existent pass rush it's pretty much a given that Pey-Pey and company are going to hang points on us. The real question is whether we can slow down Mathis and Freeney and keep up with them...

Thnikkaman
09-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Here's to manning having the worst day of his career!
:tea:

Someone going to get through their o-line and make Manning look like Joe Theismann getting hit by Lawrence Taylor?

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I wonder if punching Manning repeatedly in the balls works?

It may help if they don't get caught and penalized.

Someone going to get through their o-line and make Manning look like Joe Theismann getting hit by Lawrence Taylor?

Let us hope for this. :nod:

I Eat Staples
09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
way too tall for a FB. His size, he needs to be a TE or Hback.... put him at safety and teach him to tackle.

He's not athletic enough for HB but if he learns to catch he could be a decent TE.

Not that the Tebow jokes were Ever funny, but...... :coffee:

:coffee:

Ravage!!!
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
He's not athletic enough for HB but if he learns to catch he could be a decent TE.

Hmmmm.... athletic enough to be a starting QB but not athletic enough to be an H-back?? I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

Generally speaking, QBs have really good hands since they handle the ball on every snap. That constant training the hands of the "feel" of the ball makes for good catching ability.

LordTrychon
09-24-2010, 06:26 PM
"And how would you beat him?"

"With a stick. While he slept. But on a field? With a defense? The man is unbeatable."

DenBronx
09-24-2010, 07:46 PM

Not athletic enough to have the most rushing touchdowns in college history?

What so called athletic HB has more rushing TD's than Tebow?

Thnikkaman
09-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm surprised the line hasn't changed with the announcement about KnoMo