PDA

View Full Version : My lil Kenny McKinley tribute...

BroncoBJ
09-21-2010, 06:48 AM
I made a tribute to him and just figured I'd share for anyone whos interested. I know most people dont agree with suicide and I don't either. But still sad when someone dies reguardless. But suicide is not a way to go out imo. Wish he would have got help or something. I feel bad for his family.

But heres a tribute I made. If you don't want to hear me babble then just skip to the 10:20 second mark. Because I guess I talked for a long time. I'm a babbler.

I used the gamecock highlights that they have of him on youtube. And then the press conference and Bronco highlights of him I got straight from the denver broncos home page. Really didn't edit much. Just threw that song in there. Was tired and lazy tonight. But figured I'd put something out there on youtube for people. With a mix of his college and NFL plays.

RIP to someone just a year older then me:

qTMdoUegfMk

GEM
09-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Seeing that and then what Carol said in the other thread about being THE guy in college and then going to the NFL and having trouble just made me really think about what that has to be like for a guy.

You go through midget football and you have these kids that are spectacular and they are nurtured through high school, where in that little spot, they are a superstar. Then you go on to college and you're still huge, surrounded by some other talent, and then you get to the NFL and it just may not be on the level of what you're used to. What a let down. For some, football has been everything they've known, and then what?

Very sad to think about.

Good tribute, BJ. Thanks for that.

BroncoBJ
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Seeing that and then what Carol said in the other thread about being THE guy in college and then going to the NFL and having trouble just made me really think about what that has to be like for a guy.

You go through midget football and you have these kids that are spectacular and they are nurtured through high school, where in that little spot, they are a superstar. Then you go on to college and you're still huge, surrounded by some other talent, and then you get to the NFL and it just may not be on the level of what you're used to. What a let down. For some, football has been everything they've known, and then what?

Very sad to think about.

Good tribute, BJ. Thanks for that.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it :salute:

But I still hope it wasn't suicide and maybe something else. I just feel like there is more to it then that. But who knows. Sucks to be depressed like he was then. Wish he would have got help. But a lot of people don't make the NFL. And a lot of people were stars in college and don't pan out in the NFL. Maybe he was just weak minded. Not real sure. But just crazy how we have death after death it seems.