PDA

View Full Version : arapaho's take on the game

arapaho2
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
in a word..SOLID! some issues but probebly the best well rounded game i've seen from the mcd broncos

orton...played very well again...took the short stuff and looked for the long stuff without being afraid to pull the trigger.. great day..impressive

running game...other than a couple goal line tds...it was pathetic..as much as orton impressed..moreno disapoints... sure he had a decent run, had a great rec and run...but 24 carries for 51 yards???..2.1 ypc is pathetic for a starting tailback...no excuses... it sucks!

if these rbs cannot get moving... it will come back to bite us big time this season at some point

wrs...royal...stud...D thomas..stud..WOW!!...Lloyd..solid...gaff..just ok...
hands down a solid group only going to get better

playcalling.... solid!! kept mixing it up despite the horrid run game...long ball..intermediate..short..again solid!!

special teams...where?...all that needs to be said

defense...do we miss nolan?, i do...wheres the attacking defense...sure we got a couple ints...but that was more on hasslebacks bad throws and a good defensive play, than an overwhelming defense. jwall and bannon were supposed to fix the line...they havent, they get pushed aside like rag dolls, cannot collapse the pocket and cannot hold the line and get off the blocks.
last year with supposedly lessor talent we were #1 or #2 in all defensive catagories at this time (yes two games isnt a true model) but this year?

20th overall
19th in scoreing
22nd against the run...a huge drop all the way around without nolan despite better talent

hows nolans phins?
6th overall
2nd in scoreing (thats without the saints playing game two yet)
12th in rush defense

if this holds true through the season it could a huge mistake of mcds letting nolan walk

week two thoughts

Northman
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Yea, im still miffed about Nolan. But, McD believes in Winky Dinky so you live and learn. Sometimes the hard way.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I enjoyed the game.. but its always easy when you are clobbering another team :D Haven't seen that in a while.

Orton had a great game, but our running game is unbelievably lackluster.

honz
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I just wish I was important enough to have a thread dedicated to my take on the game. Gosh darnit!

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I just wish I was important enough to have a thread dedicated to my take on the game. Gosh darnit!

You're lucky we even let you even respond to threads! :lol:

T.K.O.
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
you can almost feel the ice melting in this thread:grouphug::kiss:

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
you can almost feel the ice melting in this thread:grouphug::kiss:

Just wait until we lose again and things will be as frozen as ever.

T.K.O.
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Just wait until we lose again and things will be as frozen as ever.

i hope we don't lose again until things are frozen !:laugh:

arapaho2
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Yea, im still miffed about Nolan. But, McD believes in Winky Dinky so you live and learn. Sometimes the hard way.

yeah im flipped on my take....i went into the season fairly certain with the additions of supposedly better talent the defense wouldnt suffer to much without nolan, but that the offense might struggle

totaly opposit..the offense is looking up..the defense is almost at a slowick level...which aint good

hopefully it gels

arapaho2
09-20-2010, 05:44 PM
I enjoyed the game.. but its always easy when you are clobbering another team :D Haven't seen that in a while.

Orton had a great game, but our running game is unbelievably lackluster.

2.1 per carry for the team....aint good by any stretch

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
more like the 2nd preseason game for the rb's. KM still getting winded. Still have a makeshift Oline. Game 4 or 5 and then we can judge hopefully. And miami already had a good D. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

claymore
09-21-2010, 11:06 AM
more like the 2nd preseason game for the rb's. KM still getting winded. Still have a makeshift Oline. Game 4 or 5 and then we can judge hopefully. And miami already had a good D. :coffee:

THey were ranked 15 slots below us last year (#22 we were #7). So no they di'int.

arapaho2
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM

miamis defense was ranked 22nd total defense and 25th in scoreing defense in 09

they are ranked 5th in total defense...1st in scoreing today with nolan

heres a little reality check

in 08 we were 29th in total def...31st in scoreing defense

add nolan...were were 7th in total defense 12th in scoreing

subtract nolan and we're 19th total d..18th in scoreing

see any similarities between the broncos and the fins

TXBRONC
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
in a word..SOLID! some issues but probebly the best well rounded game i've seen from the mcd broncos

orton...played very well again...took the short stuff and looked for the long stuff without being afraid to pull the trigger.. great day..impressive

running game...other than a couple goal line tds...it was pathetic..as much as orton impressed..moreno disapoints... sure he had a decent run, had a great rec and run...but 24 carries for 51 yards???..2.1 ypc is pathetic for a starting tailback...no excuses... it sucks!

if these rbs cannot get moving... it will come back to bite us big time this season at some point

wrs...royal...stud...D thomas..stud..WOW!!...Lloyd..solid...gaff..just ok...
hands down a solid group only going to get better

playcalling.... solid!! kept mixing it up despite the horrid run game...long ball..intermediate..short..again solid!!

special teams...where?...all that needs to be said

defense...do we miss nolan?, i do...wheres the attacking defense...sure we got a couple ints...but that was more on hasslebacks bad throws and a good defensive play, than an overwhelming defense. jwall and bannon were supposed to fix the line...they havent, they get pushed aside like rag dolls, cannot collapse the pocket and cannot hold the line and get off the blocks.
last year with supposedly lessor talent we were #1 or #2 in all defensive catagories at this time (yes two games isnt a true model) but this year?

20th overall
19th in scoreing
22nd against the run...a huge drop all the way around without nolan despite better talent

hows nolans phins?
6th overall
2nd in scoreing (thats without the saints playing game two yet)
12th in rush defense

if this holds true through the season it could a huge mistake of mcds letting nolan walk

week two thoughts

Right now I don't think the problem is with Martindale's scheme or play calling but more with personnel.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Right now I don't think the problem is with Martindale's scheme or play calling but more with personnel.

Maybe... but I think we had less talent on the TEAM (couldn't resist) last year than we do this.... Doom or no Doom.

arapaho2
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe... but I think we had less talent on the TEAM (couldn't resist) last year than we do this.... Doom or no Doom.

how many guys starting last year are not even in the league anymore...and for most of them still here it was the first year in a 3-4

Ravage!!!
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
how many guys starting last year are not even in the league anymore...and for most of them still here it was the first year in a 3-4

Not to mention all the additions (upgrades) we made at DL this offseason compared to last offseason.

rcsodak
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
THey were ranked 15 slots below us last year (#22 we were #7). So no they di'int.

So you're saying you would rather have had Denver's D over Miami's the last 5+ weeks? Miami was better at stopping the run. (14th vs 24th)

This is where stats are misleading, clay. I don't remember Miami giving up any 200+yd games on the ground. I'd rather the team get better as the year progresses...not visa versa.

But hey...that's how I roll. :D

arapaho2
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
So you're saying you would rather have had Denver's D over Miami's the last 5+ weeks? Miami was better at stopping the run. (14th vs 24th)

This is where stats are misleading, clay. I don't remember Miami giving up any 200+yd games on the ground. I'd rather the team get better as the year progresses...not visa versa.

whats misleading is cherry picking games as proof ....around here in grownup land we use all games played...for 09 we use the full 16 games

if you wanna be ROD and use the freak game adjustment clause...then continue

so i guess we can cherry pick the horrible offensive games as proof too?

and what we are saying is we would rather have the 7th overall defense for a 16 game season than the 22nd...a season is 16 games not the last four

jhildebrand
09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Not to mention "as bad as the D was" the last few weeks of the season last year, they still improved year over year in the run D category.

I will take improvements over declines every time.

arapaho2
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Not to mention "as bad as the D was" the last few weeks of the season last year, they still improved year over year in the run D category.

I will take improvements over declines every time.

yeah...its rediculous for him to justify how bad the defense was based on the last few games and totaly forget how awesome the defense was the first 6 games

arapaho2
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I'd rather the team get better as the year progresses...not visa versa.

we could also say we'd like to see our qbs play get better as the year progresses..not worse as ours did last season