DenBronx
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
97 yards and 1 TD.

Can't wait to see more! :beer:

jhildebrand
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
97 yards and 1 TD.

Im definitely excited. The kid looks like a STUD! He is fast too. Now if we can work Decker in we are going to be solid there for a while.

gobroncsnv
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Sorry I missed this a minute ago, will delete mine.

Yeah, feels pretty good to have a rookie WR make a splash. Would be really cool to see his stats look like this for each game the rest of the season.

camdisco24
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I was stoked to see him play today. Looks like that foot is healed too. (fingers crossed)
He looked very comfortable out there and this game will hopefully be a big confidence booster for him.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Im definitely excited. The kid looks like a STUD! He is fast too. Now if we can work Decker in we are going to be solid there for a while.

Llyod has some incredible hands and runs a good route.
Royal is looking awesome in the slot and when he turns on the jets lookout!
Thomas seems alot like an Andre Johnson clone. He is fast and attacks the ball at it's highest point.
Decker is also a very solid option with sure hands.

Gaffney is...ok I guess. lol I was never really high on him and I'd hate to see Decker or Thomas on the bench because of him. A good 4th or 5th option though.

Our WR core is stout none the less. The two WR's that have the most game breaking ability though are Royal and Thomas.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Sorry I missed this a minute ago, will delete mine.

Yeah, feels pretty good to have a rookie WR make a splash. Would be really cool to see his stats look like this for each game the rest of the season.

It's ok maybe we can just get them merged together somehow.

gobroncsnv
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
But I'm ok with having Gaff's in there with some experience... A steadying hand. Decker will be good for getting some "gotta have it" yards.
And regarding just the passing game in general, Graham once again caught the ball thrown to him. The man can catch when you toss it his way.
All that said, you're right, we do have some decent options, extras, and great role players who could do well in their own right, but these guys fit together pretty well. A good group that will grow together as the season plugs along, and something to build upon.

camdisco24
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Gaffney is a good receiver, but he's not great. He wont make big mistakes, but he's not really a big play maker either... DT on the other hand looks like he has the potential to be a big player maker... But one game can be a fluke so I'm excited to see how he does next week!

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
97 yards and 1 TD.

We may have gotten the steal of the draft with him, decker and Cox
I agree but as the year progresses You will see the running game be an after thought with all the passining options available. Someone will always have a hot hand and be able to get open.

With the RBs being there as a threat and catching passes out of the backfield.

This might be a great year afterall if our oline mellows.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
But I'm ok with having Gaff's in there with some experience... A steadying hand. Decker will be good for getting some "gotta have it" yards.
And regarding just the passing game in general, Graham once again caught the ball thrown to him. The man can catch when you toss it his way.
All that said, you're right, we do have some decent options, extras, and great role players who could do well in their own right, but these guys fit together pretty well. A good group that will grow together as the season plugs along, and something to build upon.

They deffinitely seem to really support each other. Almost the whole team ran down to congratulate Thomas on his touchdown.

I love the comradery that is on display.

Even some bright spots on defense with all the turnovers and the pick by Cox.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I agree but as the year progresses You will see the running game be an after thought with all the passining options available. Someone will always have a hot hand and be able to get open.

How nice would it be to at least get a wild card Jrwiz?

I mean the Jets don't really look all that impressive and the Colts got blown out by the Texans. We might be able to squeek out a couple of games here in the next few weeks. The second half of the season isn't as bad.

Our true test lies ahead.

Tned
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM

Hard to call Thomas a steal, when he was picked in front of Dez Bryant. Being a first round WR taken a few picks ahead of the WR most considered the best in the draft, Thomas is expected to be a big time producer to justify the pick.

However, I think we are going to get rewarded big time for taking Cox, after his stock fell over that Cotton Bowl curfew mess.

Decker is hard to say. In TC, he looked like he could be a really big cog in the offense, but it's going to take time. As he isn't a fast guy, we have to see how he fits. I could easily see Thomas, Decker and Royal being a great trio for years to come.

I'm still not ready to label Lloyd a stud, as some are doing, as he's shown flashes in the past with other teams. Making spectacular catches, but not being consistent.

The line is in shambles right now, with guys coming off injuries, guys having new injuries and rookies/first time starters. While they are struggling to open holes in the running game, they are doing a pretty admirable job in pass protection considering the make shift nature of the line right now.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Let me add we seem to have POTENTIAL playmakers that DC will have to plan against. I should have said GAMEBREAKERs but that would over stating it a tad.

We have a lot of really solid options that should give DC nightmares trying to shut them down.

I'd like to think of them as the little dutch boy with all of his fingers in the DIKE. With four or five leaks springing up.

I only got to see most of the second half and I'm excited with the direction we are going.

honz
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
As long as Decker isn't covering kicks, it's all good.

Northman
09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Great debut no doubt. Cant wait until Decker gets into the fold.

MasterShake
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Just got back from the game and a little post game festivities. Thomas looked incredible, as did the rest of the receivers. On every play at least one of the was getting separation, and that showed with the out of this world 3rd down conversion rate. If anything, the passing game is going to be fun to watch this year!

honz
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Let me add we seem to have POTENTIAL playmakers that DC will have to plan against. I should have said GAMEBREAKERs but that would over stating it a tad.

We have a lot of really solid options that should give DC nightmares trying to shut them down.

I'd like to think of them as the little dutch boy with all of his fingers in the DIKE. With four or five leaks springing up.

I only got to see most of the second half and I'm excited with the direction we are going.
No need to bring Shanny into this... :whoknows:

:cool:

Northman
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Just got back from the game and a little post game festivities. Thomas looked incredible, as did the rest of the receivers. On every play at least one of the was getting separation, and that showed with the out of this world 3rd down conversion rate. If anything, the passing game is going to be fun to watch this year!

Now, if we can get Kyle to improve his accuracy it would be all that much more lethal.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Hard to call Thomas a steal, when he was picked in front of Dez Bryant. Being a first round WR taken a few picks ahead of the WR most considered the best in the draft, Thomas is expected to be a big time producer to justify the pick.

However, I think we are going to get rewarded big time for taking Cox, after his stock fell over that Cotton Bowl curfew mess.

Decker is hard to say. In TC, he looked like he could be a really big cog in the offense, but it's going to take time. As he isn't a fast guy, we have to see how he fits. I could easily see Thomas, Decker and Royal being a great trio for years to come.

I'm still not ready to label Lloyd a stud, as some are doing, as he's shown flashes in the past with other teams. Making spectacular catches, but not being consistent.

The line is in shambles right now, with guys coming off injuries, guys having new injuries and rookies/first time starters. While they are struggling to open holes in the running game, they are doing a pretty admirable job in pass protection considering the make shift nature of the line right now.

I guess my definiton of steal is different than Y'all. A steal to me is someone that was not expected to be BIG time and had others rated higher than he was. Regardless of where they are taken.

But I believe we will have one heck of a receiving corps for years tio come.

I still see decker as our new Eddie mac over the middle sure handed 3rd down destroyer. With Eddie in the slot thomas, decker and thomas outside and lloyd, willis and the kid on IR this TEAM has a future nightmare group to cover.

With white coming back next year, moreno, and Maroney we picked up. Offensively have a lot of options.

This is not even including the long term potential of Tebow. Who do you prioritze to cover?

Medford Bronco
09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
As much as some might not be high on Maroney, he has talent. I Have seen it here in NE for years. He just sometimes gets lax with the ball. If he can hold the ball, He can be a decent option as a change of pace, like Tatum Bell was. He has more talent than Bell but can he get the best of his ability. I hope so.

honz
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
This new group may turn out to be almost as good as the Cutler/Marshall/Scheffler/Royal offensive group. :killingit:

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Now, if we can get Kyle to improve his accuracy it would be all that much more lethal.

I do not recall the actual stats today but seem to remember hearing then say 14-18 on third down and off the top of my head he had to have been on the moon as far as QB rating is concerned.

Will the bad passes both of them today get better as time goes on when they get timing down better perhaps then he will be acurate enough eh?

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
No need to bring Shanny into this... :whoknows:

:cool:

Not one mention or even hint of the past coach in that post.

Me thinks you got DC as in distrct of columbia instead of DC defensive coordinators.

BroncoWave
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Not one mention or even hint of the past coach in that post.

Me thinks you got DC as in distrct of columbia instead of DC defensive coordinators.

Me thinks you missed his sarcasm.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
This new group may turn out to be almost as good as the Cutler/Marshall/Scheffler/Royal offensive group. :killingit:

Since it is hard to see sarcasm on my mobile device. I'm going to say your kidding rights?

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Me thinks you missed his sarcasm.

Blackberry mobile does not have either sarcasm nor bull shit meters. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I do not recall the actual stats today but seem to remember hearing then say 14-18 on third down and off the top of my head he had to have been on the moon as far as QB raying is concerned.

Will the bad passes both of them today get better as time goes on when they get timing down better perhaps then he will be acurate enough eh?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091909/2010/REG2/seahawks@broncos

Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
K. Orton 25 35 307 2

Orton shreds Seattle secondary in Denver win

DENVER -- Kyle Orton threw for 307 yards and two TD passes and top draft pick Demaryius Thomas caught eight passes for 97 yards and a touchdown in the Denver Broncos' 31-14 rout of the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

Orton also threw one to Eddie Royal -- his first TD catch since 2008 as the Broncos dominated the Seahawks (1-1) from the start and played keep-away in the second half.

The Broncos (1-1) won their 11th straight home opener and improved to 24-3 in home openers since 1984, the best mark in major professional sports during that span.

Thomas, who missed all of the preseason and last week's opener after aggravating his surgically-repaired left foot during a scrimmage last month, hauled in Orton's 21-yard touchdown pass to make it 31-7 and cap his smashing debut.

Ziggy
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Orton had a good completion percentage today, but he was off. Eddie Royal made a great catch having to go to the ground on his TD. Brandon Lloyd also made a catch that was well behind him. There were others, but those are the 2 off of the top of my head.

Northman
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Orton had a good completion percentage today, but he was off. Eddie Royal made a great catch having to go to the ground on his TD. Brandon Lloyd also made a catch that was well behind him. There were others, but those are the 2 off of the top of my head.

Exactly, which is why you need to actually watch the game and not go by stats alone. He had a great day but you could tell his passes were not as crisp as they should be and the receivers did a great job of making plays themselves.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Exactly, which is why you need to actually watch the game and not go by stats alone. He had a great day but you could tell his passes were not as crisp as they should be and the receivers did a great job of making plays themselves.

I saw Rogers, Brady and now watching the Manning brothers all throw passes that are a little off today. As a WR you get paid the big bucks not just to catch the easy ones but to adjust and make a bad throw look like a good one. There are times QB's put them right on the #'s and WR's drop them so it's give and take.

That is why I like Llyod. He doesn't make excuses for the bad throws, he just goes out and catches it.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 08:45 PM
The Broncos (1-1) won their 11th straight home opener and improved to 24-3 in home openers since 1984, the best mark in major professional sports during that span.

We need to play every home game like it's our opener then.

Northman
09-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I saw Rogers, Brady and now watching the Manning brothers all throw passes that are a little off today. As a WR you get paid the big bucks not just to catch the easy ones but to adjust and make a bad throw look like a good one. There are times QB's put them right on the #'s and WR's drop them so it's give and take.

That is why I like Llyod. He doesn't make excuses for the bad throws, he just goes out and catches it.

Indeed, any QB can be off at times but more times than not those guys you mention are much better with their accuracy and thats the point of concern for me as the season goes on. I kind of expect Kyle to be off when going long but the short passes need to be shored up. He shouldnt be consistently throwing behind the receivers or to their ankles.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Indeed, any QB can be off at times but more times than not those guys you mention are much better with their accuracy and thats the point of concern for me as the season goes on. I kind of expect Kyle to be off when going long but the short passes need to be shored up. He shouldnt be consistently throwing behind the receivers or to their ankles.

I think that will come as we go deeper into the season. Kyle really isn't known for making bad throws or INT's. But...he sure is shocking the heck out of me with the deep ball this year. I like that alot!

Moving Eddie to the slot was brilliant! As much as I liked Stokely it was just time to put all the best players in the right positons for us to have the best chance to win.

I'm watching the INDY game right now and I can say I'm honestly nervous though. They look like the old Colts again. NY is having a tough time running on them.

update: Eli just threw a bomb to Manningham. I think that's how we beat the Colts. Through the air and keep Peyton OFF the field.

Northman
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I think that will come as we go deeper into the season. Kyle really isn't known for making bad throws or INT's. But...he sure is shocking the heck out of me with the deep ball this year. I like that alot!

Moving Eddie to the slot was brilliant! As much as I liked Stokely it was just time to put all the best players in the right positons for us to have the best chance to win.

I'm watching the INDY game right now and I can say I'm honestly nervous though. They look like the old Colts again. NY is having a tough time running on them.

update: Eli just threw a bomb to Manningham. I think that's how we beat the Colts. Through the air and keep Peyton OFF the field.

As long as we can protect Orton from Mathis and Sweeney that might work. But remember, as the season goes on the weather gets worse and teams have to start relying on the run game a little more so we really need to get that part of it kick started to take some of the pressure off the passing game.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
As long as we can protect Orton from Mathis and Sweeney that might work. But remember, as the season goes on the weather gets worse and teams have to start relying on the run game a little more so we really need to get that part of it kick started to take some of the pressure off the passing game.

JD and Hochstien seemed to do very well today.

I loved what I saw from Moreno. He ran hard and hit the lanes with a good burst. Maybe his hammy is finally healed because he looked a little slow ast week. Putting in a fresh Maroney might sweeten the run game.

gobroncsnv
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, I agree, we'll need some long passes to keep the D's honest, but we will need ball control to keep the opposing offenses honest. Our bread and butter is not going to be our D this year. We're still a good pass rush away from beating Indy and such teams consistently. Gotta play the keepaway card.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 09:44 PM
How nice would it be to at least get a wild card Jrwiz?

I mean the Jets don't really look all that impressive and the Colts got blown out by the Texans. We might be able to squeak out a couple of games here in the next few weeks. The second half of the season isn't as bad.

Our true test lies ahead.

Well we have to play KC twice and romeo seems to have the DEF working, OAK has a lot of talent but even the coaching and owner can't cause them to lose every game. the talent will show through every once in a while.

and almost the same thing goes for SAN loads of talent but then there is NORV.

I think we will be very inconsistent this year because of all the kiddies on the team. but will not lose games by 30 plus points like we did last year and not collapse in the last 4 games like we have the past few years.

I see and bright light at the end of the tunnel, and the only thing I do not know just yet is how long the tunnel is. If we can pick up a couple DL studs (NT, DE) next year this team could be a powerhouse for a long time.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM

I believe as the year goes on that timing will indeed get better as they work together more. TC just mixes it up to much and the starters (even though they do not know who they are yet) do not get much time to work together.

Will Orton ever be a machine like Manning most probably not, but their is room for improvement on all sides.

Just saying that the WR might not be exactly on the route they are suppose to be either and conversely it could all be Orton.

I suspect it will get better as they work together on timing. One of the reasons willis and tebow clicked is Willis rarely played with the big boys in TC almost always in with Tebow.

LoyalSoldier
09-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Well not to sound like Deebie Downer, but I just want to wait a little to see how he does against better coverage before I get too hyped.

Still though he did a fine job today. You can't argue with that.

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I believe as the year goes on that timing will indeed get better as they work together more. TC just mixes it up to much and the starters (even though they do not know who they are yet) do not get much time to work together.

Will Orton ever be a machine like Manning most probably not, but their is room for improvement on all sides.

Just saying that the WR might not be exactly on the route they are suppose to be either and conversely it could all be Orton.

I suspect it will get better as they work together on timing. One of the reasons willis and tebow clicked is Willis rarely played with the big boys in TC almost always in with Tebow.

I dont think its a timing thing. Orton has kind of had accuracy issues all his career which is why i agree with you that he will never be a top guy like Manning or Brees when it comes to accuracy. So far its not hurting us as our receivers are making some great efforts to get the ball but when you think about guys like Welker (we have Royal) you want to be able to hit these guys in stride so that they can make even more of a play if possible. As for working together remember that Orton has played with these guys in TC and preseason so timing shouldnt even be an issue at this point.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I dont think its a timing thing. Orton has kind of had accuracy issues all his career which is why i agree with you that he will never be a top guy like Manning or Brees when it comes to accuracy. So far its not hurting us as our receivers are making some great efforts to get the ball but when you think about guys like Welker (we have Royal) you want to be able to hit these guys in stride so that they can make even more of a play if possible. As for working together remember that Orton has played with these guys in TC and preseason so timing shouldnt even be an issue at this point.

I'll disagree with you on the TC thingy. How much vanilla plays were being called back then , and like I said about willis and tebow they were second teamers all summer and I doubt but could be wrong Orton and Willis did not hook up this summer on "real plays".

It is about timing and confidence to know that your WR is going to make a great break. . If they have not improved by mid season then I'll concede your point. But I think they will get better as time goes on.

BTW I doubt that anyone believes that Orton is on the same level as Manning, not should they. I do remember brees stinking it up in SAN for a few years before they drafted rivers, so there is hope for Orton also.

DenBronx
09-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Well not to sound like Deebie Downer, but I just want to wait a little to see how he does against better coverage before I get too hyped.

Still though he did a fine job today. You can't argue with that.

I think I saw in training camp he owned Champ twice for touchdowns. Even in our scrimmage game he had a nice game.

He goes against some of the best coverage in the NFL everytime he practices. Don't sweat it...he'll do it again.

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll disagree with you on the TC thingy. How much vanilla plays were being called back then , and like I said about willis and tebow they were second teamers all summer and I doubt but could be wrong Orton and Willis did not hook up this summer on "real plays".

It is about timing and confidence to know that your WR is going to make a great break. . If they have not improved by mid season then I'll concede your point. But I think they will get better as time goes on.

BTW I doubt that anyone believes that Orton is on the same level as Manning, not should they. I do remember brees stinking it up in SAN for a few years before they drafted rivers, so there is hope for Orton also.

All fair points but Brees struggled in his first 3 years, after that he was just fine. Orton is what? In his 7th now? But, we shall see how the season progresses.

BroncoBJ
09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Until Demaryius can return a punt for a TD then hes nothing. :coffee:

:lol: But naw, loved watching him today. Just hope he stays healthy. But so far, so good. Love our recievers and Orton. :elefant:

Cant wait til we play Indy.

BORDERLINE
09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
great game for D.Thomas i was very very worried that he wasn't ready or that he might injure his foot again...he din't play at all in the pre-season missed the first game and i even read something about him having a loose screw in his foot...so i wasn't all for him playing...with that said, man he did his thing out there and D.T can run...he impressed for sure

LoyalSoldier
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I think I saw in training camp he owned Champ twice for touchdowns. Even in our scrimmage game he had a nice game.

He goes against some of the best coverage in the NFL everytime he practices. Don't sweat it...he'll do it again.

It sounds nice, but like I said I just want to wait and see. Anyone can succeed in the NFL once, but being great means to be adjusting faster than your opponent can.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
All fair points but Brees struggled in his first 3 years, after that he was just fine. Orton is what? In his 7th now? But, we shall see how the season progresses.

But then Orton did not have LT and Gates to bail him out either. and no this is starting his 6th year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150

while brees played well in SAN after those God Awful first three years it really was not till he got to NOL that he REALLY lit it up. His sixth year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbrees/profile?id=BRE229498

just a comparison of their 5th years.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2009 Denver Broncos 16 15 336 541 62.1 3,802 7.0 21 12 29 159 86.8 24 71 3.0 0 4 2
2005 San Diego Chargers 16 16 323 500 64.6 3,576 7.2 24 15 27 223 89.2 21 49 2.3 1 8 5

BTW that was Brees 5th year in the same scheme. Ortons first.

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
But then Orton did not have LT and Gates to bail him out either. and no this is starting his 6th year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150

I knew it was his 6th or 7th year just couldnt remember which. Using other players as "bailout" excuses just doesnt fly man.

while brees played well in SAN after those God Awful first three years it really was not till he got to NOL that he REALLY lit it up. His sixth year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbrees/profile?id=BRE229498

Yea, but its not just about lighting it up. Its about how accurate a passer he is and how consistent he is with it which was the basis of my point. And Brees started improving immensely by his 4th year.

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I knew it was his 6th or 7th year just couldnt remember which. Using other players as "bailout" excuses just doesnt fly man.

Yea, but its not just about lighting it up. Its about how accurate a passer he is and how consistent he is with it which was the basis of my point. And Brees started improving immensely by his 4th year.

OK I'll give you that LT and Gates are just average guys, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and brees was improving by his 4th year no doubt about that IIRC that was the year that rivers was drafted. but the real HUGE improvement did not happen till he got to NOL. about 900 more yards but then of course he finally got someone besides LT and Gates to throw to remember they are slackers :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Day1BroncoFan
09-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Glad you're on our side Demaryius Thomas! :salute:

Northman
09-19-2010, 10:58 PM
OK I'll give you that LT and Gates are just average guys, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and brees was improving by his 4th year no doubt about that IIRC that was the year that rivers was drafted. but the real HUGE improvement did not happen till he got to NOL. about 900 more yards but then of course he finally got someone besides LT and Gates to throw to remember they are slackers :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Again, for me its not about the yds. We know Kyle can put up yards. My issue is the accuracy aspect of it. I think your confusing the debate here a little bit. ;)

jhildebrand
09-20-2010, 01:11 AM
I agree with the accuracy comments. It seems our WR's are having to adjust to the ball more often than not.

Last year it was tipped balls. This year it is ball placement. Let's see what the next 14 bring.

atwater27
09-20-2010, 01:16 AM
The Bey Bey era hath Begun.

jhildebrand
09-20-2010, 01:17 AM
I just re-watched the 3rd and 14 he picked up on the bubble screen. WOW! That kid is F-A-S-T fast!

WARHORSE
09-20-2010, 04:43 AM
I just re-watched the 3rd and 14 he picked up on the bubble screen. WOW! That kid is F-A-S-T fast!

And big.

I look forward to him gaining some good experience against Revis in a few weeks too.

The DT Train will be making a stop on Revis Island.:salute::salute::salute:

Elevation inc
09-20-2010, 05:24 AM

FYI lloyd has never had the 4 game consitent stretch on any team he has had with denver now.......im thinking MCD has fixed that mentality problem (which was the main problem for lloyd in early years) when he sat him inactive for 14 games last year.......

Timmy!
09-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Worst draft pick ever. McD is the biggest moron of all time.....

broncofaninfla
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm liking me some DT, ordering the jersey today!

MileHighCrew
09-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Most impressive rookie WR performance since Eddie Royal vs Oakland

SOCALORADO.
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I originally thought of DT as a Marshall clone, but now he looks more like Andre Johnson to me. Dude is freakin fast.

Tned
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
I originally thought of DT as a Marshall clone, but now he looks more like Andre Johnson to me. Dude is freakin fast.

Marshall clone in terms of size, but much faster. He 'could' be a real beast for years to come.

slim
09-20-2010, 09:41 AM
I was shocked at his size/speed.

I think I love him.

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
But, but, but...he only ran 3 routes in college!

slim
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I didn't like the pick, but only because he was injured.

Glad he is healthy.

LTC Pain
09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, Bay Bay is a beast. He reminded me of Otis Taylor of the KC Chiefs back in the days of the AFL :) Size, speed, great hands and brushes off corners who are physical with him. Go Bay Bay!

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Marshall clone in terms of size, but much faster. He 'could' be a real beast for years to come.

Let's hope he does not develop the diva staus or head case/wife beater part of that clone.

claymore
09-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I didn't like the pick, but only because he was injured.

Glad he is healthy.

Our Med staff needs this. A player returning from an Injury is just what we need for them to get over the hump.

slim
09-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Our Med staff needs this. A player returning from an Injury is just what we need for them to get over the hump.

It is all about confidence.

Once they start believing in themselves, anything is possible.

claymore
09-20-2010, 11:01 AM
It is all about confidence.

Once they start believing in themselves, anything is possible.

I know we have arrived when they succesfully amputate McDaniels lips and transplant him a donor set that doesnt smack durring press confrences.

slim
09-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I know we have arrived when they succesfully amputate McDaniels lips and transplant him a donor set that doesnt smack durring press confrences.

WTF are you talking about?

McD is lip smacking good!

The Glue Factory
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM

So what does this mean about McDaniels? IIRC you thought DT was a stupid draft move on his part.

claymore
09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
So what does this mean about McDaniels? IIRC you thought DT was a stupid draft move on his part.

I still do.

Tned
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Let's hope he does not develop the diva staus or head case/wife beater part of that clone.

I'm less concerned with how he lives his life and more concerned with whether or not he can move the chains and score TDs. None of these guys are my role models, so I really don't care whether they are semi-bozos or full blown scumbags.

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm less concerned with how he lives his life and more concerned with whether or not he can move the chains and score TDs. None of these guys are my role models, so I really don't care whether they are semi-bozos or full blown scumbags.

If the way some of these players lead their lives didn't lead to suspensions you'd have a point...

DenBronx
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM

Are you saying Tebow is a full blown scumbag?

Tned
09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
If the way some of these players lead their lives didn't lead to suspensions you'd have a point...

So far, that hasn't been the concern that some fans make it out to be.

Are you saying Tebow is a full blown scumbag?

Let me go back and check.....

Nope, I didn't say that.

Tempus Fugit
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
So far, that hasn't been the concern that some fans make it out to be.

How can you say that when it's exactly what was happening with the team's best receiver, before he was traded away?

Tned
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
How can you say that when it's exactly what was happening with the team's best receiver, before he was traded away?

He was suspended for one game. It was a nice media/fan issue, but beyond that it wasn't a factor.

claymore
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
He was suspended for one game. It was a nice media/fan issue, but beyond that it wasn't a factor.

Im more worried about DT foot than I ever was BM behavior.

Tned
09-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Im more worried about DT foot than I ever was BM behavior.

Marshall's not my role model, and I don't have a foot fetish, so i'm not worried aboiut either... ;)

slim
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Mods, please move this thread to the Miami Dolphins forum.

tia.

Tempus Fugit
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM

Of course it was a factor. He was in a position to miss a lot more time with any subsequent issue.

Tned
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Of course it was a factor. He was in a position to miss a lot more time with any subsequent issue.

So is a guy that tears a pec muscle in practice. So could Orton if he gets drunk and runs a kid over. The bottom line is how many games did he miss from suspension?

Three games less than the beloved Mike Anderson.

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 01:52 PM

Frankly neither do I but when they are not on the field because they are druggies or idiots and have monthly sessions with Goodell then I really care about character.

I think we have a player that is just as good as marshall but faster and no baggage. Lets hope it plays out that way.

I also hope that NO single DEN player has one hundred catches unless the next 2 in order have 80+ each. I'd rather have 5 receivers with 60 than what we have had since the Rod and Eddie show. that way the DC can't shut just one player down or limit him to bubble screens thatt get 6 YPC.

Tempus Fugit
09-20-2010, 01:58 PM
So is a guy that tears a pec muscle in practice. So could Orton if he gets drunk and runs a kid over. The bottom line is how many games did he miss from suspension?

Three games less than the beloved Mike Anderson.

Every player is at risk of injury. The Brandon Marshalls of the league are at risk for both injury AND conduct suspensions. The notion that such a fact isn't a factor makes absolutely no sense at all.

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 01:59 PM

Please do not say that BM was not a distraction with all teh commish drama and other things.

Sure he was ONLY served ONE week of his 3 week suspension.

But after that the guy went out and got into trouble again and only the grace of God and Goodell did he not get more time.

I will always wonder how much that off duty cop got to not stand up as a witness. And how much his "fiance" got for not pressing charges.

Please tell me that you did not worry about BM and how much time he would get for his next brush with the law.

Please tell me that you were happy with how he conducted himself in TC last year.

I know the guy has talent but if he is suspended or even the treat of one it causes locker room issues. I know YOU understand that.

claymore
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Every player is at risk of injury. The Brandon Marshalls of the league are at risk for both injury AND conduct suspensions. The notion that such a fact isn't a factor makes absolutely no sense at all.

Everyone is at risk for suspensions and injuries. People do dumb shit.

Tned
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Frankly neither do I but when they are not on the field because they are druggies or idiots and have monthly sessions with Goodell then I really care about character.

I think we have a player that is just as good as marshall but faster and no baggage. Lets hope it plays out that way.

I also hope that NO single DEN player has one hundred catches unless the next 2 in order have 80+ each. I'd rather have 5 receivers with 60 than what we have had since the Rod and Eddie show. that way the DC can't shut just one player down or limit him to bubble screens thatt get 6 YPC.

I don't care much about the stats one way or the other, I'm more concerned about the domination. Marshall couldn't be covered one on one, even by the best corners in the league. He was probably the only Bronco in the last 25 years that was true of. That forces the defense to game plan specifically for that player. Now, for that to be a real benefit for the offense, you need WRs that then can clean up when they rare single covered.

The good news is that it looks like DT will be one of those players that will demand double teams, and likely will still be productive, even when doubled. Which allows receivers like Royal to clean up in single coverage.

T.K.O.
09-20-2010, 02:16 PM

are'nt the "full blown scumbags" the band that plays at clay's annual family reunion/barBq and speed dating get together ?:confused:;)

slim
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Everyone is at risk for suspensions and injuries. People do dumb shit.

A player that has already been suspended is at a greater risk (the punishment for future offenses is significantly greater).

Italianmobstr7
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I called it. I knew Demaryius was going to be a beast. It's quite clear he has a ton of talent. I'm so excited to have him be a Bronco.

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't care much about the stats one way or the other, I'm more concerned about the domination. Marshall couldn't be covered one on one, even by the best corners in the league. He was probably the only Bronco in the last 25 years that was true of. That forces the defense to game plan specifically for that player. Now, for that to be a real benefit for the offense, you need WRs that then can clean up when they rare single covered.

The good news is that it looks like DT will be one of those players that will demand double teams, and likely will still be productive, even when doubled. Which allows receivers like Royal to clean up in single coverage.

Even with the double coverage that he got in the past he was pretty much relegated to bubble screen with a hope he might break one for more the 6 yards.

I see it as if their are 6 WR that can get 60 catches a year there is not way to double them all up and someone is going to hurt you. Then they are playing a deep zone to make sure no one gets past the deepest guy. then everyone gets 8-12 yards a pop. until they cheat up and then DT, Willis, LLoyd gets a long ball.

Id rather have lots of balance where one Sunday DT get 12 and 2 tds and then the next week they triple cover him only to have Royal or Lloyd or one of the others nuke them or for that matter all of them nuke them.

This is a Passing offense with running as a clock killer or to keep the DL honest.

Give me 5 Receivers that are getting 65+ any time.

Tned
I called it. I knew Demaryius was going to be a beast. It's quite clear he has a ton of talent. I'm so excited to have him be a Bronco.

Yea, it's exciting to see some of the young talent and think about how they could be productive for years to come.

claymore
A player that has already been suspended is at a greater risk (the punishment for future offenses is significantly greater).

Same can be said of injuries.

I only care if they play. I dont care what the reason for missing a game is because I honeslty dont care about the player off the field.

slim
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Same can be said of injuries.

I only care if they play. I dont care what the reason for missing a game is because I honeslty dont care about the player off the field.

Injuries are outside the control of the player.

I don't really care what they do off the field either, as long it doesn't impact their playing time.

Tned
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Even with the double coverage that he got in the past he was pretty much relegated to bubble screen with a hope he might break one for more the 6 yards.

I see it as if their are 6 WR that can get 60 catches a year there is not way to double them all up and someone is going to hurt you. Then they are playing a deep zone to make sure no one gets past the deepest guy. then everyone gets 8-12 yards a pop. until they cheat up and then DT, Willis, LLoyd gets a long ball.

Id rather have lots of balance where one Sunday DT get 12 and 2 tds and then the next week they triple cover him only to have Royal or Lloyd or one of the others nuke them or for that matter all of them nuke them.

This is a Passing offense with running as a clock killer or to keep the DL honest.

Give me 5 Receivers that are getting 65+ any time.

Until last year, the bubble screen was barely a factor, so he was capable of far more than that. If you are looking for a signature type play, it's more like the play that ended the Dallas game last year, leaping up, grabbing a ball, and then breaking tackles.

The spreading around is great if you have talent across the board, the way that Indy was able to torch us with their third receiver back in the playoff days. No question that's ideal, but if you don't have a beast that draws double or even triple coverage, than it's pretty much impossible for your 4th and 5th receivers to get decent production.

I'll take a Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson who are completely dominant any day, because they make the other receivers better by providing them with single coverage.

Day1BroncoFan
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM

I don't really care what they do off the field either, as long it doesn't impact their playing time.

Or distract the rest of the team...

claymore
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM

We can go round and a round with this. Bottom line, We dont know who would or will miss more games... Marshall and his "issues" or DT and his foot.

slim
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
We can go round and a round with this. Bottom line, We dont know who would or will miss more games... Marshall and his "issues" or DT and his foot.

Can I have a hug?

claymore
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Can I have a hug?

Lets take a walk with our hands in each others back pockets. :lovers:

Tned
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM

Aren't they tied right now? One game a piece?

Anyway, the good news is we have DT, and even with one good foot, he looks pretty damn good.

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM

Anyway, the good news is we have DT, and even with one good foot, he looks pretty damn good.

DT had a quote after the game saying that he's still not 100% yet. I can't wait to see what he can do when he is at full strength!

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Depends on if you also want to count BM being deactivated in week 17 last year.

Tned
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Depends on if you also want to count BM being deactivated in week 17 last year.

Since he was injured, it's hard to count that as an off-field behavior, league suspension. Even if you believe McDaniels that he faked the injury, it wasn't a wife-beating, league suspension.

DT had a quote after the game saying that he's still not 100% yet. I can't wait to see what he can do when he is at full strength!

Yep, that's why I made the one good foot comment. I can't wait for him to be fully healthy and get some more experience. He could be real fun to watch for a long time.

Northman
09-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Sadly, you are 100% correct. This isnt the NFL of old and character does play a part whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Tned
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Sadly, you are 100% correct. This isnt the NFL of old and character does play a part whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

No question, but does that mean we hold Cox's Cotton Bowl problems over his head forever? Or, Marcus Thomas' problems? Or, should team still be afraid of Randy Moss from his bad boy college days? How many seasons have to pass without the dreaded 8-16 game suspension before it stops being a "....ummm yea, but he could miss half the season..."?

broncophan
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Great game by the rookie....I look forward to many more!!

Where are all the threads about our other first round draft pick??..:)

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Since he was injured, it's hard to count that as an off-field behavior, league suspension. Even if you believe McDaniels that he faked the injury, it wasn't a wife-beating, league suspension.

COMEON no one believes he was really injured, we all know in our hearts he was done for the year and did not want to practice (to cold for my lungs) or play once he got the pro bowl and his 100 catches.

NO need to make excuses for him missing two games instead of the one you originally quoted whether it be a league suspension, a TC suspension, being in in active or a club imposed suspension he did not play.

All of which were disruptive to the locker room.

Northman
Oh, and through 2 games

Marshall- 12 catches, 124 yds, 0 TD's

Thomas- 8 catches, 97 yds, 1 TD (all in one game)

Safe to say we are doing pretty good without Marshmellow.

I Eat Staples
I was very pleasantly surprised by Thomas. Didn't he make one catch while being interfered upon? I didn't see much of the game other than a few highlights of drives and the stats, so how was he used for the most part? I saw a lot of short passes turning into 15 yard gains or so, per NFL game center. Were we throwing bubble screens to him like Marshall? Also, did he look as dominant as his stats suggest, or was he kind of under the radar and making the most of it?

Whatever the case, that was a great debut. I don't remember being so impressed by a WR in his first game with us in a long time, if ever. I didn't know what to expect from DT, so therefore my expectations were low, but I have to say if he can keep playing at this level and improve on it I won't wish we took Bryant.

My expectations for DT are suddenly very high. Don't you dare let me down Demaryius!

Lonestar
Great game by the rookie....I look forward to many more!!

Where are all the threads about our other first round draft pick??..:)

look under jags byline.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Northman
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
No question, but does that mean we hold Cox's Cotton Bowl problems over his head forever? Or, Marcus Thomas' problems? Or, should team still be afraid of Randy Moss from his bad boy college days? How many seasons have to pass without the dreaded 8-16 game suspension before it stops being a "....ummm yea, but he could miss half the season..."?

Not everything was from Brandon's college days mate. Its safe to say that Brandon was a high risk player as far as his character and ability to get into trouble. Could he grow out of that? Sure, but Denver has basically waited long enough and frankly his pouting and temper tantrums arent missed by me personally. Hell of a football player but like Jay has some personal issues to overcome before i want them on my team.

broncophan
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh, and through 2 games

Safe to say we are doing pretty good without Marshmellow.

yea but.....can Thomas catch as many against the colts as Marshall did last year??:confused::D

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised by Thomas. Didn't he make one catch while being interfered upon? I didn't see much of the game other than a few highlights of drives and the stats, so how was he used for the most part? I saw a lot of short passes turning into 15 yard gains or so, per NFL game center. Were we throwing bubble screens to him like Marshall? Also, did he look as dominant as his stats suggest, or was he kind of under the radar and making the most of it?

Whatever the case, that was a great debut. I don't remember being so impressed by a WR in his first game with us in a long time, if ever. I didn't know what to expect from DT, so therefore my expectations were low, but I have to say if he can keep playing at this level and improve on it I won't wish we took Bryant.

My expectations for DT are suddenly very high. Don't you dare let me down Demaryius!

There was one bubble screen to DT that didn't look like it was going anywhere then he exploded for about 15 yards. He was making plays all over the field yesterday.

Northman
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
yea but.....can Thomas catch as many against the colts as Marshall did last year??:confused::D

My guess? If Orton singles him out every play he will blow that record up. :lol:

BroncoWave
09-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Ok, but doesn't that play into the argument that Marshall has to worry about suspensions AND injuries while DT only has to worry about injuries?

slim
09-20-2010, 02:59 PM

That is exactly why they weren't drafted higher, so yeah it matters.

I Eat Staples
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
There was one bubble screen to DT that didn't look like it was going anywhere then he exploded for about 15 yards. He was making plays all over the field yesterday.

Oh nice. I don't mind the bubble screen, but at this point it's all over the game films that the other team must be almost sitting on it. If we use it, but use it less, it could be a nice change of pace. And throwing more deep passes will help it be more effective.

Tned
09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
COMEON no one believes he was really injured, we all know in our hearts he was done for the year and did not want to practice (to cold for my lungs) or play once he got the pro bowl and his 100 catches.

NO need to make excuses for him missing two games instead of the one you originally quoted whether it be a league suspension, a TC suspension, being in in active or a club imposed suspension he did not play.

All of which were disruptive to the locker room.

Ok, my last response related to the former #15, since thread has gotten a bit derailed by me responding to someone else bringing Marshall up --- I think it was you, but can't remember for sure ;)

AS to believing it, I can only go by the reactions of the former players, GM and the beat reporters and their reaction. There is no way to know whether or not he was really injured, but they said that McDaniels calling him a liar (which is essentially what he did) in terms of his injury was nearly unheard of in the NFL.

As I am not all knowing, nor do purport to be, I don't know whether or not he was really hurt. Petulant child or not, winning seemed to be important to him, so I have no reason to believe he would fake an injury.

Anyway, speaking of DT, did I say I am really excited about him?

rcsodak
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok, my last response related to the former #15, since thread has gotten a bit derailed by me responding to someone else bringing Marshall up --- I think it was you, but can't remember for sure ;)

AS to believing it, I can only go by the reactions of the former players, GM and the beat reporters and their reaction. There is no way to know whether or not he was really injured, but they said that McDaniels calling him a liar (which is essentially what he did) in terms of his injury was nearly unheard of in the NFL.

As I am not all knowing, nor do purport to be, I don't know whether or not he was really hurt. Petulant child or not, winning seemed to be important to him, so I have no reason to believe he would fake an injury.

I've heard HC's say "you'll have to ask him",when asked about injuries. Or saying a player needs to take his "diapers off". Tuna said what he tought. Think you're wrong, T.

rcsodak
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM

I've heard HC's say "you'll have to ask him",when asked about injuries. Or saying a player needs to take his "diapers off".Tuna also said what he thought. Not groundbreakin, imo.

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Frankly I do not want my players setting single game NFL records because for the most that means they are losing the game. While records are neat in the long run you have to pay more for them. SO there is a huge downside to that and pro bowl invites. Give a bunch of top 10 players and most often than not were are gonna beat the single super stud..

Not everything was from Brandon's college days mate. Its safe to say that Brandon was a high risk player as far as his character and ability to get into trouble. Could he grow out of that? Sure, but Denver has basically waited long enough and frankly his pouting and temper tantrums aren't missed by me personally. Hell of a football player but like Jay has some personal issues to overcome before i want them on my team.

amen Brother.

Oh, and through 2 games

Safe to say we are doing pretty good without Marshmallow.

Barring injury I believe this kid will be something really special.

I Eat Staples
09-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Frankly I do not want my players setting single game NFL records because for the most that means they are losing the game.

Yeah but they're still doing their part to bring their team back.