PDA

View Full Version : CBS's stupid rules

Lonestar
09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Did anyone else have this problem since CLE/CIN were the early games I was relegated to see the end of that game before my local station cut over to it.

I missed the entire game until 11:53 let in the second quarter. Only to be cut over and then them go into a rain delay.ARGGGGH

Had I been on Sunday ticket I would have had the same thing happen.

I could give a rats rectum about CLE or CIN just wanted to see my Broncos.

Any one have a DVD of the game they'd like to share?

sneakers
09-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Did anyone else have this problem since CLE/CIN were the early games I was relegated to see the end of that game before my local station cut over to it.

I missed the entire game until 11:53 let in the second quarter. Only to be cut over and then them go into a rain delay.ARGGGGH

It seems like everyone that doesn't live in Colorado had problems watching this game. I didn't get it on until it was 5 minutes until halftime. :shocked:

troylightfoot
09-17-2007, 06:22 AM
i have sunday ticket and i didn't miss a minute of the game. Not sure what you mean...

BroncoWave
09-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah I have Sunday Ticket too and it switched to the game right when it started.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-17-2007, 06:26 AM
I was watching on TVU and I missed nothing. :elefant:

In-com-plete
09-17-2007, 07:55 AM
i have sunday ticket and i didn't miss a minute of the game. Not sure what you mean...

You're right.

Hey JR, they changed it. The game didn't start until 4:15. So at 4:00 on channel 7?? they put that arena league game (Cincy/Cleveland) on. At 4:15 right before kickoff they switched over to the Broncos game.

I think they did this last year also. Seems like I remember missing only the opening kickoff of 1 or 2 games. But my point is, Directv isn't doing what they used to do.

Tned
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah I have Sunday Ticket too and it switched to the game right when it started.

Ditto. Without Sunday ticket, I think the local (if you can call it that, as I can't pick it up with an antenna, only cable) CBS was showing the Chiefs.

arapaho2
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM

yep i had the same thing....look goddammit my schedule says the broncos game at 2:00....after the indy game i expect to go to my scheduled game...at 2:00.....i was forced to watch the battle of defensless teams until after 2:30...our game was over the first period already ...missed the int and TD altogether

Retired_Member_001
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
CBS just cut the Browns/Bengals game short and showed the Raiders V Broncos game for me.

Sorry you missed the first quarter and some of the second.

BroncoManiac_69
09-17-2007, 11:24 AM
When the Colt/Titan game finished and they switched over to the Bengal/Brown game, I thought they were just filling in the time until our kickoff. We were FURIOUS they did not go to our kickoff. They could have kept us updated on the Ohio Shootout which seemed like the game that would never end. The last 3 minutes lasted almost 20 minutes.

We picked up the game out of Salt Lake City with about 9 minutes left in the first quarter which was earlier than some of you it appears.

And then the lightening delay which was required for safety.

Oooh. I love this new one: :defense:

BroncoAV06
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I have Sunday ticket but because the Denver Game was local here I could not get it on Sunday ticket and I missed most of the first as well.

underrated29
09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
well i am local and i missed some of it too.

but that was because of the freaking thunderstoms knowcked out our power.

so i finally get power and then the game goes to storm delay- I HATED THAT FREAKING STORM!!!

BroncoManiac_69
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I have Sunday ticket but because the Denver Game was local here I could not get it on Sunday ticket and I missed most of the first as well.

This is a scenario I went ballistic over with Sunday Ticket 3 years ago. If there is a game that CBS follows into OT or whatever, then Sunday Ticket BETTER show kickoff of the regularly scheduled game (The Broncos). I called and laid into them about it.

The following season, they did in fact allow the game on Sunday Ticket if the early game ran over but by halftime or when the early game was over, the scheduled game would be joined and THEN they would block it out.

I did not pay for Sunday Ticket last season or this one. So if they are back to the old ways, then call them and complain. They advertise that you won't miss a minute of action and it is their obligation to comply.

broncosfanscott
09-17-2007, 07:07 PM

I know how you feel. I went to a Broncos bar to watch the game and it did the same thing. Missed Bailey's pick and the first TD. I mean when you are able to watch any game in the NFL then that shouldn't happpen right. :confused:

Lonestar
09-17-2007, 07:18 PM
You're right.

Hey JR, they changed it. The game didn't start until 4:15. So at 4:00 on channel 7?? they put that arena league game (Cincy/Cleveland) on. At 4:15 right before kickoff they switched over to the Broncos game.

I think they did this last year also. Seems like I remember missing only the opening kickoff of 1 or 2 games. But my point is, Directv isn't doing what they used to do.

If your local station does not have a Broncos contract and it is just merely the "second game" then they stay with the original till it is completed. NFL ticket or not they do it by Zip code.

If the local station is carrying the game then NFL ticket blacks it out. Forcing you to watch all the happy crappy local car dealership commercials.

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 08:32 PM

It didn't interfere with start of game Sunday Ticket.

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Well fellas i didnt even get to watch the game so quit your whineing

broncosfanscott
09-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Despite missing the beginnng, the ending was better. There were actually two Raiders fans where I watched the game and it was so funny to see their reaction after they missed the second FG in OT. :laugh:

sneakers
09-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Well fellas i didnt even get to watch the game so quit your whineing

You obviously didn't try hard enough :tongue:

Astrass
09-18-2007, 07:08 PM
for those who didn't get to see the first int and TD check out the NFL.com site.....they have game highlights for every game now....pretty awesome.

broncosfanscott
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Fortunatly I was able to watch it on NFL Replay.

INT COUNT:

Bailey- 1
Bly- 1
Thomas- 1

.... and counting.

Lonestar
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Fortunatly I was able to watch it on NFL Replay.

INT COUNT:

Bailey- 1
Bly- 1

.... and counting.

do not forget Thomas in your count!!!!!!