PDA

View Full Version : Same kind of start yet two wins instead.

LoyalSoldier
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
The last two years have had starts like this.

2005: After an opening day blow out we came home to get practically owned by the chargers, but we came back and won the game

2006: After an opening day screw up in St Louis we came home to a game where we looked like crap the whole day on offense.

So really it hasn't changed, but this time we won both games which is something Denver has not done the last few years. In fact it has been 5+ years since we started 2-0. I am actually happy with the offense just because we have so much new talent that it is expected that it will be a few games before we find the grove.

shank
09-17-2007, 12:29 AM
we went 2-0 in 2003, so it hasn't been THAT long...

but i am very glad to walk out of these games with wins, and has been said, hopefully these 'weak' opponents these first couple weeks will give up a bit more time to iron out some of the problems we are having and get them corrected before the tougher teams.

i think the offenses rhythm is being thrown off by the o-line, and i hope they get back into form asap. the defense is also adjusting to new players and a new scheme, and doing pretty well. the run defense is a problem that needs to be fixed by week 4, but the pass defense is tops. i don't even know where to start (and apperantly either does scott o'brian) with the special teams...

underrated29
09-17-2007, 12:22 PM
well really the offense is doing ok, if it werent for several elam misses, and all these freaking pass plays inside the 10 yard line.

i wish we would get back to the days of (current rb) up the gut for the td.
1st and goal- up the gut-
2nd and goal from 5- up the gut to the 1
3rd and goal- TD BABY!!

the pass is good, but lets do our b&b and pound it home, and get those points.