PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Tebow fans

KCL
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I am curious and this isn't intended to be offensive...after reading through Jag's thread "Orton is the reason we lost" I have a question since the board got several new members when the Broncos drafted Tebow.

Anyway my question is if Denver decided to trade Tebow...would you all stick around and remain Bronco fans or become a fan of whatever team he signed with?

Just curious after reading Jag's comments...I am just asking because I have been a fan of the Chiefs for years...the team..and never any specific player.

LRtagger
09-15-2010, 07:16 PM
They would jump ship no question....at least I would hope they would.

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 07:17 PM
In before Jaxgatorsgirl3.

Jags won't post in any thread that isn't about Orton.

roomemp
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Two thirds of the people would jump ship. Pure Tebow lovers and McDaniel hater would be gone.

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Two thirds of the people would jump ship. Pure Tebow lovers and McDaniel hater would be gone.

Why would McD haters be gone if Tebow was traded? That'd make me hate him less...

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
better question....would you like to see mcD trade tebow for cassel ?

Yes. Cassel can be an okay backup. Terrible starter though.

BroncoBJ
09-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I would boycott the Broncos and be a fan of whatever team he ends up with.

Tebow4life :elefant:

Tned
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyway my question is if Denver decided to trade Tebow...would you all stick around and remain Bronco fans or become a fan of whatever team he signed with?

Ask the Ron Dayne fans. Ooops, can't do that, they aren't here anymore....

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 08:50 PM

Ron Dayne had fans? Damn...

To be honest though, I actually liked him.

jhildebrand
09-15-2010, 08:53 PM
My guess is they would follow the messiah

gnomeflinger
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I am curious and this isn't intended to be offensive...after reading through Jag's thread "Orton is the reason we lost" I have a question since the board got several new members when the Broncos drafted Tebow.

Just curious after reading Jag's comments...I am just asking because I have been a fan of the Chiefs for years...the team..and never any specific player.

I knew Tebow would be a hot commodity the end of his junior year of school. Never did I thought he'd be drafted to the Broncos. I'm still wondering why they drafted him over a TE or WR.

WARHORSE
09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I dont know about anyone else, but Im here rain or shine.

I like the Tebow draft pick.

It, like any other personel decision, is an investment.

So, the real contention with the pundits over the selection, was the fact that we took him in the first round, while most thought he would not contribute right away. This is true, and has proven factual somewhat.

But what is Tebows true value?

I would, and do, argue that Tebows value goes far beyond what he does on the field. Its what he does OFF the field as well.

What has he done off the field? He has proven to be a very polarizing figure. And while initially many like him......initially, many dont like him.

But the ones that dont like him.......end up loving him once they get to know him.

He is special.

Tebow has the ability to make the Broncos one of the most powerful sports franchises in the world, above and beyond what we already are.

Gretzky. Jordan. Magic. Bird. Beckam...etc, etc.

This kid has the ability to stand out as an individual in the ultimate TEAM sport.

Lost on many, is the fact that IF Tim Tebow ends up being a winning quarterback and taking this team to the superbowl, he will become a megastar, with an emphasis on MEGA.

And MEGA stars bring people in droves to the gates to see him play.

Tebow has already paid off and has been worth the pick imo. Has anyone not noticed how the rookies gather around him and the vets honor him with their respect?

Getting Tebow is like getting the magic beans Jack bought in Jack and the Beanstalk.

I for one, wouldnt trade him for ANYTHING.

gnomeflinger
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
So... WARHORSE... are you a fan of Tim Tebow?

honz
09-16-2010, 12:37 AM
I would move on to whatever team Tebow goes to.

sneakers
09-16-2010, 01:29 AM

Hey......... :tsk:

Best Badger ever!

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
In before Jaxgatorsgirl3.

Jags won't post in any thread that isn't about Orton.

I would stay a Bronco, after watching the game last week Royal is smokin and I was impressed with the positives of the team. If Tebow leaves, I would hope he goes to the Vikings. As far as Orton goes, half the broncos would cheer not just Jags. The fans seem to go back and forth on Orton all the time. It blows me away how much some of you do not care for Tebow, he is a true winner and can bring a lot to the table. Where as Orton can bring strength in some areas, just not as much as Tebow. I thought Orton did well last week but again we were playing the Jaguars.

This thread is actually not about Tebow, just a smoke screen for you to bash people anyway.

camdisco24
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I love the Tebow pick, but I was a BRONCOS fan waaaay before "Tebow Mania".
A majority of his followers would jump ship if he wasn't a Bronco anymore. They may not admit it, but we all know its true.

broncofaninfla
09-16-2010, 09:26 AM
I live in Panama City Beach Florida, I can say that up until the draft there were only a handfull of Denver fans here. This past weekend though there were more Bronco jerseys in the sports bars than I've ever seen. Hopefully Tebow works out and the fans become a fan of the team instead of the man.

camdisco24
09-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I'd love some more east coast respect, but if it comes in the form of bandwagon fans... I'd rather just have it stay the way it is.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I would stay a Bronco, after watching the game last week Royal is smokin and I was impressed with the positives of the team. If Tebow leaves, I would hope he goes to the Vikings. As far as Orton goes, half the broncos would cheer not just Jags. The fans seem to go back and forth on Orton all the time. It blows me away how much some of you do not care for Tebow, he is a true winner and can bring a lot to the table. Where as Orton can bring strength in some areas, just not as much as Tebow. I thought Orton did well last week but again we were playing the Jaguars.

This thread is actually not about Tebow, just a smoke screen for you to bash people anyway.

To me, to be a fan of the Broncos, you are a fan of the TEAM - not one player only. I am not sure how many do not care for Tebow - I was glad the Broncos drafted him; however, what clouds the water for me are the threads/posts where jags does NOTHING but promote Tebow, and makes RIDICULOUS comments about Orton, just to promote his ONLY agenda, which is Tebow should be the starter.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
To me, to be a fan of the Broncos, you are a fan of the TEAM - not one player only. I am not sure how many do not care for Tebow - I was glad the Broncos drafted him; however, what clouds the water for me are the threads/posts where jags does NOTHING but promote Tebow, and makes RIDICULOUS comments about Orton, just to promote his ONLY agenda, which is Tebow should be the starter.

I use to read his post and liked his research, I will glance at them because he does post actual stats. Yes, I believe his agenda is for Tebow to play, heck I want him to play but not at the expense of loosing games. Tebow will be ready in time. I believe Jags thinks he is ready now. Since Orton has not blown apart and is showing promise then keep him in. I must say this again I am totally stoked on Royal.

KCL
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM

No this thread isn't about Tebow and wasn't intended to be.Like I said this isn't meant to be offensive and I'm sorry if you're offended.

After reading Jag's thread...I am beginning to think he is a Tebow fan and actually not a team fan..I may be wrong but IMO it's ridiculous
to bash the starting QB for the loss on Sunday and carry on about how Tebow should have started.

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't really know if I'm a Tebow fan yet. I tend to disregard hype at first.

I follow a few players. I like Todd Heap and Chris Cooley, Ray Lewis, Brandon Lloyed, most all former Hawkeyes in the NFL, and good players like Sananta Moss, Steven Jackson and those that I like for some reason like Ricky Williams. no, I'd be a Bronco fan regardless of any player.

claymore
09-16-2010, 11:10 AM
As long as we got a good deal I wouldnt give 2 squirts.

GEM
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM

That's what I don't get. Why does it have to be one or the other. I'm a fan of Orton and a fan of Tebow. I like Orton for the right now and I like Tebow for the future. It doesn't have to be if you like Orton, you hate Tebow or you hate Orton and love Tebow. I just want what is best for the Broncos, and IMHO Orton is better for my team right now and I also feel Tebow will be absolutely fantastic for my team down the road.

Orton has his strengths, just as Tebow has his. They both have weaknesses. Neither are perfect.

KCL
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM
As long as we got a good deal I wouldnt give 2 squirts.

Spoken like a true fan clay

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Royal's pretty exciting Jaxgator, I am big on Brandon Lloyd right now.

ummm. Jags,... don't know about his fandom for the Broncos. could care less actually. He's from Florida and so is Tebow, BFD.

KCL
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I thought Orton did well last week but again we were playing the Jaguars.

I don't get this line of thinking at all...I believe last season they won one less game than the Broncos...and let me remind you..they beat Denver last week.

LTC Pain
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
That's what I don't get. Why does it have to be one or the other. I'm a fan of Orton and a fan of Tebow. I like Orton for the right now and I like Tebow for the future. It doesn't have to be if you like Orton, you hate Tebow or you hate Orton and love Tebow. I just want what is best for the Broncos, and IMHO Orton is better for my team right now and I also feel Tebow will be absolutely fantastic for my team down the road.

Orton has his strengths, just as Tebow has his. They both have weaknesses. Neither are perfect.

I agree 100% with Carol and GEM.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 12:20 PM

If the above bolded part is directed at KCL, who started the thread, where in the world are you getting that it is not actually about Tebow, but rather a smoke screen to bash people?

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't get this line of thinking at all...I believe last season they won one less game than the Broncos...and let me remind you..they beat Denver last week.

I think we beat ourselves. We could have won that game but we did make a few mistakes that cost us big. I know coulda woulda, I still think our shooting ourselves in the foot gave the win to the Jaguars. These things can be fixed though. Oh and this is not an excuse it was 105 degrees on the field. The paper said about 100 people in the stands had to be helped and about 20 people went to the hospital. I thought we played well as a team just a few more tweaks and we should be ready to rock and roll. Go Broncos!

rationalfan
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM
interesting thread.

another question: how many new members joined this board after denver drafted tebow?

mods, can you answer that?

Ravage!!!
09-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Because even though we know we are not a good team, we also know when we play another bad team.

GEM
09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
interesting thread.

another question: how many new members joined this board after denver drafted tebow?

Site admin can usually find that info. I will make sure he sees this post and see if we can get you an answer. :salute:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Site admin can usually find that info. I will make sure he sees this post and see if we can get you an answer. :salute:

I did sign up in April of this year after Tebow was signed. But, I am learning about the entire team including again I am sure yall are tired of this but my fav Royal the Man! Totally blown away last week watching him. Royal really impressed me.

KCL
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Because even though we know we are not a good team, we also know when we play another bad team.

Not really...that post I quoted made it sound as if the Jags were 1-15 last season...thing is..this is a new season...can't look at teams records from last year and think they are going to be an easy win.

KCL
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I did sign up in April of this year after Tebow was signed. But, I am learning about the entire team including again I am sure yall are tired of this but my fav Royal the Man! Totally blown away last week watching him. Royal really impressed me.

Yes he made an awesome one handed catch..too bad it wasn't a TD.

GEM
09-16-2010, 12:55 PM

By all means, I think it's cool to have another chica Broncos fan. Welcome aboard. You seem to have an interest in the entire team, not just one player. :) Hell, a lot of Broncos fans started their fandom because of a certain #7. We all have to start somewhere. :D

Tned
09-16-2010, 01:00 PM
interesting thread.

It's really hard to fully quantify where a fan came from or why they joined. If we just look at the new signups around the last two drafts, we see more new signups this year:

April 24, 2009 2
April 25, 2009 5
April 26, 2009 5
April 27, 2009 4
April 28, 2009 2
April 29, 2009 2
April 30, 2009 5
May 01, 2009 1
May 02, 2009 7
May 03, 2009 1
May 04, 2009 1

April 20, 2010 5
April 21, 2010 3
April 22, 2010 15
April 23, 2010 13
April 24, 2010 4
April 25, 2010 4
April 26, 2010 3

In both cases, after the draft time frame, we saw the typical 1-4 (on average) signups a day through the offseason.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Nothing wrong with you signing up after the Broncos drafted/signed Tebow. If another team had drafted/signed Tebow, I am sure you would have signed up on that team's message boards - again, nothing wrong with that.

Although you signed up on BF because of Tebow, you do not limit your posts to Tebow only, you do not make negative threads/posts in regards to a specific Bronco player, etc. - it appears you have taken a genuine interest in the Broncos and finding out as much about the team as you can :salute:

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I fully support Jaxgatorgirl's journey into Broncofandom. She now knows the names of 2 players on the Roster. I think that is wonderful

KCL
09-16-2010, 01:11 PM
I fully support Jaxgatorgirl's journey into Broncofandom. She now knows the names of 2 players on the Roster. I think that is wonderful

LMAO...You're a nut...but I think she knows 3.

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm just razzin jax a bit. Actually I too am a recent fan of the Bronocs too. I became a fan before Elway's trip to the superbowls, and it was elway that attracted me to the team. I can honestly say that. but I wasn't vocal about it, I was busy with school, and all of that, not following much football. I always said if I had to say I was a fan of anyteam it was Denver. more than Elway though, I love CO and it' s people, am not from a state with a pro team, etc.

I never owned a denver bronco anything until probalby 4 years ago. I don't know much about the sport either, only started watching regularly at about the same time. Some people can be real helpful, others quite mean.

Welcome Jaxgatorgirl, enjoy the ride. :salute:

Lonestar
09-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Way to many folks are hung up on why folks join up and who their fav is.

Raise your hand if Y'all joined the Broncos because of one player or another, or if you became a fan after they won the super bowls and got a lot of hype.

I'll bet more folks became fans because of John and the super bowl wins than for any other reason. And because of that they are still here.

It was the same for PIT and NE fans. because they are consistent winner they have fans.

Same went for the cowgirls when they were winning. locally when they are not the fans disappear.

I"m glad Tebow was drafted it will add to the cause of DEN and those few clowns that are just Tebow fans for now might just buy into the rest of the team. Because that is what Josh is building. TEAM.

UNLESS yo were born in Colorado There are very few fans that just started out liking the Broncos because they were there. almost all of out out of town fans came on board for another reason than the inbreeds did.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2010, 01:45 PM
LMAO...You're a nut...but I think she knows 3.

Bailey, Gaffney, Royal, Orton, why BM isn't here anymore, McD, Clady, Elvis, Moreno oh the list goes on and on, I try to pick a player each week during a game and really watch them......:beer:

honz
09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Do you know who Paul Ernster is?

claymore
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Bailey, Gaffney, Royal, Orton, why BM isn't here anymore, McD, Clady, Elvis, Moreno oh the list goes on and on, I try to pick a player each week during a game and really watch them......:beer:

Are you over 18?

KCL
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM

I don't watch college ball except MU..and usually only when they play KU..I follow the NFL...don't know any of the players coming out of the draft..I only learn about them when they are signed.

My post wasn't a slight at you...it was for the nut the nut.

Lonestar
09-16-2010, 01:50 PM

exactly what part of them are you watching :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GEM
09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
exactly what part of them are you watching :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Football players in terms of the nicest butts:

5) Lineman....more cushion for the pushin, unless it's Jamal...that's just a fat ass
4)Kickers....usually worth a squeeze, unless it's Janikowski...he's got roofies.
3)Linebackers....all that running makes for some nice gluteus maximus!
2) Tight Ends....yes they have very nice ends
1)Wide Receivers.....Decker anyone? :D

:laugh:

I Eat Staples
09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I became a Broncos fan because I liked the jerseys.

honz
09-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Truthfully, I became a fan when the Broncos signed my boy Sam Adams.

rationalfan
09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
if we're getting into fan genesis stories: i only became a broncos fan (as a child in the 80s) because i wanted to watch elway play every week. the guy's play blew my mind.

GEM
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I am of the Colorado Native group. I was born here and have lived here my whole life. I can't think of much of anything that would entice me to move from Colorado. I'm a 3rd generation Bronco fan. Grew up watching with my dad, my favorite player when I was little was Meck, after that it was always a hard hitter like Smith or Atwater, also loved McCaffrey. Of course John and Davis (I still have an Orange and Blue beanie bear with #30 and Davis on it, my daughter won it out of a claw machine, it sits on the little dash holder on my dashboard). It's been harder to find guys I really like the last few years. I liked Gold because of the fingering of Quitterson on MNF, I loved Lynch, today I sport a Royal jersey and I am looking forward to Decker and Tebow. My before my time favorite player was Gradishar. It's amazing to pop in the 1977 championship game and watch that guy hit and penetrate the line. Flat out amazing.

Gosh sakes, I ******* love this team. :D

Traveler
09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I became a Broncos fan because I liked the jerseys.

Old, new or both?

I Eat Staples
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Old, new or both?

New. I'm not that old lol.

T.K.O.
09-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Love him, I love him, I love him,
And where he goes IŽll follow, IŽll follow, IŽll follow.

I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go.
There isnŽt an ocean too deep,
A mountain so high, it can't keep me away.

I must follow him, ever since he touched my hand I knew,
That near him I always must be.
And nothing can keep him from me,
He is my destiny.

I love him, I love him, I love him,
HeŽll always be my true love, my true love, my true love,
From now until forever, forever, forever.

I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go,
There isnŽt an ocean too deep.
A mountain so high it can't keep, keep me away,
Away from my love.

I love him, I love him, I love him,
HeŽll always be my true love, my true love, my true love,
From now until forever, forever, forever.

I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go,
There isnŽt an ocean too deep.
A mountain so high, it can't keep, keep me away,
Away from my love.

And where he goes,
IŽll follow, IŽll follow, IŽll follow,
I know IŽll always love him. (Repeat to fade)

lesley gore.....er uhm ....jags;)

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I am of the Colorado Native group. I was born here and have lived here my whole life. I can't think of much of anything that would entice me to move from Colorado. I'm a 3rd generation Bronco fan. Grew up watching with my dad, my favorite player when I was little was Meck, after that it was always a hard hitter like Smith or Atwater, also loved McCaffrey. Of course John and Davis (I still have an Orange and Blue beanie bear with #30 and Davis on it, my daughter won it out of a claw machine, it sits on the little dash holder on my dashboard). It's been harder to find guys I really like the last few years. I liked Gold because of the fingering of Quitterson on MNF, I loved Lynch, today I sport a Royal jersey and I am looking forward to Decker and Tebow. My before my time favorite player was Gradishar. It's amazing to pop in the 1977 championship game and watch that guy hit and penetrate the line. Flat out amazing.

Gosh sakes, I ******* love this team. :D

I envy you. God's country imo

I loved Mac quite abit too. tough white boy

I Eat Staples
09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I envy you. God's country imo

I loved Mac quite abit too. tough white boy

I'm considering moving to Denver once I'm married, it seems like a great city. And of course, the Broncos play there. :D

Still working on getting my fiancee to agree, she doesn't like cold weather very much. :tsk:

GEM
09-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Denver is cool, but it's the mountains. I could go on a 2-3 week trip just driving to different little mountain towns. It's beautiful. I like that the metro area suburbs are usually just minutes from the heart of Denver and you don't have to drive a long time to get most places that you utilize often living here. The places that you do need to drive in order to get to are absolutely beautiful scenery. Driving in the mountains is a kick in the ass. The only thing that is really starting to suck is traffic because so many people and not a whole lot of highway upgrades. There is just not a whole lot of room on I70 to widen highways. Mountain on one side, Clear Creek on the other. :laugh:

I do like the idea of a monorail that travels along I70. Just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm considering moving to Denver once I'm married, it seems like a great city. And of course, the Broncos play there. :D

Still working on getting my fiancee to agree, she doesn't like cold weather very much. :tsk:

Does your fiancee live in New Jersey? If so, I can guarantee you, it is much colder there than Denver is in the winter. Many people have the wrong impression of Denver in the winter - they hear the snow reports from the ski areas and think Denver is buried in snow. In all reality, there are many days in the winter that you can go skiing in the mountains, or play golf in the Denver metro area.

Krugan
09-16-2010, 05:28 PM

It really doesnt get "that cold" here.

For the most part its decent here. But of course that really depends on what your idea of cold is.

Spend a winter in Fargo, or pretty much anything from mid South Dakota to Canada, that is some cold stuff.

I remember my dad having to go out and bring people off the highway because the cars froze up while driving. If I recall it was about -30 with a 30 mile an hour wind for about a week, that was in Dickonson ND.

Anyway, Colorado is wonderful pretty much all year round.

BroncoNut
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Does your fiancee live in New Jersey? If so, I can guarantee you, it is much colder there than Denver is in the winter. Many people have the wrong impression of Denver in the winter - they hear the snow reports from the ski areas and think Denver is buried in snow. In all reality, there are many days in the winter that you can go skiing in the mountains, or play golf in the Denver metro area.

I miss the midwest snows. and the more arid (less humid) air. winters out here can kinda suck. there's alot I miss about the midwest, CO is borderline MW..

I Eat Staples
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM

She's from Nashville but goes to college in NJ. And yeah I was thinking that, NJ doesn't typically get much snow but it's still colder than a lot of places that are "known" as being cold.

jhildebrand
09-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I have sold at least 7 homes to people from NJ this past year alone. They all have called me to tell me how right I was about our winters. If you can handle the NJ winter, you can handle our winter.

weazel
09-16-2010, 05:51 PM

lol, I forgot we had him!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I have sold at least 7 homes to people from NJ this past year alone. They all have called me to tell me how right I was about our winters. If you can handle the NJ winter, you can handle our winter.

GREAT - you are the reason all of the transplants are here :tsk::tsk::D

Dirk
09-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow...I feel old! I was born in Denver (wish I still lived there) and began my love of the team when Charley Johnson was the QB. Not because of him, but because the Broncos were my home town team.

GGMoogly
09-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm just glad we have "Purity Police" and the "The Keepers Of The Orthodoxy" here to tell us who the "real" fans are, you know...because it's so important...to know that. :coffee:

KCL
09-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm just glad we have "Purity Police" and the "The Keepers Of The Orthodoxy" here to tell us who the "real" fans are, you know...because it's so important...to know that. :coffee:

I'm glad that you're glad...see how that works...you are spreading happiness throughout the thread....let's be friends....and dance like an elephant...:elefant:

LRtagger
09-16-2010, 08:21 PM
That's what I don't get. Why does it have to be one or the other. I'm a fan of Orton and a fan of Tebow. I like Orton for the right now and I like Tebow for the future. It doesn't have to be if you like Orton, you hate Tebow or you hate Orton and love Tebow.

I love GEM and I hate claymore. :salute:

jhildebrand
09-16-2010, 09:37 PM
GREAT - you are the reason all of the transplants are here :tsk::tsk::D

I am just a willing participant :D

Blame the relocation companies!!!!

Did you know NJ has the largest Millionaire Drain in the country? They lost more millionaires than any other state BY A LARGE MARGIN.

Lonestar
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I am just a willing participant :D

Blame the relocation companies!!!!

Did you know NJ has the largest Millionaire Drain in the country? They lost more millionaires than any other state BY A LARGE MARGIN.

I call the east coast the coast of leprosy as it is dying slowly but shirley:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I loved when I lived there but when I moved away I was happy as hell.

Lonestar
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
lol, I forgot we had him!!!

Quick use hand sanitizer..

Dreadnought
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
She's from Nashville but goes to college in NJ. And yeah I was thinking that, NJ doesn't typically get much snow but it's still colder than a lot of places that are "known" as being cold.

Ice storms. Youse guys get ice storms in Jersey. We get colder weather and snow up here, but its a better deal than damned ice storms.

Snow in Albany is 1/2 to a third what we got when I lived in western NY, though temps are the same. Buffalo and Rochester get insane snowfalls some years

GEM
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM

I think the distinction was more Broncos fan vs. Tebow fan. Then it turned to how people became fans. I think people were just trying to understand if Jaxgirl really was here for the Broncos, or just a player. I think that matters because it will tell if you are going to look at the TEAM or is the agenda screw what is good for the TEAM and put one player in front of that TEAM.

lgenf
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
wow some of you "TRUE" Broncos fans are really a piece of work, some of the comments on this thread are eye opening as a newer broncos fan -DUE TO Tebow

Instead of most comments saying, welcome and thanks for cheering for the team, it's if your just a bandwagon b/c of TT we could care less for you

Hey I got news for you - it's week 2 and YOUR/our team played like crap last week. What the heck were you cheering about anyways?

It's amazing that you can't even let people get to know the team before crapping on the newbies. Yes a good chunk of us came here because TT came here, and we would have probably taken just as much interest in another team had they taken him, so what. If he was traded tomorrow I would go to (because it's week 2 and I have nothing invested yet) that is a reality. So does that make me a bandwagon fan or just someone who recently started to take interest in a team because of an amazing athlete?

I want the team to do well, and I want TT to start when he is going to help the team, that doesn't mean he is going to win every game, but you do have to lose some as a starter to get better, just look what happened at Flordia after we lost to Ole Miss that year, folks its called "THE SPEECH"

Most fans around the league haven't given two thoughts about the Broncos since old number 7 left town and that is because there hasn't been anything to get excited about.

Same thing is happening down here in South Floirda, since Marino left its been hard to get excited about the Fins, and fans is from fanatics, and its really hard to be fanatic about mediocrity or poor performance.

Let's see what the Broncos do to earn our cheers and maybe then some will stick around, but if you traded him tomorrow to anyone but the damn Jets or Pats I would be looking for another board to chime in on and say hello.

I am not offended by the question, nor by any of the reactions, but some of the comments from the TRUE fans are a joke and just feed into the trolling that can go on

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the distinction was more Broncos fan vs. Tebow fan. Then it turned to how people became fans. I think people were just trying to understand if Jaxgirl really was here for the Broncos, or just a player. I think that matters because it will tell if you are going to look at the TEAM or is the agenda screw what is good for the TEAM and put one player in front of that TEAM.

With all due respect...so what? Would anyone be harmed if she did like only one player?

wow some of you "TRUE" Broncos fans are really a piece of work, some of the comments on this thread are eye opening as a newer broncos fan -DUE TO Tebow

Instead of most comments saying, welcome and thanks for cheering for the team, it's if your just a bandwagon b/c of TT we could care less for you

Hey I got news for you - it's week 2 and YOUR/our team played like crap last week. What the heck were you cheering about anyways?

It's amazing that you can't even let people get to know the team before crapping on the newbies. Yes a good chunk of us came here because TT came here, and we would have probably taken just as much interest in another team had they taken him, so what. If he was traded tomorrow I would go to (because it's week 2 and I have nothing invested yet) that is a reality. So does that make me a bandwagon fan or just someone who recently started to take interest in a team because of an amazing athlete?

I want the team to do well, and I want TT to start when he is going to help the team, that doesn't mean he is going to win every game, but you do have to lose some as a starter to get better, just look what happened at Flordia after we lost to Ole Miss that year, folks its called "THE SPEECH"

Most fans around the league haven't given two thoughts about the Broncos since old number 7 left town and that is because there hasn't been anything to get excited about.

Same thing is happening down here in South Floirda, since Marino left its been hard to get excited about the Fins, and fans is from fanatics, and its really hard to be fanatic about mediocrity or poor performance.

Let's see what the Broncos do to earn our cheers and maybe then some will stick around, but if you traded him tomorrow to anyone but the damn Jets or Pats I would be looking for another board to chime in on and say hello.

I am not offended by the question, nor by any of the reactions, but some of the comments from the TRUE fans are a joke and just feed into the trolling that can go on

Good read on the situation. If one didn't know better, one might mistake us for Raider fans. :tsk:

I Eat Staples
09-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Oh, you only cheer for a winning team? So you're a Tebow fan, and a fair weather fan. I get it.

lgenf
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh, you only cheer for a winning team? So you're a Tebow fan, and a fair weather fan. I get it.

HA HA!

Yes all South Florida Fans are fair weather - did you not see us win the world series twice with our Marlins and then abandon them like they were the plague.

No my statement was not cheering for a team, rather cheering is a verb and is a response/reaction to something that one likes.

I cheered when they introduced the team, I cheered when they made a good play - sadly.........there just wasn't enough of those plays to say I cheered for the team the entire game

As stated above, I want the team to do well, and I do think that Orton proved he is QB1, but TT is a quick study and has already proved many people wrong in his life and this challenge that is before him is yet another chance to do that, and I look forward to the day where he is introduced as the starting QB and we all get to enjoy watching him/and the team do well.

No I do not think Tim Tebow walks on water..............he floats slightly above it so as to not get his shoes wet (lgenf 2010)

KCL
09-17-2010, 11:19 AM

Exactly...you might not be happy with the way your team plays...but you always cheer for them...cuss them and cheer them.

GEM
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
With all due respect...so what? Would anyone be harmed if she did like only one player?

Good read on the situation. If one didn't know better, one might mistake us for Raider fans. :tsk:

It's the BRONCOS board....if you only like a player, find a player board. The main issue is cramming said player down our throats. If your only purpose is the advancement of a certain player, the TEAM board probably won't fit your agenda.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
It's the BRONCOS board....if you only like a player, find a player board. The main issue is cramming said player down our throats. If your only purpose is the advancement of a certain player, the TEAM board probably won't fit your agenda.

Ok guys can we get to the important thing right now? The game on Sunday. Yes, I am a fan. So let us move on............:beer:

BroncoNut
09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Ok guys can we get to the important thing right now? The game on Sunday. Yes, I am a fan. So let us move on............:beer:

no ish. good post. let it go folks, get off the whole is Jaxgator a bronco fan or a tebow fan bs and move on. geesh. Loosers

GEM
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I wasn't attacking jaxgirl. It was reaction to the last few posts where some asked further and they required response. Again, and I don't know how many times I need to repeat it, I have no issue with new BRONCOS fans. I have issues with Tebow fans who don't care one wink about the BRONCOS coming on a BRONCOS website and telling me how terrible our starting QB is, when he isn't as terrible as they are saying, just for the sake of making their true agenda. If you don't cared diddly squat about the Broncos, go to a player's message board....or do as Jaxgirl has done, try to learn something about the Broncos....you just might like the team.

I think I cleared that with her yesterday. I don't have animosity to new fans who want to learn more about the Broncos. I welcome new fans of the BRONCOS. If Tim is leading their way here, great. If they are here ONLY for Tim, I'm guessing they have Tim fan sites.

GEM
09-17-2010, 02:56 PM
no ish. good post. let it go folks, get off the whole is Jaxgator a bronco fan or a tebow fan bs and move on. geesh. Loosers

Look at nut on his shiny white horse.....:whistle:

:lol:

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Again I ask, what difference does it make to you? I don't remember being required to read Jagsbch's posts or forced to respond to Jaxgirl. So what if they have an agenda? I personally LOVE the Tebow stuff (BTW, thanks for making it harder to find.) I seriously don't understand the rudeness and disrespect these two in particular, but other new Tebow fans as well, have faced. It makes us all look very small.

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Actually nut I started this thread after Jags made his thread with all it's nonsense...I'm not even a Broncos fan but I am a fan nonetheless and honestly the Tebow talk has worn a little thin IMO...just my POV after reading his post and yes he has every right to post...ya know we all have an opinion like something else we all have...:laugh:

Maybe I shouldn't have started the thread but quite a few Denver fans did agree with me.

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM

nut..settle down..it's Friday...:D

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Again I ask, what difference does it make to you? I don't remember being required to read Jagsbch's posts or forced to respond to Jaxgirl. So what if they have an agenda? I personally LOVE the Tebow stuff (BTW, thanks for making it harder to find.) I seriously don't understand the rudeness and disrespect these two in particular, but other new Tebow fans as well, have faced. It makes us all look very small.

If opinions equal disrespect...then we all need to stop posting...;)

GEM
09-17-2010, 03:16 PM

It is a message board full of opinions. Perhaps if Jagsbch's first few weeks on here were spent discussing things, people wouldn't have such negative feelings on it. Instead, it wasn't discussing. It was Tebow's great, Orton sucks, over and over and over and there was no rhyme or reason to it. There was no discussing it. There was no concern for the Broncos, just put Tebow in because I want him on the field, not because it makes the Broncos truly better, but because he's my guy and I want to see him play.

Why does it matter to me? Because the Broncos are MY team. I don't want a player in, just because he has a cult like following, I want the players in that give MY TEAM a better chance to win. In trying to discuss that with Jagsbch, we were told we were wrong, only because we didn't agree with him. Arrogance is hard to swallow. He wouldn't listen to opposing views. He hit a lot of nerves.

I want to love Tebow, and I'm sure in time, I will....because he's a Denver Bronco. It's the same thing, just in reverse.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I think GEM wrapped it up perfectly - ANY Bronco fan - NEW OR EXISTING, is more than welcome on BF. For NEW Bronco fans, if a particular player brought them here - GREAT - however, there is a DIFFERENCE between a new Bronco fan, and a fan of one player ONLY.

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Not liking someone is no reason to be rude to them. At least that's what I was taught.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Not liking someone is no reason to be rude to them. At least that's what I was taught.

Not sure where you are getting "not liking someone". That has nothing to do with people posting in regards to a Broncos Fan, versus being a fan of one player only on the Broncos:confused:

GEM
09-17-2010, 03:28 PM

And I was taught that if you are discussing things, you allow the other person to have an opinion. You listen.

I was also taught that arrogance never gets you very far in life.

I don't quite get where you are coming up with not liking. I don't have any personal issues with Jagsbch, he seems like a nice enough guy with a great looking family, who lives a Christian life and does the right things in life.

I just didn't like some of his actions, didn't mean I don't like him.

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magnanimity?show=0&t=1284755259

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM

I think you need to pipe down and do the happy dance :dance:

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I think you need to pipe down and do the happy dance :dance:

Really? You're asking me to shut up?

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Really? You're asking me to shut up?

oh good lord...is that what you took from my post?

note to myself..don't joke around with GG

GEM
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Magnanimity (derived from the Latin roots magn- great, and anima, soul, literally means greatly generous) is the virtue of being great of mind and heart. It encompasses, usually, a refusal to be petty, a willingness to face danger, and actions for noble purposes.

Refusal to be petty.

You feel it's petty, I don't. See, there's that thing called opinions again. :shrugs:

Next time, stick with 18th century words or later, I was horrible in Shakespeare and all that early English stuff. :laugh:

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
oh good lord...is that what you took from my post?

note to myself..don't joke around with GG

Sorry if I misunderstood, but what does "pipe down" mean to you?

Dreadnought
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM

I understand your point. I am on record as being both excited about Tebow's eventual future here, and of being highly skeptical of Kyle Orton's abilities...however - this board was being in essence Spammed. New threads constantly popping up regarding the same subject matter. Thats not supposed to happen, and its time consuming and irritating to fix it. Unrelated threads were being repeatedly diverted into Tebow threads. It got to be much like a roomfull of people trying to discuss matters with an unruly guy in the middle banging on pots n' pans shouting "Look at ME! Listen to ME!" In short conversation was becoming difficult, and members were getting extremely testy. In some cases some members were admittedly more short tempered than would be ideal, I suspect in part due to frustration.

That is not to say that your overall points about rudeness are invalid in general here. There has been an epidemic of snotty, condescending and sarcastic posts here lately, making the Football forum downright unpleasant at times. I will admit to having gotten irritated and testy a few times myself, more than I should have.

GEM
09-17-2010, 03:42 PM

I think she was trying to take the tone down a few notches and get some of us to relax. I don't think she meant anything offensive by it.

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM

You feel it's petty, I don't. See, there's that thing called opinions again. :shrugs:

But as a mod, you have the power to banish their posts to the hinterland based on your like or dislike of them.

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Don't worry about what it means...I am messing (playing...joking) with you.
I am a pretty laid back person...You don't know me...I will stop messing
with you.

Dreadnought
09-17-2010, 03:44 PM

KCL is from Missouri, and is pretty direct and plainspoken. Never mean spirited though

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
I understand your point. I am on record as being both excited about Tebow's eventual future here, and of being highly skeptical of Kyle Orton's abilities...however - this board was being in essence Spammed. New threads constantly popping up regarding the same subject matter. Thats not supposed to happen, and its time consuming and irritating to fix it. Unrelated threads were being repeatedly diverted into Tebow threads. It got to be much like a roomfull of people trying to discuss matters with an unruly guy in the middle banging on pots n' pans shouting "Look at ME! Listen to ME!" In short conversation was becoming difficult, and members were getting extremely testy. In some cases some members were admittedly more short tempered than would be ideal, I suspect in part due to frustration.

That is not to say that your overall points about rudeness are invalid in general here. There has been an epidemic of snotty, condescending and sarcastic posts here lately, making the Football forum downright unpleasant at times. I will admit to having gotten irritated and testy a few times myself, more than I should have.

Dread you're the man....:beer: As always a good post.

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
JMHO...

If you would not be rooting for the Broncos after one player is traded you are a player fan. I don't care who the player is. If you are a Broncos' fan right now for any reason. :welcome:

GEM
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
But as a mod, you have the power to banish their posts to the hinterland based on your like or dislike of them.

I have not moved a single one of his threads to that area. I do have the power though I haven't used the power on any thread. Furthermore, no one mod can do that on their own. It takes at least 2 mods to come to agreement that a thread has gone so far off of it's initial intent and has gone so far downhill that it needs to be moved, in order to move it. I have not moved a single thread to that area. I also was not one of the voting mods on moving Jags threads.

This has now gone away from just a normal question and answer. This may be a real issue for you. The Black Hole was a forum that was discussed in Town Hall as being something the members wanted. If you feel it is being run incorrectly, please, start a TH thread and we can see if there is a way to make the transition a little clearer.

KCL
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
KCL is from Missouri, and is pretty direct and plainspoken. Never mean spirited though

Yes I am from the show me state...the state where the Kansas City Chiefs play..the team that finally took it to those SD Chargers and their leader
Phyllis...I don't know who started calling him Phyllis but that shit cracks me up.
It's time to put the Chargers in the basement...:beer:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Jeepers, I love the Broncos OK!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious about wanting to study 1 player at a time.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a game on Sunday. DT is suppose to be healthy enough to play (hope we are not putting him in too early). After studying Royal, I will pick on another player to love, lets say I choose and then after the game I will assess the player. But, I love Royal now. I can hear the chants: Royal, Royal, Royal!!!!!!!

I always heard that Col. was Gods Country, I have only seen pictures of the beautiful place, would love to visit. We here have 2 seasons: Very Hot: Very Cold (6 weeks of bitter wet cold).

Anyway common guys and lets get pumped for the game on Sunday. I want to see a little more protection for the QB and I want to see Orton release the ball quicker. Pass Rush, just want to see it. Special Teams, burned last week step up to the plate Sunday............Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:

GEM
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Jeepers, I love the Broncos OK!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious about wanting to study 1 player at a time.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a game on Sunday. DT is suppose to be healthy enough to play (hope we are not putting him in too early). After studying Royal, I will pick on another player to love, lets say I choose and then after the game I will assess the player. But, I love Royal now. I can hear the chants: Royal, Royal, Royal!!!!!!!

I always heard that Col. was Gods Country, I have only seen pictures of the beautiful place, would love to visit. We here have 2 seasons: Very Hot: Very Cold (6 weeks of bitter wet cold).

Anyway common guys and lets get pumped for the game on Sunday. I want to see a little more protection for the QB and I want to see Orton release the ball quicker. Pass Rush, just want to see it. Special Teams, burned last week step up to the plate Sunday............Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:

Nothing I have said today was in relation to you. People asked things and I answered.

Anywho....I hope Royal can play. He hasn't practiced much this week due to an injury. :(

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Nothing I have said today was in relation to you. People asked things and I answered.

Anywho....I hope Royal can play. He hasn't practiced much this week due to an injury. :(

Royal was not on the list of players who did not practice today, so hopefully he will be ok, and will be able to play Sunday.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Yea, I read that too. I hope Royal can play. I do want to see the ST step up to the plate this week. We must see more pass rushing. We must be more aggressive getting to the QB. The problems we had last week can be fixed. We could and should have won that game. We Lost It. That is ok if we come back strong this week.

Go Broncos beat SeaChickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Nomad
09-17-2010, 04:38 PM
BRONCO Bandwagoner here...class of 88!!:D Thank you JE!!:lol:

GO BRONCOS!!

GEM
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Yea, I read that too. I hope Royal can play. I do want to see the ST step up to the plate this week. We must see more pass rushing. We must be more aggressive getting to the QB. The problems we had last week can be fixed. We could and should have won that game. We Lost It. That is ok if we come back strong this week.

Go Broncos beat SeaChickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

The ST was giving me absolute fits last week!! There is absolutely no reason for a guy to get midfield just about every time they get the ball!!!

Does anyone know if Syd'Quan is activated for the games? It might be worth it to put him in on returns and see what he can do in comparison to Cox.

KCL
09-17-2010, 04:47 PM
BRONCO Bandwagoner here...class of 88!!:D Thank you JE!!:lol:

GO BRONCOS!!

You need to pipe down too Nomad.:D

love
the evil step sister
:hug:

GGMoogly
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
:focus:

...There has been an epidemic of snotty, condescending and sarcastic posts here lately, making the Football forum downright unpleasant at times....

That's what I'm saying.

...And now I'll shut up.

Dzone
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I dont want to give away my age, but I clearly remember when we thought Don Horn was the savior at QB after tensi,(LOL) then came hufnagel, then craig penrose, matt robinson, Norris weese,(I may have the order wrong) Craig morton, steve deberg...then Elway as a bronco on the cover of sports illustrated!!!!..I went off to college in Texas and had the Rocky Mountain News mailed to me down there. I just couldnt get enough of the broncos and I still cant...Do I criticize mcdaniels for some ridiculous moves? Yes...Do I get accused by people on here of not being a true fan? yes..LOL...Evidently, some fine folks on here think criticizing anything to do with the team is HERESY!hahahaha...Just think how boring it would be on here if all we did was say how wonderful everything is with this team...Zzzzzzzz

Anyway, it is perfectly normal to become a fan of a team because of ONE player...Tebow has that effect on people and there is nothing wrong with that...we should be glad that people have become bronco fans strictly because of Tebow. Nothing wrong with that at all. I remember growing up and becoming a san diego chargers fan because of Johnny U!!!!!....Then I became a n LA Rams fan because of Joe Namath...I liked the 49ers because of Montana and Young, now I couldnt care less about the 49ers..so welcome aboard Tebow fans! This guy is awesome and I am dam glad he is a Bronco!!!!!

KCL
09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I dont want to give away my age, but I clearly remember when we thought Don Horn was the savior at QB after tensi,(LOL) then came hufnagel, then craig penrose, matt robinson, Norris weese,(I may have the order wrong) Craig morton, steve deberg...then Elway as a bronco on the cover of sports illustrated!!!!..I went off to college in Texas and had the Rocky Mountain News mailed to me down there. I just couldnt get enough of the broncos and I still cant...Do I criticize mcdaniels for some ridiculous moves? Yes...Do I get accused by people on here of not being a true fan? yes..LOL...Evidently, some fine folks on here think criticizing anything to do with the team is HERESY!hahahaha...Just think how boring it would be on here if all we did was say how wonderful everything is with this team...Zzzzzzzz

Anyway, it is perfectly normal to become a fan of a team because of ONE player...Tebow has that effect on people and there is nothing wrong with that...we should be glad that people have become bronco fans strictly because of Tebow. Nothing wrong with that at all. I remember growing up and becoming a san diego chargers fan because of Johnny U!!!!!....Then I became a n LA Rams fan because of Joe Namath...I liked the 49ers because of Montana and Young, now I couldnt care less about the 49ers..so welcome aboard Tebow fans! This guy is awesome and I am dam glad he is a Bronco!!!!!

how old are you? Please tell me in a PM...Now ...:D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Many of us have acknowledged what you said, which I bolded. What we find disturting is when someone finds UNJUSTIFIED fault with Orton - i.e. stating he lost the game Sunday, to promote nothing more than Tebow agenda - he should be the starter. That is all some of us are saying.

KCL
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
well since we're getting all touchy,warm and fuzzy...:lol: You can read this or skip it...I was born and raised in Kansas City.I grew up in a home where my dad and brother watched the Chiefs...and zone I am back from a time when there were no cable channels...we had like 4 channels...all local and they televised the Chiefs.

I didn't watch football then,back in the Dawson/Stram days..I was just a kid..I started when I met my husband in 1981...Bill Kenney was the QB..My husband taught me how to understand the game and I have loved it ever since.

I have always been a Chiefs fan and always will be.I have had some favorite players..not anyone specific..but loved Albert Lewis,Deron Cherry,Stephone Paige,JJ Birden and one of my favorite corners who I think never got the recognition he deserved was James Hasty.

Also having Joe Montana as our QB was very exciting ..and there are many others who I have enjoyed watching...the late Derrick Thomas..Tony Gonzales and many more.

I love football...it can be exciting..I love the nail biter games...it can also be frustrating but I love it and I love the Kansas City Chiefs.

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
How many of Elways records can we expect Tebow to break, as a Bronco that is?

Which ones?

BroncoNut
09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Do you know who Paul Ernster is?

He was a badass

JaxBroncoGirl
09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
how old are you? Please tell me in a PM...Now ...:D

Well I grew up without a team (college only) UF. I remember on Sundays my dad and I would watch football and he would explain the game to me. I was about 12. I started off watching Brian Greese playing for the Dolphins (that was our only team at the time). I remember the steel curtain and Terry Bradshaw. I remember when you could beat up the QB during the games. I remember Green Bay some game that had so much snow on the ground you could not see where you were on the field. Basically, I really grew up watching the Gators. Never really caught on to the Jaguars. Now, I am very serious about the Broncos, the tradition and all that comes with it. I heard that Colorado has one of the largest Gator Clubs in the country (Florida graduates love to move there). Anyway, the Broncos is the first team I have really adopted and want to know about all the players. It is not just Tebow, it is the fans and the organization. So as I said before: Go Broncos beat Seachickens!!!!!!!!!!!!

KCL
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Well I grew up without a team (college only) UF. I remember on Sundays my dad and I would watch football and he would explain the game to me. I was about 12. I started off watching Brian Greese playing for the Dolphins (that was our only team at the time). I remember the steel curtain and Terry Bradshaw. I remember when you could beat up the QB during the games. I remember Green Bay some game that had so much snow on the ground you could not see where you were on the field. Basically, I really grew up watching the Gators. Never really caught on to the Jaguars. Now, I am very serious about the Broncos, the tradition and all that comes with it. I heard that Colorado has one of the largest Gator Clubs in the country (Florida graduates love to move there). Anyway, the Broncos is the first team I have really adopted and want to know about all the players. It is not just Tebow, it is the fans and the organization. So as I said before: Go Broncos beat Seachickens!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was asking Dzone but thank you;)..actually I was just kidding around when I asked that.

Dzone
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I was a freshman in high school when Louis Wright was drafted and I rmember sitting in the back of English class arguing with my friends saying "Who is Louis Wright? Never even heard of him. How stupid of them to draft such a no name" ..LOL..true story

Dzone
09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
In my travels, I found that most Canadian Football fans like the Broncos. At least the ones Ive met. I can remember being away at seminars and the canadians wearing their bronco jerseys on game day. That was cool. Tebow has definitely drawn more followers to the Broncos. If people want to criticize them and say they aren't true fans, well, that's just wrong...and whoever used the word CONDESCENDING, thats a very apt word for the way some people act with regards to their Higher degree of Bronco patronage...snooty is another good word that. Just because I suffered through Don Horn and Steve ramsey doesnt make me a better fan than anyone else..

Dzone
09-17-2010, 09:00 PM
OH, BTW, Don Horn was drafted #1, as a SDiegoState All American by Vince Lombardi in 1967. When He was traded to denver in 71, people thought he was our SAVIOR!!!hahaha

Dzone
09-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow...I feel old! I was born in Denver (wish I still lived there) and began my love of the team when Charley Johnson was the QB. Not because of him, but because the Broncos were my home town team.
hah, I think I forgot charley johnson...Hey does anyone remember John Ralston running onto the field with the kicking team and hollering "Now go down there and knock somebodies jock off!!!!"...I swear, he said that..NFL films has it

I Eat Staples
09-17-2010, 09:37 PM

I don't like anyone of you, you're all just walls of text. :mad:

Northman
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM

If you thought thats how message boards work you need to buy a clue mate. :lol:

Northman
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM

Thats a serious stretch.

Northman
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
JMHO...

If you would not be rooting for the Broncos after one player is traded you are a player fan. I don't care who the player is. If you are a Broncos' fan right now for any reason. :welcome:

Yep. Sorry, i have zero respect for any person who only follows players around and roots for just players. If not one can handle that than too ******* bad. But there's a huge difference in my opinion to Jaxgirl as opposed to Jagsbich. Jaxgirl spends time endorsing and supporting the team while the other spends a lot of time focusing on one player and that he should be playing regardless of the team's performance. Im here through thick and thin and if Tebow is traded i will still be here regardless.

KCL
09-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Yep. Sorry, i have zero respect for any person who only follows players around and roots for just players. If not one can handle that than too ******* bad. But there's a huge difference in my opinion to Jaxgirl as opposed to Jagsbich. Jaxgirl spends time endorsing and supporting the team while the other spends a lot of time focusing on one player and that he should be playing regardless of the team's performance. Im here through thick and thin and if Tebow is traded i will still be here regardless.

I hear you North...I loved Tony Gonzales...hell every Chiefs fan did...I was a KC fan long before the Chiefs signed him.I still am pissed that things couldn't have been worked out between him and the Chiefs (but that's for another time).
When he was traded to Atlanta..I sure wasn't going to switch teams because of him..although I like to keep up on how he's doing there.

horsepig
09-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Way to many folks are hung up on why folks join up and who their fav is.

Raise your hand if Y'all joined the Broncos because of one player or another, or if you became a fan after they won the super bowls and got a lot of hype.

I'll bet more folks became fans because of John and the super bowl wins than for any other reason. And because of that they are still here.

It was the same for PIT and NE fans. because they are consistent winner they have fans.

Same went for the cowgirls when they were winning. locally when they are not the fans disappear.

I"m glad Tebow was drafted it will add to the cause of DEN and those few clowns that are just Tebow fans for now might just buy into the rest of the team. Because that is what Josh is building. TEAM.

UNLESS yo were born in Colorado There are very few fans that just started out liking the Broncos because they were there. almost all of out out of town fans came on board for another reason than the inbreeds did.

I'm an inbreed who about crapped my pants as a kid watching Floyd Little and guys like Rich "Tombstone" Jackson. BTW, I had more fun watching games at the old stadium, oh well, getting old.

My mom-in-law gave me tee-shirt with an old squirrel, with a cane and thick glasses, saying, "Crap. I'm so old I can't remember where my nuts are!".

horsepig
09-18-2010, 01:12 AM
well since we're getting all touchy,warm and fuzzy...:lol: You can read this or skip it...I was born and raised in Kansas City.I grew up in a home where my dad and brother watched the Chiefs...and zone I am back from a time when there were no cable channels...we had like 4 channels...all local and they televised the Chiefs.

I didn't watch football then,back in the Dawson/Stram days..I was just a kid..I started when I met my husband in 1981...Bill Kenney was the QB..My husband taught me how to understand the game and I have loved it ever since.

I have always been a Chiefs fan and always will be.I have had some favorite players..not anyone specific..but loved Albert Lewis,Deron Cherry,Stephone Paige,JJ Birden and one of my favorite corners who I think never got the recognition he deserved was James Hasty.

Also having Joe Montana as our QB was very exciting ..and there are many others who I have enjoyed watching...the late Derrick Thomas..Tony Gonzales and many more.

I love football...it can be exciting..I love the nail biter games...it can also be frustrating but I love it and I love the Kansas City Chiefs.

Real nice post KCL. Sorry you missed Hank, he was a keeper. Buck Buchannon and Willy Lanier come to mind, as well as Mike Garrett and even ex-Bronco Cookie "Lookie lookie here comes Cookie" Gilchrist.

The Chefs have always (well, at least since '76) been one my favorite rivals.
Great, and I mean great fans, and a class organization from the original AFL.

LRtagger
09-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Look what you started KCL. You should be ashamed of yourself.

GGMoogly
09-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Many of us have acknowledged what you said, which I bolded. What we find disturting is when someone finds UNJUSTIFIED fault with Orton - i.e. stating he lost the game Sunday, to promote nothing more than Tebow agenda - he should be the starter. That is all some of us are saying.

I know what you find disturbing. How some of you react to that is with what I'm taking issue. Since making my earlier comments, I have been made aware by certain parties of the extant to which some (one) of the new fans violated forum rules and ignored repeated mod requests. I have no problems with any disciplinary actions they've taken. What I find disturbing is the constant and consistent "ganging up on the new kid(s)" complete with snide comments and bullying behavior. This is NOT good natured bantering. Don't we all have an "ignore" option. Again, who does it harm if someone follows only one player, as long as he's a Bronco? Obviously, even fans of division rivals are welcome here, but because of irrational thinking ("Everybody loves Tebow, so therefore I hate him"), the childish element is not only allowed to continue, but encouraged. If that is what you want, then okay, but I'm a little disappointed.

If you thought thats how message boards work you need to buy a clue mate. :lol:

Really... what the hell was I thinking? :whoknows:

Again, with all due respect, who cares who you respect? Ignore him. Don't read his stuff. Don't respond to him. Is it really that hard? It's just that the relentless bitching and moaning about this guy is worse than what he's actually saying.

Nomad
09-18-2010, 08:19 AM

K C L!!!!(in a James Earl Jones voice):D:lol:

You're awesome!!

Is it snowing up there yet, GG??

Dzone
09-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Again, with all due respect, who cares who you respect? Ignore him. Don't read his stuff. Don't respond to him. Is it really that hard? It's just that the relentless bitching and moaning about this guy is worse than what he's actually saying.

I totally agree. This is probably the best bronco discussion board around. 95% of the people are very cool...I really think it is petty to dislike someone because they are a fan of a player and not the whole team...geezo...(biting my tongue)
And hating on someone for voicing an opinion? Isnt that the whole reason for a discussion board? Isnt it possible to disagree without being disagreeable? Or at least without being a total jerk?
Personally, I would rather watch Tebow, strictly from an entertainment standpoint. At the same time, Orton has been impressive. If he keeps it up, Tebow might end up sitting for a while like that guy in green bay did.

broncosinindy
09-18-2010, 08:33 AM

I became a Denver Broncos fan when they drafted Elway. What usually happens is we come for one and end up loving all. I think GEM said it best earlier when she siad right now Orton is te answer and i back him... But tebow is the future.. and i like him too. More so since learningmore about him. I just likes the way he carries himself

BroncoDiva87
09-18-2010, 08:36 AM

I know there is Probably some people who would "jump ship" if Tebow was traded or left..

I for one would not...

While I was ecstatic that we drafted him, and Im glad he's a Bronco, I cant really say that I am "Totally sold out" on him just yet.

I have been a Bronco fan all my life and I have seen alot of QB's come and go ( especially Since Elway) that were just thrown in there , and had ALOT of expectations placed on them (Brian Griese for example, Jay Cutler is another) and floundered and floped... I dont want this to happen to Tebow.. I am content to wait it out... and let him mature and develop..
& enjoy Kyle orton in the Meantime! :cool:

I Still enjoy sticking it to Bears fans by asking them how their Qb is doing Compared to ours:laugh:

Northman
09-18-2010, 08:38 AM

Than dont read what we post? I mean, if the shoe fits GG wear it. Nothing better than some dude crying about other people crying. Classic.

Nomad
09-18-2010, 08:54 AM
You know, I remember watching NFL football on Sunday's every now and then as a kid but until my high school years did I pay more attention (not as much as some here)and one of my high school coaches was a big Elway fan! As a kid, Sunday's were going to church, eating at grandparents house for lunch, playing backyard football with friends/cousins and going hunting! On Sat, we had our pee-wee games in the morning and watching college football, perhaps a backyard football game and after pee wee league was over....hunting! In Jr high games were played during the week!

We were in the Oilers market so I saw very few BRONCO games other than playoffs or playing the Oilers! Each to their own how they become a fan! My sons (13 &12) have been BRONCO fans since birth, but they rarely watch a game with me because they're outside with friends playing football or whatever!! I asked my oldest the other day why he doesn't watch and he said it's fun playing but boring watching but he likes the BRONCOS!!:lol:

GGMoogly
09-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Than dont read what we post? I mean, if the shoe fits GG wear it. Nothing better than some dude crying about other people crying. Classic.

touché :fight:

GGMoogly
09-18-2010, 09:34 AM
touché :fight:

But then again, he's not bitching about you guys. He's bitching about Orton.

Northman
09-18-2010, 09:39 AM
But then again, he's not bitching about you guys. He's bitching about Orton.

Which is all fine but then again, when your agenda is one player people will criticize and poke holes through those "articles" he writes. He simply cannot be taken seriously by a lot of people and because of that his character and credibility comes into question. Ive seen many people criticize Orton but never to the extent that this guy goes too. Jags is really no better than a rival troll/smacktalker and thus gets a lot of heat for it. Big deal, he's a big boy.

GGMoogly
09-18-2010, 09:43 AM

Is it snowing up there yet, GG??

Not yet. It's been a beautiful fall - Sunny days in the 60s, dropping into the 40s at night, clear skies and lots of auroral activity. But it won't be long before winter's here and everyone knows it.

GGMoogly
09-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Which is all fine but then again, when your agenda is one player people will criticize and poke holes through those "articles" he writes. He simply cannot be taken seriously by a lot of people and because of that his character and credibility comes into question. Ive seen many people criticize Orton but never to the extent that this guy goes too. Jags is really no better than a rival troll/smacktalker and thus gets a lot of heat for it. Big deal, he's a big boy.

I understand what you're saying and I understand why he gets on people's nerves. And while I agree that it's fun and healthy to criticize Jag's credibility, I don't think it's fair to go after the man's character unless you know more about him than we do. He is a big boy and he can take care of himself, but my original point was more general in nature (despite mentioning him and jaxgirl) and that concerns what I see as a pattern of shabby treatment to the newbies. If you don't consider yourself one of those, okay, then ignore what I'm saying. You're not one of those that I had in mind when I originally posted. But there are others...

...and I have no other point than "Fie on them". So there.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Man no wonder my ears were burning........... can we just get along? Today is college football day and Sunday is Bronco day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see Thomas on the field Sunday, Oh and my new man Royal. ;)

KCL
09-18-2010, 11:00 AM

I know..I'm such a bitch!!!

KCL
09-18-2010, 11:13 AM
What I find disturbing is the constant and consistent "ganging up on the new kid(s)" complete with snide comments and bullying behavior. This is NOT good natured bantering. Don't we all have an "ignore" option. Again, who does it harm if someone follows only one player, as long as he's a Bronco? Obviously, even fans of division rivals are welcome here, but because of irrational thinking ("Everybody loves Tebow, so therefore I hate him"), the childish element is not only allowed to continue, but encouraged. If that is what you want, then okay, but I'm a little disappointed.

First of all if someone is being bullied..there is a report button... admin and mods are fair as long as you're not getting disagreeing confused with bullying.

Where is it encouraged to be a bully...IMO you're making more out of this than what it is actually is...now if I'm wrong and I could very well be...report the post you deem as bullying.

KCL
09-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Man no wonder my ears were burning........... can we just get along? Today is college football day and Sunday is Bronco day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see Thomas on the field Sunday, Oh and my new man Royal. ;)

Not be offensive but if you've grown tired of this thread...best to stay out of it and to anyone else who feels that way.I have had to take myself away from threads because after awhile...it dawned on me...it wasn't worth my time...this is JMO and I'm NOT attacking you or anyone else.

There is a college thread to discuss the games and also the Broncos game thread will be really busy tomorrow.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Not be offensive but if you've grown tired of this thread...best to stay out of it and to anyone else who feels that way.I have had to take myself away from threads because after awhile...it dawned on me...it wasn't worth my time...this is JMO and I'm NOT attacking you or anyone else.

There is a college thread to discuss the games and also the Broncos game thread will be really busy tomorrow.

Ain't that real nice? If you only knew what that really means.............................:noidea:

KCL
09-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Ain't that real nice? If you only knew what that really means.............................:noidea:
You know what? I'm not even gonna go there with you...take from my post what you want...I don't try to offend anyone...if you are
offended then you're offended.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I didn't become a Broncos fan because of any player.

I have this man to thank.

EUfv-tAfXn4

I kid you not this man told me to support the Broncos so I did. So when Timmy Mallett decides to change teams I'll :flybye: with him.

I actually think that Timmy was ahead of his time as he foresaw us drafting Tim Tebow and then later drafting Ryan Mallett and decided to change his name by deed poll. To keep us guessing who would be number 1 though he chose the name Timmy Mallett. He's got a good record though, before being called Timmy Mallett his name was John Marino. So fingers crossed.

KCL
09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Manchester..which one was you? The kid on the left or right?

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Manchester..which one was you? The kid on the left or right?

:D

I never got on the show unfortunately.

Although like the rest of the kids in the country at that time I recreated the game with my younger siblings. Except we didn't have a Mallet's Mallet to use so we had to compromise :viking:

KCL
09-18-2010, 06:38 PM
:D

I never got on the show unfortunately.

Although like the rest of the kids in the country at that time I recreated the game with my younger siblings. Except we didn't have a Mallet's Mallet to use so we had to compromise :viking:

That's awesome...ahh to be a kid again....:D I work with kids and I love it.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-18-2010, 06:58 PM
That's awesome...ahh to be a kid again....:D I work with kids and I love it.

Everyone was at it. It would costs everyones parents a fortune in plasters (wait you don't call it plasters do you, band aids?) It would also inevitably end in tears (and trips to hospital) with some of the things we would use in lieu of having the Mallett.

Timmy Mallett actually went on tour around British Universities a couple of years ago recreating their youth with his Mallet's Mallet :D

oIeizHQndmk

I thank my lucky stars that he was a Bronco and not a Raider.

I Eat Staples
09-18-2010, 10:15 PM
I hear you North...I loved Tony Gonzales...hell every Chiefs fan did...I was a KC fan long before the Chiefs signed him.I still am pissed that things couldn't have been worked out between him and the Chiefs (but that's for another time).
When he was traded to Atlanta..I sure wasn't going to switch teams because of him..although I like to keep up on how he's doing there.

Same as me with Brandon Marshall, although he obviously wasn't a Bronco nearly as long as Tony was a Chief. He was my favorite NFL player for two years though. :salute:

The Dolphins are now my second favorite team. :D

lgenf
09-20-2010, 08:59 AM
OMG I cannot believe some of the comments on this thread - this is too funny

Ok so let me see if this is what I understand so far:

Lifelong Broncos fans are happy Tebow is here, but could care less if he left tomorrow they would still be fans - ummmmm isn't that exactly what we would expect?

Us newbees that came here because of Tebow are (some on here feel) we are welcome as long as we become diehard Broncos fans within two weeks of getting to know the team.

And some on here feel that we are welcome even if it is just a short lived thing.....

Ok I get it now - so I should buy the Broncos Jersey with 15 for my wife and I or not yet???

Oh and for those of you DIE HARDS that had so many wonderful comments about that Jagsbch person - HE DIDN"T EVEN CHIME IN ON THIS THREAD SO WHY ARE YOU GIVING HIM POWER STILL

Northman
09-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh and for those of you DIE HARDS that had so many wonderful comments about that Jagsbch person - HE DIDN"T EVEN CHIME IN ON THIS THREAD SO WHY ARE YOU GIVING HIM POWER STILL

He's probably still pissed that Orton is lighting it up. Nothing more for him to bitch about this week.