PDA

View Full Version : Stats are fun!

CANHawk
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
lifted from NFL.com

HORSEPOWER 56
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
lifted from NFL.com

It's a shame the only stats that matter are W/L, huh? Take it from fans who know the "boost" a new HC can bring. The Seahawks aren't some great team all of a sudden, it's just that nobody had tape on them yet. Why do think the Broncos went 6-0 to start then 2-8 down the stretch last year? After a few weeks, everyone will have tape on Seattle's new look and the wins will fall off rapidly as the lack of talent catches up with you.

Denver knows this from EXPERIENCE.

CANHawk
09-15-2010, 06:26 PM
It's a shame the only stats that matter are W/L, huh? Take it from fans who know the "boost" a new HC can bring. The Seahawks aren't some great team all of a sudden, it's just that nobody had tape on them yet. Why do think the Broncos went 6-0 to start then 2-8 down the stretch last year? After a few weeks, everyone will have tape on Seattle's new look and the wins will fall off rapidly as the lack of talent catches up with you.

Denver knows this from EXPERIENCE.

Like these wins and losses!? :D
http://www.nfl.com/standings

Sorry, I'm just having a little fun being full of myself.

Yes, that is a very real concern for us and the "Josh McDaniels phenomanon" gets kicked around often. But I think coach Pete is different. Cat knows how to win. He has a system he believes in and now has the authority to impliment his system the way he wants in the NFL; he never had that before (and he still had a winning record as an NFL HC btw).

He went 97-19 at SC, won 7 Pac 10 titles and 2 national championships. That's some resume. NC double A-holes sanctions be damned. Josh McD used to get Belichick coffee. I don't think Carroll = McDaniels is an equal comparison.

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Here's a good stat for ya... Enjoy!! :elefant:

Head-to-Head Franchise Records

Opponent W L T W-L% Tm Opp
Denver Broncos 18 33 0 .353 997 1191

HORSEPOWER 56
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, that is a very real concern for us and the "Josh McDaniels phenomanon" gets kicked around often. But I think coach Pete is different. Cat knows how to win. He has a system he believes in and now has the authority to impliment his system the way he wants in the NFL; he never had that before (and he still had a winning record as an NFL HC btw).

He was a winner in college. In the Pros he was fired 2 times? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he previously coached the Pats and Jets. Nick Saban was (and still is) a winner in college, Steve Spurrier is, etc... see the connection?

CANHawk
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Here's a good stat for ya... Enjoy!! :elefant:

Head-to-Head Franchise Records

Opponent W L T W-L% Tm Opp
Denver Broncos 18 33 0 .353 997 1191

Yeah, but John Elway doesn't play for you anymore and the 90's are over... :listen:

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah, but John Elway doesn't play for you anymore and the 90's are over... :listen:

Your right but we still own you. :nod:

KCL
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
lifted from NFL.com

Is that how they spell "offense" on NFL.com

T.K.O.
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM

yeah and matt hasslebech is no john elway !;)

if college stats matter...look out cuz we gots the tebow !

Northman
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Trolling trolling trolling, keep your mothers trolling.

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Seahawks will not win more than 6 games. Come back at the end of the year and talk to me.

roomemp
09-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Like these wins and losses!? :D
http://www.nfl.com/standings

Sorry, I'm just having a little fun being full of myself.

He went 97-19 at SC, won 7 Pac 10 titles and 2 national championships. That's some resume. NC double A-holes sanctions be damned. Josh McD used to get Belichick coffee. I don't think Carroll = McDaniels is an equal comparison.

I miss Seattle being in the AFC West. 2 easy wins every year like clockwork

atwater27
09-15-2010, 07:33 PM
That is one UGLY ASS jersey. What is that, puke green or baby shit green?

girler
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
:listen: And WHY is it Seattle fans are so rabid against the Broncos? Methinks the memory of Elway's smackdowns are still more painful than they pretend. :salute:

I Eat Staples
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
That is one UGLY ASS jersey. What is that, puke green or baby shit green?

If he wears it at night, even Donte Stallworth wouldn't hit him.

KCL
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I miss Seattle being in the AFC West. 2 easy wins every year like clockwork

It seems odd now to think they were in our division at one time..I did like
Dave Krieg...dude had a long career.

gnomeflinger
09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
If he wears it at night, even Donte Stallworth wouldn't hit him.

Oooohhh Snap! :salute:

CANHawk
09-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Is that how they spell "offense" on NFL.com

Naw, that was me. I'm Canadian, I spell shit weird (queen's English and all that garbage).

Mr. Horsepower; for every comparison to Saban, Spurrier, there's always the other side of the coin w/ Jimmy Johnson & Barry Switzer who have won super bowls after coming up from college. There is a precedent for college guys coming up and having success (they don't all flop).

Difference between Carroll and the college to NFL failures is that Carroll started out in the NFL and went to college, and now he's coming back; so he knows what he's doing in this league. The other guys, perhaps not s'much.

FWIW, if you read up on the back story, Pete didn't really get a fair shot w/ the Pats or the Jets. He was the coach, but had no say in personnel. That's like not letting a chef choose their own ingredients. Bob Kraft has actually said publicly he regrets having fired Pete. And IIRC, he has a SB ring as DC of the 9'ers in 94.

...and don't hate on the neon baby. We're so awesome we glow in the dark! :cool: