PDA

View Full Version : 1st Place in AFC West after Week 8

MasterShake
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
If a crazy first week in the NFL teaches us anything, its that the first week in the NFL is crazy. Just to put a little perspective on our loss, lets not forget the pre-ordained AFC West Champion Chargers got beat up by a fiesty Chiefs team last night. So who is gonna be in first place after week 8? I think this division is up for grabs this year personally. I kind of picked week 8 because I think thats when we will see seperation but the races can still be close enough for uncertainty.

Northman
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I still think it will be the Chargeless.

MasterShake
09-14-2010, 11:30 AM

Yeah, probably. Last night was an anomoly with a bunch of factors against them, but the same could be said for the Broncos. Nice to see the division maybe tightening up though.

silkamilkamonico
09-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Chargers.

IMHO, Chiefs look improved but will still lose games they shouldn't.

Oakland and Denver don't impress me much at all right now, in fact, I think they both are 2 blah teams at this point who will be in for a real struggle every week regardless of who they play.

underrated29
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I went chargers but only because of week 8 time line.

I think we are around a .500 club until week 8 exactly. That is when our schedule softens up and we run the tables. So at week 8 they are in control but after week 8 it will be all us.

(after week 8, the bolts get tougher teams, we get easier teams and both of our teams flip flop how they finish the season)

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I think the Chargers have an easier schedule than we do. We play the Ravens and Jets and they get the Patriots and Bengals. We also have the joy of flying out to London this year.

MasterShake
09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I went chargers but only because of week 8 time line.

I think we are around a .500 club until week 8 exactly. That is when our schedule softens up and we run the tables. So at week 8 they are in control but after week 8 it will be all us.

(after week 8, the bolts get tougher teams, we get easier teams and both of our teams flip flop how they finish the season)

Thats a great point. It would be nice to see a strong finish for once. I'd love to leapfrog the Chargers like they have done to us the past few years.

MasterShake
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I think the Chargers have an easier schedule than we do. We play the Ravens and Jets and they get the Patriots and Bengals. We also have the joy of flying out to London this year.

The Jets are as overrated as the Bengals right now IMO, but both dangerous teams. I think its a wash in some ways. There is no "gimme" game, ask the Chargers.

claymore
09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I think its a race of onelegged blind men. Whoever lucks to the finsish line first wins. I will say whoever gets the playoff spot is one and done.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
The Jets are as overrated as the Bengals right now IMO, but both dangerous teams. I think its a wash in some ways. There is no "gimme" game, ask the Chargers.
The Jets have no offense, but their defense is stout. We do better against offensive teams than defensive teams IMO.

Nomad
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM

That does look brutal, but I'll go with the BRONCOS just to be a homer!! And my other homer pick is we'll win in Baltimore against the Ravens for the first time by 2 scores and finally win in Europe!!:drinking::D

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I think its a race of onelegged blind men. Whoever lucks to the finsish line first wins. I will say whoever gets the playoff spot is one and done.
Well, yea. Until any of these teams in the AFC West are powerhouses on both sides of the ball, they are pretenders. I still think SD is the closest, but they are fading rapidly.

Northman
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM

I still want that spot just because it would show me progress. If not, well you know.... :lol:

MasterShake
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM

Thats true. The AFC West aint what it used to be... :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Chargers are still the top of the heap. As of right now, none of the offenses for the rest have shown squat. At least KC's Defense looked tough in their first game. Those top pick DTs are finally showing something.

claymore
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Well, yea. Until any of these teams in the AFC West are powerhouses on both sides of the ball, they are pretenders. I still think SD is the closest, but they are fading rapidly.

That team has went thru some talent in the past couple years. Brees, Tomlinson alone... Most teams could have gotten to the SB with those 2 alone.

BigDaddyBronco
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
That team has went thru some talent in the past couple years. Brees, Tomlinson alone... Most teams could have gotten to the SB with those 2 alone.

I think I would be more pissed if I was a Chargers fan than where we are. With what they had, they just laid a big FAIL egg.

slim
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
I think I would be more pissed if I was a Chargers fan than where we are. With what they had, they just laid a big FAIL egg.

Charger fans are used to failure, so that is not really a fair comparison.

arapaho2
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM
between the broncos and chargers with the bolts getting the edge

KC has the makeings of a special defense with romeo at the helm..they have a great special teams on the rise

thier hold back from being a contender and last place is cassell..he flat out sucks...and i thank GOd mcd didnt get his wish and trade cutler for him

the raiders just seem to take one step forward and one stepback...improving in one phase,down gradeing at another

Thnikkaman
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Voted the homer route, and damn proud of it.

KCL
09-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I have no idea...I'll wait til after week 8 and vote..:lol:

I Eat Staples
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Chargers, especially with the schedule. They let one get away against an opportunistic Chiefs team, but they're still the most talented team in the AFC West by far, and they have an incredibly easy first 6 games.

Chiefs looked improved defensively, but realistically they had a good game and made the most of opportunities, they aren't very good at all. Oakland got embarrassed, I was expecting more from them but they look like the same scrubs we're used to. Denver is sort of up in the air, but we aren't very impressive at all at this point.

I Eat Staples
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
thier hold back from being a contender and last place is cassell..he flat out sucks...and i thank GOd mcd didnt get his wish and trade cutler for him

This is a good post. Cassell is one of the worst 5 QBs in the NFL. Just goes to show how bad McD's scouting abilities are.

TXBRONC
09-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Unfortunately I think you're right.

TXBRONC
09-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I have no idea...I'll wait til after week 8 and vote..:lol:

Ok who will be the division leader after week two?

Day1BroncoFan
09-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I picked the Broncos because I'm a homer and always pick the Broncos.

PAINTERDAVE
10-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Chiefs are the only undefeated team in week 4.

If the Broncos hope to maybe go 8 and 8...
heck , the chiefs only need 4 wins to get there.

They have started out hot... like we did last year.

It will probably take 10 wins to make the playoffs... they are only 6 short of that.

The way the whooped up on us the last game last year... well...

We'll see what happens.

Nomad
10-09-2010, 06:41 AM
There you go KCL!! Chris Berman just said in the last 13 seasons, the last undefeated team has gone to the Superbowl 9 times!!

Jagsbch
10-09-2010, 07:55 AM
We barely have 2 wins, here we are about to go up against what is arguably the No. 1 team in the league, and then 2 more knarly defenses with a potent offense sprinkled in the form of the Jets... Lets not get too far ahead, until we can get past teams without needing the crutch of Officials and a Hail Mary.

This game is going to require every bit of our attention... We have two make or break games coming up, lets at least get past them before grasping straws at midseason conclusions eh? I mean really? Top of the division at this rate? really?:tsk:

broncophan
10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
If Tebow was starting.....Denver would win the division......no contest....and would not lose all season long

Jagsbch
10-09-2010, 08:26 AM
If Tebow was starting.....Denver would win the division......no contest....and would not lose all season long

That sir is the power of the

The PlaTebow Effect~!! (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/486538-the-denver-broncos-platebow-effect-on-the-baltimore-ravens-staring-tim-tebow)

UnderArmour
10-09-2010, 08:33 AM
There you go KCL!! Chris Berman just said in the last 13 seasons, the last undefeated team has gone to the Superbowl 9 times!!

What section will they all be sitting in?

Nomad
10-09-2010, 09:16 AM
What section will they all be sitting in?

That's funny!!:lol:

PAINTERDAVE
10-09-2010, 10:20 AM
We barely have 2 wins, here we are about to go up against what is arguably the No. 1 team in the league, and then 2 more knarly defenses with a potent offense sprinkled in the form of the Jets... Lets not get too far ahead, until we can get past teams without needing the crutch of Officials and a Hail Mary.

This game is going to require every bit of our attention... We have two make or break games coming up, lets at least get past them before grasping straws at midseason conclusions eh? I mean really? Top of the division at this rate? really?:tsk:

If you did not notice... this thread was started a month ago.
I popped it up to make note of the predictions then... compared to the Chefs being undefeated now, at the one quarter mark..

camdisco24
10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
That sir is the power of the

The PlaTebow Effect~!! (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/486538-the-denver-broncos-platebow-effect-on-the-baltimore-ravens-staring-tim-tebow)

That article lost all credibility when the author spelled Orton as "Ortan".... :laugh:

Ravage!!!
10-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Isn't that word a play on "plateau".. meaning you get to a certain level and just stop? Is it saying Tebow has already reached that level? Or is it playing on Placebo, which is a fake pill that makes you feel you are getting something when you aren't.