PDA

View Full Version : Positive Only: Seahawks week - pre-game, in-game and post-game discussion

Tned
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
This is the "Positive Only" thread for all things related to the Broncos/Seahawks game.

This thread is only for people posting positive comments (no bashing of players, coaches or other posters). Anything else will be deleted and multiple infractions may be dealt with more severely (can you say ban??).

If you choose to post in both game-day threads, be SURE you know which one you are in if you post anything but positive comments.

Thanks and Go Broncos!!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Win for us. :nod:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16065828?source=rss

Cornerback Champ Bailey has done a lot of things, matched up with a lot of receivers in his career. He's played his left cornerback spot well enough to go to nine Pro Bowls, five of those with the Broncos.

But Sunday the Broncos showed a new wrinkle with their most decorated defensive back as they put Bailey in the slot — the inside corner position — when they went to their dime package (six defensive backs).

Bailey has lined up almost exclusively on the outside during his career, playing inside only when he matched up exclusively on an opposing receiver no matter where the receiver lined up in the formation.

But Sunday he played out of the slot in the seven snaps the Broncos played in the dime. He also was in a position to rush the passer there, coming up the field for the first time in the game on an incomplete pass from David Garrard to tight end Marcedes Lewis in the first quarter.

It puts Bailey a little closer to the action, near the middle of the field and takes advantage of his one-of-a-kind ball skills and his ability to change direction so smoothly in what is routinely a high-traffic area that demands quick reactions.

But it also puts a rookie — Perrish Cox — in Bailey's left cornerback spot when he enters the game as the sixth defensive back. Nate Jones plays as the Broncos' nickel, or fifth defensive back and he moves to a deep safety position when the team goes to the dime.

So, it will be intriguing as the Broncos go forward to see if opposing quarterbacks attack Cox in the dime because of his inexperience.

Garrard completed 5-of-7 passes against the Broncos' dime look Sunday, but just two of those completions resulted in first downs.

Northman
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I would like it if they put Bailey at FS. Bailey and Dawkins at Safety would be EPIC.

pnbronco
09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks Carol.....

It will be interesting to see how this all works out. It would appear that Cox is on the fast track.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16064555?source=rss

If Tim Tebow is going to see the field this season, Kyle Orton's going to be right there with him.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said today that, barring injury, Orton will stay on the field even in packages where Tebow, the dual-threat rookie out of Florida, would be lined up at quarterback.

"I don't think I have any desire to do that, with Kyle — coming off the field, coming on the field, coming off," McDaniels said. "I don't think that's really something that we're looking to do much of."

Orton played every offensive snap in the Broncos' 24-17 Week 1 loss to Jacksonville Sunday. Tebow rushed the ball twice for 2 yards, and also lined up at receiver as a decoy on occasion.

"It's harder to match personnel, because you're not exactly sure who's going to line up at quarterback and who's not," McDaniels explained. "Again, it was just a portion of the game plan that we wanted to go ahead and put in there. If it gave us some benefits, great."

McDaniels said the game plan in Jacksonville was to not use too much of the two-quarterback backfield.

"Going into the game, we didn't have it as a significant portion of what we were going to do," he said. "We wanted to see how it affected them, and if it gave us some positive plays, we would have stayed in it longer."

Orton completed 21-of-33 passes for 295 yards with a touchdown and an interception. He leads the NFL after the first week of the season with five completions over 25 yards, three of which went to Brandon Lloyd.

"We addressed trying to do more of that in training camp," McDaniels said. "Certainly that is a strength of Brandon's. Brandon Lloyd has kind of a knack for catching those balls down the field on the sideline, which he did yesterday. He did it all training camp and all spring.

"I think our comfort level with those patterns against specific coverages allows Kyle to feel better about doing that, and he did what he's been doing all spring and all training camp, which is try to take advantage of some of those one-on-one matchups."

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/13/mcdaniels-on-wildhorses-only-when-a-rb-takes-the-snap/5152/

Call it what you want, but your language may differ from Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

McDaniels clarified today that he doesn’t consider packages where rookie quarterback Tim Tebow lines up in the shotgun to be part of the team’s Wildhorses formation, which is a variation of the trendy Wildcat offense.

“The Wildhorses would be with a halfback in there,” McDaniels said.

Tebow had two carries for two yards in the Broncos’ Week 1 loss to Jacksonville.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16068581?source=rss

These were the types of blunders expected in August, not September.

Not when the games start to count.

Faulty headsets. A holding penalty on third-and-short. Consecutive face- mask penalties, at 15 yards apiece. Lining up only 10 men on the field on defense. Being forced to call a timeout because the offense is lined up incorrectly.

"Winning is a result of doing a lot of things right," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Monday. "Yesterday, we did some things right. We just didn't do enough of them right."

Add it up, and the litany of mistakes, mental miscues and miscommunication had a tangible effect in the Broncos' 24-17 loss Sunday at Jacksonville.

Wasn't the four-game preseason meant to get those blunders out of the way?

"When you boil it down, that's really how you lose a game. It's the little things," cornerback Champ Bailey said.

Perhaps no gaffe was more glaring than when the Broncos' defense lined up only 10 players against the Jaguars' offense on a second-and-goal play midway through the third quarter. The play resulted in a touchdown that put Jacksonville ahead 14-7.

"We had a substitution issue," McDaniels said.

Here's how that mistake happened:

• Inside linebacker Mario Haggan left the field after the first-down play (a run by Jaguars star Maurice Jones-Drew), and headed to the sideline to talk to trainer Steve Antonopulos.

• To replace Haggan, reserve linebacker Joe Mays came on the field at the same time Denver coaches called in the nickel package, with five defensive backs and only two defensive linemen, which sent Kevin Vickerson and Jason Hunter off the field.

• Nickel pass rusher Jarvis Moss had come on the field but ran off, perhaps in a miscommunication after seeing Mays in the huddle. No one replaced Moss.

• And no one — not linebacker D.J. Williams, the defensive player in radio communication with the coaches, not the coaches watching from the booth or the coaches on the sideline — realized the mistake in time to call a timeout. The ball was snapped and Jaguars quarterback David Garrard, who felt no pass-rush pressure, found tight end Marcedes Lewis in the end zone for the TD.

"They changed personnel, we changed personnel. They changed it a little later on that specific play," McDaniels said. "We changed with them, but we had a guy come off and a guy that did not go on. That was simply that."

Denver's offense wasn't without miscues, either.

Kyle Orton was forced to call a timeout in the fourth quarter when Richard Quinn lined up incorrectly in a two-tight end formation. The CBS camera crew then focused on McDaniels as he lit into Quinn, a second-round pick in the 2009 draft, on the sideline during the timeout.

"It was a miscommunication," Quinn said. "But we got it together, and everything was fine after that."

Other gaffes were the result of youth and inexperience, such as the holding penalty called against rookie offensive tackle Zane Beadles on a third-down play during the Broncos' opening possession. The penalty negated a first-down run by Knowshon Moreno.

Orton was sacked on the next play, and the Broncos punted.

"It's learning the differences between the college and the pro game, and you can't necessarily take a guy down like that," said Beadles, a second-round pick from Utah. "It'll get called every time. It's a learning curve."

Bailey, a nine-time Pro Bowler in his seventh season with the Broncos, admitted that the number of mistakes, especially the mental errors, was frustrating. But, Bailey said, it's reassuring to know they're not fundamental flaws.

"It kind of keeps you optimistic because you know you can correct those," Bailey said. "We know we can."

Penalties a problem

The Broncos were penalized seven times for 70 yards in Sunday's 24-17 loss at Jacksonville. Among the flags:

• Offensive holding on rookie offensive tackle Zane Beadles. The penalty negated a first-down run.

• Two delay-of-game penalties on the Broncos' offense. Kyle Orton narrowly avoided a third when he called a timeout at the start of the fourth quarter when Richard Quinn was out of position.

• Two face-mask penalties on defensive end Ryan McBean in the span of three plays in the fourth quarter. Those penalties gave the Jaguars 30 yards on their game-winning touchdown drive.

Nomad
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the article DN!!

Bailey's right....these are all fixable mistakes!! I believe the BRONCOS will have a good win at home against the Seahawks!!

D1g1tal j1m
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I expect a breakout game for Knowshon and the running game. Knowshon for 120 yards and 2 scores...

CANHawk
09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
I expect a breakout game for Knowshon and the running game. Knowshon for 120 yards and 2 scores...

c'mon son. Our front 4 weighs over 1,000 lbs and just held Frank Gore to 38 yards. Moreno is coming off a pulled hammy, so I don't know where you're getting this from. :confused:

We may have our share of problems right now, but run defense is not one of them.

claymore
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
c'mon son. Our front 4 weighs over 1,000 lbs and just held Frank Gore to 38 yards. Moreno is coming off a pulled hammy, so I don't know where you're getting this from. :confused:

We may have our share of problems right now, but run defense is not one of them.

I guarantee we win or Slim shows you his boobs.

Northman
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Go Broncos! Beat the Seachickens!

CANHawk
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Man Boobs! Eeek! :)

I'm cautiously optimistic after beating the crap out of the 49ers, but i'm not so bold as to guarantee anything. I think this will be a good competitive game. I hope we can start winning some on the road as that's been tough for us the past few years.

underrated29
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Good news for us is max unger is out and so is okung. Tyler polumbus, the revolving door is going to be their LT or RT, either way useless and we should burn him big time.

camdisco24
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I too feel a big game for our RB's...
Heck, I feel a big game for every position!
...Of course I do feel that way every week... ;)

Day1BroncoFan
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I say the Broncos will score more points that the seamocks. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16068119?source=rss

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose rookie season with the Broncos has been slowed by a foot injury, said Monday he wasn't sure what his status would be this week.

The first-round draft pick from Georgia Tech made the season- opening trip to Jacksonville, but the Broncos decided he needed more recovery time before playing in a game.

Offensive tackle Ryan Harris walked out of the locker room without wearing a protective boot on his injured left ankle. Harris is expected to be out one more week.

Stay at home, men.

Joe Mays, a key player on the Broncos' special teams, said the Jaguars used the same type of play when Tiquan Underwood had returns of 46 and 53 yards on back-to-back kickoffs Sunday that set up 10 points.

The play: Underwood started a return one way, then cut to the left backside of his blockers. Too many Denver coverage players were sucked in.

"It's nothing we can't correct," Mays said. "Stay at home, stay disciplined. Do your job."

Spencer for receiver.

All those plays at fullback, and finally Spencer Larsen appeared on an NFL stat page. On a misdirection play, Lar- sen made a 4-yard reception against the Jaguars.

"I'm just glad I caught it," said Larsen, who otherwise has been a blocking fullback for parts of his three NFL seasons.

Hall calls.

Six former Broncos and Fairview High School alum Tony Boselli are among 113 preliminary modern-era candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2011.

The next cut will get down to 25 modern-era semifinalists in mid- November, and then 15 modern-era finalists will be named in January. As many as five modern-era candidates can be elected on Feb. 5, 2011.

The six ex-Broncos who made the first cut: running back Terrell Davis, tight end Shannon Sharpe, linebacker Karl Mecklenburg, safety Steve Atwater, cornerback Louis Wright and coach Dan Reeves.

From that group, Sharpe figures to have the best chance to be elected because he was a top-10 finalist the past two years.

Boselli made his NFL mark as an offensive tackle for the Jaguars.

Randy Gradishar, a former Broncos linebacker, has been transferred to the senior candidate pool. The two senior candidates nominated for the Hall of Fame this year were former Washington linebacker Chris Hanburger and ex-Los Angeles Rams linebacker Les Richter.

CANHawk
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Good news for us is max unger is out and so is okung. Tyler polumbus, the revolving door is going to be their LT or RT, either way useless and we should burn him big time.

Polumbus looked ~ok~ against SF last week, but I'm pissed we still have to wait to see Okung. We've needed an answer at LT since Walter Jones got hurt and subsequently retired. Curse that big clumsy ogre Ben Hamilton for stomping on his ankle! Chester Pitts should almost be ready to play and might be able to provide some depth, but I doubt he'd start.

underrated29
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Polumbus looked ~ok~ against SF last week, but I'm pissed we still have to wait to see Okung. We've needed an answer at LT since Walter Jones got hurt and subsequently retired. Curse that big clumsy ogre Ben Hamilton for stomping on his ankle! Chester Pitts should almost be ready to play and might be able to provide some depth, but I doubt he'd start.

Take it from us dude. Polumbus sucks. He is better in the zbs you run, but he still is not very good. Hammy is alright, he is not bad in the zbs, pretty good, but when he is in pass pro and one on one you will see it is like he is on roller skates. he just gets pushed back with ease.

If sea is smart they will make sure hammy and the C are always doubling up on jamal williams. If not williams will destroy hammy in pass pro...He is pretty good in run block.

Big downer for you all about okung, Huge plus for us...Which he he, I smile about because our pass rush needs help.

CANHawk
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Take it from us dude. Polumbus sucks. He is better in the zbs you run, but he still is not very good. Hammy is alright, he is not bad in the zbs, pretty good, but when he is in pass pro and one on one you will see it is like he is on roller skates. he just gets pushed back with ease.

If sea is smart they will make sure hammy and the C are always doubling up on jamal williams. If not williams will destroy hammy in pass pro...He is pretty good in run block.

Big downer for you all about okung, Huge plus for us...Which he he, I smile about because our pass rush needs help.

Yeah, Hamilton was hand picked by Alex Gibbs to be an "on field coach" for Okung, but all he did was mess him up... Then Gibbs retired. ~sigh~

D1g1tal j1m
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM
After trading for Maroney, I am tweeking my prediction for Knowshon from 2 td's to 1. Knowshon for 110 yards and 1 td, and Maroney with his flying dreadlocks of doom for 15 yards and 1 td....

D1g1tal j1m
09-14-2010, 06:57 PM

I see the world in Orange and blue color glasses. The SeaChicken, with their 1,000 lbs of fail, will fall to the mighty Broncos (at least I hope so)....

Elevation inc
09-15-2010, 02:57 AM
folks why worry, no need...denver for the win 24-14......lock it in, mark it down and remeber it was EINC who told ya first.....LOL......

Jaws
09-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Broncos have won the past 10 home openers. :salute:

The Broncos own an NFL-best 23-3 record in home openers since 1984, as the club has won its last 10 such games to tie for the third-longest home opener winning streak in league history.

Here's to another 10. :beer:

Prepare to have your feathers ruffled Seachickens.

link (http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Open-2010-Home-Slate-Against-Seattle/9d0a908d-53d7-4f4c-9fe9-f5efb7035b39)

CANHawk
09-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Broncos have won the past 10 home openers. :salute:

Here's to another 10. :beer:

Prepare to have your feathers ruffled Seachickens.

link (http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Open-2010-Home-Slate-Against-Seattle/9d0a908d-53d7-4f4c-9fe9-f5efb7035b39)

That I didn't know. Very interesting stat. Much like us as Qwest Field, you guys have a monster home field advantage that's difficult to overcome. Historically over the last decade we've been a terrible road team, but I dunno... Pete Carroll seems to have this team on a different frequency; way more intense than I remember. Perhaps we might finally shake that road monkey off.

Don't expect the same old Seahawks. This is going to be an entertaining game!

JaxBroncoGirl
09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
As a new Bronco fan that watched the game last week, I am stoked to see Royal again. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!

CANHawk
09-16-2010, 01:48 PM
This thread has gotten quiet and boring, so excuse me while I lob in a hand grenade...

Bold and fearless predictions for the game on Sunday by an unabashed Seahawks fan

1. Seattle will register 5 QB sacks with at least one each by Chris Clemons and Aaron Curry

2. Denver will be held below 100 yards rushing

3. Mike Williams will have over 100 yards receiving plus a TD

4. Multiple TD's for John Carlson

5. Someone on the Seattle D will return a pick 6 (pencil in Jordan Babineaux)

now bring on the poop storm! :salute:
(I kept it positive... just positive for MY team ;) )

honz
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
The Seattle Seahawks may be the worst team in the NFL, so the Broncos should roll them easily.

Nomad
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
The only positive of the Seahawks, CANHawk, was they torn down that awful Kingdome!!

Yes, the point of this thread is to be positive about the BRONCOS!!

CANHawk
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM
The only positive of the Seahawks, CANHawk, was they torn down that awful Kingdome!!

Yes, the point of this thread is to be positive about the BRONCOS!!

...And replaced it with the prettiest (and loudest) stadium in the NFL.

Well I'm "positive" we're going to kick your collective butts. But you are right. I don't want to ruin the happy go donkey vibe of this thread, so I'll recreate my bold and fearless thread in your smack shack.

To quote an awkward thing once said by Deion Branch: "if you want me, come find me!"

Northman
09-16-2010, 07:49 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l86inrN2eX1qbg6ewo1_r1_500.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16097994

Warning: The stat you're about to read is not a misprint.

The NFL quarterback who led the league last weekend in big-play passes — those 25 yards or longer — wasn't Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or the other usual suspects. It was Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, who tossed five such completions in Sunday's opener at Jacksonville.

Go figure that the Broncos, with a quarterback who only a year ago had fans and experts wondering about his arm strength and who is without the supposed big-play receiver, may be evolving into a downfield offense.

"We feel like we've found some things that we really want to take advantage of in that area that has nothing to do with who we're playing, really," coach Josh McDaniels said.

Of Orton's five long completions, three were bona fide long throws — of 41, 27 and 25 yards each, all to Brandon Lloyd. Two others, a 28-yarder to tight end Daniel Graham and a 25-yarder to Eddie Royal, were shorter throws with significant yards after the catch.

But consider that in four games last year, Orton didn't have even one 25-yard completion. In two additional games, he had no completions of longer than 30 yards.

"I hope it spreads the field, I hope it opens other things up for us, but that's certainly an area of the field that we've talked a lot about in the offseason and trying to make them defend the whole field, rather than just half of it," Orton said.

The trend hasn't materialized out of nowhere.

The Broncos' first offensive play in their first preseason game this year was a 31-yard completion down the left seam to receiver Jabar Gaffney.

No, the team hasn't tossed its playbook full of bubble screens, but the Broncos already have shown they won't rely on them this year.

"I don't know the difference of why or whatever. This is the team we have right now and we think it's the best way to go about it with our team this year," Orton said. "We've got a versatile group of wide receivers that can do a lot of different things, and so far when they've been given a chance to make a play downfield, they've done a good job of making it."

McDaniels, who calls the offensive plays, can point to specific reasons for the evolution of the team's offense.

It starts with Orton, who in his second season feels far more comfortable with every page of the playbook, as well as with the receivers.

Gaffney, Lloyd, Royal and Graham are holdovers from a year ago, yet each expects to see more passes with the departure of Brandon Marshall, who had nearly twice as many catches (101) than the No. 2 receiver last year — Gaffney (54). And despite Marshall's reputation of being a big-play receiver, he averaged only 11.1 yards per catch last season.

The Broncos believe Lloyd has the potential to make more plays in the middle or deep end of the field, and he showed it with his five-catch, 117-yard performance against Jacksonville. The Broncos are also hoping rookie Demaryius Thomas, when he returns from a foot injury that has kept him sidelined, will add a downfield dimension with his size and strength. Thomas practiced without any limitations again Thursday and could make his debut Sunday against Seattle.

"I think you take into consideration the personnel that you are playing with and their skill sets and what they do well," McDaniels said. "Then, you try to branch out and use more of those things this year than maybe you did last year.

"Every year I've called plays it's been a different style — there have been different skill players, different linemen, things that the quarterback does better from one year to the next, whatever it may be, and then there's always the evolution of finding new things that work."

BlueTalon
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
A positive-only thread! What a cool concept!

BlueTalon
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
The Seattle Seahawks may be the worst team in the NFL, so the Broncos should roll them easily.

Worst? Seriously? Man, I could only hope the Broncos players and coaches think that.

jhildebrand
09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I am excited to see the Broncos turn things around at home on Sunday.

Northman
09-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Denver- 34
Seattle- 17

pnbronco
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Go Bronco!!!!!

I will be driving home on Sunday and miss the first home game....

So go get them guys....have a good game....no injuries and bring a win for the home team!!!!

:cheer2:

jhildebrand
09-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Game time is drawing closer. It will be weird seeing one of the old red headed step children (Seattle-SD is the other) of the division back at Mile High.

I hope you stick around CanHawk :D

BlueTalon
09-18-2010, 11:13 AM
What would be weird, and cool, would be to have a throwback weekend, with both teams wearing their old uniforms.

CANHawk
09-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Game time is drawing closer. It will be weird seeing one of the old red headed step children (Seattle-SD is the other) of the division back at Mile High.

I hope you stick around CanHawk :D

Hey, if you guys do something worth making a smart ass comment about, I just might poke back in! ;)

Good to see you "on the road" Blue Talon!

Nomad
09-19-2010, 08:06 AM
It's gameday!! :beer:to a win!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

T.K.O.
09-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Hey, if you guys do something worth making a smart ass comment about, I just might poke back in! ;)

Good to see you "on the road" Blue Talon!

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx111/broncod63/seahawkssuck-1.jpg?t=1284911232

T.K.O.
09-19-2010, 11:48 AM
GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!

unleash the fury !

:salute::defense::elefant::beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 02:45 PM
:salute:GO BRONCOS:salute:

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:03 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

--- STOMP THE seahawks !!! ---

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you Champ !

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Yay Special Teams !!!

Fumble recovery !!!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Yay Eddie !!!

TD !!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
:salute: TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

Jaws
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Royal! :D

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Way to step it up Ayers !

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Wow !!!

Razzle Dazzle !

:WOOT:

Jaws
09-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Woot for ruling on field standing!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Yay Bucky !!!

TD !!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
:salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

Jaws
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Bucky TD!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Yay Dawkins !!!

INT !!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Yay Dawkins !!!

INT !!!

:salute: :defense: :defense: :defense: :salute:

Jaws
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
These ole men in our secondary have plenty of gas left!

Beauty of an int by Dawks!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Go DT !!!

Tned
09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Thomas looks like he could be a beast. The Sirisus NFL Radio guys that were there during training camp couldn't stop talking about him. Size and strength of a TE with WR speed and moves.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 04:32 PM
:salute:GREAT FIRST HALF BRONCOS :salute:

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Go Knowshon !!!

45 yds !!!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
1st and goal !!!

:WOOT:

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Moreno !!!

TD !!!

Jaws
09-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Third time successful!
Wd Knowshon.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Knowshon is having a GREAT game :salute:

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 05:11 PM
nice series moreno just might be as expected

Bronco4ever
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Touchdown Thomas!!! Woot woot!

Az Snake
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
:woot:

DT TD !!!

Lonestar
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
DT might be the replacement stud we just traded away.

Prater set a record last year for touch backs. He just might be a keeper. :salute:

Nomad
09-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Sounded like D.Thomas had a great first game for his NFL debut!!:salute:

D1g1tal j1m
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
SeaChickens + 1,000 lb DL = Fail

Too bad those DL can't play CB.

Tned
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Sounded like D.Thomas had a great first game for his NFL debut!!:salute:

He looked good. Big, fast, nicely run routes. All that with a foot that isn't 100%.

pnbronco
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I just got home, could not get the game on the radio...only the Chargers and Raiders.....talk about eweeee......

From the score it seems like they had a good game....so glad it all worked out! If someone could please give me a quick overview of what happened and who stood out....thanks....

Tned
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
I just got home, could not get the game on the radio...only the Chargers and Raiders.....talk about eweeee......

From the score it seems like they had a good game....so glad it all worked out! If someone could please give me a quick overview of what happened and who stood out....thanks....

Three turnovers -- Bailey INT, Dawkins INT, and Seahawk muffed punt recovered by Broncos.

Awesome third down conversion. At one point we were 13/16 on 3rd downs and finished 14/20 I believe.

Defense was just so/so. Not great against the run again, and gashed by the pass at times, but it wound up being a bend, don't break, type defense, aided by the two picks.

Orton threw for a high percentage, but was a bit off on his accuracy. Showed good mobility and arm strength, lacking a bit in accuracy and on the short touch balls. Overall a very good game.

WR's had a very good game, including making some great catches on slightly off Orton throws. Lloyd had a great 3rd down catch where he was running a slant and the ball was thrown to his back hip (or off the hip) and he adjusted and caught it. Royal had some nice catches.

Story of the game was probably Demaryus (sp??) Thomas' coming out party. He was something like 8 catches for 97 yards, and looked VERY good. First catch was a little bubble screen on 3rd down, and when he turned up field you got to see how fast he is -- very. Ran some great routes, he looks like the real deal.

Running game left a bit to be desired. Take out the kneel downs and stuff and it was somewhere around 2.5 YPC, and that's about what it looked like. Hopefully, when the line gets more stable (Kuper and Harris were out), the run game will improve.

pnbronco
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Story of the game was probably Demaryus (sp??) Thomas' coming out party. He was something like 8 catches for 97 yards, and looked VERY good. First catch was a little bubble screen on 3rd down, and when he turned up field you got to see how fast he is -- very. Ran some great routes, he looks like the real deal.

First of all thanks Tned.....hmmmmm where did you hear this before??????..:D

Lonestar
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Three turnovers -- Bailey INT, Dawkins INT, and Seahawk muffed punt recovered by Broncos.

Awesome third down conversion. At one point we were 13/16 on 3rd downs and finished 14/20 I believe.

Defense was just so/so. Not great against the run again, and gashed by the pass at times, but it wound up being a bend, don't break, type defense, aided by the two picks.

Orton threw for a high percentage, but was a bit off on his accuracy. Showed good mobility and arm strength, lacking a bit in accuracy and on the short touch balls. Overall a very good game.

WR's had a very good game, including making some great catches on slightly off Orton throws. Lloyd had a great 3rd down catch where he was running a slant and the ball was thrown to his back hip (or off the hip) and he adjusted and caught it. Royal had some nice catches.

Running game left a bit to be desired. Take out the kneel downs and stuff and it was somewhere around 2.5 YPC, and that's about what it looked like. Hopefully, when the line gets more stable (Kuper and Harris were out), the run game will improve.

pretty sure COX got one in the 4th quarter

Tned
09-20-2010, 08:21 PM
pretty sure COX got one in the 4th quarter

Yep, you're right. Game was pretty much over, so I forgot about that when recapping for PN.