PDA

View Full Version : Some things never change... ( 113 weeks and counting....)

BroncoBJ
09-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Well this might turn in to smack maybe but for now I'll just post it here :lol:

Mainly just facts. No smack :elefant:

But in the last 113 regular season weeks, We have NEVER looked up at the Raiders in the division. We have been tied with them. But they've never been ahead of us. Thats just sad. I wonder if theres any other 2 teams in the league with this long of streak without trailing a team in the division :lol:

Do you think it will continue this year as well? Or is this the year they finally have a lead on us in the division?

Since thier Superbowl season in 2002... Heres the closest they've been to us:

2003: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 1-0 ( Raiders finish 4-12, Broncos finish 10-6)
2004: Raiders 2-1 Broncos 2-1 ( Raiders finish 5-11, Broncos finish 10-6)
2005: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 0-1 ( Raiders finish 4-12, Broncos finish 13-3)
2006: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 0-1 ( Raiders finish 2-14, Broncos finish 9-7)
2007: Raiders 2-3 Broncos 2-3 ( Raiders finish 4-12, Broncos finish 7-9)
2008: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 1-0 ( Raiders finish 5-11, Broncos finish 8-8)
2009: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 1-0 ( Raiders finish 5-11, Broncos finish 8-8)
2010: Raiders 0-1 Broncos 0-1 ( Raiders finish ?-?? , Broncos finish ??-?)

So just something I figured I'd show you guys. How horrible is that? The furthest they've hung with us is 5 weeks in to the season in 2007. How far will they hang this year?

So for everyone arguing and stuff, it could always be worse. You could always be a Raiders fan :salute:

I figured that we can bump this thread weekly. Like on other sites I see, Bump til we get a KR TD and stuff like that. We can bump this one til the Raiders finally have a lead over us in the division :lol: Been looking at them in the rear view mirror for so long now.

:elefant:

sneakers
09-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Poor predictable Raiders, always pick rock.

BroncoBJ
09-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Yea, :lol: Raiders. Such a joke. Every year their fans always talking. I do think their fans might be the dumbest.

Buff
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Some things in life never get old. Seeing the Raiders struggle is one of them.

BroncoWave
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Some things in life never get old. Seeing the Raiders struggle is one of them.

Yeah they had the Broncos game and Raiders game on TV's right next to each other at my local bar so while it was bumming to see us lose to Jax it was nice to be able to look over and see Tennessee hammer it on Oakland.

weazel
09-13-2010, 09:05 PM
this is a typical magicians trick! wave your left hand around a lot and noone notices whats going on with the right hand...

Raiders suck, but the Broncos aren't a hell of a lot better

BroncoBJ
10-02-2010, 03:50 AM
I should change the title to " Bump til the Raiders lead us in the AFC West Standings" Or something like that :lol:

Still... 115 straight regular season weeks that the Raiders have not been ahead of us in the AFC West. Will it continue this week? :elefant:

Canmore
10-02-2010, 04:02 AM
...Will it continue this week?

I think Houston takes care of Oakland and we take care of the Titans, so I say yes.

Tned
10-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I should change the title to " Bump til the Raiders lead us in the AFC West Standings" Or something like that :lol:

Still... 115 straight regular season weeks that the Raiders have not been ahead of us in the AFC West. Will it continue this week? :elefant:

This is like talking about a no hitter while it's happening....

Can you say Jinx!!!! :sad: :mad: :sad:

:laugh:

scott.475
10-02-2010, 11:08 AM
And you know, with as much hate as greasy Al has for us, that always looking at seeing us leading them has to be like, maybe not losing the Superbowl, but lets say losing the championship game every week.

Though I have to admit, until we can get back to sweeping that God forsaken team each year, I am only a little bit consoled by this stat.

DenBronx
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Living 35 mins away from Oakland means you live in raider nation. Most of my friends are raider fans, my dad is a raider fan, my roomate is a raider fan so I'm smack dab in the middle of them. But I give them all hell because most of the raider fans don't know anything about football. They seriously thought Campbell was going to bring them to a superbowl this year.

This thread is going to matter because I bet my roomate that if the Broncos had the better record over the raiders that he would have to wear one of my Bronco jerseys and put on his facebook for 24 hours that "The Broncos are better than the raiders" But if I lose I would have to do the same. We also have many side bets with one on one matchups so money is involved too. So, bottom line is....the Broncos really need to have the better record this year cause I'm not wearing a raider jersey.

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Yea, :lol: Raiders. Such a joke. Every year their fans always talking. I do think their fans might be the dumbest.

The Raiders have more division championships, and more playoff wins than the Broncos do since the turn of the millenium.

But because Denver Bronco fans pride themselves on not ever finishing 4-12, they unfortunately look past that.

DenBronx
10-02-2010, 01:11 PM
The Raiders have more division championships, and more playoff wins than the Broncos do since the turn of the millenium.

But because Denver Bronco fans pride themselves on not ever finishing 4-12, they unfortunately look past that.

Finishing 7-9 or 8-8 feels like we are bottom feeders. We need to be the above .500 team that we used to be. I think we average around .750 winning percentage for a long time before these past few years.

Good news though because the raiders are playing the Texans this week.

Bad news for us because we have 3 tough games all in a row, 2 which are road games.

BroncoBJ
10-02-2010, 01:42 PM
This is like talking about a no hitter while it's happening....

Can you say Jinx!!!! :sad: :mad: :sad:

:laugh:

:lol: Yea I thought that also. But you cant jinx the Raiders. Thier garbage either way you look at it. Just hoping our streak continues.

Thats because we are always in contention. Look at the AFC West over the last 10 years. Some teams come and go. Chargers are either 1st or 1-15 and in the basement. Chiefs are either 1st like in 03 and so, or they are in the basement with the Raiders lately. Raiders are either 1st like back in the early 2000's, or last like they have been the last 7 years. But now look at the Broncos. Were always 1st or 2nd. We don't have a horrible season. Horrible to us lately is basically 7-9. Pretty funny that whenever the Chiefs, Raiders, or Chargers are winning our division, were usually the team in 2nd.

BORDERLINE
10-02-2010, 01:56 PM

most of my best friends are raiders fans , for the most part they are smart football people and understand the game , but when it comes to talking about the raiders they fail to see the reality...the thing that gets me ROFL with them is there punter and kicker are pro-bowl players so when they play the broncos and they punt the ball deep...they tell me ALL DAY dog ALL DAY...what you got on our punter...LOL

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Thats because we are always in contention. Look at the AFC West over the last 10 years. Some teams come and go. Chargers are either 1st or 1-15 and in the basement. Chiefs are either 1st like in 03 and so, or they are in the basement with the Raiders lately. Raiders are either 1st like back in the early 2000's, or last like they have been the last 7 years. But now look at the Broncos. Were always 1st or 2nd. We don't have a horrible season. Horrible to us lately is basically 7-9. Pretty funny that whenever the Chiefs, Raiders, or Chargers are winning our division, were usually the team in 2nd.

We are like the Dominique WIlkins led Atlanta hawks of the 80's. Never bad enough to get an impact player to help us get to the top, never good enough to get past that almost made the playoffs/1 and done scenario.

We have been a stagnant organization for what feels like forever, and I for one cannot be one of those fans that looks at the misery of other teams to help me feel better about my favorite team.

To each his own though, I understand that.

BroncoBJ
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
We are like the Dominique WIlkins led Atlanta hawks of the 80's. Never bad enough to get an impact player to help us get to the top, never good enough to get past that almost made the playoffs/1 and done scenario.

We have been a stagnant organization for what feels like forever, and I for one cannot be one of those fans that looks at the misery of other teams to help me feel better about my favorite team.

To each his own though, I understand that.

:lol: Naw, I understand that. I'm not that way either. I don't laugh at the Raiders to feel better about the Broncos. But I just hate the Raiders and thier fans so much. And every year they tell me how they are improved and they are taking the West, and I just laugh at them. Nothing to do with us being bad and making me feel better.

But I do agree. We are always right there. Thats why every year we either clinch the playoffs in week 16 or 17 or get eliminated in week 16 or 17. We never have a team that clinches in week 11 or 12. ANd never have a team that is eliminated by then either. Were just mediocre.

But some teams stay bad after having top 10 pick year after year. Like the Lions and Browns. And even the Raiders. :fight:

I Eat Staples
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM

The people who thought Jason Campbell would make them a playoff team are dumber.

KCL
10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
The people who thought Jason Campbell would make them a playoff team are dumber.

Speaking of which...has there been an OR thread/post lately?

BroncoBJ
10-03-2010, 12:50 AM

I agree. I was pissed when he got injured in preseason and then was sad when he got benched in the reg season. Raider fans telling me that he was gonna get them over the edge :lol:

I love when they said that he was on a bad team last year so thats why he didn't do good. :lol: So hes on a good team now in Oakland?

Sucks he got benched. But Raider fans are wrong as usual. Such a joke they are.

jhildebrand
10-03-2010, 01:47 AM

I gotta be honest, I thought JC would make them better. However, I also said if the experiment failed, to go back to BG quickly. Oakland is close. With SD struggling, and the fact that OAK beat good teams last year, they could steal this year. SD also has some major injuries!

I know Cable well. He is a good coach and it will show if Al will let him do his thing.

broncophan
10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I think it is the Shanahan jinx still going strong.....just like when Shanahan was here.....very rarely would the raiders beat the broncos...or any other team, for that matter.

BroncoJoe
10-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Houston is going to beat the living snot out of the Faid.

BroncoBJ
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Bumpity bump :elefant:

Make it 116 straight regular season weeks now.

And whatever happens next week it will at least be 117 straight regular season weeks.

But we'll see if Oakland even ties us the rest of the season. :elefant: