PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Jaguars Post-Game Thoughts

ikillz0mbies
09-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Lloyd was such a great surprise. He ran his routes well and made some incredible grabs. I'm not worried about the WR corps at all. If anything, fans should be more excited because of how impressive the WR's have been and this is without Thomas.

It felt good watching Royal become an integral part of this offense again. Good grabs, good moves against defenders, and good hands.

Orton looked a LOT more confident and threw the ball with poise. Made some great throws down field. Unfortunately, the defense just couldn't stop the run and couldn't really pressure Garrard that much.

Dumervil's presence is sorely missed. However, Ayers looked alright IMO and so did Hunter. The only player I was impressed by from the D-Line was Jamal Williams, but I expected a lot more.

Moreno looked pretty good as well, the run blocking should've done a much better job. He ran with great determination and patience. He'll be a 1,000 yard rusher this season.

Overall, I thought the Broncos played well. They made some mistakes, but mistakes surely they can learn from. As with all teams, they have to make some adjustments on defense and come up with some better schemes to pressure the QB. One loss on the ROAD for what, the sixth straight season? They played well and if you count them out after one game, you truly are an idiot. Go cheer for another team.

Northman
09-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Lloyd was such a great surprise. He ran his routes well and made some incredible grabs. I'm not worried about the WR corps at all. If anything, fans should be more excited because of how impressive the WR's have been and this is without Thomas.

It felt good watching Royal become an integral part of this offense again. Good grabs, good moves against defenders, and good hands.

Orton looked a LOT more confident and threw the ball with poise. Made some great throws down field. Unfortunately, the defense just couldn't stop the run and couldn't really pressure Garrard that much.

Dumervil's presence is sorely missed. However, Ayers looked alright IMO and so did Hunter. The only player I was impressed by from the D-Line was Jamal Williams, but I expected a lot more.

Moreno looked pretty good as well, the run blocking should've done a much better job. He ran with great determination and patience. He'll be a 1,000 yard rusher this season.

Overall, I thought the Broncos played well. They made some mistakes, but mistakes surely they can learn from. As with all teams, they have to make some adjustments on defense and come up with some better schemes to pressure the QB. One loss on the ROAD for what, the sixth straight season? They played well and if you count them out after one game, you truly are an idiot. Go cheer for another team.

Solid take but could of been better without the last line. People dont like to lose and they should have the option to express it without being called names mate. Everyone is entitled to how they feel when it comes to this team. Be kind to one another. :beer:

honz
09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Zombies is right though...:listen:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I saw great plays on the defense and offense, the temperature was awful, I wanted to see more of stopping the run, but overall very pleased especially with Orton with all the talk around here I thought he would be a bust, instead I saw a commander out on the field take command. We should have won this game we are much better than the Jaguars. I hope with practice and training we will only get better. I wanted to see Tebow more but hey that is the way it goes. As far as Royal and Gaffney totally impressed. The OL held Aluahlua down for the most part. I did see Orton on the ground a little too much but overall it was a great effort by the team. Very Proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need a little more play book calling, trick plays on the offense.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Solid take but could of been better without the last line. People dont like to lose and they should have the option to express it without being called names mate. Everyone is entitled to how they feel when it comes to this team. Be kind to one another. :beer:

If you count the team out for the season after one game though, you are an idiot. He was right about that.

honz
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Maybe "dunce" would be a more appropriate, less insulting term.

Northman
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
If you count the team out for the season after one game though, you are an idiot. He was right about that.

No one has claimed that from what ive read on here. Still, personal attacks for opposing/negative views isnt tolerated and shouldnt be. If you disagree, than great. But the namecalling needs to go.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The 2 things that lost us this game IMO were the o-line and stupid mistakes. Hopefully Harris coming back will do alot to fix that first problem. As for the stupid mistakes, those can be fixed. If Ryan McBean ever commits another facemask he should not be allowed on the ride back.

Dzone
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree. some people on here can be totally rude...it was a good post until he had to make a personal attack in that last line. You are right.
Anyway, I thought Denver played pretty good. Good enough to win. Orton looked good in spots. Moreno had some good runs. Loyd was excellent. Royal looks to be a big part of the offense.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
]No one has claimed that from what ive read on here.[/B] Still, personal attacks for opposing/negative views isnt tolerated and shouldnt be. If you disagree, than great. But the namecalling needs to go.

You obviously haven't read much of the board today then. And I guess you missed the "it's going to be a long season" thread.

Northman
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
You obviously haven't read much of the board today then. And I guess you missed the "it's going to be a long season" thread.

Some have already felt it was going to be a long season anyway man. Where have you been for the last few months? Are you saying thats a reason to personally attack someone instead of debate the issue with a little bit of class? Dont know what to tell you man but im baffled that after all that has gone down the last few days you guys continue with the attacks. Pretty sad.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I agree. some people on here can be totally rude...it was a good post until he had to make a personal attack in that last line. You are right.
Anyway, I thought Denver played pretty good. Good enough to win. Orton looked good in spots. Moreno had some good runs. Loyd was excellent. Royal looks to be a big part of the offense.

I thought the "go cheer for another team" part was out of line, but I had no problem with the sentence before it.

It IS stupid to count the team out after one game. I don't see how anyone could defend that being a logical opinion to have. I mean by that logic, I guess the Colts and Vikings are done this year too.

KCL
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
The 2 things that lost us this game IMO were the o-line and stupid mistakes. Hopefully Harris coming back will do alot to fix that first problem. As for the stupid mistakes, those can be fixed. If Ryan McBean ever commits another facemask he should not be allowed on the ride back.

After that second penalty I told my husband man what an idiot...his coach is gonna be pissed..the stupid thing was both times he did that...the player was already wrapped up and on the way down.

Northman
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I thought the "go cheer for another team" part was out of line, but I had no problem with the sentence before it.

It IS stupid to count the team out after one game. I don't see how anyone could defend that being a logical opinion to have. I mean by that logic, I guess the Colts and Vikings are done this year too.

Its one thing to disagree, its something entirely different to insult the poster about it.

KCL
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM

And the Raiders :heh:

I shouldn't say that after what the Chiefs have looked like the past few years.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Some have already felt it was going to be a long season anyway man. Where have you been for the last few months? Are you saying thats a reason to personally attack someone instead of debate the issue with a little bit of class? Dont know what to tell you man but im baffled that after all that has gone down the last few days you guys continue with the attacks. Pretty sad.

When someone is declaring the season over after one game, there are clearly not looking to debate. They are just looking to declare doom and gloom. Sorry, but I call things like I see them. If someone doesn't like it they can ignore me or report me. It's no skin off my back.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Its one thing to disagree, its something entirely different to insult the poster about it.

What did you say? I couldn't hear you from up there on your high horse.

JaxBroncoGirl
One more thought, we need to open the playbook and let it Rock and Roll especially against the Jaguars. Everyone that has every played in any sport says, "it takes a team to win, and the coaches to loose", it is unfair but some of the offensive play calling was not the greatest I have seen. Royal totally blew me away. Believe it or not I was impressed with Orton, I do see he needs to be a little more accurate with throws over 15 yards. I am still stoked watching the ENTIRE TEAM PLAY. Wanted to see more Tebow, but that will come with time. When you build a team around Tebow you will win. That will never, ever happen in the NFL. Overall good game.

Northman
When someone is declaring the season over after one game, there are clearly not looking to debate. They are just looking to declare doom and gloom. Sorry, but I call things like I see them. If someone doesn't like it they can ignore me or report me. It's no skin off my back.

Fair enough. Definitely thought you were better than that.

Northman
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
What did you say? I couldn't hear you from up there on your high horse.

Im saying everyone needs to try harder to be more civil. Clear enough?

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Im saying everyone needs to try harder to be more civil. Clear enough?

Well if I've broken a rule a mod will deal with it. If not, carry on...

Northman
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Well if I've broken a rule a mod will deal with it. If not, carry on...

Its cool man, just trying to help the board treat each other better. We are all fans here but as you say, moving on. :beer:

I Eat Staples
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
The Vikings lost to the defending champions, and the Colts lost to a Texans team that I, and many others, feel will make the playoffs for the first time in their franchise history. Just pointing that out, I'm not saying our season is over or anything, of course not.

The fact, though, is that we played poorly against a below average team. Of course our season isn't over, but no matter how you slice it this game just doesn't show signs of brightness for us. I expected 8-8 this season, but after that performance, my expectations are much lower.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Common guys, we could have been better but what I saw was positive except the offensive play calling. Totally stoked here, although the Jaguars are the lowest team, I saw raw talent, hard playing and teamwork. IMO only we need a little more offensive plays, out of the box type of thinking, Royal is awesome. Remember, this is my first Broncos season game and I am stoked, yet we do need creativity in the play calling..........................

I Eat Staples
09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Common guys, we could have been better but what I saw was positive except the offensive play calling. Totally stoked here, although the Jaguars are the lowest team, I saw raw talent, hard playing and teamwork. IMO only we need a little more offensive plays, out of the box type of thinking, Royal is awesome. Remember, this is my first Broncos season game and I am stoked, yet we do need creativity in the play calling..........................

Get used to bad play calling. We have a terrible coach.

Northman
09-12-2010, 08:05 PM

And thats all great, but for some of us who have been fans a little longer we saw a lot of the same issues that have been plaguing this team for the last few years. Is it over? Nah. But its not anything that i personally can take from this game as an overall positive. Ive seen a lot of this before so its much of the same ol' same ol' for me. Once the wins start coming than i can get a little more excited. Still will watch every game with excitement but until the wins start to come i just have to express my displeasure with them. :D

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Get used to bad play calling. We have a terrible coach.

:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 08:07 PM
The Vikings lost to the defending champions, and the Colts lost to a Texans team that I, and many others, feel will make the playoffs for the first time in their franchise history. Just pointing that out, I'm not saying our season is over or anything, of course not.

The fact, though, is that we played poorly against a below average team. Of course our season isn't over, but no matter how you slice it this game just doesn't show signs of brightness for us. I expected 8-8 this season, but after that performance, my expectations are much lower.

Denver almost never wins in the state of Florida, especially early in the season, especially in the hottest game in the history of the Jaguars. Now if we blow next week at home against Seattle I will be worried. For now, I'm willing to chalk it up to another loss in Florida.

I honestly think once our line is fully healthy and starts to gel we will be much better on offense. I also don't think our secondary is as bad as they looked today. I don't know what the hell happened though. They definitely made some mistakes. MJD is a great back and will always get his but I actually don't think our run D did too bad a job.

spikerman
09-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Denver almost never wins in the state of Florida, especially early in the season, especially in the hottest game in the history of the Jaguars. Now if we blow next week at home against Seattle I will be worried. For now, I'm willing to chalk it up to another loss in Florida.

I honestly think once our line is fully healthy and starts to gel we will be much better on offense. I also don't think our secondary is as bad as they looked today. I don't know what the hell happened though. They definitely made some mistakes. MJD is a great back and will always get his but I actually don't think our run D did too bad a job.

The Seahawks made what was expected to be a very good 49ers team look very bad today. They look like they're going to be tough. I imagine Denver will be the underdog again next week.

I Eat Staples
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM

That's exactly why I was worried about this game, but I'll never just accept taking a loss. Just because we've struggled in Florida doesn't mean we should just say "well we can't play in Florida, so a loss isn't a big deal" or anything like that. We need to break our bad trends, not continue them.

I agree with our OLine. But our secondary really isn't as great as some people think, and they're going to struggle if we don't get any type of pass rush. Our run defense looked solid for the first 2 and a half quarters, but looked like they tired out as the game went on.

BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
That's exactly why I was worried about this game, but I'll never just accept taking a loss. Just because we've struggled in Florida doesn't mean we should just say "well we can't play in Florida, so a loss isn't a big deal" or anything like that. We need to break our bad trends, not continue them.

I agree with our OLine. But our secondary really isn't as great as some people think, and they're going to struggle if we don't get any type of pass rush. Our run defense looked solid for the first 2 and a half quarters, but looked like they tired out as the game went on.

I'm just saying that losing the way we did today isn't going to make me break out the panic button just yet. If the same thing happens next week I will start to be concerned.

red98
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM

Well either that or prescient. Jacksonville will end up last in their division and they beat us scoring 24.

We do have some injured players and others coming in just off injuries, so we can use that as an excuse for a few weeks.

Still most fans here counted Jax as a win, so we're one down in that dept.

Tned
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe "dunce" would be a more appropriate, less insulting term.

Maybe R E S P E C T would be an even better one. If we all respected other people's opinions, even when we disagree, what a wonderful ******* world it would be...

tomjonesrocks
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I think the team overall is "who we thought they were" -- too talent depleted to compete seriously but not a bunch of quitters and criminals either. This might be the foundation of something good years from now but winning a lot of games this year ain't gonna happen.

I agree though Lloyd surpassed expectations making tough, tough catches. Moreno ran hard and did some juking and whatnot but he still looks like the slowest high-first-round-RB in open space I've ever seen--dude has NO third gear to go by anyone so the ceiling is fairly low on him--maybe 1,050-1,100 yards MAX and that's only if he gets 270+ carries.

Even though the team lost I liked that they didn't appear to be sleepwalking out there. If they keep up a similar effort for 16 games (while invariably losing many, many games) I'll be impressed. I see a 4 game losing streak from 9/26 to 10/17 (Indy, Tenn, Balt, NYJ) that could easily break this bunch's spirit for the year--we'll see what they are made of then. If this team decides to split games with KC and the Raiders this year (like they often seem determined to do) it's a 5-win team. So we'll see how they play through losing a lot more than they win.

My expectations aren't any higher after seeing the effort today but at least it wasn't a blowout.

DenBronx
09-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Here's my thoughts...

Shanahan and the Redskins 1-0
Cutler and the Bears 1-0
Marshall and the Dolphins 1-0

McD and the Broncos 0-1

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Here's my thoughts...

Cutler and the Bears 1-0

McD and the Broncos 0-1

Hillis and the Browns-0-1

Scheffler and the Lions- 0-1

:D

DenBronx
09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
More thoughts...

We got SEA (who DESTROYED the 49ers today), IND, TENN (who DESTROYED the Raiders), BAL and NYJ.

I don't see things getting any easier until we play Oakland.

DenBronx
09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Hillis and the Browns-0-1

Scheffler and the Lions- 0-1

:D

Nolan and the Dolphins 1-0

And we all know the Lions really won today. :laugh:

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
More thoughts...

We got SEA (who DESTROYED the 49ers today), IND, TENN (who DESTROYED the Raiders), BAL and NYJ.

I don't see things getting any easier until we play Oakland.

It could be a long time between wins!

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Nolan and the Dolphins 1-0

And we all know the Lions really won today. :laugh:

Very true :D

Tned
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I think the team overall is "who we thought they were" -- too talent depleted to compete seriously but not a bunch of quitters and criminals either. This might be the foundation of something good years from now but winning a lot of games this year ain't gonna happen.

I agree though Lloyd surpassed expectations making tough, tough catches. Moreno ran hard and did some juking and whatnot but he still looks like the slowest high-first-round-RB in open space I've ever seen--dude has NO third gear to go by anyone so the ceiling is fairly low on him--maybe 1,050-1,100 yards MAX and that's only if he gets 270+ carries.

Even though the team lost I liked that they didn't appear to be sleepwalking out there. If they keep up a similar effort for 16 games (while invariably losing many, many games) I'll be impressed. I see a 4 game losing streak from 9/26 to 10/17 (Indy, Tenn, Balt, NYJ) that could easily break this bunch's spirit for the year--we'll see what they are made of then. If this team decides to split games with KC and the Raiders this year (like they often seem determined to do) it's a 5-win team. So we'll see how they play through losing a lot more than they win.

My expectations aren't any higher after seeing the effort today but at least it wasn't a blowout.

I'm kind of an eternal optimist when it comes to the Broncos, and probably often believe we will do better than we are capable. The only year I didn't think we had a shot at the playoffs was when Elway retired, and in reality, that was the ONLY year we didn't have a shot at the playoffs.

Anyway, I think this team is not too talent depleted. Don't get me wrong, I think the front office has taken the hard road in putting a team together by purging a lot of elite, or near elite, talent, but I also think they have made some good draft and FA moves and I think there is enough talent on this team to compete.

I only have two real concerns at this point. Is Orton good enough to lead us to 9+ wins and a playoff berth and beyond. Is McDaniels the offensive genius that he claims that can finally get us to the point that every week we have a different scheme so that when a team views film, they don't know 'which' Bronco's offense will take the field. Last year, we were very predictable, but I am hoping the offense that McDaniels promised will arrive soon.

atwater27
09-13-2010, 01:38 AM

More inspiring and courageous words have never been spoken...;)

Buff
09-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Here's my thoughts...

Cutler and the Bears 1-0

McD and the Broncos 0-1

Tyler Polumbus and the Seahawks 1-0

Bring back Polumbus god damnit! This team has been spiraling downward ever since he got cut.

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 03:06 AM

actually our secondary is still good our.....saftey coverage(more specifically renaldo hill)isnt that great, nate jones, champ and goodman did there job just fine.......most of garrards damage came against hill/lb's and dawkins

Jaws
09-13-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm just saying that losing the way we did today isn't going to make me break out the panic button just yet. If the same thing happens next week I will start to be concerned.

Me too.
I absolutely hate seeing the team losing, but it's week 1 and there are 15 games to go.
Perfectly legit to look for the orange lining I say at this stage.

Nomad
09-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Me too.
I absolutely hate seeing the team losing, but it's week 1 and there are 15 games to go.
Perfectly legit to look for the orange lining I say at this stage.

Whose to say the Jags are as bad as people are making them out to be! By mid season they could be one of the toughest opponents we had met and look back saying we played a hard fought game that in the end mistakes is what hurt the BRONCOS.

My orange lining is tough game/tough loss and looking forward to next week against the Seachickens....I like mine BBQed!!:D

EastCoastBronco
09-13-2010, 08:58 AM
My 2 Cents...

-Orton looked pretty damn good for 90% of the game. His passes were on the money and
he made good decisions. Other than that final pick (he really, really needs to work on the panic factor during the 2 minute drill) I thought he did well.

-WR's looked really good. We all know what Royal can do when he gets the ball in space but I had no idea that Lloyd could play like that. Graham and Gaffney were solid as well. When Thomas gets back it should free Royal up even more.

-RB's...Moreneo was another nice surprise. It's great to see what he can do when he's healthy. He can run between the tackles when needed but he had a couple of great runs around the end too. That one where he hurdled the linebacker was great. Buck isn't 100% yet (neither is Moreno for that matter) and when he gets back to full power we will have a nice 1-2 punch.

O-Line...The weakest link of our O. I realize that we have a lot of injuries and new guys here but there is a lot of room for improvement. However, after watching the Dallas/Washington game last night I would much rather have our bunch of hogs than the ones they have in Dallas...;-)

Defence... We really miss Doom here, but I thought Ayers played well. I didn't see him quit on any play. Champ got toasted a couple of times but played a solid game. DJ, for the most part, played lights out. He was all over the place and laying lumber. Dawkins is great run support but his pass covering skills are questionable. Ryan McBean should be cut out of sheer stupidity. Overall I thought they did a good job stopping the Pocket Hercules. Curiously enough, it is our pass coverage that really worries me...;-)

Overall: Using my 3 main criteria for deciding games between evenly matched teams:

1) Refs: I thought that the refs called a fair game. They let them play. I wasn't screaming at them through the TV like I was during the Dallas/Wash game. What a mess that was.
2) Lucky Breaks: Nothing really comes to mind other than that one play where we stopped their receiver a yard shy of the marker and they marked it an inch from the marker.
3) Mistakes: These are what killed us and turned out being the deciding factors in the game. The holding call on the first drive. Buck's fumble on the second drive. McBean's idiotic 30 yards worth of penalties. Orton's two minute drill panic attack which caused him to throw to a blanketed Eddie Royal rather than a wiiiiide open Jabbar Gafney.

Maybe I've got my orange colored glasses on or maybe after 15 years of marriage and 2 kids I just don't take it all as seriously as I used to but I thought that we played a pretty decent game yesterday. There were a lot more bright spots than glaring bad ones. I think we will continue to improve as we get our injured guys back to full health and that, at worst we'll finish 8-8 again. We'll be back on top again sometime but until then I just plan on enjoying the ride...

Bring on the much improved Seahawks...

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 09:11 AM
My 2 Cents...

-Orton looked pretty damn good for 90% of the game. His passes were on the money and
he made good decisions. Other than that final pick (he really, really needs to work on the panic factor during the 2 minute drill) I thought he did well.

-WR's looked really good. We all know what Royal can do when he gets the ball in space but I had no idea that Lloyd could play like that. Graham and Gaffney were solid as well. When Thomas gets back it should free Royal up even more.

-RB's...Moreneo was another nice surprise. It's great to see what he can do when he's healthy. He can run between the tackles when needed but he had a couple of great runs around the end too. That one where he hurdled the linebacker was great. Buck isn't 100% yet (neither is Moreno for that matter) and when he gets back to full power we will have a nice 1-2 punch.

O-Line...The weakest link of our O. I realize that we have a lot of injuries and new guys here but there is a lot of room for improvement. However, after watching the Dallas/Washington game last night I would much rather have our bunch of hogs than the ones they have in Dallas...;-)

Defence... We really miss Doom here, but I thought Ayers played well. I didn't see him quit on any play. Champ got toasted a couple of times but played a solid game. DJ, for the most part, played lights out. He was all over the place and laying lumber. Dawkins is great run support but his pass covering skills are questionable. Ryan McBean should be cut out of sheer stupidity. Overall I thought they did a good job stopping the Pocket Hercules. Curiously enough, it is our pass coverage that really worries me...;-)

Overall: Using my 3 main criteria for deciding games between evenly matched teams:

1) Refs: I thought that the refs called a fair game. They let them play. I wasn't screaming at them through the TV like I was during the Dallas/Wash game. What a mess that was.
2) Lucky Breaks: Nothing really comes to mind other than that one play where we stopped their receiver a yard shy of the marker and they marked it an inch from the marker.
3) Mistakes: These are what killed us and turned out being the deciding factors in the game. The holding call on the first drive. Buck's fumble on the second drive. McBean's idiotic 30 yards worth of penalties. Orton's two minute drill panic attack which caused him to throw to a blanketed Eddie Royal rather than a wiiiiide open Jabbar Gafney.

Maybe I've got my orange colored glasses on or maybe after 15 years of marriage and 2 kids I just don't take it all as seriously as I used to but I thought that we played a pretty decent game yesterday. There were a lot more bright spots than glaring bad ones. I think we will continue to improve as we get our injured guys back to full health and that, at worst we'll finish 8-8 again. We'll be back on top again sometime but until then I just plan on enjoying the ride...

Bring on the much improved Seahawks...

Great post:beer:

except for the improved seahawks part:tsk::lol:, they look like trash.....Alex smith and mike singletary and San Fran gift wrapped that win and handed it to them on a silver platter after signing here is a free one boys......

Nomad
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Great post:beer:

except for the improved seahawks part:tsk::lol:, they look like trash.....Alex smith and mike singletary and San Fran gift wrapped that win and handed it to them on a silver platter after signing here is a free one boys......

If we lose to the Seahawks (which we won't), I'll have to bury my head in the sand because I won't hear the end of it from my father in law and brother in law!! Singletary thanked the Seahawks though:lol:

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
If we lose to the Seahawks (which we won't), I'll have to bury my head in the sand because I won't hear the end of it from my father in law and brother in law!! Singletary thanked the Seahawks though:lol:

if we lose to seattle we are in trouble......and i meant that objectively, but seriously......we have to respond with physicality and toughness next week.....we have to......:beer:

Northman
09-13-2010, 10:37 AM

I dont see how whipping a team 31-6 is looking like trash. I was never sold on SF anyway but Seattle may be a lot better than even you are giving credit for. In fact, i fear Hasselback far more than i do Garrard thats for sure and we saw what happened yesterday. :lol:

TXBRONC
09-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I dont see how whipping a team 31-6 is looking like trash. I was never sold on SF anyway but Seattle may be a lot better than even you are giving credit for. In fact, i fear Hasselback far more than i do Garrard thats for sure and we saw what happened yesterday. :lol:

I watched part of the 49er vs. Seahawks game and it seemed to me be as much the ineptness of the 49ers as anything else. Offensively the Seahawks did look spectacluar but this is a new week so we'll see what happens.

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM

actually garrad has awlays been a solid Qb go loook at his numbers in the past against us and i will tell you why i always fear him more than matt hassleback i dont fear seattle next week at all.....i have some worries and doubts about how we will respond, but seattle itself as a team...POWDER PUFFS in for a long season......

i know you have huge doubts and i aint trying to sway it, but san francisco gift wrapped that win to seattle on a silver platter, take what we gave jacksonville in mistakes and multiply it by ten...thats what san fran played like......

i never thought a singletary team would play like that, but those guys showed up and thought that just by being there a win would occur.....they forgot this is the NFL and even bottom feeders like seattle can play solid and make you look ordinary, when you dont care and just try and go through the motions see detroit and its 40 point romp against us a few years back............

oakland is a horrible team but they have laid some woopings on us when we thought it was gonna be a walk in the park, thats exactly what happened to san fran yesterday....

if we lose to seattle are season is on a downhill track very quickly, but as far as being concerned about how tough they are becasue they beat a 7-9 team becasue they didnt show up and handed the game away...no not concerned in the least...just my take man....:beer:

I Eat Staples
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
actually our secondary is still good our.....saftey coverage(more specifically renaldo hill)isnt that great, nate jones, champ and goodman did there job just fine.......most of garrards damage came against hill/lb's and dawkins

Yeah, I love Dawkins but he's not that good in coverage. Champ is a gimme, he took Sims-Walker out of the game and we shouldn't expect any less. Renaldo Hill needs to be replaced next offseason. And I'm definitely not just going by 1 game. Our LBs can't cover very well either

Hasselbeck is a much better QB than Garrard. He's old and has had trouble staying healthy, but he was at one point a top 10 QB. Garrard has always been, and always will be, a bottom 10 QB. But then again, aren't those the type we struggle with? Campbell and Russell come to mind...

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I love Dawkins but he's not that good in coverage. Champ is a gimme, he took Sims-Walker out of the game and we shouldn't expect any less. Renaldo Hill needs to be replaced next offseason. And I'm definitely not just going by 1 game. Our LBs can't cover very well either

Hasselbeck is a much better QB than Garrard. He's old and has had trouble staying healthy, but he was at one point a top 10 QB. Garrard has always been, and always will be, a bottom 10 QB. But then again, aren't those the type we struggle with? Campbell and Russell come to mind...

im am giving you a high five for your post but only for the first part:D:tsk:...

garrad has gone to the pro bowl FWIW, pro bowl qbs arent bottom ten even if its by default...and garrad has always torched us, always, we just never match up against jacksonville, this is the closet we have been to even coming close to physically matching them in some years......

I Eat Staples
09-13-2010, 03:10 PM
im am giving you a high five for your post but only for the first part:D:tsk:...

garrad has gone to the pro bowl FWIW, pro bowl qbs arent bottom ten even if its by default...and garrad has always torched us, always, we just never match up against jacksonville, this is the closet we have been to even coming close to physically matching them in some years......

I know he's torched us in the past, but so has Russell and I'm sure everyone agrees that he's a terrible QB. I really don't know how Garrard made the pro-bowl. The only positive about him is that he doesn't throw many picks.

Lonestar
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
if we lose to seattle we are in trouble......and i meant that objectively, but seriously......we have to respond with physicality and toughness next week.....we have to......:beer:

As SFO found out they are playing with emotion and frankly have a lot of talent up there.

Coupled with some plays that no one has seen they will be hard to beat the new old guy Pete is a good coach. they will be a surprise team this year, and frankly might just go from almost last to first because of the conference they are in.

Northman
09-13-2010, 03:13 PM

I think Brian Griese is a pro bowl Qb isnt he?

Northman
09-13-2010, 03:13 PM
As SFO found out they are playing with emotion and frankly have a lot of talent up there.

Coupled with some plays that no one has seen they will be hard to beat the new old guy Pete is a good coach. they will be a surprise team this year, and frankly might just go from almost last to first because of the conference they are in.

Im probably one of the few who thought Carroll did admirably in NY when he was last there as HC.

I Eat Staples
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM

I'm not sure we share the same opinion of what talent is, because I can't find much of it in Seattle.

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM

lol i said by default dammnit.:tsk:..lol...i know this i was just pointing out garrad is not bottom ten he is middle tier, honestly much like orton in some ways.....

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
I know he's torched us in the past, but so has Russell and I'm sure everyone agrees that he's a terrible QB. I really don't know how Garrard made the pro-bowl. The only positive about him is that he doesn't throw many picks.

he controls the game, and makes plays when he has to.....sound familiar...lol....anyways i dont think he is a worldbeater, but i have never felt he was a horrible qb not like some of the bottom feeders in the league...

TXBRONC
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Im probably one of the few who thought Carroll did admirably in NY when he was last there as HC.

You probably are North. :lol:

I think he's kind of goofy but hey if he carry his college success into the NFL more power to him.

Lonestar
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM

there are a lot of pro bowlers that made it one time never to be seen again and frankly had griese played the whole season I doubt he would have made it as that was based on a very short season. It would not have taken teh DC much longer to take away what he was doing dinking and dunking.

Pete was out of his ellement in the NFL and frankly I thin will eb again. great coach but easly one of the best college coacheds in a long time. HE is only in the NFL because he knew he would have had his/USCs hand slapped harder if he was still there he got out while teh getting was good and got a hell of a raise while doing so.

IMO he will bugger out in a few years after doing well but it is not like college were you have some control over the players and what they can do.
Unlike the primadona loaded NFL rosters.

lol i said by default dammnit.:tsk:..lol...i know this i was just pointing out garrad is not bottom ten he is middle tier, honestly much like orton in some ways.....

Passing (Qualified* | All) Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
1 Matt Schaub HOU QB 396 583 67.9 36.4 4,770 8.2 298.1 29 15 230 39.5 72T 62 15 25 98.6
2 Peyton Manning IND QB 393 571 68.8 35.7 4,500 7.9 281.2 33 16 237 41.5 80T 59 8 10 99.9
3 Tony Romo DAL QB 347 550 63.1 34.4 4,483 8.2 280.2 26 9 203 36.9 80T 61 17 34 97.6
4 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 350 541 64.7 33.8 4,434 8.2 277.1 30 7 197 36.4 83T 55 17 50 103.2
5 Tom Brady NE QB 371 565 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 13 214 37.9 81T 43 12 16 96.2
6 Drew Brees NO QB 363 514 70.6 34.3 4,388 8.5 292.5 34 11 210 40.9 75T 58 11 20 109.6
7 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 337 506 66.6 33.7 4,328 8.6 288.5 26 12 202 39.9 60T 61 14 50 100.5
8 Philip Rivers SD QB 317 486 65.2 30.4 4,254 8.8 265.9 28 9 208 42.8 81T 64 12 25 104.4
9 Brett Favre MIN QB 363 531 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 7 211 39.7 63 52 13 34 107.2
10 Eli Manning NYG QB 317 509 62.3 31.8 4,021 7.9 251.3 27 14 183 36.0 74T 60 12 30 93.1
11 Kyle Orton DEN QB 336 541 62.1 33.8 3,802 7.0 237.6 21 12 185 34.2 87T 43 9 29 86.8
12 Kurt Warner ARI QB 339 513 66.1 34.2 3,753 7.3 250.2 26 14 191 37.2 45 42 3 24 93.2
13 Jay Cutler CHI QB 336 555 60.5 34.7 3,666 6.6 229.1 27 26 170 30.6 71 56 6 35 76.8
14 Jason Campbell WAS QB 327 507 64.5 31.7 3,618 7.1 226.1 20 15 186 36.7 84 40 8 43 86.4
15 Joe Flacco BAL QB 315 499 63.1 31.2 3,613 7.2 225.8 21 12 186 37.3 72T 44 8 36 88.9
16 David Garrard JAC QB 314 516 60.9 32.2 3,597 7.0 224.8 15 10 170 32.9 63 44 6 42 83.5

or by QB rating

Passing (Qualified* | All) Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
1 Drew Brees NO QB 363 514 70.6 34.3 4,388 8.5 292.5 34 11 210 40.9 75T 58 11 20 109.6
2 Brett Favre MIN QB 363 531 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 7 211 39.7 63 52 13 34 107.2
3 Philip Rivers SD QB 317 486 65.2 30.4 4,254 8.8 265.9 28 9 208 42.8 81T 64 12 25 104.4
4 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 350 541 64.7 33.8 4,434 8.2 277.1 30 7 197 36.4 83T 55 17 50 103.2
5 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 337 506 66.6 33.7 4,328 8.6 288.5 26 12 202 39.9 60T 61 14 50 100.5
6 Peyton Manning IND QB 393 571 68.8 35.7 4,500 7.9 281.2 33 16 237 41.5 80T 59 8 10 99.9
7 Matt Schaub HOU QB 396 583 67.9 36.4 4,770 8.2 298.1 29 15 230 39.5 72T 62 15 25 98.6
8 Tony Romo DAL QB 347 550 63.1 34.4 4,483 8.2 280.2 26 9 203 36.9 80T 61 17 34 97.6
9 Tom Brady NE QB 371 565 65.7 35.3 4,398 7.8 274.9 28 13 214 37.9 81T 43 12 16 96.2
10 Kurt Warner ARI QB 339 513 66.1 34.2 3,753 7.3 250.2 26 14 191 37.2 45 42 3 24 93.2
11 Eli Manning NYG QB 317 509 62.3 31.8 4,021 7.9 251.3 27 14 183 36.0 74T 60 12 30 93.1
12 Donovan McNabb PHI QB 267 443 60.3 31.6 3,553 8.0 253.8 22 10 148 33.4 60T 55 17 35 92.9
13 Joe Flacco BAL QB 315 499 63.1 31.2 3,613 7.2 225.8 21 12 186 37.3 72T 44 8 36 88.9
14 Kyle Orton DEN QB 336 541 62.1 33.8 3,802 7.0 237.6 21 12 185 34.2 87T 43 9 29 86.8
15 Jason Campbell WAS QB 327 507 64.5 31.7 3,618 7.1 226.1 20 15 186 36.7 84 40 8 43 86.4
16 Carson Palmer CIN QB 282 466 60.5 29.1 3,094 6.6 193.4 21 13 158 33.9 73 36 5 26 83.6
17 David Garrard JAC QB 314 516 60.9 32.2 3,597 7.0 224.8 15 10 170 32.9 63 44 6 42 83.5 nothing special