PDA

View Full Version : being behind

horsepig
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
We can't seem to matriculate the ball down the field unless we're behind.

Players?

Coaching?

Northman
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Someone mentioned that Orton looks more comfortable in the 2 minute drill. Maybe McD should go with the no-huddle?

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Someone mentioned that Orton looks more comfortable in the 2 minute drill. Maybe McD should go with the no-huddle?

It was me :D

I have made that observation since last year.

This team is drastically different in the hurry up or 2 minute! Why not run it more especially at home with the altitude advantage?

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM
the way to be in most instances, but not in football

LawDog
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
We can't seem to matriculate the ball down the field unless we're behind.

Players?

Coaching?

/// threadjack ///

I don't think matriculate is the word you are looking for, as we can matriculate drives (or start them), we just can't seem to precipitate (or advance) them.

/// off ///

horsepig
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
/// threadjack ///

I don't think matriculate is the word you are looking for, as we can matriculate drives (or start them), we just can't seem to precipitate (or advance) them.

/// off ///

I'm facetiously quoting the one and only Hank Stram. Catch up on your AFC histiry.

honz
09-12-2010, 04:34 PM
the way to be in most instances, but not in football

What about running BEHIND a blocker?

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
What about running BEHIND a blocker?

there you go Honz. There you go.

topscribe
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
/// threadjack ///

/// off ///

:tsk:

-----

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
:tsk:

-----

I didn't understand that post Top with the //.

gobroncsnv
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
We were moving the ball in the first quarter with the score 0-0... maybe that means behind. Then Bucks fumbles. Was a great opening drive, though, until...

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
yeah, Buck really shit the bed on that one.

MasterShake
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
yeah, Buck really shit the bed on that one.

The holding call on the first drive and the Buck fumble cost us the game the more I think about it. We should have been up early. We moved the ball a HELL of a lot better than we did week 1 against Cincy last year. Personally I hated that we lost (like all of us obviously) but the loss didn't sting as bad for some reason. I think deep down I thought we were gonna lose by at least 10.

It was nice to see us get that quick score before the half. It seems in years past we would just do a few run plays and run out the clock. I definitely saw some more aggressive playcalling, and if Orton wasn't running for his life most of the day (was it 3 sacks or 4?) he would have had a great game. That last INT was just a culmination of the pressure he had been facing all day. I know I sound like an apologist, but I thought the positives outweighed the negatives in many ways but the negatives were bad enough to cost us a win. :lol:

I think we blow Seattle out of the water next week FWIW.

sneakers
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
How many bubble screens did we run today?

mopatt24
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM
The holding call on the first drive and the Buck fumble cost us the game the more I think about it. We should have been up early. We moved the ball a HELL of a lot better than we did week 1 against Cincy last year. Personally I hated that we lost (like all of us obviously) but the loss didn't sting as bad for some reason. I think deep down I thought we were gonna lose by at least 10.

It was nice to see us get that quick score before the half. It seems in years past we would just do a few run plays and run out the clock. I definitely saw some more aggressive playcalling, and if Orton wasn't running for his life most of the day (was it 3 sacks or 4?) he would have had a great game. That last INT was just a culmination of the pressure he had been facing all day. I know I sound like an apologist, but I thought the positives outweighed the negatives in many ways but the negatives were bad enough to cost us a win. :lol:

I think we blow Seattle out of the water next week FWIW.

Agree with you 100%

To answer the question of the thread, i would say players.
Watching the pre-season and todays game, I believe Demaryius Thomas will play a key role in the offense much like Moss did in McDaniels patriots offense. I really can't wait to see this kid play

sneakers
09-12-2010, 09:56 PM
/// threadjack ///

/// off ///

This is how you jack a thread (try to be as confusing as possible):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K-W3DdZpZMw/SYo-FjRpAdI/AAAAAAAAACs/KUs9fGE8XOg/s320/1233620979157.png

LawDog
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm facetiously quoting the one and only Hank Stram. Catch up on your AFC histiry.

My bad, need to go dust off my histiry book...

Oh, and nice pull in that case then.