BroncoWave
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5563940

Sources: Tim Tebow is No. 2 QB
EmailPrintComments
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
Tim Tebow will be the Denver Broncos' No. 2 quarterback Sunday versus Jacksonville, backing up Kyle Orton, according to team sources.

AFC West blog
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Tebow has been told he will play Sunday, too. The Broncos have a package of plays that they have installed for Tebow to use in front of the Jacksonville crowd he grew up around.

One of the biggest surprises of the 2010 draft came when Denver selected Tebow 25th overall. Though the three-time All-American from Florida won the Heisman Trophy in 2007 and led the Gators to a pair of BCS national championships, his ability to be a pocket passer in the NFL was questioned.

Tebow finished the 2010 preseason completing 25 of 39 passes for 344 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

Tebow, who grew up 20 minutes from the stadium, purchased about 50 tickets for Sunday's game.

His family and friends will now get to watch him make his NFL debut in a stadium in which he helped lead Florida to a 3-1 record against Georgia.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

BroncoBJ
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Good stuff. I just saw him say it on sportscenter just now. Gonna be exciting. Damn, gotta love gameday :elefant:

T.K.O.
09-12-2010, 09:12 AM
this is gonna be FuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuN !:elefant::beer:

Tned-Mobile
09-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Glad to see this.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ziggy
09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
No surprise here. They didn't spend parts of training camp practicing with Tebow in special packages for nothing. I'll be looking forward to seeing him in short yardage and goal line situations.

camdisco24
09-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Gotta love it!
GO BRONCOS!

honz
09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh god, I'm excited but scared at the same time.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Can you remember how many people said he would sit the bench! I am goin to the store right now to get ready. People are already tailgating now!!!!! The only problem with games this early is people get drunk early and it will be 105 degrees on the field. Go Broncos! Oh me too I'm excited but scared too. Keep Alualua (?) away from Orton and Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.K.O.
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Can you remember how many people said he would sit the bench! I am goin to the store right now to get ready. People are already tailgating now!!!!! The only problem with games this early is people get drunk early and it will be 105 degrees on the field. Go Broncos! Oh me too I'm excited but scared too. Keep Alualua (?) away from Orton and Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's ok if orton gets drunk ,tebow can play:salute::laugh:

T.K.O.
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh god, I'm excited but scared at the same time.

dont be exscared....the broncos are gonna "dazzle" the nfl today with an offensive showcase ,the likes of which have never been seen !:salute:

or just play well enough to win....that would be cool too !

Italianmobstr7
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm so dang excited for just football in general! Excited to get a glimpse of Tebow in special packages, but really just to see our whole team! GO BRONCOS!!!

underrated29
09-12-2010, 10:29 AM
As long as we dont blow out or get blown out. I guarantee that we will be one of the 4 teams for NFL replay.

This is good too, I want TT backing up orton, weather its just special packages or legit backup, quinn sucks testies.

BroncoJoe
09-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I really thought McD would have all three QB's on the active roster for the first few games so he could play any of them without repercussion.

Quinn's (and Tebow's) preseason play made the decision I guess...

rcsodak
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I really thought McD would have all three QB's on the active roster for the first few games so he could play any of them without repercussion.

Quinn's (and Tebow's) preseason play made the decision I guess...
You do know 3rd qb cant play til 4th qtr right? I mean he CAN, but......

BroncoJoe
09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
You do know 3rd qb cant play til 4th qtr right? I mean he CAN, but......

That's only if he's (the 3rd QB) listed as inactive/emergency. If all three are active, they can all play at any point without deactivating the others.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the rule.

honz
09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
That's only if he's (the 3rd QB) listed as inactive/emergency. If all three are active, they can all play at any point without deactivating the others.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the rule.
Yes, you are correct, good sir.

CrazyHorse
09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Hells Yeah!