PDA

View Full Version : Positive Only: Jaguars' week - pre-game, in-game and post-game discussion

Tned
09-12-2010, 12:01 AM
This thread is only for people posting positive comments. Anything else will be deleted and multiple infractions may be dealt with more severely (can you say ban??).

If you choose to post in both game-day threads, be SURE you know which one you are in if you post anything but positive comments.

Thanks and Go Broncos!!!

Lonestar
09-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the game day. Hoping we can finally win one in an early game in florida.

It should be extra hot and humid.

Go TEAM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jaws
09-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Consensus amongst these three writers (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/denver-broncos/entry/broncos_jaguars_our_writers_predict) that the Broncos will get the W.

My feeling - it's going to be close, but I believe we can just squeak this!

Go BRONCOS!

Nomad
09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

MileHighCrew
09-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I feel nothing but positive 3 hours before kickoff... other than I wish it was closer., here is to a great Broncos season

UnderArmour
09-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Tim Tebow will score at least 2 touchdowns. Broncos win in a rout, 45-13.

Northman
09-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Lets get the season off to a roar.....at the Jaguars expense. :)

camdisco24
09-12-2010, 09:35 AM
SO pumped! Let's get us a big win today boys!

frauschieze
09-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Here's to breaking the September/Florida curse. I've got a good feeling......

tripleoption
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Can't watch the game today, but GO BRONCOS! BEAT THE KITTEHS!

T.K.O.
09-12-2010, 10:20 AM
i'm outta here people ! gotta go make a pile of guacaMOLE' to go with my enchilasagna ,also making home made pizza rolls.
hope you all have a FANTASTIC day and
GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute::beer::elefant:

broncofaninfla
09-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Let the season begin! I hope it's good one and we start off 1-0!

Jaws
09-12-2010, 11:01 AM
We're unbeaten. Let's rejoice! :D

soonerjh
09-12-2010, 11:07 AM
come on Broncos! lets have a great start to a great season!!!

Italianmobstr7
09-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Go broncos!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
:salute:GO BRONCOS :salute:

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 12:00 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

Nomad
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

We have a AZ Snake sighting.....Now the game can begin :D:salute:

GEM
09-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Woooohooooo!!!! Let's get ready to

RUMBLE!!!!

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Yay !!!
Nice pass.

Go Knowshon !

Yay !!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Keep it going Offense - GREAT START SO FAR :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2010, 12:08 PM
DANG - make them beat you - stop the penalties :tsk: Great - first down taken away by a penalty

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Come on D !!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Let's go :defense: - 3 and OUT

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
the fellas look good in their uniforms. I am so prould of them

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
love me some ER

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
nice catch there Royal.

Jaws
09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
That hanging play to Royal was slo mo.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Great :defense: - NOW - no penalties - no turnovers Broncos

Kyle - 10/12 - 121 yards, and NOTHING so far to show for it :tsk:

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Great :defense: - NOW - no penalties - no turnovers Broncos

Kyle - 10/12 - 121 yards, and NOTHING so far to show for it :tsk:

I think someone's being a bit negative.

broncogirl7
09-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Come on Broncos!!!!! 24-20, you can do it!!!!!

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 01:28 PM
:woot:

K. Orton 13/18 195 yds 1TD

E. Royal 5/78 yds
B. Lloyd 2/54 yds
D. Graham 2/36 yds

Now get in the locker room and get some I.V.s !

:beer:

(Is Carol going to be banned ?)

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Great stop D !!!

Broncos' ball on the 40,
Make 'em pay !

Az Snake
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Great catch Gaffney !
Running like you're angry Knowshon.
1st and goal !

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Moreno looks much better and faster.

Team played much better on the east coast in the early game than in years past.

Elevation inc
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM

I agree:beer:

i saw some things that worried me..penalties/special teams/no pass rush...but for the most part i think we are on the right track.......

jhildebrand
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM

i saw some things that worried me..penalties/special teams/no pass rush...but for the most part i think we are on the right track.......

Our WR's look good and we didn't even see Decker or DT.

Some discipline issues but I expect that on the road and in an environment like today.

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM

a loss sucks, but we, errr they, really didn't play that bad today. too much pressure on Orton. He might need to get rid of the ball quicker, but the pockets seems to break down quickley. I'm afraid he's gonna get significantly injured one of these times. If it's for a few games or worse, we'll be in the shitter, because he's definitely one of the bright spots right now.

Jaws
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Still quite confident that this team can put up a decent show this season.
Seachickens Colorado fried on a platter should get things off and running nicely next week.

OrangeHoof
09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
WOO-HOO! We're tied for second in the AFC West!!! :beer:

Jagsbch
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Broncos won the time of possession battle

They held MJD to less than 100 yards rushing

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM

There's going to be a 3 way tie after tomorrow...:lol:

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the game day. Hoping we can finally win one in an early game in florida.

It should be extra hot and humid.

Go TEAM.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I think I heard that today was the hottest day for a Jags game.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
a loss sucks, but we, errr they, really didn't play that bad today. too much pressure on Orton. He might need to get rid of the ball quicker, but the pockets seems to break down quickley. I'm afraid he's gonna get significantly injured one of these times. If it's for a few games or worse, we'll be in the shitter, because he's definitely one of the bright spots right now.

Great game for me, it was my first I do think Orton tends to hold the ball a tad bit too long. Overall, I now love Royal. I think the playbook needs to be opened and Rock and Roll. I wanted to see more Tebow. Overall, I was impressed. What I want to see, which will never happen, is that McD builds the offense around Tebow (in time), then you will see a different team. I was stoked today because I was thrilled watching the Broncos. We need to work on some areas but overall I was impressed with the Entire Team..........

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Great game for me, it was my first I do think Orton tends to hold the ball a tad bit too long. Overall, I now love Royal. I think the playbook needs to be opened and Rock and Roll. I wanted to see more Tebow. Overall, I was impressed. What I want to see, which will never happen, is that McD builds the offense around Tebow (in time), then you will see a different team. I was stoked today because I was thrilled watching the Broncos. We need to work on some areas but overall I was impressed with the Entire Team..........

Are you just now starting to watch NFL games? And just now became a Broncos fan because of Tebow?

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Are you just now starting to watch NFL games? And just now became a Broncos fan because of Tebow?

KCL... back off. She's my friend.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-12-2010, 08:23 PM

I am trying to learn about the entire team. Yes, I love Tebow, must give credit to Orton, I am still stoked, we need work in a few areas and Royal is awesome..................I still think we should have won the game. :welcome:

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
KCL... back off. She's my friend.

nut...:kiss: my ass

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I am trying to learn about the entire team. Yes, I love Tebow, must give credit to Orton, I am still stoked, we need work in a few areas and Royal is awesome..................I still think we should have won the game. :welcome:

:welcome: to you as well...:D

BroncoNut
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
:welcome: to you as well...:D

O.K. good . Now are you girls cool?

OrangeHoof
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Great game for me, it was my first

I think I saw you! Were you the girl in Section 435? There were so few people at the game that I think CBS gave everyone individual face time. :welcome:

KCL
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM
O.K. good . Now are you girls cool?

Shut up trouble maker...I was just asking as I don't follow college ball or any specific players for that matter since my guy left the team.

Watchthemiddle
09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Chick fight!!!!

KCL
09-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Chick fight!!!!

No...nut and I are not fighting...how you doing G?

Elevation inc
09-13-2010, 02:36 AM

right where we thought we would be....hahaha

pnbronco
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Could not pick up the game in IA and ESPN did not give any recaps when I was listening. So I just watched the highlights on the Bronco website. It looks like they had some good plays. Also I heard on the radio that we had some really costly mistakes and that ST was bad yesterday.

I have no idea how Moreno played other than the highlights, but for a kid that's been out all of the pre-season he looked good to me. I'm hopeful that they can learn from their mistakes and play stronger and better next week. I'm in Denver for 24 hrs and then head out to San Diego. Will be driving back from San Diego for the next game.

Due to serious time constraints for the next 2 weeks. I will look on this thread and in the positives from the game thread. Bummer will the end result, but to me it sounded like there were mistakes that can be corrected. As OH said in our division there will only be one 1-0 at the end of week one.

jhildebrand
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Could not pick up the game in IA and ESPN did not give any recaps when I was listening. So I just watched the highlights on the Bronco website. It looks like they had some good plays. Also I heard on the radio that we had some really costly mistakes and that ST was bad yesterday.

I have no idea how Moreno played other than the highlights, but for a kid that's been out all of the pre-season he looked good to me. I'm hopeful that they can learn from their mistakes and play stronger and better next week. I'm in Denver for 24 hrs and then head out to San Diego. Will be driving back from San Diego for the next game.

Due to serious time constraints for the next 2 weeks. I will look on this thread and in the positives from the game thread. Bummer will the end result, but to me it sounded like there were mistakes that can be corrected. As OH said in our division there will only be one 1-0 at the end of week one.

I am excited about Moreno's play. I am not willing to give him the lack of playing excuse or injury bit others are. He was out there and good enough to run it 15 times. That tells me he was good enough for 25. Basically, he doesn't need any excuse makers. His play was pretty good yesterday, IMHO.

Special Teams is a NIGHTMARE. Something has to be done and done quickly. It seemed like Jax was starting at their 45 and us our 5.

Despite everything, this team did more to lose, IMO, than the Jags did to win.

topscribe
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
nut...:kiss: my ass

Now, had I known you were going to post this, I could have equipped you better.

As in . . . :kiss: my http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/moon.gif

:D

-----

pnbronco
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I am excited about Moreno's play. I am not willing to give him the lack of playing excuse or injury bit others are. He was out there and good enough to run it 15 times. That tells me he was good enough for 25. Basically, he doesn't need any excuse makers. His play was pretty good yesterday, IMHO.

Special Teams is a NIGHTMARE. Something has to be done and done quickly. It seemed like Jax was starting at their 45 and us our 5.

Despite everything, this team did more to lose, IMO, than the Jags did to win.

Fair enough....what I'm hoping is that they can see what the did to lose, correct those mistakes and play stronger and stronger as the season progresses....

pnbronco
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Now, had I known you were going to post this, I could have equipped you better.

As in . . . :kiss: my http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/moon.gif

:D

-----

Stop it....I just spit on my screen....you are just too cute Top......:D

Nomad
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Fair enough....what I'm hoping is that they can see what the did to lose, correct those mistakes and play stronger and stronger as the season progresses....

I hope so too! It would great to see the BRONCOS get stronger as the season goes rather than what we have seen in recent years!

So as you are driving everywhere, do you sing in your head......'wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.....':D I hope you have safe travels!!

Lonestar
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I think I heard that today was the hottest day for a Jags game.

It was indeed the hottest game on record for JAX and that includes a cool down period when it was weather delayed.

I was there once and figured out real quick it was a swamp surrounded by more swamp and then the ocean.

The only place on record that humidity starts at 80% and goes to 148%. :laugh::laugh:

The team should be call THE JAGUAR because there can't be two of them in FL and that ONE got lost and went south instead of north.

Tned
09-13-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm not going to view that game through rose-colored glasses (or orange and blue ones for that matter), so I won't say that we were a couple freak plays away from a win, and that we look like SB contenders.

However, what I will say is that I think that there were quite a few things to be encouraged about.

The run defense did a pretty good job against a beastly little runner in MJD.
The pass rush wasn't what I would like to see, but hat isn't too surprising with the loss of Doom.
Based on memory, we struggled covering the slot/TE, but our outside coverage seemed good. Not quite the "one of the best secondaries in football" that the talking heads have been proclaiming it, so I'm hoping we just chalk it up to a bad game for the safties/nickel backs.
Unlike some, I thought Moreno looked solid. He doesn't look like he is going to be a home run thread, but he does look like he can get the job done.
Considering the guys recovering from injuries and the three rookies on the O-line, they did a very good job in pass protection.
Orton had good and bad, but mostly good. Made several nice deep throws, and showed some decent mobility in the pocket, both buying time and running for yards.

So, there were enough good things to hold out hope of better games in the future. Kind of like golfer that shoots in mid 90's or higher, who on 18 finally hits that 'best drive of the day', which makes him want to come back, because next week he might hit three drives like that.

pnbronco
09-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not going to view that game through rose-colored glasses (or orange and blue ones for that matter), so I won't say that we were a couple freak plays away from a win, and that we look like SB contenders.

However, what I will say is that I think that there were quite a few things to be encouraged about.

The run defense did a pretty good job against a beastly little runner in MJD.
The pass rush wasn't what I would like to see, but hat isn't too surprising with the loss of Doom.
Based on memory, we struggled covering the slot/TE, but our outside coverage seemed good. Not quite the "one of the best secondaries in football" that the talking heads have been proclaiming it, so I'm hoping we just chalk it up to a bad game for the safties/nickel backs.
Unlike some, I thought Moreno looked solid. He doesn't look like he is going to be a home run thread, but he does look like he can get the job done.
Considering the guys recovering from injuries and the three rookies on the O-line, they did a very good job in pass protection.
Orton had good and bad, but mostly good. Made several nice deep throws, and showed some decent mobility in the pocket, both buying time and running for yards.

So, there were enough good things to hold out hope of better games in the future. Kind of like golfer that shoots in mid 90's or higher, who on 18 finally hits that 'best drive of the day', which makes him want to come back, because next week he might hit three drives like that.

Thanks for the recap....it's what I gathered from the radio station 87.7 this morning when I was driving in. The foundation is being poured and who knows where it will go from there. So I'm hopeful but not drinking any koolaide.

What we've been talking about is all that I've wanted for a while. To be able to say well dang that didn't go how I had hoped but I can see some sunlight. Since my last post I've put in 3 orders and now I have to go cut a LOT of fabric, and that's a good thing, because it meant I sold a LOT of fabric. I hope you guys can keep posting on this thread, since it has the guild lines already in place. Plus I need to speed read in the 10 - 15 minutes I have here and there.....thanks guys.....:D

Also Normad if that song is stuck in my head I am positive I will be hunting you down.................... (Thank goodness for books on tape!).......:mad: