PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy's Week 1 Keys to the Game

Ziggy
09-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Here's my keys to game 1 in Jacksonville tomorrow:

On Defense:

1. Stop MJD. This isn't rocket science. When MJD rolls, the Jags roll. There may not be a more one dimensional team in the NFL. The Broncos have to make Gerrard beat them. I'll be looking for Champ to shadow Sims-Walker all day long, allowing the rest of the defense to concentrate on stopping the run and short passing game by Jacksonville.

2. Get off of the field. The forecast calls for 80 degree heat with 82% humidity at kickoff. The Broncos need get some 3rd down stops and get off of the field. Long drives by Jacksonville in that humidity will suck the life right out of a defense.

3. Early down success. The Broncos spent much of the offseason trying to improve the run D. They may have the largest front 7 in the NFL. If we can force the Jags into 2nd and 3rd and long situations, Wink can turn them loose. He teased us in the Pittsburgh game with a Ryan-esque type of defensive game plan. If the Broncos can shut down Jacksonville on first down, it's game on for the exotic blitz packages that Martindale is said to love to call.

On Offense:

1. Jump out to an early lead. The Broncos need to set the pace by scoring early. Jack Del Rio loves to hang around with the score close and pound the ball with MJD. The offense can help the defense by taking the Jags out of thier game plan. Early success will be critical in this one.

2. Attack the Jags secondary. Outside of Mathis, the Jags lack the talent in the backfield to shut down a team's passing game. As much as this forum hates the bubble screen, expect to see it often. The difference this season should be the occassional deep throw to keep defenses honest. The Broncos have some depth at WR. I expect McD to fully utilize it.

3. Control the line of scrimmage. The Jags have a revamped Dline, and the Broncos will have 3 new starters along thier revamped Oline. The unit that wins this matchup will win this game. I'll be looking for Graham to spend most of the game babysitting rookie Zane Beadles on the right side. It will be interesting to see if this young line can open some holes inside for Moreno to exploit.

These are my keys to the game. If the Broncos get caught up in a game of field position, the heat and humidity heavily favor the Jags. If they can jump out early, Jacksonville just doesn't have the ammo to survive a big deficit. Which team will play thier game?

Welcome to the 2010 NFL season my fellow Broncos fans. Win, lose, or draw....I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Are you ready for some football?

Magnificent Seven
09-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Just stop MJD & Garrard. Broncos will be fine. I am going to depend on Broncos' defense for this game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Great post Ziggy :salute:

Magnificent Seven
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks like Broncos are going to wear home game uniform at Jacksonville.

T.K.O.
09-11-2010, 09:17 PM
win the mother ******* game !!!!!!!!!!!
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2009/11/josh-mcdaniels-f-bomb.jpg

yeah....i'm on a roll !!!!!!!!!!!!:salute: