PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels waters down Broncos for Jacksonville

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16042830

— Yes, the Broncos have the Weather Channel on the cable at their Dove Valley complex.

And yes, Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels believes the team has done all it can to prepare for the heat and humidity that awaits them in Jacksonville for Sunday's season opener.

"We hydrated all week," McDaniels said today. "I think our guys have done a great job of really trying to pound fluids all week so they're not waiting to get an IV Sunday 20 minutes before kickoff."

The forecast calls for temperatures in the low 90s for the game, which would make it the hottest game even the Jaguars have played in during their franchise's history. McDaniels, team trainers and the coaches have carried the message through the week that it wouldn't be enough to simply drink plenty of fluids when the team arrived in Florida, that the players would have to do that all week.

Some players have carried gallon jugs of water and other drinks from meeting to meeting.

McDaniels has also preached the value of just playing because the weather is one of the things the team cannot control. The Broncos are 0-4 all time in September games in Florida with three of the losses coming since the start of the 1999 season.

On that list is a 7-6 loss in Jacksonville in 2004 to go with a 34-10 loss in Miami in 2005.

"The team that plays the best, I think, will be affected the least," McDaniels said. "The team that struggles early, if that's the case, or makes mental mistakes, you start to kind of allow those things to affect you more. We've just got to focus on trying to do our job early. We'll play all the active players we can," McDaniels said.

The only players to sit out today's practice were right tackle Ryan Harris (ankle) who is not expected to play Sunday and safety Darcel McBath (forearm), who is not expected to play.

Northman
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yea, i would love for us to open up with a win going out east.

Bosco
09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Yea, i would love for us to open up with a win going out east.

I don't want just a win. I want to obliterate the Jags. Not only am I still bitter about that game, I want to see us dis-spell the "we can't win in the heat" theory.

Set the tone for the season boys!

Nomad
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't want just a win. I want to obliterate the Jags. Not only am I still bitter about that game, I want to see us dis-spell the "we can't win in the heat" theory.

True! The altitude theory doesn't seem to be a factor anymore with other teams, so the BRONCOS need to get down to the Florida a do the same with the heat and humidity though it does suck!

Northman
09-10-2010, 06:51 PM

That would make my weekend. It would certainly make me feel pretty good about our situation right now.

Northman
09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
True! The altitude theory doesn't seem to be a factor anymore with other teams, so the BRONCOS need to get down to the Florida a do the same with the heat and humidity though it does suck!

Thats another thing. We need to re-establish the homefield advantage.

nevcraw
09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Thats another thing. We need to re-establish the homefield advantage.

winning will do that..

WARHORSE
09-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I dont want to win on sunday.

I want to CRUSH.
:salute::salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I was at the game in 2005 and even though it wasn't technically September anymore (Oct 2) it was still 100 degrees on the field that day. We won 20-17. I think we've got as good a chance as any laying a hurting on Jacksonville on Sunday. Heat or no heat, we've just got to get it done.

Bosco
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
we've just got to get it done.

http://knucklesunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jmmf.JPG

soonerjh
09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
shoot, all they have to do is spend a week down here in Oklahoma practicing, its hot, muggy and humid!

JaxBroncoGirl
09-11-2010, 06:50 AM
I was at the game in 2005 and even though it wasn't technically September anymore (Oct 2) it was still 100 degrees on the field that day. We won 20-17. I think we've got as good a chance as any laying a hurting on Jacksonville on Sunday. Heat or no heat, we've just got to get it done.

I was there too, I believe the on field temp will be around 103 on Sunday according the weather reports. I know it is apart of the game and all, I just feel sorry for the players, heck if we in the stands can barely stand it, lord how can the players take it.

TXBRONC
09-11-2010, 06:59 AM

Agreed however if we just squeek on a win I'll manage to be happy. :beer: