PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Coach - who are your inactives for Game #1

Grover
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM
It's hot and humid. Gotta make sure there's depth for the rotations. Bunch of new guys, couple of guys definitely out, but some others where you might need to protect some injuries from getting worse. There's 53 guys on the team and you need to weed out eight for the inactive list to get to game day 45.

I think there are four easy choices:

Brady Quinn - don't need 3 QBs and Mr. Jacksonville (Tebow) needs to play.
Darcel McBath - injured and hasn't practiced.
Ryan Harris - injured and reportedly out.
Eric Olsen - OL depth, but buried deep on the roster and I think we don't need him.

The team has 27 players on offense, 23 on defense, and 3 on Special Teams. Seems like since we are allocated heavily on the offensive side of the ball, that most of the inactives should be from the offensive side of the team.

Here's my remaining four inactives:

RB Andre Brown
WR Matthew Willis
TE Richard Quinn
DB Syd'quan Thompson

Everyone of these guys would be useful on game day, but I'm thinking that Nate Jones is more valuable than Thompson just cuz Nate can double at safety. I'm giving our new TE Gronkowski the start over Quinn because I think we need a pass catcher more than a blocking TE. All three TEs would be preferable, but with Clady coming back from injury, I'm carrying an extra OL just in case. Willis sits to give D. Thomas a start. Andre Brown sits just cuz he's new and we already have three RB.

What would you do?

dogfish
09-10-2010, 12:45 PM
ryan harris
darcel mcbath
eric decker
kevin vickerson
andre brown
eric olsen
cassius vaughn
brady quinn

broncofaninfla
09-10-2010, 01:04 PM
It's hot and humid. Gotta make sure there's depth for the rotations. Bunch of new guys, couple of guys definitely out, but some others where you might need to protect some injuries from getting worse. There's 53 guys on the team and you need to weed out eight for the inactive list to get to game day 45.

I think there are four easy choices:

Brady Quinn - don't need 3 QBs and Mr. Jacksonville (Tebow) needs to play.
Darcel McBath - injured and hasn't practiced.
Ryan Harris - injured and reportedly out.
Eric Olsen - OL depth, but buried deep on the roster and I think we don't need him.

The team has 27 players on offense, 23 on defense, and 3 on Special Teams. Seems like since we are allocated heavily on the offensive side of the ball, that most of the inactives should be from the offensive side of the team.

Here's my remaining four inactives:

RB Andre Brown
WR Matthew Willis
TE Richard Quinn
DB Syd'quan Thompson

Everyone of these guys would be useful on game day, but I'm thinking that Nate Jones is more valuable than Thompson just cuz Nate can double at safety. I'm giving our new TE Gronkowski the start over Quinn because I think we need a pass catcher more than a blocking TE. All three TEs would be preferable, but with Clady coming back from injury, I'm carrying an extra OL just in case. Willis sits to give D. Thomas a start. Andre Brown sits just cuz he's new and we already have three RB.

What would you do?

I'd go with the same list except DT instead of Willis. After his track record with injuries I can't help but think he is being rushed back yet again. I would like to play Thompson to return punts/kicks but not sure who I'd deactivate in his place.

topscribe
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
ryan harris
darcel mcbath
eric decker
kevin vickerson
andre brown
eric olsen
cassius vaughn
brady quinn

I like your list, except I would put Tebow there instead of Quinn. The reason
for this is that if Orton goes down, Quinn's experience would be more valuable
in a game that counts, IMO. And if Orton was able to come back in the game,
he could, whereas, if Quinn were brought out of inactive before the 4th quarter,
Orton would be finished for the day - so would Tebow, IIRC.

Tebow could still be called out of inactive and get in a few plays in the 4th
quarter to satisfy the Tebow groupies - IF the game is a blowout. Otherwise,
Tebow would still be dressed, and the fans could see him there . . .

-----

SOCALORADO.
09-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I would put DT on inactive.
Make sure Willis is available.
He's earned it.

honz
09-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I like your list, except I would put Tebow there instead of Quinn. The reason
for this is that if Orton goes down, Quinn's experience would be more valuable
in a game that counts, IMO. And if Orton was able to come back in the game,
he could, whereas, if Quinn were brought out of inactive before the 4th quarter,
Orton would be finished for the day - so would Tebow, IIRC.

Tebow could still be called out of inactive and get in a few plays in the 4th
quarter to satisfy the Tebow groupies - IF the game is a blowout. Otherwise,
Tebow would still be dressed, and the fans could see him there . . .

-----
Quinn has a lot of NFL experience...losing.

topscribe
09-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Quinn has a lot of NFL experience...losing.

And Tebow has no experience at all in a regular season NFL game with the
real bullets flying. Maybe six of one and half-dozen of the other? I don't know. :whoknows:

Maybe I'm wrong. Just my take . . . :)

-----

honz
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
And Tebow has no experience at all in a regular season NFL game with the
real bullets flying. Maybe six of one and half-dozen of the other? I don't know. :whoknows:

Maybe I'm wrong. Just my take . . . :)

-----

I'd take my chances with Tebow making mistakes over watching Brady Quinn get sacked every other play.

dogfish
09-10-2010, 01:24 PM
honz, i love you. . . :lol:

honz
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
honz, i love you. . . :lol:

:shocked:

I don't love you, but I do agree with your inactives list...except for Decker maybe. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
09-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Quinn will be the emergency QB (doesn't count against 45 man roster) and Tebow will be 2nd string. That's my guess anyway.

weazel
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
neither Quinn or Tebow will be inactives... isn't there some wierd rule about 3 QB's?

underrated29
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
ryan harris
darcel mcbath
eric decker
kevin vickerson
andre brown
eric olsen
cassius vaughn
brady quinn

Cassius vaugh made the final 53 man roster? I didnt know that.

So we have champ,goody,cox,jones,syd,vaugh- interesting.

Grover
09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I think Cassius Vaughn made the team based on his Special Teams abilities. He can return, and on coverage units, he seems to be the first one down contacting the other guy's punt or kick returner. He made Smith expendable - Smith didn't help much either.

broncofaninfla
09-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I'd play Thompson over Vaughn just based on his value as a kick returner.

I Eat Staples
09-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Inactives:

Tim Tebow
Demaryious Thomas
Eric Decker
Andre Brown
Ryan Harris
Cassius Vaughn
Darcel Mcbath
Dan Gronkowski

I'd give our injured players another week off.

Oh, and let me just add how much of a travesty it is that Vaughn made the roster over Smith. And I don't even like Smith...