PDA

View Full Version : How To: Streaming DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Over the Internet To Your Laptop/Desktop or HDTV

Overtime
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
This is for those poor saps (like me) who had to move and can't have DirecTV installed where they moved to because the landlords won't allow it. So if you know someone who has it, you can offer to split the package with them, and then login on the internet, patch it through to your laptop, desktop, or even to your big screen hdtv (if you're smart like me :D )

It's also for those who travel and can't be home to catch the game.

To patch Streamed NFL Sunday Ticket to your big screen follow the directions below

Note: For desktop and laptop viewers wishing only to watch from their computers, follow Steps 1 & 5 only.

Step 1: connect to the internet with your
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiX_CuGriGG2rNtT8RJgMuagbRZ7a2P oESpdrHQ4ORc-Z39Gk&t=1&usg=__OQynWWtTyxJSss2t-74oEa8Fhq0=

Step 2.) then connect your laptop to your tv using this cable

http://cdn1.webvoo.com/cdn/ebay/eforcity-select/item/300x300/sku/h/g/g6/pothvgargbx6_efs.jpg?pl=9
6 ft VGA to RCA Componet Cable for PC Laptop TV HDTV (on ebay for like $10 shipped)

to the Hi-Def RGB ports (red, green, blue) on your HDTV

Step 3.) change the input source on your tv to the proper input.

Step 4.) connect your laptop audio port (head phone jack) to your surround sound with this

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjEU5XXF5Q4XqbyWYoWbXYJohSz86HB mkRxOzlVbjhkuqQBfM&t=1&usg=__extf0PAt0pKp5s3fbp1PspbeeEM=
line out cable (headphone jack on 1 end, rca's on the other, available at Radio Shack for $9)

and set your surround sound to the proper setting.

Step 5.) now go to your directv account online, login. https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/login.jsp then on the top menu bar mouseover Sports, then the drop down menu comes down select NFL Sunday Ticket. Once the page loads, click on NFL Sunday Ticket-To-Go (requires purchase of NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (previously Superfan Package)

Watch games on your computer

http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/online/bg__SUPERCAST_Laptop.jpg

Super-high resolution streaming, Mix Channel and more.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Online takes your online experience to the next level. Not only do you get every game every Sunday, as well as highlights, scores and stats, on any laptop or desktop — PC, Mac or iPad — with Internet access**, but new for 2010, you also get:

HD-quality streaming: See every play with greater clarity than ever
Create-Your-Own Mix Channel: Watch up to four live games of your own choosing at the same time on one screen
Picture-in-Picture: Easily switch between two NFL games
Complete schedules by league and team
Division and Wildcard standings

http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/ToGo/btn_start_watching.png

click the button, it will ask you for your directv login and password, enter them and wahlah! you're done!

Tned
09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
If your laptop/computer has an HDMI connection, and your TV does as well, then you can also use the HDMI cable which should also carry the sound to the TV.

Overtime
09-10-2010, 10:40 AM
can we get a sticky on this Tned?

Tned
09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
We have too many stickies right now. You might just want to bump it on Saturday or Sunday.

Overtime
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM
We have too many stickies right now. You might just want to bump it on Saturday or Sunday.

ok. or since it does pertain to all nfl teams, you could move it to "Other NFL Teams discussions" and sticky it there. just a suggestion. if not i can bump it

Nomad
09-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Hopefully you have better coverage than the crappy preseason streams the NFL provided!!

Overtime
09-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Hopefully you have better coverage than the crappy preseason streams the NFL provided!!

these come straight from DirecTV and are not subject to bandwidth restrictions.

Not to mention, they are in total HI-Def and they are the real deal.

my dad didn't have the NFL Ticket last year, but i took my laptop over to his house and we streamed it and it was awesome. Quality was great, feed was perfect.

these DirecTV boys don't mess around.:beer:

CoachChaz
09-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll find it elsewhere. I just dont have a desire to pay a small fortune for ALL the games, when I'm mostly interested in one in particular each week. Personal preference.

Ravage!!!
09-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok.. just so I'm not misunderstanding.

If someone already has NFL network, then they are able to connect to the net and watch the games, thus you are logging into their account, correct? So, they (your friend) is not broadasting to you from their computer then, correct?

Overtime
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll find it elsewhere. I just dont have a desire to pay a small fortune for ALL the games, when I'm mostly interested in one in particular each week. Personal preference.

that's why you find a friend who has DirecTV and wants Sunday ticket and you split the cost with him.

Ok.. just so I'm not misunderstanding.

If someone already has NFL network, then they are able to connect to the net and watch the games, thus you are logging into their account, correct? So, they (your friend) is not broadasting to you from their computer then, correct?

it's not NFL Network. it's DirecTV w/ NFL Sunday Ticket.

and no they are not broadcasting from their computer, you are getting it directly from DirecTV's stream.

Ravage!!!
09-10-2010, 12:43 PM
that's why you find a friend who has DirecTV and wants Sunday ticket and you split the cost with him.

it's not NFL Network. it's DirecTV w/ NFL Sunday Ticket.

and no they are not broadcasting from their computer, you are getting it directly from DirecTV's stream.

Thats what I meant. Ok. So they only have to have the "on the go" package, and that allows them to log in and watch their Sunday Ticket via the internet. So then you log into their account, and watch it directly from them. Sa-WEEEEET!!!

broncophan
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
:confused:.....I am pretty stupid and lazy and that looks too confusing .....so I'll be snooping around on here looking for a link.:D

Thanks for posting this though.

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
DTV sucks. I have sunday ticket and am happy with it, but I am ging through an I hate TV in general phase. I only got it for the Denver and Iowa games really. I guess it's worth it now that I think about it. I jsut wish I would watch more games on the weekends.

Day1BroncoFan
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a friend that pays the whole amount for the Sunday Ticket. All I have to do is just go over to his house and watch it free. If I ride my bike, which I often do it's practically free to me. I supply the snacks and stuff like that. :elefant:

Reidman
09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I have a friend that pays the whole amount for the Sunday Ticket. All I have to do is just go over to his house and watch it free. If I ride my bike, which I often do it's practically free to me. I supply the snacks and stuff like that. :elefant:

Mooch.....j/k.

Seems to me that being the money hungry ******** DirecTV is/are, they would find a way to put the kibosh on something like this but hey, if it works, I think it's fantastic. Now if I could figure out a way to get out of work on Sundays I'm all set!

smith49
09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I dont know if this has mentioned this yet, so forgive me if it has. I have the package at home but i have to work 2 sundays every month. Yah, it sucks during football season! However, i have an iphone and you can simply download a free app from the app store called NFLsuperfan, from directv and you can get the games through that app onto your iphone. I imagine this works with other smart phones that have apps available too them like the droid and others. Its a small screen, but its a descent picture if your 3G is working well where you are. I think is works over wifi as well but we are not allowed wifi where i work so i have not tried that, although i should at home just to see. If you have an ipad that would be a great way to do it as well as long as it works over wifi.

just to be clear, you have to have the sunday ticket in order to use the app, unless someone you know that has the ticket will give you thier password.

Timmy!
09-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Mooch.....j/k.

Seems to me that being the money hungry ******** DirecTV is/are, they would find a way to put the kibosh on something like this but hey, if it works, I think it's fantastic. Now if I could figure out a way to get out of work on Sundays I'm all set!

Well it's not like some money hungry ******* Directv tech support employees post on this board and would give Bronco fans all NFL games for free if they could. ;)

As long as there isn't a ton of different IP's trying to log on to 1 stream off one account definitely take advantage of it.

Overtime
09-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Mooch.....j/k.

i forgot to mention, DirecTV only allows one login per account.

so you can't just give 20 of your friends the login/password, because if someone else tries to login while you're watching, it boots the person who was already logged in off.

Overtime
09-11-2010, 11:44 PM
ok, well for some reason my vga to hi-def component rca cable didn't work well. the signal wasn't processing properly and i had a bunch of green lines in the screen :(

so i wouldn't recommend that cable. went to radio shack and bought a pc kit that converts vga to hdtv. it was worthless.

talked with a guy who said this is what to use if all you have is a vga output on your laptop (most new laptops will have an hdmi output, mine unfortunately does not).

http://content.etilize.com/Thumbnail/1013591115.jpg
ALURATEK, AVH100F VGA to HDMI Converter Adapter

so i've ordered one, let ya know how it works. gonna take the other stuff back to radio shack tomorrow. be relegated to watching the game on my desktop in my room tomorrow but I can deal for a week till my converter gets here.

UnderArmour
09-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Goddamn thing isn't working. Is it the server or my computer? Video stream not opening.

Edit: Got it. DirecTV's server's were overloading when I was trying to connect.

Overtime
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Goddamn thing isn't working. Is it the server or my computer? Video stream not opening.

i have no idea. you'd have to contact DirecTV Tech Support.

mine's working though.

Mephisto
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Mine's not working either. I'm on the phone with tech support now. It's a 'known issue' and they're 'working on it'. Probably will be fixed after the game is over. :throwrock:

Overtime
09-12-2010, 01:54 PM
huh, weird...wonder why mine's working and no one else's is?????

Mephisto
09-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I had it (after a long wait) at the beginning, but it crapped out and I can't get logged back in. Login keeps timing out. Don't change the channel whatever you do.