PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Broncos Team Report

TXBRONC
09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report#notes_quotes'

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - 40 minutes ago

The Broncos' defense knows Jacksonville's M.O. is to set a physical tone with its running game.

Jacksonville rushed for 100-plus yards in 11 of 16 games last season and has finished with over 2,000 yards for the eighth time in 15 years behind bell cow Maurice Jones-Drew.

"That's what you should be doing if you've got that guy," Broncos defensive end Justin Bannan said. "It's no secret what they're going to try and do."

There are inevitably going to be growing pains with two rookies and a first-year player on the offensive line. What Josh McDaniels often has preached is not repeating the same mistakes twice.

"You have to overcome every obstacle that gets thrown in the way," rookie J.D. Walton said. "There is going to be a lot of them in the course of a game. We have to make it right."

Denver's starting defense allowed only one preseason touchdown. But this will be Don Martindale's first official game as defensive coordinator and it's clear he's saved some pressure packages for the real thing.

Martindale said he's not nervous but is instead looking forward to setting his players loose after a long offseason of teaching.

"It's more apprehension, I think is the right way to say it, just to see how they react," he explained

MileHighCrew
09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I hate this last week before the first game it takes forever

COME ON SUNDAY

MasterShake
09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I hate this last week before the first game it takes forever

COME ON SUNDAY

Thank god we have an early game, even tough we struggle with that sometimes.

Canmore
09-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Thank god we have an early game, even tough we struggle with that sometimes.

We struggle with early games and heat, and it is going to be a bear in Jacksonville on Sunday, low 90's and 85% humidity Still, I'm expecting a victory to open 2010.