PDA

View Full Version : Free Sunday Ticket this weekend only!

gnomeflinger
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
All those with digital TV, Sunday Ticket is free this weekend. YES!

Guess I could have put this in the "other NFL blah blah blah" forum, but who cares about the other games. I get to watch the Broncos play when I wouldn't have othewise.

ikillz0mbies
09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
no way?!!? awesome! does that mean i can record any game i want? i just subscribed to directv this weekend so if anyone with sunday ticket can tell me how it works.....thanks!

gnomeflinger
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
It was a message on our DirecTV box that said free weekend. So yeah, I guess you can record whatever game you want. :D

ikillz0mbies
09-09-2010, 10:54 PM
sweet! thanks for the info!

Overtime
09-09-2010, 11:05 PM
i split Sunday ticket with dad, and I'm gonna login to his account over the internet, patch it through to my laptop, and using a vga to RGB hi-def cable, patch it through to my big screen tv.

i unfortunately have to go this route since my apt complex forbids satellite dishes, but whatever works!

slim
09-09-2010, 11:06 PM
no way?!!? awesome! does that mean i can record any game i want? i just subscribed to directv this weekend so if anyone with sunday ticket can tell me how it works.....thanks!

Are you white?

If so, I don't think this applies to you.

TXBRONC
09-09-2010, 11:18 PM
All those with digital TV, Sunday Ticket is free this weekend. YES!

Guess I could have put this in the "other NFL blah blah blah" forum, but who cares about the other games. I get to watch the Broncos play when I wouldn't have othewise.

Nah it belongs right here because it deals with the Broncos specifically. :salute:

CrazyHorse
09-10-2010, 12:13 AM
i split Sunday ticket with dad, and I'm gonna login to his account over the internet, patch it through to my laptop, and using a vga to RGB hi-def cable, patch it through to my big screen tv.

i unfortunately have to go this route since my apt complex forbids satellite dishes, but whatever works!

That sounds really technical and complicated. I'm sure it's worth it though.

Timmy!
09-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Sunday at work is going to BLOOOOOOWWWW.

TXBRONC
09-10-2010, 06:09 AM

It's Broncos football it's got to be worth it.

Dirk
09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I didn't see that come up on my box...I guess I better look. That's fantastic news! I hope it is everywhere. I wasn't going to get to see this weekends game otherwise!

Overtime
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM

nah it's easy.

This is for those poor saps (like me) who had to move and can't have DirecTV installed where they moved to because the landlords won't allow it. So if you know someone who has it, you can offer to split the package with them, and then login on the internet, patch it through to your laptop, desktop, or even to your big screen hdtv (if you're smart like me :D )

It's also for those who travel and can't be home to catch the game.

To patch Streamed NFL Sunday Ticket to your big screen follow the directions below

Note: For desktop and laptop viewers wishing only to watch from their computers, follow Steps 1 & 5 only.

Step 1: connect to the internet with your
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiX_CuGriGG2rNtT8RJgMuagbRZ7a2P oESpdrHQ4ORc-Z39Gk&t=1&usg=__OQynWWtTyxJSss2t-74oEa8Fhq0=

Step 2.) then connect your laptop to your tv using this cable

http://cdn1.webvoo.com/cdn/ebay/eforcity-select/item/300x300/sku/h/g/g6/pothvgargbx6_efs.jpg?pl=9
6 ft VGA to RCA Componet Cable for PC Laptop TV HDTV (on ebay for like $10 shipped)

to the Hi-Def RGB ports (red, green, blue) on your HDTV

Step 3.) change the input source on your tv to the proper input.

Step 4.) connect your laptop audio port (head phone jack) to your surround sound with this

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjEU5XXF5Q4XqbyWYoWbXYJohSz86HB mkRxOzlVbjhkuqQBfM&t=1&usg=__extf0PAt0pKp5s3fbp1PspbeeEM=
line out cable (headphone jack on 1 end, rca's on the other, available at Radio Shack for $9)

and set your surround sound to the proper setting.

Step 5.) now go to your directv account online, login. https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/login/login.jsp then on the top menu bar mouseover Sports, then the drop down menu comes down select NFL Sunday Ticket. Once the page loads, click on NFL Sunday Ticket-To-Go (requires purchase of NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (previously Superfan Package)

Watch games on your computer

http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/online/bg__SUPERCAST_Laptop.jpg

Super-high resolution streaming, Mix Channel and more.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Online takes your online experience to the next level. Not only do you get every game every Sunday, as well as highlights, scores and stats, on any laptop or desktop — PC, Mac or iPad — with Internet access**, but new for 2010, you also get:

HD-quality streaming: See every play with greater clarity than ever
Create-Your-Own Mix Channel: Watch up to four live games of your own choosing at the same time on one screen
Picture-in-Picture: Easily switch between two NFL games
Complete schedules by league and team
Division and Wildcard standings

http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/ToGo/btn_start_watching.png

click the button, it will ask you for your directv login and password, enter them and wahlah! you're done! and wahlah! you're done!

BORDERLINE
09-10-2010, 10:06 AM
DTV did it last year too. I had ticket last year and after the 1st game they din't offer HD without superfan so i had to fork over another 100...Crooks , no ticket this year so i welcome this free trial with open arms..Go Broncos!!!!

Canmore
09-11-2010, 01:22 AM
DTV did it last year too. I had ticket last year and after the 1st game they din't offer HD without superfan so i had to fork over another 100...Crooks , no ticket this year so i welcome this free trial with open arms..Go Broncos!!!!

That blew, didn't it. I had to do the same thing. This year I dickered with them and got it for $180.

BroncoWave
09-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah, DTV has done this every year since I can remember. Too bad I don't have it now that I'm living away from home. Another year of watching all the Broncos games in New Orleans sports bars while dealing with annoying Saints fans!

Nomad
09-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, DTV has done this every year since I can remember. Too bad I don't have it now that I'm living away from home. Another year of watching all the Broncos games in New Orleans sports bars while dealing with annoying Saints fans!

This is my second year without Directv but I thought they had done this every year though I had the Sunday Ticket.

Man, I was looking at your Tebow avatar and that dude has some guns for a QB!!

Slick
09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
The satellite company down here is called Sky...I got the Sunday Ticket for $115 US. Very Nice!!!!! I've been watching crappy streams for the last 3 years. I'm excited.

Italianmobstr7
09-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I love Sunday Ticket. Have had it since I moved to Oklahoma! Haven't missed a Broncos game since I was 5. It's well worth the money to me (I always get them to
Discount it some amount. $120 this year). This weekend is free to anyone who has Directv so if you have DTV, you'll get the perks of having Sunday ticket for this Sunday only!

Nomad
09-11-2010, 11:11 AM
The satellite company down here is called Sky...I got the Sunday Ticket for $115 US. Very Nice!!!!! I've been watching crappy streams for the last 3 years. I'm excited.

Yeah you just assume to watch the highlights than waste your time on streams!!

Does the Sunday Ticket come with free beer and Mexican hotties!!:D

Slick
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah you just assume to watch the highlights than waste your time on streams!!

Does the Sunday Ticket come with free beer and Mexican hotties!!:D

No, it doesn't. I had to pay for those too.