PDA

View Full Version : Vikings-Saints tops NFL’s most expensive tickets

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Professional football is the nation’s most popular sport, with most NFL games being sellouts.

For many highly coveted games, die hard fans without season tickets have to tap into the secondary market to score a seat. Although many games remain in high demand, the NFL expects overall ticket sales to be down this year, while at the same time 18 of 32 teams raised prices for the 2010 season.

To get an idea of which seats are the most expensive in the NFL, ticket search engine FanSnap.com put together the top 10 average listing prices by game.

Ticket values are as of Sept. 9 and are based on current asking prices from sellers in a secondary marketplace, which may not equate to ticket face values and will fluctuate depending on demand.

With an average ticket price of $575 each, Thursday night’s season opener between the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints tops the list. So, where are fans paying the most for their seats this season?

The top five:

1. Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints, Sept. 9: See the cost
2. San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Broncos in London, Oct. 31: See the cost
3. Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints, Oct. 31: See the cost
4. Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers, Oct. 24: See the cost
5. Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans, Sept. 26: See the cost
• See more tickets

2. 49ers vs Broncos

Average ticket price: $550
Lowest price: $207
Game date: 10/31/10

The one trip across the pond draws big money every year, and this year’s matchup in London is no different. It might be surprising, but NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says they can sellout five games per year in Europe if the league wanted to, even with high ticket prices.

The NFL’s most expensive tickets of 2010

MasterShake
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM
My friend just moved back to New Orleans after a messy divorce about 6 months ago and WON tickets to the game tonight. He works for one of the larger hospitals out there and he has two club seats. Lucky guy!

LRtagger
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
My friend just moved back to New Orleans after a messy divorce about 6 months ago and WON tickets to the game tonight. He works for one of the larger hospitals out there and he has two club seats. Lucky guy!

Shoot I would sell those mofos for $600 a piece.

MasterShake
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Shoot I would sell those mofos for $600 a piece.

He's selling the extra one. Best of both worlds. I think he is getting about $600 for it too. He is a diehard Saints fan, he deserves it. Been with them since the 'Aints