PDA

View Full Version : Clady will start, Harris questionable for Broncos' opener in Jacksonville

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 01:16 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16032497?source=rss

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced today that left tackle Ryan Clady, who underwent offseason knee surgery, will start Sunday in the season-opener at Jacksonville. However, starting right tackle Ryan Harris is questionable for the game.

Clady returned to the lineup before Denver's last preseason game. Harris has been hampered with an injury to his left ankle, preventing the Broncos from having both starting tackles at the same time for the majority of the preseason.

"Clady will play. Ryan is getting better every day," McDaniels said this morning. "(I) don't think he's going to be out there today. We're going to take all week and see what happens, but Clady will definitely play. No question."

Meanwhile, McDaniels confirmed he will only activate two quarterbacks for his 45-man roster Sunday, but a third will suit up as the emergency QB.

Rookie Tim Tebow is expected to serve as Kyle Orton's backup, with Brady Quinn as the third-stringer. However, the most recent depth chart has Quinn ahead of Tebow.

"I don't have any plans to activate three guys," McDaniels said. "I think that mostly would take away from the kicking game. (We're) planning on making a decision here shortly (about the backup QB)."

Dirk
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
That's great news!

Nomad
09-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing Clady and I heard on the Denver station that Moreno was going to play.. As far as the 2nd QB, I'd be shocked if Tebow isn't the man. I guess McDaniels giving a little suspense for the fans!!

T.K.O.
09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Looking forward to seeing Clady and I heard on the Denver station that Moreno was going to play.. As far as the 2nd QB, I'd be shocked if Tebow isn't the man. I guess McDaniels giving a little suspense for the fans!!

or alot of "suspense" for the jags;)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2010, 01:50 PM

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Josh McDaniels said today he's hopeful both Demaryius Thomas and Knowshon Moreno will play Sun vs. Jax. Neither played in preseason. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

nevcraw
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Here's to hoping Harris plays!! and there's no way McD does not unveil his new toy in the town TT built..
How sweet it would be to see him score in the Jags house and the fans go wild?? way too tempting for him to relegate him to the the emergency QB.