PDA

View Full Version : An NFL trio — the Gronkowskis

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16016940?source=rss

Although they won't exactly threaten the Mannings as the NFL's most famous brothers, the Gronkowskis now have Peyton and Eli beat in quantity.

The Gronkowskis — tight ends Dan (Broncos) and Rob (Patriots), and Chris (Cowboys), a running back — are the first family to have three brothers play in the NFL at the same time since the Baldingers (Brian, Gary, Rich) in 1992.

"I wouldn't say famous, yet, but there are three of us now in the NFL, which is absolutely amazing," said Dan, who was acquired by the Broncos from Detroit on Saturday with the intention he would become their new pass-catching tight end. "We all talk to each other, we're all best friends."

The Pro Football Hall of Fame listed 333 NFL brother combinations through last season. The Gronkowskis still have some work to do to equal the Browners, who had four brothers (Joey, Ross, Jim, Keith) play in the NFL, although not at the same time.

There are two other Gronkowski boys — Gordie Jr., the oldest, who is a professional baseball player in an independent league, and Glenn, the youngest, who is considered a Division I football and baseball prospect.

The sons of Gordie and Dianne Gronkowski were raised in the Buffalo suburb of Williamsville, N.Y.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I remember the Gronkowskis from the draft. :rolleyes: When Rob got drafted by the Pats, he actually put on the helmet he was supposed to hold (they held the helmet instead of getting a jersey in the second round for photos) and he and the whole damn family stood on the stage and gave their big family cheer which was fine until it was time for the next selection. They should've politely left the stage but instead they continued to celebrate and be a distraction in the corner of the stage as at least the next 2 selections were announced and those guys had to avoid them to come to the podium.

Of all the draftees that day, they were the most obnoxious and rude. I thought they looked like jackasses out there personally... :tsk:

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I remember the Gronkowskis from the draft. :rolleyes: When Rob got drafted by the Pats, he actually put on the helmet he was supposed to hold (they held the helmet instead of getting a jersey in the second round for photos) and he and the whole damn family stood on the stage and gave their big family cheer which was fine until it was time for the next selection. They should've politely left the stage but instead they continued to celebrate and be a distraction in the corner of the stage as at least the next 2 selections were announced and those guys had to avoid them to come to the podium.

Of all the draftees that day, they were the most obnoxious and rude. I thought they looked like jackasses out there personally... :tsk: thanks for sharing.

ikillz0mbies
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Of all the draftees that day, they were the most obnoxious and rude. I thought they looked like jackasses out there personally... :tsk:

And that has to do with their play on the field....how?

MadMax
09-09-2010, 06:22 AM

O'Doyle Rules! O'Doyle Rules! O'Doyle Rules!

gobroncsnv
09-09-2010, 06:42 AM
anyone remember "It's about Time"?

Gronk like play football... maybe he'll be really good... So easy, a caveman could do it.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2010, 06:25 PM
And that has to do with their play on the field....how?

Other than the fact that none of them has proven anything and the one we got was a 7th rounder originally...um... nothing. Wake me up if Gronkowski is ever a contributor for us this year, mkay...

CrazyHorse
09-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe they will follow in the Manning's footsteps and are the first set of 3 brothers to all win the Super Bowl.

BroncoWave
09-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Of all the things in the world to be angry about you choose this? Life't too short dude.

I Eat Staples
09-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Other than the fact that none of them has proven anything and the one we got was a 7th rounder originally...um... nothing. Wake me up if Gronkowski is ever a contributor for us this year, mkay...

You'll be sleeping all year.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Of all the things in the world to be angry about you choose this? Life't too short dude.

It's not about being angry. Frankly, I could care less if an entire family wants to look like douchebags on TV. I just think they showed poor class. To me, it was almost like the Kanye West/Taylor Swift debacle. They had their chance to celebrate and show off and they overdid it - for ten additional minutes. That was my only real comment. I do love how we as fans tend to immediately jump on the bandwagon and come to the defense of any Tom, Dick, or Harry third stringer that the Broncos sign as the next super-badass game changer.

Anyone remember Marquez Branson? Wasn't he supposed to be our answer at receiving TE? There sure was a lot of hooplah over him in training camp. Gronkowski? Yeah, probably about the same... What happened to that Branson guy, again?

BroncoWave
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
It's not about being angry. Frankly, I could care less if an entire family wants to look like douchebags on TV. I just think they showed poor class. To me, it was almost like the Kanye West/Taylor Swift debacle. They had their chance to celebrate and show off and they overdid it - for ten additional minutes. That was my only real comment. I do love how we as fans tend to immediately jump on the bandwagon and come to the defense of any Tom, Dick, or Harry third stringer that the Broncos sign as the next super-badass game changer.

Anyone remember Marquez Branson? Wasn't he supposed to be our answer at receiving TE? There sure was a lot of hooplah over him in training camp. Gronkowski? Yeah, probably about the same... What happened to that Branson guy, again?

I'm not defending him. I just think it's a stupid thing to get worked up about.

Northman
09-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Whether or not they were douchbags or not i dont remember any of them. Not sure this is really news worthy personally.