PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hopeful WR Thomas will play Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16022331?source=rss

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said today that rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, the club's top draft pick in April, could make his NFL debut in Sunday's opener at Jacksonville.

Thomas returned to practice today after missing most of the offseason and all of the preseason games with a left foot injury. After completing his first full-squad drills with the team that took him with the 22nd overall pick, Thomas said he expects to play Sunday.

"I think I'll be ready," he said.

McDaniels confirmed there is a chance.

"We're just going to see how he does, and take his progress day by day and make our decision at the end of the week," McDaniels said before today's practice. "Hopefully, every day is a better day for him."

Thomas, 6-foot-3 and 229 pounds, must catch up quickly.

"I wish, for his sake, that he had an opportunity to play in some of those preseason games. It's important for any rookie," McDaniels said. "But, you know, we have to deal with the situation that we have, and if he's ready to go we'll be excited to have him out there."

Footnote. McDaniels announced the team captains. They are quarterback Kyle Orton, offensive lineman Chris Kuper, tight end Daniel Graham, linebacker D.J. Williams, safety Brian Dawkins, cornerback Champ Bailey and linebacker/special-teamer Wesley Woodyard.

Magnificent Seven
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
It is best for him to miss one game. Play it safe. He can watch, learn, and be prepared for week 2.

nevcraw
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Hmmm... Clady is not a captain...

This clearly shows that he a selfish me first, team last player. He will soon be gone.

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM
McDaniels announced the team captains. They are quarterback Kyle Orton, offensive lineman Chris Kuper, tight end Daniel Graham, linebacker D.J. Williams, safety Brian Dawkins, cornerback Champ Bailey and linebacker/special-teamer Wesley Woodyard.

wow a real slap in the face to Tebow :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thought for sure he would get it the way the press has been hyping him:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM

thought for sure he would get it the way the press has been hyping him:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

:confused: There may have been a time when a rookie was made a captain, on any NFL team, but I am not aware of it.

Also, there has been as much negative press for Tebow, as there has been hyping.

I can't imagine that Tebow would consider him not being named a captain in his rookie year a slap in the face.

Italianmobstr7
09-08-2010, 03:27 PM
:confused: There may have been a time when a rookie was made a captain, on any NFL team, but I am not aware of it.

Also, there has been as much negative press for Tebow, as there has been hyping.

I can't imagine that Tebow would consider him not being named a captain in his rookie year a slap in the face.

Matt Ryan was when he was a rookie. I'll bet this year Sam Bradford is as well.

WARHORSE
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I hope Thomas plays.

The dude is a manchild.

Id love to see him in gameday action.

BTW, there are three WRs listed on the depth chart.

Starters are Gaffney, Royal and Lloyd. Demaryius is listed behind Lloyd.

No mistake.

Look for Demaryius to lineup at times with Gaff and Royal.

He is an unknown to pretty much everyone.

The Jags have nothing on him as far as tape.

I hope he can come in a provide a couple of big plays.

B R O N C O S BABY!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Was Matt Ryan named the starter before he was named to be a captain? Also, I think Branford is the starter - so it makes sense if they are a starter, but not if they are not.

Traveler
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Hmmm... Clady is not a captain...

This clearly shows that he a selfish me first, team last player. He will soon be gone.

STOP!:laugh:

weazel
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM

giving the ultimate being a title like captain is not necessary

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Guess you did not see the sarcasm just dripping from my post. :laugh:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 09:10 AM
To be fair, unless you're out there raping college age girls, most STARTING QB's are captains.

gator_fan
09-09-2010, 09:34 AM

The ultimate being can get his minions to hijack every thread.:D

weazel
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Guess you did not see the sarcasm just dripping from my post. :laugh:

your sarcasm was not lost on me Jr...