PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville = Tebow’s Town, says Jones-Drew

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

MJD's advice to Tebow is to stay in his hotel room until gametime, because local Tebow fans will be out looking for him. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/08/jacksonville-tebows-town-says-jones-drew/5088/

Maurice Jones-Drew might be the Jacksonville Jaguars’ biggest star, but he knows he won’t be the most popular man in town come Sunday, when his Jags host the Broncos in the regular season opener.

That title will be belong to Tim Tebow, the Broncos’ rookie quarterback, who grew up in Jacksonville and starred at the University of Florida.

“It’s his town, man,” Jones-Drew said Wednesday morning on a conference call with Denver reporters. “It’s going to be exciting for him.”

Jones-Drew said die-hard Tebow fans will be clamoring to see their favorite player, and Jones-Drew offered Tebow — and Broncos’ security — some advice: Hide.

“Everyone is probably going to try to be at the hotel and see him. Word around here flies around fast where everyone is staying, so my advice to him is get a private room and stay in there the entire night,” Jones-Drew said.

The Florida Times-Union reported Wednesday that tickets for Sunday’s game are nearly sold out, with only club tickets and a limited number of bowl seats remaining and the game will not be blacked out on local television. The Jags consistently have trouble filling their stadium.

“It’s helping us out a bunch because it is selling out our stadium because he’s coming, and it’s going to be a fun game,” Jones-Drew said.

MileHighCrew
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I will never understand how they Jax didn't do everything in their power to draft Tebow.

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tebow will not play. It's really a non-issue Maurice.

GEM
09-08-2010, 12:22 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

MJD's advice to Tebow is to stay in his hotel room until gametime, because local Tebow fans will be out looking for him. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/08/jacksonville-tebows-town-says-jones-drew/5088/

Maurice Jones-Drew might be the Jacksonville Jaguars’ biggest star, but he knows he won’t be the most popular man in town come Sunday, when his Jags host the Broncos in the regular season opener.

That title will be belong to Tim Tebow, the Broncos’ rookie quarterback, who grew up in Jacksonville and starred at the University of Florida.

“It’s his town, man,” Jones-Drew said Wednesday morning on a conference call with Denver reporters. “It’s going to be exciting for him.”

Jones-Drew said die-hard Tebow fans will be clamoring to see their favorite player, and Jones-Drew offered Tebow — and Broncos’ security — some advice: Hide.

“Everyone is probably going to try to be at the hotel and see him. Word around here flies around fast where everyone is staying, so my advice to him is get a private room and stay in there the entire night,” Jones-Drew said.

The Florida Times-Union reported Wednesday that tickets for Sunday’s game are nearly sold out, with only club tickets and a limited number of bowl seats remaining and the game will not be blacked out on local television. The Jags consistently have trouble filling their stadium.

“It’s helping us out a bunch because it is selling out our stadium because he’s coming, and it’s going to be a fun game,” Jones-Drew said.

They could have had that week in and week out. It could have saved that franchise. Bunch of idiots.

:laugh:

rcsodak
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
How will him not playing make his being in town a non-issue? :scratches head:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
How will him not playing make his being in town a non-issue? :scratches head:

cause he's not the one gunnin against the Jags under center. jmo though. But I'm also of the type that as a fan doesn't say "we" won the game.

GGMoogly
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
cause he's not the one gunnin against the Jags under center. jmo though. But I'm also of the type that as a fan doesn't say "we" won the game.

As long as our tax $$$ help subsidize their existence, "We" are playing this game and "We" expect to win... ;)

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
As long as our tax $$$ help subsidize their existence, "We" are playing this game and "We" expect to win... ;)

whoa, maybe I'm really drawing a bland, but how do our tax $$ currently subsidize the existence of the NFL? :confused:

BroncoWave
09-08-2010, 02:14 PM
whoa, maybe I'm really drawing a bland, but how do our tax $$ currently subsidize the existence of the NFL? :confused:

If you live in an NFL city with a relatively new stadium, that is your answer.

MileHighCrew
09-08-2010, 02:17 PM
We is a great way to show support. If you cheer hard enough you feel like part of the team and that is WE. We win and we lose with the team. Ask my wife I feel if I yell loud enough at the TV I am contributing to the win and it kills me if we lose.

We are all Broncos

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
If you live in an NFL city with a relatively new stadium, that is your answer.

O.K. I was wondering if that was it.

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM
We is a great way to show support. If you cheer hard enough you feel like part of the team and that is WE. We win and we lose with the team. Ask my wife I feel if I yell loud enough at the TV I am contributing to the win and it kills me if we lose.

We are all Broncos

I do agree with that.. to keep the team pumped up.

Tempus Fugit
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
But I'm also of the type that as a fan doesn't say "we" won the game.

I'm with you on this. If you're not part of the team, you're not a part of "We", IMO.

BroncoNut
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm with you on this. If you're part of the team, you're not a part of "We", IMO.

I think what you meant to say was .. "If you're NOT part of the team , ......."

yeah, for some reason, to me anyway, that's taking undue credit.

Tempus Fugit
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I think what you meant to say was .. "If you're NOT part of the team , ......."

yeah, for some reason, to me anyway, that's taking undue credit.

You are correct, and I've fixed it. Thanks.

Lonestar
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I wonder if it will just piss the jags off to know that more people came to see and root for Tebow than the local team.

Wondering minds .

If could have had sell out after sell out had they taken him. Guess it is called karma.

GEM
09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I wonder if it will just piss the jags off to know that more people came to see and root for Tebow than the local team.

Wondering minds .

If could have had sell out after sell out had they taken him. Guess it is called karma.

I dunno about karma, I would call it stupidity.

slim
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM

We are disappointed to hear this.

I Eat Staples
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I will never understand how they Jax didn't do everything in their power to draft Tebow.

It would certainly make sense from a business standpoint, and with how desperate they are to sell tickets, I agree they should have drafted him. However, from a football standpoint, no one should have taken him before the 4th or 5th round in my opinion.

TimTebow15MVP
09-09-2010, 02:20 AM
we will definitly beat jacksonville

TimTebow15MVP
09-09-2010, 03:05 AM
It would certainly make sense from a business standpoint, and with how desperate they are to sell tickets, I agree they should have drafted him. However, from a football standpoint, no one should have taken him before the 4th or 5th round in my opinion.

:rolleyes:

Lonestar
09-09-2010, 05:35 AM
I have not heard any draft guru say that Tebow would not have taken other than LATE in the first to very early in the 3rd with most mid to very early 2nd.

Elevation inc
09-09-2010, 05:44 AM

I like your posts man...but 4th 5th rd for tebow really???? thats way off.....he was a late 1st-to late 2nd pick and just about every draft nik that matters felt the same way as did a bunch of teams.....

Lonestar
09-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Amen brother.

gator_fan
09-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I will be a bit surprised if Tebow doesn't get in for a play or two. There is a lot of value in giving NFL fans in attendance some excitement, and a reason to remain fans. Tebow playing in his first regular game, and in Jacksonville no less, would be a big deal for many at that game. I certainly don't think there would be any great risk of losing because Tebow takes a few snaps.

BroncoJoe
09-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I will be a bit surprised if Tebow doesn't get in for a play or two. There is a lot of value in giving NFL fans in attendance some excitement, and a reason to remain fans. Tebow playing in his first regular game, and in Jacksonville no less, would be a big deal for many at that game. I certainly don't think there would be any great risk of losing because Tebow takes a few snaps.

Unless they haven't changed it online, Tebow is listed as the third string QB at denverbroncos.com. The only way he sees action is if that changes, or we have all three QB's on the active roster.

gator_fan
09-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Unless they haven't changed it online, Tebow is listed as the third string QB at denverbroncos.com. The only way he sees action is if that changes, or we have all three QB's on the active roster.

"You probably won't know that [until Sunday]," McDaniels said. "Brady and Tim are going to continue to take reps this week. ... Depending on where we're going, there maybe certain situations where we do one [quarterback] or another."

I guess we'll find out Sunday.

slim
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM

Yes, McD is concered about "giving value" to the jax fans. That is his main priority.

"All I'm trying to do is win a mother****ing game" - Josh McDaniels.

gator_fan
09-09-2010, 08:51 AM

Yes, McD is concered about "giving value" to the jax fans. That is his main priority.

Actually, I was thinking more about Bronco fans. If you count those secretly cheering for Tebow and the Broncos, those at the game would probably outnumber the Jag fans. :laugh:

Living near Jax, I run into some of the few loyal Jaguar fans. The level of hatred that many have for Tebow, and consequently the broncos for drafting him, has me very perplexed. I wish someone could explain that to me.

I Eat Staples
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I like your posts man...but 4th 5th rd for tebow really???? thats way off.....he was a late 1st-to late 2nd pick and just about every draft nik that matters felt the same way as did a bunch of teams.....

I think most draft experts expected him to go in the 2nd round, that doesn't necessarily mean they thought that he should. And they were also assuming Claussen and McCoy would be taken before Tebow. They were taken much lower than projected, and I don't think there's many draft experts that believe Tebow will be better than Claussen.

Also, that's why I said in my opinion, because it is my opinion, not that of any team or draft expert. I've said many times that Tebow's skillset just doesn't translate to the NFL.

BroncoNut
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually, I was thinking more about Bronco fans. If you count those secretly cheering for Tebow and the Broncos, those at the game would probably outnumber the Jag fans. :laugh:

Living near Jax, I run into some of the few loyal Jaguar fans. The level of hatred that many have for Tebow, and consequently the broncos for drafting him, has me very perplexed. I wish someone could explain that to me.

that is weird, even for loyal fans. that is really stupid imo to blame bot Tebow and the team that took him. Hey, that's just me though.

The only other explanation I can manufacture is that this tebowmania has just gotton blown way out of proportion. but then again I HATE the Gators and most things Florida. A complete shyt state imo, and an even crappier one with the departure of DenverBroncoHoes (from the Outsiders) from the state some time ago. Ive never met a native Floridian that I liked, offline anyway.

BeefStew25
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
The Jags drafting Tebow would have not solved their ticket issues.

Only winning will.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Bunch of fair weather fans.

Kind of like San Diego East.

BeefStew25
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Bunch of fair weather fans.

Kind of like San Diego East.

Yep. They can root for FSU and UF at most years only worry about losing a couple of games.

Drafting Tebow would not have solved a single issue regarding ticket sales.

Gene Smith is a good GM. They just need to fire that dbag Del Rio.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Yep. They can root for FSU and UF at most years only worry about losing a couple of games.

Drafting Tebow would not have solved a single issue regarding ticket sales.

Gene Smith is a good GM. They just need to fire that dbag Del Rio.
Del Rio seems like a dumb Rex Ryan.

BeefStew25
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Del Rio seems like a dumb Rex Ryan.

No one likes him.

BroncoNut
09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I like Jack

BeefStew25
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
He hates you.

TimTebow15MVP
09-10-2010, 02:52 AM
drafting tebow would not had put fans in the seat? Lol sureeeeeee

Foochacho
09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
The Jags drafting Tebow would have not solved their ticket issues.

Only winning will.

Tebow and winning go hand and hand.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
that is weird, even for loyal fans. that is really stupid imo to blame bot Tebow and the team that took him. Hey, that's just me though.

The only other explanation I can manufacture is that this tebowmania has just gotton blown way out of proportion. but then again I HATE the Gators and most things Florida. A complete shyt state imo, and an even crappier one with the departure of DenverBroncoHoes (from the Outsiders) from the state some time ago. Ive never met a native Floridian that I liked, offline anyway.

We are on a football forum and you want to slam my home state. I did not want the Jaguars to draft Tebow because as a team they are not good enough nor have the class as the Broncos Organization, yet some of their fans have not caught on to the "class" thingy.

Oh and stay the hell out of our state!

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 10:11 AM
We are on a football forum and you want to slam my home state. I did not want the Jaguars to draft Tebow because as a team they are not good enough nor have the class as the Broncos Organization, yet some of their fans have not caught on to the "class" thingy.

Oh and stay the hell out of our state!

the opportunity was there. I took it.

I tell you what, let's make a deal. I'll stay out of your crap state if you promise to leave any discussion of class to those from the other 49.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I'll pass on your proposition. :rolleyes:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I would rather be a gator than a "terrapin" any day of the week. Gee, I wonder what league MD. plays in? Certainly not the SEC.

Oh now I know the ACC, now I got it. That is your problem right there.

Bronco4ever
09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I would be surprised if Tebow didn't get in the game at some point. Can you imagine Tebow coming in on a goal line situation and scoring a touchdown? The crowd would go nuts! It would be absolutely demoralizing for the Jags to hear THEIR stadium cheer for the opposition. If Josh acknowledges this, we could gain a huge advantage in the game.

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I would rather be a gator than a "terrapin" any day of the week. Gee, I wonder what league MD. plays in? Certainly not the SEC.

Oh now I know the ACC, now I got it. That is your problem right there.

uhh. not a terrapin nor from MD

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 12:17 PM
I would be surprised if Tebow didn't get in the game at some point. Can you imagine Tebow coming in on a goal line situation and scoring a touchdown? The crowd would go nuts! It would be absolutely demoralizing for the Jags to hear THEIR stadium cheer for the opposition. If Josh acknowledges this, we could gain a huge advantage in the game.

for some reason this post made me smile. Like when a little kid shows excitement about something. It's almost adorable

BeefStew25
09-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Tebow is coming back for one game, and they barely are selling the game out. A soft sell out. Tickets can still be had.

Jags fans are spoiled by the college teams. 8-8 is just not good enough for them.

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 12:58 PM
I can't stand anything Florida except the orangejuice.

BeefStew25
09-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Legitimate gripe, Nut.

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Legitimate gripe, Nut.

I like you

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I like you

and I bet your wife is really nice too.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Tebow is coming back for one game, and they barely are selling the game out. A soft sell out. Tickets can still be had.

Jags fans are spoiled by the college teams. 8-8 is just not good enough for them.

Actually only club seats and bowl seats are available. We want to see Tebow, regardless of Jaguar fans or Gator fans or BroncoGator fans, however, I want to see the whole team in action, I am not a Jaguar fan since Del Rio. So, my adopted team is the Broncos. I want to see the entire team All the players not just Tebow.

And I thought all Bronco fans had class........At least most of them do. I do not know about you, but 8-8 is not a good record. It is ok, but not the best and not Super Bowl contenders. When did the Broncos except 8-8 as good or even great. Go pick on someone else I am sure you can find Jagsbch around somewhere.

BroncoNut
09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Actually only club seats and bowl seats are available. We want to see Tebow, regardless of Jaguar fans or Gator fans or BroncoGator fans, however, I want to see the whole team in action, I am not a Jaguar fan since Del Rio. So, my adopted team is the Broncos. I want to see the entire team All the players not just Tebow.

And I thought all Bronco fans had class........At least most of them do. I do not know about you, but 8-8 is not a good record. It is ok, but not the best and not Super Bowl contenders. When did the Broncos except 8-8 as good or even great. Go pick on someone else I am sure you can find Jagsbch around somewhere.

you have no class. none. You bag on your team because of a coach and then you throw a fellow Florida Tebow bandwagoner under the bus. Away with you I say.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-11-2010, 07:24 AM
you have no class. none. You bag on your team because of a coach and then you throw a fellow Florida Tebow bandwagoner under the bus. Away with you I say.

You need to read what I posted, I have never, ever thrown Tebow under the bus, however you my friend throw people under the bus all the time. Your name fits you NUT.

BroncoNut
09-11-2010, 07:53 AM
You need to read what I posted, I have never, ever thrown Tebow under the bus, however you my friend throw people under the bus all the time. Your name fits you NUT.

dont ever refer to me as friend. you need to learn how to read posts. Name one person I have thrown under the bus.

BroncoNut
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
c'mon Jax. say something clever. dazzle me with your brilliance,.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-11-2010, 08:14 AM
c'mon Jax. say something clever. dazzle me with your brilliance,.

Why waste the time dazzle you with brilliance, you would not get it.
:coffee:

BroncoNut
09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Why waste the time dazzle you with brilliance, you would not get it.
:coffee:

that's not very nice

BroncoNut
09-11-2010, 08:17 AM
So Jax, I am thinking about sending you a friendship request. Would you except?