PDA

View Full Version : Elvis was in the building

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 05:31 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/07/elvis-was-in-the-building/5082/

His right arm in a sling attached close to his body, and his body looking a couple pounds lighter, NFL sack king (at least for a few more days) Elvis Dumervil passed through the locker room Tuesday to say his hellos.

Dumervil has also said goodbye to the season after he and coach Josh McDaniels mutually agreed Friday to put those 17 sacks from last year on injured reserve.

Until Friday, Dumervil had been planning to return from pectoral surgery as soon as mid-November. But this was a case of a coach putting the career well-being of a player ahead of the team’s desire to win now, not that winning now isn’t still the No. 1 objective.

McDaniels said putting Dumervil on IR was the toughest of his many difficult roster decisions.

“”I don’t think anybody really wanted to do that but we took all the medical advice and information from the people that are experts on those kinds of things,’’ McDaniels said. “”I think the best thing is to try and let Elvis heal and be ready to go next year.’’

Poet
09-07-2010, 07:09 PM
That really sucks.

BeefStew25
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I am glad he got paid before this happened. He is a good dude.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
This depresses me. I really enjoy watching Doom and was looking forward to watching him continue to tear it up out there on the gridiron this season.

Every sports team I cheer for is cursed when it comes to the injury bug it seems.

Dean
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
This depresses me. I really enjoy watching Doom and was looking forward to watching him continue to tear it up out there on the gridiron this season.

Every sports team I cheer for is cursed when it comes to the injury bug it seems.

I think that i can speak for the entire board when I say that we hope you do a lot of cheering for the Chargers, chiefs, and Raiders this season. ;)

T.K.O.
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I think that i can speak for the entire board when I say that we hope you do a lot of cheering for the Chargers, chiefs, and Raiders this season. ;)

funny....wrong on many levels....but, FUNNY !:laugh: