PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos signed former Seahawks DT Kevin Vickerson.

Tned
09-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I know nothing about this guys, but here is Schefter's report:

RT @Adam_Schefter: Broncos signed former Seahawks DT Kevin Vickerson.

Italianmobstr7
09-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm wondering who we cut to make room for him...

rcsodak
09-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I wonder if he's as good as Dobson?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Italianmobstr7
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Well, he's big...

Kevin Vickerson | #94 | DT

Height: 6-5 * Weight: 321 * Age: 27
Born: 1/8/1983 Detroit , MI
College: Michigan State
Experience: 5th season
High School: Martin Luther King HS [Detroit, MI]

LRtagger
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Marcus Thomas?

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Le kevin smith....come to the coaches office and bring your playbook........

Italianmobstr7
09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Could be Le Kevin Smith... Possibly Cassius Vaughn..

Italianmobstr7
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Le Kevin Smith has been released according to Josina Anderson.

claymore
09-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I would laugh if it was Syd'quan Thompson. :D

BigDaddyBronco
09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I would laugh if it was Syd'quan Thompson. :D
You would. Hater.

claymore
09-07-2010, 10:52 AM
You would. Hater.

"Im just a hater, and Im angry cause he came along, the days of Shanahan are gone.... Talk about Cutler in a song again and I'll neg rep you...."

broncofaninfla
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Hopefully this means we are done employing reject Patriot linemen.

cuzz4169
09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Le kevin smith blows I cant believe he even made the final roster...I hope he got cut.

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Le Kevin Smith has been released according to Josina Anderson.

told ya.....lol

Traveler
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Hopefully this means we are done employing reject Patriot linemen.

Guess Hochstein will get his walking papers next.;)

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Guess Hochstein will get his walking papers next.;)

he is versatile and plays many different packages and OL spots...he aint great, but he is worth more than le kevin and jarvis green combined....:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/07/broncos-add-dt-vickerson/5057/

The Broncos continue to tweak their 53-man roster by making a change on the defensive line.

On Tuesday, the team signed defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, a 5th-year player who spent the last three seasons in Tennessee. Vickerson spent the preseason with Seattle but was released by the Seahawks over the weekend.

To make room on the roster, the Broncos released defensive end Le Kevin Smith, who spent all of 2009 with the Broncos and was a rotational player on the defensive line.

Vickerson is 6-foot-5, 321 pounds and has played tackle in Tennessee’s 4-3 defense. The Seahawks acquired Vickerson in a draft-day trade with the Titans in April as part of the deal that also brought running back LenDale White to Seattle. White is also now with the Broncos, though he will spend the year on injured reserve after tearing his Achilles tendon last week.

I Eat Staples
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Le kevin smith....come to the coaches office and bring your playbook........

This made me lol. :lol:

Anyway, good signing. We replaced a complete scrub with a slightly better player. He won't be any kind of difference maker, but this upgrades this roster, albeit ever so slightly.

Traveler
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
With so much turnover on the roster, guess we won't have to worry if the team plays will play better at the end of the season.

Looks like that'll be the case regardless. So many new faces, it'll take that long just for them to begin to jell IMO.

Also, just took a look at the ages of the players currently on the roster. Without actually doing the math, the average age lands somewhere between 25-27 years old.

Very surprising to me. Guess I was mistaken in assuming we averaged well over the thirty mark.

honz
09-07-2010, 12:49 PM
He lasted 3 season on the DLine for Tennessee...that's more than can be said for Le Kevin Smith. Hopefully he can contribute.

honz
09-07-2010, 12:51 PM
With so much turnover on the roster, guess we won't have to worry if the team plays will play better at the end of the season.

Looks like that'll be the case regardless. So many new faces, it'll take that long just for them to begin to jell IMO.

Also, just took a look at the ages of the players currently on the roster. Without actually doing the math, the average age lands somewhere between 25-27 years old.

Very surprising to me. Guess I was mistaken in assuming we averaged well over the thirty mark.
We are pretty young everywhere except for in the secondary, which may be a big reason why we have invested so heavily in the secondary through the past 2 drafts.

Edit: Well, our DLine is a little up there in age as well.

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah i like vickerson a bit, what i really like though is that this means thomas may finally get to play some RDE in pass rushing situations.....he was always better suited for a bit more of a penetrator role..lol..funny.....he was never great plugging holes or a NT, but having him behind Mcbean, and vickerson behind Bannan, as well as fields behind willams, makes me feel even better about our DL situation....never like Le Kevin and thought it was a wasted draft pick trade to get him.....

Traveler
09-07-2010, 12:59 PM
We are pretty young everywhere except for in the secondary, which may be a big reason why we have invested so heavily in the secondary through the past 2 drafts.

Edit: Well, our DLine is a little up there in age as well.

Guess is they have to address the line in the upcoming draft. Only one player that we drafted currently playing on the DL. Everyone else is a FA.

Some interesting DE & DT prospects out there. I'll be watching Jerell Powe and Cameron Heyward closely this year.

jhildebrand
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
He lasted 3 season on the DLine for Tennessee...that's more than can be said for Le Kevin Smith. Hopefully he can contribute.

Looks like LeKevin Smith wont be contributing much :lol:

WARHORSE
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Vick is going to get a try at NT I bet.

Sounds good to me, Im not comfortable with what I saw out of the run defense during the preseason.

Id really like to give up a late draft pick for one of the Dlinemen playing second string in Minnesota.

Thats just me though.:coffee:

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Guess is they have to address the line in the upcoming draft. Only one player that we drafted currently playing on the DL. Everyone else is a FA.

Some interesting DE & DT prospects out there. I'll be watching Jerell Powe and Cameron Heyward closely this year.

the 3-4 DE crop is about eight deep in rds 1-2.....if we dont select one I will snap...oh boy I will....let me tell you when MCD hears I'm in town he will shudder...lol

on the flipside the 1st 2 rds are good for OLB's but there are only about 3 or 4right now that could probally contribute in year 1 or 2.....ADRIAN ROBINSON(TEMPLE) YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!!

and for NT's you have 3 and thats it......phil taylor(RD 4) has big time weight issues and kendrick ellis(RD 3) is a Div 2 school project, that leaves POWE(top ten pick) who will probally be selected by buffalo in the Top 5.......

Traveler
09-07-2010, 01:37 PM
the 3-4 DE crop is about eight deep in rds 1-2.....if we dont select one I will snap...oh boy I will....let me tell you when MCD hears I'm in town he will shudder...lol

on the flipside the 1st 2 rds are good for OLB's but there are only about 3 or 4right now that could probally contribute in year 1 or 2.....ADRIAN ROBINSON(TEMPLE) YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!!

and for NT's you have 3 and thats it......phil taylor(RD 4) has big time weight issues and kendrick ellis(RD 3) is a Div 2 school project, that leaves POWE(top ten pick) who will probally be selected by buffalo in the Top 5.......

If this season goes the way I expect, we'll have a shot at Powe.

Haven't heard of the Robinson kid. Nonetheless, we should fill the DT, DE, and RB spots with our 1st and 2nd rounders.

Bosco
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Works for me.

MasterShake
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh thank god...

For a second there I thought we signed Vick Kevinson.

On a related note, who the hell is Kevin Vickerson?

Elevation inc
09-08-2010, 01:29 AM
If this season goes the way I expect, we'll have a shot at Powe.

Haven't heard of the Robinson kid. Nonetheless, we should fill the DT, DE, and RB spots with our 1st and 2nd rounders.

i think we will end up filling DE/OLB/RB for uour first 3 picks.....i doubt we go NT next draft even though we should......the NT class is just to weak.....

also unless we do worse than buffalo we wont get powe for sure.....they have no Nt and that will show this year.....i highly doubt were not better than buffalo right now:lol:

rcsodak
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Vick is going to get a try at NT I bet.

Sounds good to me, Im not comfortable with what I saw out of the run defense during the preseason.

Id really like to give up a late draft pick for one of the Dlinemen playing second string in Minnesota.

Thats just me though.:coffee:
6'5 nose? Isn' that considered tall for the position?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums