PDA

View Full Version : 850 KOA: Harris out first few weeks

Italianmobstr7
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Just reported on 850 KOA that the sprained ankle seems to be worse than initially thought and that he will likely miss the first few weeks of the season.

Tned
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Damn, that sucks.

frauschieze
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
*sighs*

Ravage!!!
09-06-2010, 09:02 PM
So who is it that takes over the RT spot?

Italianmobstr7
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
So who is it that takes over the RT spot?

Beadles? Maybe Beadles plays RT and Daniels plays LG...

Tned
09-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Possibly Batiste as well, who was the starting LT with Clady out.

spikerman
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I guess one of the three blocking tight ends could fill in.

Ziggy
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
As talented as Harris is, he can't help from the sidelines. This has been an ongoing theme with him. I'd like to see Beadles get a shot to anchor the RT spot. He has the mentality and run blocking acumen to get it done.

Lonestar
09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
As talented as Harris is, he can't help from the sidelines. This has been an ongoing theme with him. I'd like to see Beadles get a shot to anchor the RT spot. He has the mentality and run blocking acumen to get it done.

I have always believed that Beadles was indeed drafted to replace Harris when he moves on as Tebows Blind side OT. Just not this soon.

BeefStew25
09-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I have always believed that Beadles was indeed drafted to replace Harris when he moves on as Tebows Blind side OT. Just not this soon.

I let the joshy make those decisions.

Bosco
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
As talented as Harris is, he can't help from the sidelines. This has been an ongoing theme with him.

What has been an "ongoing theme" with him?

TXBRONC
09-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I let the joshy make those decisions.

I think joshy drafted him because he could play more than one position.

pnbronco
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM
:banghead:.........damn

Tned
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
:banghead:.........damn

That about sums it up. What a dang offseason/preseason of injuries. :sad:

topscribe
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM
That about sums it up. What a dang offseason/preseason of injuries. :sad:

You're not kidding there. Dove Valley has resembled a M*A*S*H unit . . .

-----

bcbronc
09-07-2010, 01:13 AM
first FEW weeks. makes me sad.

Buff
09-07-2010, 01:34 AM
What has been an "ongoing theme" with him?

Injuries, obviously.

Dzone
09-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Ryan Harris has proven himself to be fragile

Bosco
09-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Injuries, obviously.

I might be able to agree with that, if any of these injuries were at all related.

People are just over reacting though, I think. They talk about Harris being injury prone but this is only his 2nd injury in his 4th year of pro football. Plus any of us who watched the Vikings game saw that 300lb DT roll up on his ankle and knew he'd probably be missing some time.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 03:37 AM
lets hope it is NOT a high ankle sprain because if it is it may be next year till he is right with it.

A few weeks hopefully means just the run of the mill sprains. While a bad thing not like the high type.

I'd rather this happen now if it had to happen rather than later, at least now we have relatively injury free replacements.

Tned
09-07-2010, 07:26 AM
I might be able to agree with that, if any of these injuries were at all related.

People are just over reacting though, I think. They talk about Harris being injury prone but this is only his 2nd injury in his 4th year of pro football. Plus any of us who watched the Vikings game saw that 300lb DT roll up on his ankle and knew he'd probably be missing some time.

Acttually, I think it's his third or fourth, depending on how you count. Going by memory, he missed time his rookie year with a back injury (I think he had to have surgery, but I could be wrong). Then, he hurt his toe and missed time. Then, he reinjured the same toe or hurt another, I can't remember which, and then the ankle.

Now, all of that said, they are all unrelated injuries (exept for maybe the two toe injuries), so I'm not ready to write him off.

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Acttually, I think it's his third or fourth, depending on how you count. Going by memory, he missed time his rookie year with a back injury (I think he had to have surgery, but I could be wrong). Then, he hurt his toe and missed time. Then, he reinjured the same toe or hurt another, I can't remember which, and then the ankle.

Now, all of that said, they are all unrelated injuries (exept for maybe the two toe injuries), so I'm not ready to write him off.

exactly :beer:

the guy missed a full 16 game season on IR his rookie year, missed eight games last year and will miss 3 or more already this year, that means in 4 years he will have given us 26 of 48 starts at best......seems injury prone to me.....especially for a cornerstone or long term RT

BigDaddyBronco
09-07-2010, 09:06 AM
This sucks. Hopefully Beadles or Batiste can step up.

Bosco
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM

What little time he missed during his rookie year was because of the recovery from his back surgery he had in college. He was capable of playing (and did, but only on ST) just a couple weeks into the season. If I recall correctly, the coaches gave serious consideration to letting him replace Erik Pears about midway through the season but the decision was made to simply let him have a redshirt type year. Then you have 2009, where he hurt his toe, came back, and then aggravated the same injury again and now this sprained ankle.

nevcraw
09-07-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Ryan-Harris/a45643a6-6797-4f7d-b7f6-424ef89bb27c

HARRIS AT A GLANCE:
• A fourth-year player who received All-Pro honors from Sports Illustrated (Peter King) in 2008 and has allowed just 3.5 sacks in 24 career starts at right tackle according to Stats Inc.
• Started eight games for Denver at right tackle in 2009 and allowed only one sack (Stats Inc.) before he was placed on injured reserve with a toe injury.
• Earned the first All-Pro recognition of his career in 2008, a season in which he played all 1,019 offensive snaps at right tackle for the Broncos in his first year as a starter.
• Credited with allowing just 2.5 sacks in 2008 according to Stats Inc. to help the Broncos set a franchise single-season record and tie for first in the NFL with only 12 sacks allowed.
• Blocked for a Denver offense that ranked third in the NFL in yards per rush (4.8) in 2008 despite placing a league-high seven running backs on injured reserve.
• Appeared in 11 games for Denver primarily on special teams as a rookie in 2007.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

he's missed more time than I would like, but he's a def keeper.

until the ankle roll up - I see him with 2 injuries. The back from college and the toes. the cankle makes 3..
hope he's back soon..

dogfish
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
he's missed time due to injury in three of his four pro seasons, after having injury concerns in college. . . if that's not injury-prone, then there is no such thing. . .

:huh:

love what he brings when he's on the field, but i see no way we're ever going to sign him to a big money deal. . . i see another high pick getting spent on offensive tackle in the near future, quite possibly next year. . .

Elevation inc
09-08-2010, 01:34 AM
he's missed time due to injury in three of his four pro seasons, after having injury concerns in college. . . if that's not injury-prone, then there is no such thing. . .

:huh:

love what he brings when he's on the field, but i see no way we're ever going to sign him to a big money deal. . . i see another high pick getting spent on offensive tackle in the near future, quite possibly next year. . .

I agree with most of this:beer:

i hope beadles plays excellent at RT so he can replace harris.....he is a good fit for it, and fits the scheme just fine. as it stands now the Tackle class next year compared to the last 3 is pretty weak in rds 1-2....alot can change, but im not so sure a guy we get next year in rd 2 or 3 will be better than beadles with a year in the system.......