PDA

View Full Version : 2010 season predictions, After training camp fallout.

Lonestar
09-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Our Opponents will be:

@ Jacksonville Loss

Seattle Win

Indianapolis WIN

@Tennessee Loss

@Baltimore Loss

Jets Win

Oakland Win

@San Francisco (London) Win

BYE BIG WIN

Kansas City Win

@San Diego Loss

St. Louis WIN

@Kansas City LOS only because it is a DEC game

@Arizona WIN

@Oakland LOS

Houston WIN

@San Diego LOSS

so how are we gonna wind up

I say 9-7 as it stands right now.

Tned
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
This is tough. Between the massive roster turnover the last two years and the 2-8 finish, followed by a preseason that didn't show us much, combined with the injury bug, I honestly don't know where this team stands. This is as much of a shot in the dark as I feel any Broncos prediction has been for the last 10 years.

The truth is that I think that this team could go anywhere from 4 wins to 12 wins, especially since I think there is a chance the defense can carry them a long way.

@Jacksonville Win
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Win
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Win
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland Loss
Houston Loss
San Diego Loss

So, as I have it here, 9-7, however, I really see the breakdown like this:

Likely to lose: Indy, SD (at least once), Bal
Toss up: Jax, Jets, SF, AZ, Hou, Ten
Likely to win: Sea, Oak (@Den), KC (@Den), Stl

So, I see four near sure wins, and three near sure losses, with everything in between being toss ups.

Buff
09-06-2010, 07:59 PM
@Jacksonville - WIN
Seattle - WIN
Indianapolis - LOSS
@Tennessee - WIN
@Baltimore - LOSS
Jets - LOSS
Oakland - WIN
@San Francisco (London) - WIN
Kansas City - WIN
@San Diego - LOSS
St. Louis - WIN
@Kansas City - WIN
@Arizona - WIN, mostly because I'll be in attendance
@Oakland - WIN
Houston - WIN
San Diego - LOSS

11-5, I could go either way on the Jets and Tennessee. Think we split with SD and sweep Oak and KC.

Northman
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
@Jacksonville Loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Win
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Loss
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Loss
@Oakland Loss
Houston Loss
San Diego Loss

Buff
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
This is tough. Between the massive roster turnover the last two years and the 2-8 finish, followed by a preseason that didn't show us much, combined with the injury bug, I honestly don't know where this team stands. This is as much of a shot in the dark as I feel any Broncos prediction has been for the last 10 years.

The truth is that I think that this team could go anywhere from 4 wins to 12 wins, especially since I think there is a chance the defense can carry them a long way.

@Jacksonville Win
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Win
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Win
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland Loss
Houston Loss
San Diego Loss

So, as I have it here, 9-7, however, I really see the breakdown like this:

Likely to lose: Indy, SD (at least once), Bal
Toss up: Jax, Jets, SF, AZ, Hou, Ten
Likely to win: Sea, Oak (@Den), KC (@Den), Stl

So, I see four near sure wins, and three near sure losses, with everything in between being toss ups.

I think everyone shares your uncertainty about this year's team. Saw Jaws and Gruden both predicted fewer than 7 wins on SportsCenter today...

I hope your prediction is wrong, a 3 game losing streak to end the season and potentially miss out on the playoffs yet again will be more than I can bare.

Skinny
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Jacksonville - Win
Seattle - Win
Indianapolis - Loss
Tennessee - Loss
Baltimore - Loss
Jets - Win
Oakland - Win
San Francisco - Loss
BYE
Kansas City - Win
@San Diego - Loss
St. Louis - Win
Kansas City - Loss
Arizona - Win
Oakland - Win
Houston - Loss
San Diego - Win

9-7 and a possible WC birth.

underrated29
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I already did my picks when the schedule first came out. IMO everything remains the same.

But I dont think we lose to the jets. I think they are extremely overrated and miss the playoffs altogether this year.

Tned
09-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I think everyone shares your uncertainty about this year's team. Saw Jaws and Gruden both predicted fewer than 7 wins on SportsCenter today...

I hope your prediction is wrong, a 3 game losing streak to end the season and potentially miss out on the playoffs yet again will be more than I can bare.

I really think that at least one of the Hou/SD games to end the season will be winnable (and possibly two of the last three), but to be honest, I couldn't bring myself to type Win 10 times. If things go our way, I could see us winning 11 or 12 games, but the flip side of that coin, we could lose a lot of toss up games and wind up with 4-6 wins.

red98
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
@ Jacksonville win

Seattle win

Indianapolis loss

@Tennessee Loss

@Baltimore Loss

Jets loss

Oakland Win

@San Francisco (London) loss
BYE

Kansas City Win

@San Diego Loss

St. Louis WIN

@Kansas City LOSS

@Arizona WIN

@Oakland LOS

Houston loss

@San Diego LOSS

If we get healthy and Moreno and some of the rookies show up maybe get to 9 wins.

Lonestar
09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I already did my picks when the schedule first came out. IMO everything remains the same.

But I dont think we lose to the jets. I think they are extremely overrated and miss the playoffs altogether this year.

I think you may be correct about the Jets but their D is going to just get better and better. not sure if it will allow them to stay in games and I think sanchez is a loser.

Buff
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I really think that at least one of the Hou/SD games to end the season will be winnable (and possibly two of the last three), but to be honest, I couldn't bring myself to type Win 10 times. If things go our way, I could see us winning 11 or 12 games, but the flip side of that coin, we could lose a lot of toss up games and wind up with 4-6 wins.

I don't envision any scenario where we win fewer than six based on what I saw in the preseason and the fact that we play in the 2nd worst division in football. But anywhere between 6-12 seems like a reasonable prediction.

I just don't want to see another late season collapse. Those have become all too familiar around here.

Tned
09-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't envision any scenario where we win fewer than six based on what I saw in the preseason and the fact that we play in the 2nd worst division in football. But anywhere between 6-12 seems like a reasonable prediction.

I just don't want to see another late season collapse. Those have become all too familiar around here.

I agree on the late season collapses. As a Broncos fan and Mets fan, the last three or four years have been brutal when it comes to late season collapses.

I think a sub six is very unlikely, but we are in near uncharted territory here. Nobody knows how Gaffney and Lloyd will produce as full time starters. Can Orton stretch the field, or will we back to the defense crowding the LOS and defending the bubble screen. Can the O-line made up of guys recovering from injuries, along with rookies or guys with zero starting experience, get the job done.

Just lots of questions on offense. I see enough glimmers that it's possible that all those pieces fall in to place and the offense gels and produces much better than last year.

On the defensive side, I think we would have been in great shape with Doom, but losing him is a huge blow. I still think we will be good on defense, but losing that pass rush is going to hurt our run defense and secondary.

So, I see a lot of potenial positives, but also plenty of areas of concern. I'm just not sure which side of the good/bad tight rope this team is going to fall in to.

Bronco9798
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
@Jacksonville Loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Loss
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Loss
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland Loss
Houston Win
San Diego Win

I hope to win every game; but that's not going to happen. Anyway, hope I'm wrong 7 wins would be a long season. Just not a real good feeling really until we get started and see exactly what this team has. It's tough making predictions right now. I don't think anyone really knows how good we can be, or how bad we could be. It's a mystery!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

CrazyHorse
09-06-2010, 09:00 PM
BEST CASE SCENARIO 12-4
@Jacksonville WIN
Seattle WIN
Indianapolis LOSS
@Tennessee WIN
@Baltimore LOSS
Jets LOSS
Oakland WIN
@San Francisco (London) WIN
BYE
Kansas City WIN
@San Diego LOSS
St. Louis WIN
@Kansas City WIN
@Arizona WIN
@Oakland WIN
Houston WIN
San Diego WIN

I think it's possible we could sweep the Chief's and Raider's and the entire NFC West as they aren't very good. That would put us at 8-8.

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 02:02 AM
MY opinion

@JAX- WIN
SEA- WIN
INDY- LOSS
@TEN-WIN
@BALT-LOSS
JETS-WIN
OAK-WIN
@SF-WIN
KC-WIN
@SD-LOSS
STL-WIN
@KC-LOSS
@ARZ-WIN
@OAK- lOSS
HOU-LOSS
SD- WIN

We finish 10-6, lose the division tiebreaker to SD on divison opponents win/loss. But we get a wildcard against the Dolphins

AFC S CHAMP- INDY(12-4)
AFC N CHAMP-BALT(11-5)
AFC W CHAMP-SD(10-6)
AFC E CHAMP- MIAMI(10-6)

WILDCARD 1- NE(10-6)VS SD @ SD
WILDCARD 2- DEN(10-6) VS MIA @ MIA

Other Contenders that lost out on tiebreaker Scenarios and 9-7/8-8 record

Tenesse-10-6, we beat them so we got the tiebreaker over them
Houston-9-7 record
NY Jets- 9-7 record
Cincy- 9-7 record
Pitt- 9-7 record
JAX- 8-8 record
OAK- 8-8 record

Just my take:beer::D

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 02:10 AM
I think you may be correct about the Jets but their D is going to just get better and better. not sure if it will allow them to stay in games and I think sanchez is a loser.

the jets suck and will suck again they backed in with a 9-7 record last year, and 9-7 wont get them the playoffs this year which is what there record will be, Sanchez will cost them games(HE SUCKS ROYALLY AND WILL SUCK ROYALLY) How he got props for last season is beyond me....HE WAS ATROCIOUS!!!!!!......the offense they have is wack.....Santonio holmes/braylon edwards/Sanchez/Shonn Greene????? really?????

i would wager Clevlands offense with harrison/Hillis/Cribbs/Massaquoi/Delhome ends up being better than NY jets.....just sayin....lol

honz
09-07-2010, 02:18 AM
10 wins. I have no idea which ones though...several years in a row losing to OAK and KC will do that to a fan.

Lonestar
09-07-2010, 06:26 PM
:bump:

sanluis
09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
@Jacksonville loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee loss
@Baltimore Loss
Jets loss
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland win
Houston Loss
San Diego Loss

6 or 7 wins. The O-line is my main concern right now. Will the pass rush be consistent and can old Jwall help stop the run?

If the o-line gets healthy and knowshow helps Orton then I see 9 to 10 wins.

MasterShake
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
@Jacksonville Win
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Win
@Tennessee Loss
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Win
Oakland Win
BYE
Kansas City Win
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland Win
Houston Loss
San Diego Win

11-5. I'm such a homer! :D

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
@Jacksonville Loss
Seattle Win
Indianapolis Loss
@Tennessee Loss
@Baltimore Loss
Jets Loss (really shocked about h ow many people guessed us to actually win this game)
Oakland Loss (I have a feeling we get BLASTED in this game)
@San Francisco (London) Loss (only because we choose to practice at home when they are practicing the entire week while in London)
BYE
Kansas City Loss
@San Diego Loss
St. Louis Win
@Kansas City Loss
@Arizona Win
@Oakland Win
Houston Loss
San Diego Win

6-10 we MIGHT sneak another win in, but we very well could get swept by both the chiefs and the Chargers and send us to 4 wins.