PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad Filled

Denver Native (Carol)
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Practice-Squad-Filled/bf4db77e-8161-4ca4-a94b-52753bd21fe8

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos on Monday added three more players to the practice squad -- running back Bruce Hall, offensive lineman Jeff Byers and defensive lineman Lionel Dotson -- filling the eight-player roster.

Hall spent the preseason with the Broncos, leading the team with 30 carries. He picked up 88 yards on the ground, tacking on 12 receptions for 73 yards through the air.

The running back spent the majority of his first two NFL seasons on the Buffalo Bills' practice squad. He spent the final game of the 2008 season on Buffalo's active roster.

Byers, a Colorado native, was signed as a college free agent by the Seattle Seahawks before his move to the Broncos. He played in three preseason games with Seattle.

The former Loveland High School star spent his college career at USC, where he started four games late in the season and played in all 13 as a freshman, when the Trojans won the BCS National Championship. He then missed the 2005 and 2006 seasons with injuries, but bounced back and started the final 39 games of his career after being granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

Having played both guard and center for the Trojans, Byers said at the combine that he hopes his versatility can play into his success in the NFL.

"I think I'm definitely a center first, then a guard," said the rookie, who will wear No. 63. "Definitely a swing guy, though, no question. I can play all three interior positions and that's valuable. I'll go wherever they want me."

Dotson has played in four games in his two seasons in the league, and the defensive lineman made three tackles as a reserve with the Dolphins.

He played in all four preseason games with Miami this year, making three tackles.

The former seventh-round pick played his college football at the University of Arizona, where he started 32 of 40 career games. He accumulated 121 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 14.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and four pass breakups. He earned second-team All-Pac 10 honors as a senior.

Dotson will wear No. 90.