PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 AFCW Predictions

FanInAZ
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
San Diego (Might take a step back this year, but would have to nose dive in order to come down to the level of the rest of us.
Denver (I'll give us a homers benifit of the doubt that we can hold off KC)
Kansas City (Its time for them to at least step up and over the Oakland)
Oakland (Al is still telling his coaches how to do their jobs)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
1) San Diego (10-6). With two talented players integral to their passing attack holding out, their passing game takes a step back so they are forced to lean more on the running game. Not as explosive or big play oriented as past seasons, they are still effective enough to win some close games and the division.

2) Denver (8-8). Injuries have hit the Broncos hard before their first meaningful snap and will continue to do so as the regular season progresses. Short yardage and redzone problems continue but they do play competitively in most games.

3) Oakland (6-10). A new QB helps to breathe life into a struggling passing game but it's just not enough when the chips are down. They win some defensive struggles and finish top 10 in total defense but they still just can't put it all together.

4) Kansas City (5-11). Still desperately searching for an identity, the Chiefs are who we thought they were... a team still trying to get production out of all of those first round linemen that aren't anywhere near as dominant as they were supposed to be. The running game is highlight reel worthy, but the defense just can't stop other teams from outscoring them.

Day1BroncoFan
09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I have it Denver then oakland, with sandyeggo fighting kc for the third and fourth spot.

gobroncsnv
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
SD, us, then a throw up between Okie and KC...

Did you see the "experts" predictions for the coming season? Just have to wonder who these clowns picked to win it all in the 1999-2000 season... bet NONE of them had the Rams... nor any of them had the Cardinals to be in the SB a few years ago. Point is, I don't think you can listen to the pundits any more than you can listen to us... But, it's kinda fun to make the guesses and see how you did.

I Eat Staples
09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Chargers - 12-4

Broncos - 8-8

Raiders - 7-9

Chiefs - 5-11

Northman
09-06-2010, 06:47 PM
San Diego Chargers
11-5

Oakland Raiders
8-8

Kansas City Chiefs
8-8

Denver Broncos
7-9

Buff
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Denver 11-5
SD 10-6
Oakland 5-11
KC 3-13

MasterShake
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Denver 11-5
San Diego 10-6
KC 8-8
Oakland 6-10

Buff
09-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Denver 11-5
San Diego 10-6
KC 8-8
Oakland 6-10

^^ This seems more accurate than mine. KC figures to win more than 3 games with a fairly easy schedule, but I'm being optimistic that they'll be horrible again.

camdisco24
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
My outlook:

Denver (10-6)-Lots of question marks for us this year, but improvements to the O-line will greatly help Orton and our running game. The entire season relies fully on the play of KO and injuries. If the injuries continue at the rate they have been... We could be in trouble, but if everyone stays healthy I expect I winning season from this team.

San-Diego (9-7)-SD looks to be on the downhill to me. The WR corps is just as questionable as ours, if not more. The running game will either be great or terrible. Rivers is Rivers and, if anything, he'll keep the team alive. I predict we split with them. The last game of the season will either send us, or SD to the playoffs as the AFCW champs. A true battle to the end.

Kansas City (6-10)-Decent draft for KC this year, but not enough to take them above .500. Running game will be the heartbeat of KC this year.

Oakland (6-10)-Same as KC... Decent draft, but they have a long way to go to be a contender again. Honestly, Oakland has more potential than KC at almost every position, but with Ol' AL calling the shots I simply cant put them above KC. However, if Oakland uses their weapons properly, I have no doubt they will be more competitive this year. They could be the sleeper this year but its tough to judge until we see some games.

broncofaninfla
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Oakland
San Diego
Denver
KC

KCL
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
^^ This seems more accurate than mine. KC figures to win more than 3 games with a fairly easy schedule, but I'm being optimistic that they'll be horrible again.

The only difference in the schedule is Denver plays the Ravens and the Jets where the Chiefs play the Browns and the Bills..all the other teams Denver plays..KC also will play.

Besides our division opponents both Denver and KC will play against

Jags
Seahawks
Colts
Titans
49ers
Rams
Cardinals
Texans

Buff
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
The only difference in the schedule is Denver plays the Ravens and the Jets where the Chiefs play the Browns and the Bills..all the other teams Denver plays..KC also will play.

Besides our division opponents both Denver and KC will play against

Jags
Seahawks
Colts
Titans
49ers
Rams
Cardinals
Texans

Right, but those two games are the difference between a 2nd place schedule and a 4th place schedule in the NFL. They makes it tougher on good teams and easier on teams who struggled the previous year to promote balance, which I like. Not a huge difference, but definitely easier by comparison.

KCL
09-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Right, but those two games are the difference between a 2nd place schedule and a 4th place schedule in the NFL. They makes it tougher on good teams and easier on teams who struggled the previous year to promote balance, which I like. Not a huge difference, but definitely easier by comparison.

Your schedule isn't that much harder IMO...If you all weren't playing the Rams and the 49ers and were instead playing the Saints and say the Pats..and KC was playing the Bears and the Lions instead of the Colts and the Cards then I would say Denver had the harder schedule..anyway that's JMO...FTHOI...:D

CrazyHorse
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
San Diego 11-5
Denver 9-7
Oakland 7-9
Kansas City 7-9

Elevation inc
09-07-2010, 01:47 AM
San Diego 10-6(division winner On tiebreaker)
Denver 10-6
Oakland 8-8
Kansas City 7-9

We beat SD to close the season, but they win the division Tiebreaker, becasue we have a loss to OAK, and them, where as san diego just has a loss to us. So we end up with a wild card. Oakland is improved enough to win 8 games, and KC has a good shot a seven wins this year based off coaching alone....

sneakers
09-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Everyone tied at 8-8

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Chargers 8-8

Chiefs 9-7

Broncos 5-12

Raiders 7-9

G_Money
10-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Does the Oakland loss count twice, Ravage?

~G

Ravage!!!
10-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Does the Oakland loss count twice, Ravage?

~G

:lol: Yes!! :beer::beer:

KCL
10-26-2010, 04:53 PM
San Diego (Might take a step back this year, but would have to nose dive in order to come down to the level of the rest of us.
Denver (I'll give us a homers benifit of the doubt that we can hold off KC)
Kansas City (Its time for them to at least step up and over the Oakland)
Oakland (Al is still telling his coaches how to do their jobs)

I like how the thread title says "official"...:lol: