PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad

pnbronco
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Broncos add 5 players to the practice squad: LB Kevin Alexander, WR Britt Davis, TE Riar Geer, S Kyle McCarthy and LB Worrell Williams.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
How many players can there be on the practice squad? I am sure I have heard before, but don't remember.

BroncoWave
09-05-2010, 06:40 PM
8 I believe.

FanInAZ
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Yes, it is 8. So hopefully they will use the other 3 slots on RBs with the hope that they can develop a quality RB who doesn't have a history of injuries. Seriously, I'm tired of us bringing in injury prone RBs who go out and get themselves injured again.

LordTrychon
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Is there any one good site for all the PS signings?

BroncoWave
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Bruce Hall has also been added to the PS so that just leaves 2 spots.

BroncoBJ
09-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Is there any one good site for all the PS signings?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

That shows all the transactions and a lot of PS moves.

Brandstater made the Colts PS. :rockon:

LordTrychon
09-05-2010, 06:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

That shows all the transactions and a lot of PS moves.

Brandstater made the Colts PS. :rockon:

That's the move I was looking for. Thanks.

All I heard any time football came up was "Who's ass is Painter kissing that Brandstater was cut instead of him?!"

I cleaned the quote up.

Spiritguy
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Ought to make DJ happy that his brother caught on the PS

I Eat Staples
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
No Jammie Kirlew? I was hoping he would make our PS.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Bruce Hall has also been added to the PS so that just leaves 2 spots.

According to this article, posted on the Broncos main site, Hall was waived, unless something different happened after this article was posted: Says article was posted 47 mins. ago.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brown-Clark-Join-Roster/23c3f1d5-8755-40df-834b-0d2192d3a963

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Exactly a week before their regular season opener in Jacksonville, the Broncos continued to tinker with their roster on Sunday. They were assigned a pair off waivers -- adding running back Andre Brown from the New York Giants and offensive lineman Chris Clark from Minnesota.

The team also waived Baraka Atkins and Bruce Hall and added five players to its practice squad. The players who joined the practice squad are Kevin Alexander, Britt Davis, Riar Geer, Kyle McCarthy and Worrell Williams.

Brown, a fourth-round pick out N.C. State in 2009, led the Giants in rushing this preseason with 95 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries, despite missing the team's preseason finale because of injury. He also led the team in kick return yards, picking up 120 return yards on seven attempts. The 6-foot, 224-pounder missed his entire rookie year due to a ruptured Achilles' tendon suffered last August.

The Broncos will carry five backs into the season-opener -- Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Lance Ball and fullback Spencer Larsen. Buckhalter and Moreno, who combined for nearly 1,600 yards last season, both recently returned to the practice field after being injured on the first day of training camp.

The team also brought in Clark to boost the offensive line. He played in three preseason games with the Vikings, including Thursday's finale against the Broncos. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2008, the 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman spent the last two seasons on Minnesota's practice squad.

To make room on the 53-man roster, the Broncos waived Atkins and Hall, who both joined the squad as free agents this offseason. Atkins, a fourth-year player from Miami, competed for time at outside linebacker throughout the preseason, notching a sack in the preseason opener against Cincinnati. Hall, who spent the last two seasons on Buffalo's practice squad, saw his most extensive playing time of the preseason in Thursday's finale, finishing with 15 carries for 33 yards and five catches for 34 yards.

After a busy weekend of trimming the roster in front of Saturday's deadline to have the roster at 53 players, the Broncos were able to bring back five players who were waived on Saturday to join the practice squad.

Alexander, who signed as a college free agent out of Clemson in April, earned reps with the first-team defense during summer OTAs and continued to impress through the preseason while competing as an outside linebacker.

Davis, a first-year wide receiver from Northern Illinois, signed as a free agent on August 5 and caught 4 passes for 63 yards in the preseason, including a 33-yarder from Tim Tebow in the preseason opener. The 23-year-old spent part of last season on the Jets practice squad.

Geer, a tight end, caught one pass for 6 yards in the preseason. The college free agent from Colorado was an All-Big 12 Conference selection in 2009.

McCarthy saw extensive action at safety throughout the preseason, notching 12 tackles, including a preseason-high four in Thursday's finale. The Notre Dame product led the Fighting Irish in tackles and interceptions in 2009.

Williams, the brother of linebacker D.J. Williams, joined the squad late in the preseason and made an impact with a pair of tackles in each of the last two preseason games, despite being new to the system. The Cal product competed in the UFL last season.

After Sunday's moves, the Broncos have up to three spots remaining on their practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2010, 07:44 PM
OK - this clears up the situation on Hall.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/05/broncos-add-ol-chris-clark/5029/

Tough break for linebacker Baraka Atkins and running Bruce Hall. They were waived Sunday after the Broncos claimed running back Andre Brown from the New York Giants and offensive lineman Chris Clark from the Minnesota Vikings.

Hall is expected to be added to the Broncos’ practice squad team Monday if he clears waivers. Atkins is expected to be released.

Clark, who will turn 25 on Oct. 1, spent the past two seasons on the Vikings’ practice squad. He becomes the 10th offensive linemen on the Broncos’ 53-man roster.

He is 6-foot-5, 315 pounds.

dogfish
09-05-2010, 08:11 PM
come on, sign seth olsen!

Skinny
09-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm glad Worrell made it.

Italianmobstr7
09-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Seth was signed by Minnesota.

dogfish
09-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Seth was signed by Minnesota.

well those dirty *******s!!

bcbronc
09-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Why? He was horrible this preseason. In fact both the Olsen twins were terrible in the final preseason game and I was hoping both would be cut. Now I do mix them up so if Seth is the rookie then I guess a spot on the PS wouldn't be the end of the world.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Why? He was horrible this preseason. In fact both the Olsen twins were terrible in the final preseason game and I was hoping both would be cut. Now I do mix them up so if Seth is the rookie then I guess a spot on the PS wouldn't be the end of the world.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

eric's the rookie, and he made the squad. . .

seth is the second year player, last year's 4th rounder. . . i thought he was opening some hole sin the run game on the second team O-line, which is something we can use. . . plus he's an iowa lineman, which means he probably had solid fundamentals. . . he's a player that i would have liked to keep around and see if he could be developed further. . .

i'm not surprised that the vikes took him. . . their OL depth isn't great, and they can use some additional run blocking. . .

I Eat Staples
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
eric's the rookie, and he made the squad. . .

seth is the second year player, last year's 4th rounder. . . i thought he was opening some hole sin the run game on the second team O-line, which is something we can use. . . plus he's an iowa lineman, which means he probably had solid fundamentals. . . he's a player that i would have liked to keep around and see if he could be developed further. . .

i'm not surprised that the vikes took him. . . their OL depth isn't great, and they can use some additional run blocking. . .

What I don't get, is that we signed that Viking O-Linemen and they signed Seth.