PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Twitter News not Updating?

Grover
09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
So my Broncos Twitter News hasn't had any new posts since August 31st?
Do I need to do something, or has it been static for everyone?

Tned
09-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmm, not sure what happened. I had to go through some hoops to get that fed into that forum, so will have to remember how I did it and try and figure out what's gone wrong. I'll post an update here once I get it sorted out.

Tned
09-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry I haven't gotten back on this sooner.

On Septermber 1st, Twitter changed a security setting. For those that have a twitter account, you will have noticed an RSS icon on the lower right, which is a feed of your timeline (all the people you follow). You used to be able to access that feed with your login details, and that was what I used to feed the Twitter News forum.

Now, the only way to access that timeline is with Oauth security, and there is no easy way to do that.

So, I have an alternative method to feed that forum, but it's going to take some time to configure it, which I likely won't have until one night next week.

Grover
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for following up. I think the Twitter feeds is extremely useful on this site, so i hope it's something that we can see continue. Thanks for all the work that you do. I really enjoy this site and all the information that it brings us.

Tned
09-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for following up. I think the Twitter feeds is extremely useful on this site, so i hope it's something that we can see continue. Thanks for all the work that you do. I really enjoy this site and all the information that it brings us.

I'll definately get it back online. Converting over to the new way, I will be able to be more selective, such as not having my tweets, or the automatic BF tweets, show up in there. They are part of the BroncosForums "timeline" as they call it on Twitter, but the new way will be to pipe in individual people's tweets, so I think it will be a little better. I'll do my best to have it back online sometime next week.

Tned
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, I think I have this working again. I had to setup a feed for each person on twitter, rather than the easy route I went last time. Since I had to restart the "pumping" of the feeds into the twitter forum today, they are probably not in order date wise and all the ones today are probably jumbled up (the one on top might be from a few days ago, and one on page three might be from 10 minutes ago), but I think from this point forward they should be ordered correctly.

I'll keep an eye on it, but if anyone notices a problem, let me know.