PDA

View Full Version : Surprise: Darrell Reid cut

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2010, 10:41 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/04/surprise-darrell-reid-cut/4984/

The Broncos are in the process of making cuts and one of the morning surprises was Darrell Reid, who as an outside linebacker had four sacks last year and as a special teams player was among the team’s two or three best.

Reid is coming off knee surgery that made him an ideal candidate for the PUP (physically unable to perform) list, which would have given him six additional weeks in the regular season to get right.

It’s possible the Broncos decided they couldn’t take a chance on Reid’s recovery in light of the $1.73 million salary that would have been guaranteed once he was placed on the PUP.

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

With Dumervil on IR, Holliday gone via FA and Reid now cut, Broncos reigning sack leader on active roster is DJ Williams, who had 3.5 in 09 less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

broncofaninfla
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Intresting.....

Italianmobstr7
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Damn that sucks. He's one of the coolest players who talks to fans and open talks about his love for the city and the fans. Good luck to him.

Traveler
09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/04/surprise-darrell-reid-cut/4984/

The Broncos are in the process of making cuts and one of the morning surprises was Darrell Reid, who as an outside linebacker had four sacks last year and as a special teams player was among the team’s two or three best.

Reid is coming off knee surgery that made him an ideal candidate for the PUP (physically unable to perform) list, which would have given him six additional weeks in the regular season to get right.

It’s possible the Broncos decided they couldn’t take a chance on Reid’s recovery in light of the $1.73 million salary that would have been guaranteed once he was placed on the PUP.

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

With Dumervil on IR, Holliday gone via FA and Reid now cut, Broncos reigning sack leader on active roster is DJ Williams, who had 3.5 in 09 less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Not unexpected. Makes sense financially.

rcsodak
09-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Doesn't mean anything....

....he can still be re-signed if nobody claims his injured body.

underrated29
09-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Yep I think they are doing what the saints might do with darren sharper. Tell him they want him back, but are going to cut him first, then re sign him when he is healthy and the roster makes sense for it.

honz
09-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Dang, I hope they bring him back when he gets healthy. I enjoyed watching him play last year.

Bosco
09-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Yep I think they are doing what the saints might do with darren sharper. Tell him they want him back, but are going to cut him first, then re sign him when he is healthy and the roster makes sense for it.

That could very possibly happen.

Elevation inc
09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
this is probally to save the money so we can pay jarvis green.....LOL!!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
09-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Ouch that was cold. :laugh:

broncobryce
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM

I think Joe Mays takes Reid's spot on special teams, and not sure of Reid's value short of that.

rcsodak
09-04-2010, 10:25 PM

Sharper was PUP'd, wasn't he?

TXBRONC
09-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I think Joe Mays takes Reid's spot on special teams, and not sure of Reid's value short of that.

Reid also provided some pass rush skills. He had the third highest total on the team last year IIRC.

Buff
09-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I will miss his well thought out coherent tweets.

BeefStew25
09-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't watch the DL, but I am sure he will be missed.

TXBRONC
09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I will miss his well thought out coherent tweets.

That's scary thought that you're on the same tweet wave length as Darrell Reid. :shocked:

Dean
09-05-2010, 07:39 AM
I don't watch the DL, but I am sure he will be missed.

Sounds like you don't watch the LBs much either.:confused:

dogfish
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM

it opens us to losing him, though-- i don't like it. . . saves bowlen some cheese, but i would have preferred to see him on the PUP. . .

Reid also provided some pass rush skills. He had third highest total on the team last year IIRC.

exactly. . . pass rush is where his value lies. . .