PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil to be placed on IR according to Mike Lombardi

pnbronco
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Broncos will place Elvis Dumervil (torn pectoral) on injured reserve Saturday.

He's out for the year, an admission the Broncos couldn't bring themselves to make until now. Denver's defense is in store for a major drop-off, and it's not just because of Dumervil. DC Mike Nolan is gone, Dumervil's replacements are borderline NFL-roster worthy, and the secondary is all a year older with little pass rush to make it look good. Keep this in mind for matchup purposes.
Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter

Traveler
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Broncos will place Elvis Dumervil (torn pectoral) on injured reserve Saturday.

He's out for the year, an admission the Broncos couldn't bring themselves to make until now. Denver's defense is in store for a major drop-off, and it's not just because of Dumervil. DC Mike Nolan is gone, Dumervil's replacements are borderline NFL-roster worthy, and the secondary is all a year older with little pass rush to make it look good. Keep this in mind for matchup purposes.
Source: Michael Lombardi on Twitter

Wow! Lombardi unloads on Denver. Can't argue anything he said though.

honz
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
JR will be pleased.

Northman
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
We will get a good idea this coming week how our defense will stand. But its a team concept so we should not miss a beat because technically we are better with out the midget LB. Or so im told anyway.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
We will get a good idea this coming week how our defense will stand. But its a team concept so we should not miss a beat because technically we are better with out the midget LB. Or so im told anyway.

No.. its a TEAM concept.

Like you said, we are better off... because now instead of relying on single, individual, talent...we can spread the success around. We are better off without single, individual, good players... and only players that are TEAM somethingorother.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
JR will be pleased.

Yeah bet he'll head to the local disco tech to celebrate.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah bet he'll head to the local disco tech to celebrate.

I think he posted he is in Branson, MO. Which means he'll have to celebrate with shoji tabuchi

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I think he posted he is in Branson, MO. Which means he'll have to celebrate with shoji tabuchi

He's a violinist right?

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
He's a violinist right?

yeah.... its actually a great show.

Traveler
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Elvis Dumervil (torn pectoral) confirmed on Twitter Friday night that his season is over.

"To all my fans, thanks for all the support and kind words," he wrote. "But this season is over for me due to my injury that occurred during training camp. The Broncos have a great recovery plan for me to be back 100%" Dumervil will collect roughly $4 million this season to sit on injured reserve.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

pnbronco
09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Well I'm glad he will get the time he needs to recover.

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
can i get a few mil ? i plan on sitting alot this winter:laugh:
poor taste i know....J/K i think doom is a great player who's heart and drive have proven he is worthy to be considered among the league's elite !
but damn 4 mil for ridin the pine sucks for the broncos no matter how you slice it !
on the other hand we gave simms a pretty penny to get baked and look like shyt last year:laugh:
i just hope elvis has a full and speedy recovery so he can hit the ground runnin' in 11':salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Dums' twitter posts - kind of neat - all of his posts are in orange

http://twitter.com/ekd92

# THE BRONCOS HAVE A GREAT RECOVERY PLAN FOR ME TO BE BACK 100% & MORE! NOW ITS TIME TO ENCOURAGE AND SUPPORT THE BRONCOS TO THE MAXIMUM! 12 minutes ago via web

# TO ALL MY FANS, THANKS FOR THE ALL THE SUPPORT & KIND WORDS BUT THIS SEASON FOR ME IS OVER DUE TO MY INJURY THAT OCCUR DURING TRAINING CAMP 17 minutes ago via web

And loved this one, which Dum posted after he signed his contract:

Hey world Elvis is officially in the building..Feeling really good. I love the Broncos Org, coaching staff, and especially the FANS 4:12 PM Jul 23rd via web

ikillz0mbies
09-03-2010, 10:30 PM
So does Denver sign a pass rusher out of free agency or do they have an in house candidate that could rush the QB on a consistent basis? Moss and Ayers better step up their game this year.....same with the d-line.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15988754

There are more pleasant ways to create roster room.

In a 24-hour period in which the Broncos must trim their roster from 75 players on Thursday to 53 by this afternoon, perhaps no move will be more devastating than placing defending NFL sack champion Elvis Dumervil on injured reserve.

The transaction means Dumervil is out for the season. O-U-T. Out. There had been fear such a move would take place from the time Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during an ordinary training camp drill Aug. 5. But there had also been hope since Dumervil underwent surgery to reattach a tendon to the bone that he would be back by mid-November.

Those hopes vanquished Friday evening when Dumervil spoke at length with coach Josh McDaniels.

"We mutually agreed this was the best thing to do," Dumervil said by phone. "I just felt like I still have a lot of my career in front of me, and I still have so much I'm going to accomplish that it would be better to make sure I get this right and not risk re-injuring by rushing back. I didn't want to go back out there with this hanging over my head and playing hesitant. I want to thank all the fans for their kind words through all this. I also ask them to make sure they continue to support the team. I think we're going to have a good team this year."

Just not as good as the Broncos could have been. Dumervil's season-ending injury occurred a few weeks after the Broncos signed him to a five-year, $58.332 million contract extension on top of the $3.168 million he will make this year.

The contract, which included an NFL-record $43.168 million guarantee against injury, was Dumervil's reward for leading the NFL with 17 sacks last season.

Lonestar
09-03-2010, 11:22 PM
JR will be pleased.

Not at all thought he is a good player just not worht the money everyone wanted to throw at him.

This is precisely why I do not believe in giving the farm away on one player.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

pnbronco
09-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Those hopes vanquished Friday evening when Dumervil spoke at length with coach Josh McDaniels.

"We mutually agreed this was the best thing to do," Dumervil said by phone. "I just felt like I still have a lot of my career in front of me, and I still have so much I'm going to accomplish that it would be better to make sure I get this right and not risk re-injuring by rushing back. I didn't want to go back out there with this hanging over my head and playing hesitant. I want to thank all the fans for their kind words through all this. I also ask them to make sure they continue to support the team. I think we're going to have a good team this year."

For some reason this just makes me feel a lot better about everything. That is was a decision that Elvis and Coach made together. That together they could see what is and that Elvis needs time to heal and not risk a re-injury.

broncogirl7
09-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Damn it Doom!!! You will be missed greatly!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2010, 11:50 AM

For some reason this just makes me feel a lot better about everything. That is was a decision that Elvis and Coach made together. That together they could see what is and that Elvis needs time to heal and not risk a re-injury.

I totally agree, and thought it was great, rather than Coach McD just putting Dum on the IR, he spoke with Dum to get his perspective - to consider his thoughts/feelings.

LTC Pain
09-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Heal quickly Doom!