PDA

View Full Version : Will Denver sign a RB?

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 06:37 PM
With White out for the year, Moreno still injured and Bucks inability to stay healthy, will Denver sign a RB this weekend? If so who?

Northman
09-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I have no idea but they should.

Northman
09-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Word is Dallas wants to try and trade Marion Barber so im wondering if we should try and work something out with them. We need to find a legitimate starter aside from Moreno.

honz
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
White was already out and Moreno is going to play next week. Losing Lendale does nothing to change our RB situation for our first 4 games. That said, I assume we sign someone to be our 4th RB, but he won't see the field next week. Also, Bruce Hall sucks.

honz
09-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Word is Dallas wants to try and trade Marion Barber so im wondering if we should try and work something out with them. We need to find a legitimate starter aside from Moreno.
Barber's best days are behind him. You can't last very long in this league when you run like Barber or Jacobs.

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Brandon Jacobs is pissed he got bumped to 2nd string in NY....maybe we can work a trade with them ?
we'll give them bruce hall and chris simms.....when he gets out:laugh:

Northman
09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I would take Jacobs in a heartbeat.

BroncoWave
09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm REALLY pulling for Bruce Hall to make it, but that's just because he played at the local JUCO in my hometown.

dogfish
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM

i wouldn't touch that unless they're giving him away. . . dude's taken some vicious shots over the past few seasons. . . he's had a lot of trouble with small dings, and since he got paid i don't think he runs as hard as he used to. . . he looks to me like a guy that's ready to fade away in the next couple years. . . i don't think he'd end up being much of a long term solution, and his contract's not insignificant. . .

i'd still consider making a move for marshawn lynch at the right price, but if jackson's dinged i'm not sure they'll be so eager to move marshawn. . . other than that i'd be extremely reluctant to part with a draft pick for an older back. . . not with this team. . .

we may well sign another guy for depth, but i'd rather just muddle through this year with the guys we have now than give up a pick. . . if we're going to spend a pick on a RB (we need to), it just makes more sense to me to wait and draft a guy with fresh legs. . . and that gives us another year to evaluate moreno, so we know whether we're looking for a good complementary option-- or a real starter to make knowshon the complemantary option. . .

honz
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Jacobs is toast. He got moved to 2nd string for a reason.

Northman
09-03-2010, 06:57 PM
i wouldn't touch that unless they're giving him away. . . dude's taken some vicious shots over the past few seasons. . . he's had a lot of trouble with small dings, and since he got paid i don't think he runs as hard as he used to. . . he looks to me like a guy that's ready to fade away in the next couple years. . . i don't think he'd end up being much of a long term solution, and his contract's not insignificant. . .

i'd still consider making a move for marshawn lynch at the right price, but if jackson's dinged i'm not sure they'll be so eager to move marshawn. . . other than that i'd be extremely reluctant to part with a draft pick for an older back. . . not with this team. . .

we may well sign another guy for depth, but i'd rather just muddle through this year with the guys we have now than give up a pick. . . if we're going to spend a pick on a RB (we need to), it just makes more sense to me to wait and draft a guy with fresh legs. . . and that gives us another year to evaluate moreno, so we know whether we're looking for a good complementary option-- or a real starter to make knowshon the complemantary option. . .

Nah, word is Dallas wants at least a 4th and a 6th or something like that. Maybe higher. It was just an option out there. I wouldnt be too crazy about Lynch either though at this juncture.

Ziggy
09-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd give a 3rd or 4th for Barber in a heartbeat. While his contract isn't cheap, a large chunk of it has already been paid. The man knows how to run between the tackles, pick up blitzes, and brings an element of toughness to the offense that this team needs.

ikillz0mbies
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
You know, I'd like either Jacobs or Barber. Both guys are tough and can catch out of the backfield. They're also pretty good in blitz pick up and pass protection (although, I think Barber is a little better than Jacobs in those departments). Plus, if they do come to Denver, they won't be carrying the entire workload. Are they really on the block though?

I Eat Staples
09-03-2010, 10:32 PM
White was already out and Moreno is going to play next week. Losing Lendale does nothing to change our RB situation for our first 4 games. That said, I assume we sign someone to be our 4th RB, but he won't see the field next week. Also, Bruce Hall sucks.

Amen. Should have kept Fargas.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Problem i...jacobs has really lost a lot the last two years. Hes second choice in NY and a compliment to bradshaw....would be nice to have a 250 lb back to pick up those short yrds.....oh...wait

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I agree the sentiment that we should but have no idea if we will.

Lonestar
09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
No poll showing on mobile but. IF their is someone cut from another TEAM worth looking at claim them on waivers.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

FanInAZ
09-04-2010, 04:46 AM

I'd rather have an undrafted FA rookie from some unknown collage than another RB with recent injury issues.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15986850

The Broncos have had difficulty securing an insurance policy for their backfield. That's why, when the Broncos scan the waiver wire this weekend, the guys with "RB" next to their names will get a long look.

Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) and Correll Buckhalter (neck and back) missed virtually all of training camp because of injuries. Buckhalter looked OK in limited playing time Thursday night during the Broncos' preseason finale at Minnesota, but Moreno still looks questionable for the regular-season opener Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

When he runs, Moreno doesn't appear to have the explosiveness or the confidence to plant his leg and drive into a cut he's going to need to play against the Jaguars. That's why skill-position players in the NFL dread hamstring injuries, especially one as serious as Moreno's appears to have been.

The Broncos signed veteran running back Justin Fargas but discovered why so many teams didn't like what they saw in his surgically repaired knee when they worked him out. Fargas has already been cut by the Broncos, after gaining just 17 yards on 10 carries in the preseason.

The Broncos signed LenDale White, hoping he could be a power back near the goal line and bolster their depth in the backfield. They signed the Chatfield High School graduate and former USC star even though they knew he was going to miss the first four games of the season because of an NFL-ordered suspension.

White suffered a season-ending Achilles tendon injury Thursday in the Minnesota game. It's an injury that is difficult for any player to come back from, let alone a running back. Denver wide receiver Brandon Stokley has called his recovery from a similar injury one of the most difficult things he's ever had to do.

So the Broncos are left with Buckhalter still coming back from his injury, with Moreno having had no carries in preseason practices or games (except for the one training camp practice he took part in) and with some backs who have never been the primary ball carrier for an NFL team.

That's a troubling thought for a team that struggled in short-yardage situation for most of the 2009 season and failed on two short-yardage situations Thursday against the Vikings — including a fourth-and-goal play at the Vikings' 1-yard line, when the Broncos couldn't pound it in for a touchdown.

Look for a new face in the Broncos' backfield after the weekend. If that doesn't happen, it means the Broncos have decided to be an uninsured motorist, hoping for the best as they weave their way through the trouble spots.

atwater27
09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
I wonder what the Boyz want for Tashard Choice. Too bad we ended up with Quinn and lost Hillis. Something isn't right, that there scenario.