PDA

View Full Version : Ruptured Achilles for LenDale White

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Ruptured Achilles for LenDale White (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/03/ruptured-achilles-for-lendale-white/)

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2010 12:39 PM ET
The injury bug has bitten again in Denver. In a big way.

Last night, Broncos running back LenDale White (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3637) left the preseason finale against the Vikings with what appeared to be an ankle injury. As it turns out, the injury was in the vicinity of his ankle.

As first Tweeted in non-hoax fashion from the bowels of the replacement to the '68 VW bus, White has torn his Achilles' tendon.

Per a league source, it's a full tear. White is out for the year.

He had been showing promise after joining Denver following injuries to Knowshown Moreno and Correll Buckhalter (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=703). Earlier this year, White had been traded from the Titans to the Seahawks, which reunited him with his college coach, Pete Carroll. But Carroll cut him just before word broke of a four-game suspension imposed by the league.

The Broncos could bring back running back Justin Fargas, whom they released upon reducing the roster from 80 to 75.

Traveler
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Damn! Injury bug has been on our back hard this year.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Ruptured Achilles for LenDale White (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/03/ruptured-achilles-for-lendale-white/)

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2010 12:39 PM ET
The injury bug has bitten again in Denver. In a big way.

Last night, Broncos running back LenDale White (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3637) left the preseason finale against the Vikings with what appeared to be an ankle injury. As it turns out, the injury was in the vicinity of his ankle.

As first Tweeted in non-hoax fashion from the bowels of the replacement to the '68 VW bus, White has torn his Achilles' tendon.

Per a league source, it's a full tear. White is out for the year.

He had been showing promise after joining Denver following injuries to Knowshown Moreno and Correll Buckhalter (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=703). Earlier this year, White had been traded from the Titans to the Seahawks, which reunited him with his college coach, Pete Carroll. But Carroll cut him just before word broke of a four-game suspension imposed by the league.

The Broncos could bring back running back Justin Fargas, whom they released upon reducing the roster from 80 to 75.

I guess gives Hall a little better chance of sticking with team.

topscribe
09-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Find a good one, and he's gone. Wow. How many times does that have to
happen? And I feel for White. The only kind of luck he's had over the last couple
years has been of the bad variety . . . :tsk:

-----

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Damn! Injury bug has been on our back hard this year.

Literally. (Buckhalter)

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
No doubt, this sucks. With Bucks and Moreno's injury history, Denver really doesn't even have a viable healthy threat on the roster and season starts in a week.

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 12:00 PM
i wish we would have gone after chester taylor instead ! and NO hall will NOT make the 53 man roster:salute:

underrated29
09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Fargas, Kevin Jones, and whoever shanny cuts in washington...probably FWP.

Nothing spectacular, but IMO we need 4 backs on the roster...know,buck,ball and whoever above or someone I left off.

Cant count on buck to endure a full season. Knowshon we can, but who knows with hammys. And ball as our guy if they arent 100%-Yikes!

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 12:03 PM
fargas is gone...and did'nt look like had too much left in the tank to me.
maybe we will get a shot at torain if he hits waivers? but his injury history is not so pretty either

ikillz0mbies
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Anyone hoping Lawrence Maroney gets cut?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
This is somewhat strange. Last night after the game, LenDale was talking to some of the reporters in the locker room, standing there on his own two legs :confused:, and stated "it's nothing serious - I will be fine"??????????

I am not saying this is not true, but just rather strange seeing/hearing LenDale after the game.

Traveler
09-03-2010, 12:18 PM

He's dealing with injuries too.

honz
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
He's dealing with injuries too.

He has a chronic case of sucking and running like a pansy.

Traveler
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Adding insult to injury, White's injury means his suspension doesn't start till 2011 at the earliest.

EDIT: Apparantly not!

LenDale White will still serve suspension in ‘10

An NFL spokesman has confirmed that Broncos running back LenDale White will serve his four-game suspension in 2010 regardless of his injury status.

White suffered a torn Achilles tendon in Thursday’s preseason finale and is likely out for the entire season. White was suspended by the league for four games this year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

“He’ll serve it this year,” said Corry Rush, AFC Information Manager for the NFL.

The situation is similar to a player who would serve a suspension while being a free agent.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/03/lendale-white-will-still-serve-suspension-in-10/4957/

underrated29
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
This is somewhat strange. Last night after the game, LenDale was talking to some of the reporters in the locker room, standing there on his own two legs :confused:, and stated "it's nothing serious - I will be fine"??????????

I am not saying this is not true, but just rather strange seeing/hearing LenDale after the game.

Hey until you see the doc that is how it is......I was coughing up blood on my hockey bench, I told the team I was fine, kept playing. Went to the doc, had pnuemonia....Wasnt allowed to play after that.

underrated29
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Adding insult to injury, White's injury means his suspension doesn't start till 2011 at the earliest.

Is that for real?

If so, they might as well keep him on pup so his suspension takes place, and then IR him so he is free and clear for next year. Or something.

Overtime
09-03-2010, 12:23 PM

you're right that is weird. if you rupture an achilles tendon, you aren't standing anything.

i irritated mine playing freshman football, didn't tear it, but strained it, and that was painful enough to walk around on, let alone trying to run routes, or even just standing on the sidelines.

there's no way he's standing there if he ruptured an achilles. he'd be on crutches at the minimum.

Overtime
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
White must be one tough cookie, ESPN has confirmed he tore his Achilles tendon. damn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528065

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
There should be some players out there that are cut before they hit the PS. I wish they'd trade with minn for their big white buffalo.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

CrazyHorse
09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Maybe Shaun Alexander is looking at resurrecting his career. His deep Christian faith would go right along with Tebow's.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
you're right that is weird. if you rupture an achilles tendon, you aren't standing anything.

i irritated mine playing freshman football, didn't tear it, but strained it, and that was painful enough to walk around on, let alone trying to run routes, or even just standing on the sidelines.

there's no way he's standing there if he ruptured an achilles. he'd be on crutches at the minimum.

He was freely taking with the reporters, no sign of pain on his face, etc :confused:

camdisco24
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Dang... I was so excited to have him on our team after watching him push the pile the past two games. White is what we needed for our weak redzone running game... This SUCKS.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
DAMN - IT MUST BE TRUE, AS THE DENVER POST IS NOW REPORTING IT

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15984459

Broncos running back LenDale White suffered a torn Achilles tendon in Thursday night's preseason game against the Vikings at Minnesota and is likely to miss the season, an NFL source confirmed today.

White left the game in the second quarter and did not return.

White was scheduled to begin serving a four-game suspension for drug use next week, but now will be hard-pressed to return to the field this season.

White attended Denver South High School in 2000 and 2001 then transferred to Chatfield High where he helped win a Class 5A championship in 2002.

White played college ball at the University of Southern California then was drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL draft by the Tennessee Titans.

White was traded to the Seattle Seahawks this April, but was cut on May 28. He signed with the Broncos on Aug. 4

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
What makes this suck even more is that it's concievable that both Buck and Moreno will both be out with injuries by week #2. Since Mcd/Xanders failed to address this position until late into the off season with guys who weren't close to being in football shape we will probably be starting one of the scrubs we have left and a player who is currently on another teams roster. Shanahan coached 5 guys through a similar problem in 08 when 5 RB's landed on IR, lets see what Mcd can do......

broncogirl7
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
This SUCKS!!!!

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 12:53 PM

At the time Maroney was drafted I would have like to had him but he hasn't been able to stay healthy since entered the League.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
At the time Maroney was drafted I would have like to had him but he hasn't been able to stay healthy since entered the League.

and he just flat out sucks....

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Hell no. He's awful

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
A Smith trade for a servicable RB?

dogfish
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
There should be some players out there that are cut before they hit the PS. I wish they'd trade with minn for their big white buffalo.

why would they want to trade their new second round pick?

:confused:

CrazyHorse
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
A Smith trade for a servicable RB?

McGahee would be awesome.

broncofaninfla
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Mean while Hillis was held out with Clevelands starters last night and Tebow is a better option as the back up QB so Quinn now holds a clip board.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 01:05 PM

You're not alone Dog I found that confusing as well.

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm more concerned about Harris. This preseason has sucked from an injury standpoint.

LTC Pain
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Derrick Ward is looking for a team!

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Is that for real?

If so, they might as well keep him on pup so his suspension takes place, and then IR him so he is free and clear for next year. Or something.
he's not PUP eligible. He's sca-roooood

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
HellsBells, dog...I dont know! I was pissed when they grabbed him. Can't a dude dream??? Lol Maybe they'd swap for Phonz? lol

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
You're not alone Dog I found that confusing as well.
Shutup, bandwagon'er.

; )

dogfish
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Can't a dude dream???

my bad. . . carry on. . . :D

slim
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Meh, he is a 3rd string RB.

I am more worried about Harris.

broncophan
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I say we trade Brady Quinn to Cleveland for Hillis...

underrated29
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I say we trade Brady Quinn to Cleveland for Hillis...

Montario Hardesty- apparantly tore his acl last night too. Hillis is now the #2. He is not going anywhere. Not that josh would want him back, but fwiw.

broncophan
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Montario Hardesty- apparantly tore his acl last night too. Hillis is now the #2. He is not going anywhere. Not that josh would want him back, but fwiw.

Well then.....I wonder what Jerome Bettis is up to these days....

Bosco
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
This is almost comical.

broncophan
09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
another injury??......too bad for White......we'll be o.k though imo.....I hate to think that the broncos were pinning their hopes on someone who was to be suspended for the first 1/4 of the season......and someone whose former college coach did not want.

Hope he will be ready for next season though.....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I felt LenDale would do very well with the Broncos - he was home playing for the team he grew up loving - what a shame :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15984459

Broncos running back LenDale White suffered a torn Achilles tendon in Thursday night's preseason game against the Vikings at Minnesota and will miss the season.

The team officially placed White on injured reserve today.

White left Thursday night's preseason finale in the second quarter and did not return.

White was scheduled to begin serving a four-game suspension for drug use next week, but now will be hard-pressed to return to the field this season.

White attended Denver South High School in 2000 and 2001 then transferred to Chatfield High where he helped win a Class 5A championship in 2002.

White played college ball at the University of Southern California then was drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL draft by the Tennessee Titans.

An NFL spokesman has confirmed that White will serve his four-game suspension in 2010 regardless of his injury status.

"He'll serve it this year," said Corry Rush, AFC information manager for the NFL.

The situation is similar to a player who would serve a suspension while being a free agent.

White was traded to the Seattle Seahawks this April, but was cut on May 28. He signed with the Broncos on Aug. 4.

At that time, he told The Denver Post how excited he was to get another chance in the NFL, back in his hometown.

"I want to play football, I want to be out here, I like to be out here, I like hitting pads," White said. "I like meeting new guys. ... This is my love, this is my passion. I want to do this for the rest of my career. I'm going to stay away from everything negative. I have to, as long I can play football."

White's career with the Titans ended after he struggled with his weight, clashed with his position coach and had his work ethic publicly questioned. He was traded to the Seahawks in April, where he was slated to play for Pete Carroll, his former coach at Southern California. The Seahawks cut White after being apprised of his impending suspension.

White, who admitted earlier this year to smoking marijuana while with the Titans, said at the time he had worked out hard in Denver and was preparing for what he hoped was a chance to resurrect his career.

"I'm happy to be here," White said. "When you're sitting on the sideline and you're watching NFL Network and you get to see all your friends around the league play and stuff, you definitely get an itch. Good thing I was working out. Coach (Josh McDaniels) gave me a call and I was ready to go. I'm just really fortunate and I'm humble and I just thank God that I'm out here."

Lonestar
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
another injury??......too bad for White......we'll be o.k though imo.....I hate to think that the broncos were pinning their hopes on someone who was to be suspended for the first 1/4 of the season......and someone whose former college coach did not want.

Hope he will be ready for next season though.....

They were not pinning their hopes on white at all he WAS abackup at best when they signed him.

Now some fans might hav fell in love. But the coacheshad moreno and. Bucky. Penciled in 1 2.

BroncoBJ
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15984459

Broncos running back LenDale White suffered a torn Achilles tendon in Thursday night's preseason game against the Vikings at Minnesota and will miss the season.

The team officially placed White on injured reserve today.

White left Thursday night's preseason finale in the second quarter and did not return.

An NFL spokesman has confirmed that White will serve his four-game suspension in 2010 regardless of his injury status.

"He'll serve it this year," said Corry Rush, AFC information manager for the NFL.

White was traded to the Seattle Seahawks this April, but was cut on May 28. He signed with the Broncos on Aug. 4.

At that time, he told The Denver Post how excited he was to get another chance in the NFL, back in his hometown.

"I want to play football, I want to be out here, I like to be out here, I like hitting pads," White said. "I like meeting new guys. ... This is my love, this is my passion. I want to do this for the rest of my career. I'm going to stay away from everything negative. I have to, as long I can play football."

White's career with the Titans ended after he struggled with his weight, clashed with his position coach and had his work ethic publicly questioned. He was traded to the Seahawks in April, where he was slated to play for Pete Carroll, his former coach at Southern California. The Seahawks cut White after being apprised of his impending suspension.

White, who admitted earlier this year to smoking marijuana while with the Titans, said at the time he had worked out hard in Denver and was preparing for what he hoped was a chance to resurrect his career.

"I'm happy to be here," White said. "When you're sitting on the sideline and you're watching NFL Network and you get to see all your friends around the league play and stuff, you definitely get an itch. Good thing I was working out. Coach (Josh McDaniels) gave me a call and I was ready to go. I'm just really fortunate and I'm humble and I just thank God that I'm out here."

I was just coming on here to ask that question if his suspension will be served this year since hes out for the year or if he'll have to wait. :fight:

But I feel bad for the guy. Seemed like a nice kid who was real happy to be playing in Denver. :(

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
They were not pinning their hopes on white at all he WAS abackup at best when they signed him.

Now some fans might hav fell in love. But the coacheshad moreno and. Bucky. Penciled in 1 2.

In my opinion, you would have seen White in to get tough yards, or on the goal line.

topscribe
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM

Yes, but LenDale has power they don't have. He also has some nasty . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
In my opinion, you would have seen White in to get tough yards, or on the goal line.

I think you are right. Despite some feeling they have the inside track to the depth chart and all the package sets, I think that we definitely would have seen White in on the "big" packages for the short yardage and goalline rushes, as you said.

dogfish
09-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I think you are right. Despite some feeling they have the inside track to the depth chart and all the package sets, I think that we definitely would have seen White in on the "big" packages for the short yardage and goalline rushes, as you said.

quite possibly. . .

however, it's moot now either way. . . looks like we'll just have to go with tebow in the Wild Ass formation on short yardage. . .

:cool:

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Shutup, bandwagon'er.

; )

I'm no bandwagoner your post didn't make sense to me.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 06:49 PM

I agree I think that they were looking at White to be a short yardage back.

broncophan
09-03-2010, 07:10 PM

imo....the broncos were wanting to use him in short yardage situations.......I don't see anyone else as of now that could be successful....consistantly, in those situations.......so.....yea.....imo.....yea......t hey were hoping for White to do that....

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 07:28 PM
imo....the broncos were wanting to use him in short yardage situations.......I don't see anyone else as of now that could be successful....consistantly, in those situations.......so.....yea.....imo.....yea......t hey were hoping for White to do that....

White has been decent power back to this point in his career it's to bad he's done for the year.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I was listening to Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth this afternoon on the fan, and both of them said they were sick that this happened to LenDale, and it was a major blow to the Broncos.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I so want this injury bug to go away, too many of our players are getting hurt. I know it is a part of football, but this seems a little bit extreme. We are thinning out our good players and it is good to let another player play, it just cuts into our winning odds. God Bless Bronco Nation.............

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I was listening to Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth this afternoon on the fan, and both of them said they were sick that this happened to LenDale, and it was a major blow to the Broncos.

I agree witht hem.... I had been pretty excited abotu what I saw from him during pre-season. I thought he looked refreshed, and really felt he was going to be a nice addition to a diminished RB corp.

I Eat Staples
09-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow...well this is disheartening to say the least. I really liked this signing and I think White was showing some promise. Hopefully he recovers well.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm so mad I want to spit. We FINALLY had a redzone running game again. Screw all these injuries!

Anybody still think we need 4 preseason games to get guys hurt for nothing?

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
at the same time, if we increase the number of games to 18, these guys might be hurt in the first game of the regular season. With the 18 game schedule, teams might be able to keep more players on the roster.... thus fewer players available for us to pick up and replace these guys.

Northman
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Yea, injuries are going to happen.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Yea, injuries are going to happen.

I can accept injuries in regular season games. It's just so much more upsetting in games that mean nothing. I'm not advocating that Lendale shouldn't have been playing, but to see him go down like that irks the shit out of me.

To me, it's like keeping your starting QB in the game with a 21 point lead (or trailing by 30 or more) in the 4th quarter just to see him take a bad sack and get injured.

Ravage!!!
09-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I can accept injuries in regular season games. It's just so much more upsetting in games that mean nothing. I'm not advocating that Lendale shouldn't have been playing, but to see him go down like that irks the shit out of me.

To me, it's like keeping your starting QB in the game with a 21 point lead (or trailing by 30 or more) in the 4th quarter just to see him take a bad sack and get injured.

hmmm.... welll. I guess this is just something we'll have to disagree on, I guess. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Today when I was listening to Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth on the fan, they both said that LenDale's injury was solely contributed to the artificial turf :tsk: