PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris

GEM
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
So, I didn't get to watch the game last night. How bad was the Harris and LenDale injuries?

Thanks.

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I really want to know about Harris, if he has a significant injury, we are in trouble. He had someone roll into the back of his legs.

Our backup OLine looks terrible.

LenDale might have broke a leg or an ankle. He wipped it through the air and it hit against another player. I'm hoping for less, but he couldn't put any weight on it.

BroncoNut
09-03-2010, 09:23 AM
did we win? how did we look? I also was unable to watch the game

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 09:37 AM
No we lost 31 - 24.

Both Quinn and Tebow looked good. OLine looked bad. Running game looked bad (other than Ball). We had 4 turnovers. The defense wasn't great.

BroncoNut
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
oh man, thats' not encouraging. I guess the Steeler game was a fluke. How did Kyle look?

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 09:40 AM
oh man, thats' not encouraging. I guess the Steeler game was a fluke. How did Kyle look?

He was a little off, but not too bad. He marched the team down for the first score.

muse
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
No we lost 31 - 24.

Both Quinn and Tebow looked good. OLine looked bad. Running game looked bad (other than Ball). We had 4 turnovers. The defense wasn't great.

I thought the D did pretty well considering we had, what, 3 turnovers by half time (I think) and were still in the game. The second/third teams gave up some big plays, but that wasn't unexpected.

broncobryce
09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought the running game was ok with the starters in. After that it was a makeshift oline and wasn't as good
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 09:56 AM
I thought the D did pretty well considering we had, what, 3 turnovers by half time (I think) and were still in the game. The second/third teams gave up some big plays, but that wasn't unexpected.
Yea, I should have qualified that. The backup defense looked bad.

frauschieze
09-03-2010, 10:10 AM
He was a little off, but not too bad. He marched the team down for the first score.

Vikings rested 20 starters. It is less impressive when considering who it was against. I thought he played significantly better against the Steelers.

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Vikings rested 20 starters. It is less impressive when considering who it was against. I thought he played significantly better against the Steelers.

Agreed. But I don't think he had enough series to really get into a rhythm. I was kind of surprised they played him at all.

frauschieze
09-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Agreed. But I don't think he had enough series to really get into a rhythm. I was kind of surprised they played him at all.

Probably true. The game last night was really a typical scrubs trying to make the team game. I'm okay with that.

Northman
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Probably true. The game last night was really a typical scrubs trying to make the team game. I'm okay with that.

Yea, im not taking this game too seriously as it was bottom of the barrell players just trying to make a spot.

Traveler
09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Yea, im not taking this game too seriously as it was bottom of the barrell players just trying to make a spot.

If so, thne their bottom of their barrel is way better than ours. There's plenty more rebuilding that still needs to take place.

Josh is making headway though.

topscribe
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM

The line was a sieve in the first part of the game. Orton found himself running
for his life. But this is what we needed to see because he showed surprising
(to many, I'm sure) mobility and moxie, beating the blitzes time and again to
move the team with authority down to the first TD. This was despite that Lloyd
dropped a perfect pass to put them into a long-yardage down.

Tebow and Quinn both did remarkably well. Tebow had a rough start, fumbling
the snap that a MN linebacker picked up and took in for a TD, then completing
a pass to the wrong uniform with a horrendous read and throw. But, unfazed, he
went on to make a good show of himself.

Quinn was almost flawless - a questionable play or two - but he passed most
of the time with laser accuracy. It was hard to believe this was the same guy
we saw the other night.

We have to remember, however, that both Tebow and Quinn were playing
against 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. Even Kyle was playing largely against 2nd
stringers which distressed me somewhat - not because of Kyle but because of
the line in front of him, who was supposed to be blocking.

Beadles was a beast - he even took reps at RT last night after Harris left with
an ankle injury. Beadles can play anywhere on the line. And LenDale . . . boy,
are we going to miss him for four games. The kid is a player - hard and tough
as nails out there.

Contrary to what I think might be going through perhaps most minds today, I
believe that, once the starters were done, the best defender on the field was
Alphonso Smith. Yes, he did get his feet tangled up with the receiver for an
easy TD, but that happens. But we have to remember whom Phonz was up
against for most of the night: the one and only Javon Walker. Javon is NOT
a scrub. We have to remember that, two short years ago, Javon was deemed
one of the elite receivers, and he showed much of that last night. I believe
Phonz made a good showing against Javon, for a 2nd year player. He's here to
stay.

Back to Quinn, who conducted an impressive two-minute drive and would
have passed for the game-tying score, had Geer not dropped an easy, perfect
pass from him, with which he could have walked into the end zone. He showed
why McDaniels still has not made up his mind as to who gets the 2nd spot.

There's more to the game, of course. But this should serve as a starter . . .

-----

topscribe
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
If so, thne their bottom of their barrel is way better than ours. There's plenty more rebuilding that still needs to take place.

Nah. The Broncos outplayed them. Just too many turnovers. But if you look at
the yards gained, the TOP - just about everything in the box score - it was all
Broncos.

-----

Traveler
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Nah. The Broncos outplayed them. Just too many turnovers. But if you look at
the yards gained, the TOP - just about everything in the box score - it was all
Broncos.

-----

Guess I'm focusing more on the play of the offensive and defensive lines. Minnesota spent way too much time on our side of the ball.

Quite disappointing to watch that time and again.

Still can't get that play outta my head when their RB scored on the goal line. Can't remember the the RB's name.
What I do remember is Chris Baker getting stood up and moved completely out of the way and the Rb cutting right into the hole that was left.

Lonestar
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Think it is easy to say that we had very little depth on the TEAM mikeys last few years.

Even some of the actual starters mainly the entire D left much to be desired.

So you are correct rebuilding the entire D for almost scratch may take another year to get there although the 1st teamers are getting there. Now it is lots of coaching to be done.

Changing to the PBS WAS a God send.

Revamping a really poor red zone blocking group will take some time to get them synronized. But they are on their way. Now just need depth all over and for them to develop.

Not yt a SB TEAM but think we can be very competitive. We will surpise a few teams and play others tougher than we have in years.

IMHO

topscribe
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Guess I'm focusing more on the play of the offensive and defensive lines. Minnesota spent way too much time on our side of the ball.

Well, the O-line, true. As I have mentioned before, you get past the first string,
and the dam breaks. All three QBs found themselves running for their lives a lot.

The D-line wasn't so bad, IMO. No sacks, but they did put good pressure on the
QB at times - that is what precipitated some of Webb's spectacular scrambles.
And the Vikings averaged about 3.0 YPC in the running game, so that wasn't
bad. I hope Jamal Williams is up to going full speed in the regular season, though.
Ronald Fields looked actually soft to me . . .

-----

Traveler
09-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Think it is easy to say that we had very little depth on the TEAM mikeys last few years.

Even some of the actual starters mainly the entire D left much to be desired.

So you are correct rebuilding the entire D for almost scratch may take another year to get there although the 1st teamers are getting there. Now it is lots of coaching to be done.

Changing to the PBS WAS a God send.

Revamping a really poor red zone blocking group will take some time to get them synronized. But they are on their way. Now just need depth all over and for them to develop.

Not yt a SB TEAM but think we can be very competitive. We will surpise a few teams and play others tougher than we have in years.

IMHO

+1. Not much to add here.:salute:

underrated29
09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Looked like lendale sprained his ankle when cutting. I dont think he hit it on anything like reggie rivers was saying. When you watch the play in slow mo...you see him cut hard and then he tries to cut run again and gets no push then he tries to take one more step before he went to the ground on his own. That tells me that he hurt his ankle/foot when cutting. and more than likely is a sprain.

topscribe
09-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Looked like lendale sprained his ankle when cutting. I dont think he hit it on anything like reggie rivers was saying. When you watch the play in slow mo...you see him cut hard and then he tries to cut run again and gets no push then he tries to take one more step before he went to the ground on his own. That tells me that he hurt his ankle/foot when cutting. and more than likely is a sprain.

The upside is, he's got four weeks to let it heal . . .

-----

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
OMG!! It was the frick'n 4th preseason game! No gameplan, full of situational play calling.
Indy has won like 4 PS games out of the last 10 yrs. OAK HAS WON 60%+.

Time for realiity check on these boards. Geez!

rcsodak
09-03-2010, 12:42 PM
The downside is you cant see an achilles tear by watching slomo. Time to bring in a big back or speedster. KC LOOKS TO BE LOADED WITH GOOD RB'S.

dogfish
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
no news on harris yet. . .

man, this sucks. . . :tsk:

turftoad
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
No news is good news. We hope.

rationalfan
09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
re: harris injury.

i was at the game last, sitting three rows back from the field and watched harris walk past us to the locker room after the injury. he wasn't limping. he wasn't holding his arms oddly. he had a bit of grimmacing on his face, though. makes me think he could have aggravated his toe, again. but, he really didn't look bad.

also, quinn looked pretty damn good in person. though, it was against guys on the third string. and, in person, the difference between lance ball is bruce hall is enormous. ball has a great burst and shiftiness, hall is slower and indecisive.

honz
09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Ryan Harrison took part in the match of the US Open so far, earlier today.

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Ryan Harrison took part in the match of the US Open so far, earlier today.

who cares about bowling:mad:

spikerman
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
So what we learned last night was that Denver's starters and Minnesota's backups are pretty evenly matched, right?

It's looking more and more like it's going to be another long year of the Broncos not being able to stop the run.

honz
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM

:tsk:

honz
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
So what we learned last night was that Denver's starters and Minnesota's backups are pretty evenly matched, right?

It's looking more and more like it's going to be another long year of the Broncos not being able to stop the run.
Our starters played like 2 series, forced two 3 and outs, and left the game up 7-0.

spikerman
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Our starters played like 2 series, forced two 3 and outs, and left the game up 7-0.

And still had trouble stopping the run and protecting Orton. I was hoping for a more dominant performance. Besides, the team has not looked great stopping the run all preseason. I understand that it's preseason, but by now it's looking like a trend and not an anomaly.

underrated29
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
And still had trouble stopping the run and protecting Orton. I was hoping for a more dominant performance. Besides, the team has not looked great stopping the run all preseason. I understand that it's preseason, but by now it's looking like a trend and not an anomaly.

i missed the first part of the game but did we have:

clady,beadles,jd,kuper,harris protecting orton or was it some other lineup?

Something to consider before claiming we had a tough time protecting KO.

spikerman
09-03-2010, 05:15 PM

I was listening on the radio so I don't know what the exact lineup was, but I believe Clady, Harris, and Walton were out there. Either way, since McDaniels said the first team would be playing it had to be the best available. The thing to keep in mind is that they weren't exactly facing Minnesota's starting line.

Honestly I'm much more concerned about the defense's inability to stop the run consistently.

Italianmobstr7
09-03-2010, 05:38 PM

The starting OL was Clady, Daniels, Walton, Kuper, Harris. Stanley Daniels started in place of Beadles. Clady looked slow, and allowed a lot of pressure on the first drive. On the 2nd drive, it wasn't much better, but it was a little better. The TD that Lendale had went to his side. He definitely looked a bit tentative. I'm glad he got some plays in though because I think it helped prepare him for what to expect next week. Aaron Kampman is no slouch, so Clady needs to be 100% ready or he needs to sit. On the first play, Orton got sacked and it would've been by Cladys guy had the CB not got there first. Hope Clady is actually 100% healed, and was just nervous/tentative last night.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
The starting OL was Clady, Daniels, Walton, Kuper, Harris. Stanley Daniels started in place of Beadles. Clady looked slow, and allowed a lot of pressure on the first drive. On the 2nd drive, it wasn't much better, but it was a little better. The TD that Lendale had went to his side. He definitely looked a bit tentative. I'm glad he got some plays in though because I think it helped prepare him for what to expect next week. Aaron Kampman is no slouch, so Clady needs to be 100% ready or he needs to sit. On the first play, Orton got sacked and it would've been by Cladys guy had the CB not got there first. Hope Clady is actually 100% healed, and was just nervous/tentative last night.

I think it's better to let Clady round into shape while playing. He still the best offensive lineman we have.

WARHORSE
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Well wonder why Clady looked slow............he must be washed up now.

I Eat Staples
09-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I think it's better to let Clady round into shape while playing. He still the best offensive lineman we have.

And in the NFL.

dogfish
09-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Nothing definitive, but have heard Ryan Harris' ankle injury isn't **too** serious. Still will likely be questionable-to-doubtful for opener
about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by 5 people
.PostBroncos
Lindsay Jones

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/22929267483

rcsodak
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM

:laugh:

Anybody that tries it was a golf club...that's who. :elefant:

rcsodak
09-04-2010, 12:05 AM

Sounded to me like maybe the 2nd stringers were hungrier than denver's starters....more specifically, fighting for their jobs.

Remember a few years ago....At SD.....last week (?) of the season....Denver's starters, SD backups.... And Denver beat them pretty handily.

spikerman
09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Sounded to me like maybe the 2nd stringers were hungrier than denver's starters....more specifically, fighting for their jobs.

Remember a few years ago....At SD.....last week (?) of the season....Denver's starters, SD backups.... And Denver beat them pretty handily.

That very well could be and I'd be more inclined to believe that was the case if stopping the run hadn't been a problem the entire preseason. So far it looks like Denver may struggle to run and struggle to stop the run. That sounds like a recipe for a top 10 pick next year.

pnbronco
09-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Nothing definitive, but have heard Ryan Harris' ankle injury isn't **too** serious. Still will likely be questionable-to-doubtful for opener
about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by 5 people
.PostBroncos
Lindsay Jones

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/22929267483

Oh dog I so hope you are right about Harris, we need both Ryan's out there.

broncobryce
09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Good thing we have Beadles. He looked good at LT, hopefully he can fill in at RT if batiste is no good.

bcbronc
09-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Ryan's durability issues have me thinking we need to find a new RT to go forward with sooner rather than later.

TXBRONC
09-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Ryan's durability issues have me thinking we need to find a new RT to go forward with sooner rather than later.

Zane Beadle if Ryan can't stay healthy. OTOH if Harris can he's the better tackle imho.

Bosco
09-04-2010, 02:00 PM

I don't think dislocated toe and an injury from having your ankle rolled on is anything that can be linked to durability issues. Not many players in the league can play through those injuries.

bcbronc
09-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think dislocated toe and an injury from having your ankle rolled on is anything that can be linked to durability issues. Not many players in the league can play through those injuries.

If that was his only injury I'd agree. But he was hurt when he was drafted and has had issues each season he's been a pro. He's a good player and we're better off if he can stay healthy. But olines need to build some chemistry and that only comes through reps.

Bosco
09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
If that was his only injury I'd agree. But he was hurt when he was drafted and has had issues each season he's been a pro. He's a good player and we're better off if he can stay healthy. But olines need to build some chemistry and that only comes through reps.

He had some back issues in college, but those were corrected and he was ready to go about halfway into his rookie season. Since then his only injuries have been the toe and this ankle.

If it was his back acting up again, then I'd be looking for his replacement as well, but this toe and ankle injury is just what happens in football.