PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Vikings Game Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Looks like the only tv coverage will be in Denver and Minnesota

BroncoWave
09-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh well, was going to miss it anyway. Have to work Tulane's football opener tonight. Once again let's hope for no injuries!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15967591?source=rss

The last preseason game is part ending — of training camp — and part beginning — of the regular season.

And the Broncos close out the preseason tonight, trying to walk the line between staying healthy and being ready. Unlike Mike Shanahan, who often kept his starters and top backups out of the preseason finale, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels figures to play some of his starters well into the first quarter against the Minnesota Vikings.

"Last year we played them a decent chunk in the first quarter," McDaniels said. "We don't put a play limit on them. There are some players that we want to see — if they can play this week. They're going to play and they're going to play more than three or four plays."

McDaniels did not play quarterback Kyle Orton in last year's preseason finale. Former No. 3 quarterback Tom Brandstater threw 30 passes in a 19-0 victory over the Cardinals. Orton missed the game with a finger injury. Then-No. 2 quarterback Chris Simms didn't play because of a sprained ankle, but the bulk of the starters played deep into the first quarter.

McDaniels said he hopes to play all healthy players some, so Orton should get a handful of snaps.

Left tackle Ryan Clady, who has returned to practice after offseason knee surgery, is expected to play at least some snaps against the Vikings, and running back Knowshon Moreno said Tuesday he hopes to play some as well.

O-line answers.

McDaniels said he will again start Stanley Daniels at left guard and rookie Zane Beadles will see time at left tackle. Beadles had worked at left guard with the starting offense when camp opened, but was replaced by Daniels over the past two weeks.

Beadles likely will start against the Vikings if the Broncos don't play Clady in the game.

McDaniels said this week the Vikings defensive front plays aggressively, much like the Lions did, and he wants to see the offense do a better job of handling that pressure early in the game.

"(Detroit) seemed to be the game that we struggled a little bit more early," McDaniels said. "And we're going to focus hard on trying to get off to a better start this week."

Favre or no Favre?

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre said he had fluid removed from his surgically repaired left ankle after the team's preseason game against the Seahawks.

He is not expected to play against the Broncos tonight.

Footnotes.

The Broncos likely will make the majority of their roster moves Friday. Teams have to be at 53 players by Saturday. . . . The team will agree to terms with the majority of its practice squad players on Sunday. . . . Right tackle Ryan Harris, a native of St. Paul, Minn., was asked this week about playing so close to his hometown and he offered; "Expensive, a lot of tickets."

Nomad
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll be flipping between the BRONCOS game and PITT/Utah!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Found the following - don't know anything about it:

http://streamingnflgames.com/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/09/02/what-to-watch-broncos-vikings/#more-1085

MINNEAPOLIS – It’s the last game day of the 2010 preseason — and if the “enhanced schedule” passes from theory to actual practice, this will be the last time the Broncos play a fourth preseason game.

For players fighting for the last spots on the roster, there’s an urgent dynamic to the last dress-rehearsal game; this won’t change, even if the preseason does.

“This is the most exciting and scary time for a lot of guys and my rookie year, definitely, it was just do or die in that game,” recalled Spencer Larsen, who was a rookie in 2008. “Luckily I had a ball bounce into my arms for an interception.”

In a demonstration of how everything counts to the last second, Larsen’s interception came just 3:47 before the final gun of that 28-14 win at Arizona. But plays like that involve a high degree of luck. Special teams, on the other hand — that can come down to effort, and Larsen counsels players on the precipice to make their impact there.

“That’s been my message to the rookies,” Larsen said. “I had a guy grab me my rookie year and told me the story of Terrell Davis (in Tokyo against the 49ers in 1995) and he ran down on a kickoff and knocked some guy out and that’s how he kind of grabbed the coaches’ attention.”

Pay attention to kickoff and punt coverage tonight; players on both teams will essentially be missiles.

But watch three other areas, as well — particularly since Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Tuesday that he plans to play his first unit during the first quarter, just like he did last year.

1. LEFT SIDE OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE: Stanley Daniels is expected to make his second consecutive start at left guard. He comes off a solid performance against Pittsburgh; his night was punctuated by his work on LenDale White’s 10-yard run in the second quarter, when Daniels, Russ Hochstein and Spencer Larsen cleared out blockers for White’s longest run of the night.

The $64,000 question is whether Ryan Clady makes his 2010 season debut after a week of practice. He shed the orange “no-contact” jersey when the Broncos practiced Tuesday. If Clady doesn’t play, then Zane Beadles will make a second consecutive start at left tackle; Beadles started Aug. 15 and 21 at left guard.

2. RUNNING BACK: With Toney Baker and Justin Fargas no longer in the picture, a clear stratification has developed among the running backs.

You start with the incumbent stalwarts returning from injury: Correll Buckhalter and Knowshon Moreno. They haven’t taken a preseason snap, and if one of the two does play Thursday, it’s more likely to be Buckhalter, since he’s had multiple days of full work. Moreno’s only practice the last four weeks came Tuesday, and was in an orange “no-contact” jersey.

On Aug. 24 — his first day back to the field — Buckhalter spoke of needing to ease his way back to full work. A week later, he saw the improvement, noting, “I feel pretty good right now — better than i did the previous weeks.”

So don’t be surprised if Buckhalter starts and gets a few carries Thursday night.

Next is LenDale White, who will serve a four-game substance-abuse suspension to begin the regular season but started Sunday against Pittsburgh; he continues to audition for a role in November and beyond. His 2-yard touchdown run Sunday showed that his goal-line power and instincts remain strong; if nothing else, he should help the Broncos’ short-yardage game if they choose to retain him after his suspension is done.

Then there’s Lance Ball and Bruce Hall, the Broncos’ two primary ballcarriers in the first two weeks of the preseason. Ball has the team’s longest preseason run, is the team’s rushing leader and based on his two starts, appears to be in excellent shape to make the 53-man roster with Moreno and Buckhalter.

Even though Ball came off the bench Sunday, he did see first-team work on passing downs.

“I think that Coach (McDaniels) has trust in me reading the blitzes,” Ball said. “(Running backs) coach (Eric) Studesville told me I was going to be in on every third down, so I had to step up and be on my toes.”

That work forced Ball to spend more time studying.. No problem there.

“It’s all about studying film and studying your opponent,” Ball said. “It’s a job, so you have to be on your job. I had good preparation and could recognize the (defensive) fronts.”

Bruce Hall has improved since a shaky game at Cincinnati that saw him miss blitz pickup on the overturned Tim Tebow fumble in the fourth quarter. He enjoyed a solid fourth quarter of work against Detroit on Aug. 21 and could find a home on the practice squad, for which he is eligible.

(And remember — part of the roster calculus involves identifying which players have the best chance of passing through waivers and being available for placement on the eight-man practice squad one day after final cuts. Rosters are typically compiled with 61 as the key number, NOT 53.)

3. DEFENSIVE LINE ROTATION: The starting trio appears set with ends Ryan McBean, Justin Bannan and nose tackle Jamal Williams. ‘09 starter Ronald Fields appears set as the backup nose tackle, while Marcus Thomas’s ability to swing inside and outside should help him return for a fourth Denver season.

But some of the Broncos’ defensive-end depth could come from outside linebacker. Robert Ayers can line up as a down lineman; so can Jason Hunter, who spent his entire career as a 4-3 end before joining the Broncos. Jarvis Moss also saw some brief work in a down position last Sunday against Pittsburgh. Their versatility could place defensive ends like Jarvis Green and Le Kevin Smith on the bubble.

Slick
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll have to catch the replay on NFL Network. Happy gameday guys.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
From Lindsay Jones: http://twitter.com/postbroncos

# RT @InsideNFLmedia: Broncos-Vikings on #NFL Network--Friday at 3:00 pm et, Sunday at 4:00 pm et & Monday 9/6 at 1:00 pm ET. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# And then you can catch the replay throughout the weekend on NFL Network 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# For those of you not living in Colorado or Minnesota, follow along with me here on Twitter and our blog on denverpost.com ... 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Traveler
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm just wishing there are no new injuries or setbacks to those injured players trying to return.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks for bringing the Andrew Mason column, Carol. It is one of the best reads
available on the Broncos, yet for some reason, were it not for you, I would
totally space him out. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

claymore
09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for bringing the Andrew Mason column, Carol. It is one of the best reads
available on the Broncos, yet for some reason, were it not for you, I would
totally space him out. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Quit kissing butt and get back in the closet.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Quit kissing butt and get back in the closet.

AND - just who let you out :tsk:

claymore
09-02-2010, 02:34 PM
AND - just who let you out :tsk:

I think its time we tell Top about us Carol.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 02:37 PM

It doesn't matter Clay. It's over.

You faithfully promised her you would take a bath this month.

She told me all about it . . .

-----

Northman
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I guess i will be subjected to watching this on gamecast and through the gameday thread.

honz
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I'll be flipping between the BRONCOS game and PITT/Utah!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

The Broncos aren't being carried live here in SLC, so I will be watching the Utes with my Gramps. The Broncos game is being re-aired sometime tomorrow on the NFLN.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Yup. Local coverage only, so I hear . . .

-----

Nomad
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Yup. Local coverage only, so I hear . . .

-----
Blame it on Farve! If he was playing, this game would be on NFLN!! Tebow must not have that much influence yet

Yeah honz, big test for the Utes tonight....best game of the night!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM

You just had to go ahead and do it, didn't you - AND THE SAME DAY AS THE BRONCOS ARE PLAYING A FOOTBALL GAME - HOW COULD YOU :Cry:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
The Broncos aren't being carried live here in SLC, so I will be watching the Utes with my Gramps. The Broncos game is being re-aired sometime tomorrow on the NFLN.

# RT @InsideNFLmedia: Broncos-Vikings on #NFL Network--Friday at 3:00 pm et, Sunday at 4:00 pm et & Monday 9/6 at 1:00 pm ET. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

broncophan
09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!
enjoy the game everyone....

claymore
09-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I will be tweeting updates of the game VIA Carols droid tonight. For anyone who is interested.

honz
09-02-2010, 03:04 PM
I will be tweeting updates of the game VIA Carols droid tonight. For anyone who is interested.
What's your tweeter name? Clay the Slave? Carol's #7?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Sorry Charlie - you will be back in the closet - BY YOURSELF

claymore
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
What's your tweeter name? Clay the Slave? Carol's #7?

tnedsdaddie&broncosforumheadmod It was long, but claymore was taken.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Open-Audition/748b9ebf-4dee-4dab-be0c-35103cd3c50b

The Broncos preseason finale on Thursday night offers youngsters competing for the last roster spots a chance to leave a positive impression.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Even after a breakout performance in Sunday's preseason win against Pittsburgh, Syd'Quan Thompson kept perspective on his quest to make the Broncos' 53-man roster.

The rookie cornerback's interception return for a touchdown and 62-yard punt return helped the team earn its first preseason win, but in the locker room following the game, Thompson said he still had work to do establishing his niche in a crowded secondary.

"It's going good," Thompson said. "We'll know by the last cuts, but right now, I'm just trying to work hard every day and hopefully be a part of this ball club by the end."

Thompson and the other Broncos battling for the team's final roster spots get their last chance to make a statement on Thursday night in Minnesota. The Broncos must trim their roster to 53 players by Saturday, and the preseason finale often offers the youngsters playing for their spot on the team an extended opportunity to leave a good final impression before the coaches gather to decide their fate.

"We kind of know who is right there on the cusp of making it at different spots and we also know who is competing across the ball from one another," Head Coach Josh McDaniels said this week. "It could determine a lot or it could not change much at all, we'll kind of see how it goes."

McDaniels said the starters played almost a full quarter in the fourth preseason contest last season, and while the coach won't a "play limit" on them, it's not likely the first units will play much more than that this time around.

That leaves plenty of time for those further down the depth chart to make their case.

When asked how many spots might still be undecided heading into the game, McDaniels smiled as he answered, "53." But the head coach continued to say that players don't know exactly what the staff is hoping to see from them, meaning there's only one surefire way to catch his attention going forward.

"I think it's to their best interest to keep playing hard," McDaniels said, "and I know they will all the way through the end of the game on Thursday."

McDaniels said one area he continues to play close attention to is special teams. That means that players are not just competing with their position group for spots but with others to prove who might be most valuable to the team as the regular season begins.

Spencer Larsen knows something about that. The fullback cemented his spot on the squad as a rookie in 2008 by showcasing his special teams ability.

Larsen said standing out on special teams is his best advice for young players at this time of year.

Of course, Larsen also boosted his own efforts to make the team as a rookie when he picked off a fourth-quarter pass against Arizona in the 2008 preseason finale.

"This is the most exciting and scary time for a lot of guys," Larsen said.

After the roster is cut down on Saturday, eight players will be brought back to join the practice squad. Teams across the league will be looking to fill their practice squads with players who can help them out in the future, meaning a good performance from a young player in the preseason finale can impress more than just their own team.

In 2008, Ryan McBean was waived by Pittsburgh after the preseason. The next day, the defensive lineman joined the Broncos. After spending a season on the practice squad, McBean emerged as a starter last season.

"They want to get themselves out there," McBean said of his advice for players heading into this game. "This is more like their application and not just for the Broncos. They just need to go out there and handle their business and have a clear mind."

After going through training camp and three preseason games with most of those players, McBean has a pretty good idea what they bring to the table. The third-year player said he's excited to watch his younger teammates give it their best shot against the Vikings.

"I believe those guys will do great," McBean said. "We have a young, relentless team here."

T.K.O.
09-02-2010, 03:57 PM
i get the game....i get the game:woot::rockon::eviltongue:
now if i could just get rid of this throbbing hangover....life would be wonderful:beer::mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
From Lindsay:

# Tebow is warming up by playing catch with .... Britton Colquitt. Whatever works. 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Greetings from the Metrodome (or Mall of America Field ... whatever). 2.5 hours from kickoff 23 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/02/clady-likely-moreno-iffy/4909/

Minneapolis _ It looks good for All Pro left tackle Ryan Clady to play tonight in the Broncos’ preseason finale against Minnesota. Clady has been out since suffering a partially torn knee ligament while playing basketball on April 24 _ nearly 4 1/2 months ago.

If Clady is cleared following a pregame test, he is expected to play no more than one or two offensive series. That would still be enough plays to push him towards starting in the the regular-season opener Sept. 12 at Jacksonville.

Running back Knowshon Moreno, though, was questionable at best to play. Moreno was going to test his hamstring prior to warmups before the Broncos’ medical staff made a determination. Moreno has been out since his hamstring went out while making a cut on the first practice of training camp, Aug. 1. It would be a surprise if he played tonight, so he will most likely have to hit the ground running, as they say, against the Jaguars.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
From Lindsay:

Tebow just made these kids' day ... going through and slapping high fives. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

There are four of five youth football teams sitting in the corner on the field. .... And they all are screaming for Tebow. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

FanInAZ
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll be watching the Cards. The question is, will I be muting the sound? After all, it can get a little annoying after a while to listen to the Cards propaganda agents telling us how good they are going to do this year while they're falling on their faces.

I'll definitely be tracking the Broncos both here and with CBSSports.com's Gametracker.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
From Vic Lombardi:

Ran into Buckhalter. Says he's gonna play tonight. "I need to get hit". I offered an open hand slap. Wasn't interested. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/02/daniels-starts-ahead-of-beadles/4915/

Minneapolis _ It appears Ryan Clady or no Ryan Clady, Stanley Daniels has replaced rookie Zane Beadles as the Broncos’ starting left guard.

Clady will start at left tackle against the Minnesota Vikings tonight, but Beadles will not be at left guard, as he has been since the mandatory minicamp in June.

Let’s call Daniels the surprise of preseason. He is a 6-foot-4, 320 pound product of the University of Washington who did not play in an NFL game in his first three seasons as a professional. Daniels, 26, was signed as an undrafted free agent of the St. Louis Rams in 2007, then spent time on the practice squads for the New York Jets in 2008 and Green Bay Packers last year.

Beadles versatility at both guard and tackle, meanwhile, figures to make him a backup on the active, game-day, 45-man roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
From Lindsay:

# #Broncos Blog: Andre’ Goodman; Jamal Williams; Daniel Graham out http://dpo.st/98kZgN half a minute ago via dlvr.it

# A bunch of other guys back in uniform tonight: Bailey, Dawkins, R. Quinn, Buckhalter 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Knowshon leads team onto the field...in a dead sprint. http://tweetphoto.com/42902753 11 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

# Knowshon Moreno dressed for tonights game 14 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
From Lindsay:

# Stanley Daniels is listed as the starting left guard tonight ahead of Beadles. Bet that means Beadles gets lots of work at LT after Clady. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# Players out vs. Minn: NT Jamal Williams, WR Stokley, S McBath, OL Hochstein, WR Thomas, TE Graham, LBs Dumervil + Reid 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Jagsbch
09-02-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.4malamute.com/images/afoapd.jpg
This is all new to me. Stanley Daniels?

spikerman
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Have they figured out just exactly what's wrong with Thomas' foot yet?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 06:49 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/02/moreno-is-warming-up/4926/

Minneapolis _ Knowshon Moreno at least made it out for warmups. He’s in uniform along with the rest of the tailbacks _ Correll Buckhalter, Lance Ball and Bruce Hall. I don’t see LenDale White. Oops, was just notified White has switched numbers from 26 to 25.

Nomad
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Mike Mayock announcing for the Vikings!!

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
whoot!!! made it out of warm-up and no injuries to our HBs!!!

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
digging the mayock commentary expect some good football info tonight for a change..... its late here already these primetime games are killing me.....gonna like when the 1PM and 4PM sunday games get here.....lol

Az Snake
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

Az Snake
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll be watching the Cards. The question is, will I be muting the sound? After all, it can get a little annoying after a while to listen to the Cards propaganda agents telling us how good they are going to do this year while they're falling on their faces.

I'll definitely be tracking the Broncos both here and with CBSSports.com's Gametracker.

Stream KOA radio in Denver like I'm doing.

Punt it again Vikes !

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
our 1's are kinda looking like they cant wait to get out already....lol...lame...lol

spikerman
09-02-2010, 07:12 PM
So Hunter already replaced Moss as the starter?

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
For anyone watching the game, take note that they're subbing Alphonso Smith and Nathan Jones into the nickel position.

camdisco24
09-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Terrible protection

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:17 PM
while its good to see clady and bucky back, you can tell neitehr is in game shape yet.....lol

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 07:18 PM
For anyone watching the game, take note that they're subbing Alphonso Smith and Nathan Jones into the nickel position.

deciding on which one to cut?

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:19 PM

They said the pass to Lloyd went through his hands, but they were showing
something else when the play happened. :mad: Was it a good pass?

-----

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Rather giving them both the chance to go up against the tougher competition would be my guess.

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Alphonso and Cox are now the starting corners it appears.

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/09/02/alphonso-smith-in-champ-out/4942

Minneapolis _ Although left cornerback Champ Bailey dressed and participated in pregame warmups, he won’t play tonight. Perrish Cox took his place at left corner and Alphonso Smith started at right corner in place of the injured Andre’ Goodman.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
They said the pass to Lloyd went through his hands, but they were showing
something else when the play happened. :mad: Was it a good pass?

-----

I just now got the live feed on the computer... so I dont know.

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Alfonso smith injured

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Man, that hurts. I thought he took the knee to the gut instead of his own knee. Looks to be alright though.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
was that Walton that almost had his knee taken out?

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Ryan Harris injured

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Harris looks to be nothing major. Quinn had a nice block on that last run as well.

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice job rebounding from a very bad read there on 2nd down.

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
well done KOrt.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Maylock is nuts.. that was PI alllllll they way. THe defender didn't even turn his head....

Ravage!!!
Give it to HILLIS!!

Bosco
Anyone watching that blocking there by Quinn? He's had two very good blocks on this drive alone.

Ravage!!!
or White

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:35 PM
There's what we were missing on the goal line last year . . .

----

pnbronco
Nice job guys.....That was a good scramble by Kyle and nice punch in by White and O line...

Ravage!!!
Nice run by white

HORSEPOWER 56
That's exactly what we've been missing. Two trips inside the ten in two weeks, two rushing TDs. Looks like Lendale will be our goal line bruiser this year. FINALLY!

Tom Nalen
Take Orton out..Minnesota is getting carried away with their blitzing.

muse
09-02-2010, 07:36 PM
...are we scoring TDs on the ground in the redzone?! Haven't seen anything like it since 05 :lol:

Ravage!!!
Anyone watching that blocking there by Quinn? He's had two very good blocks on this drive alone.

I'm pretty sure no one has denied he's a good blocker

DenBronx
Ok first team O looked good. Time to start pulling people and put in the 2nd teamers. I don't want to see anymore injuries.

HORSEPOWER 56
There's what we were missing on the goal line last year . . .

----

Beat me to it! :beer:

spikerman
09-02-2010, 07:37 PM
KOA reporting that Harris has gone to the locker room for x-rays.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Take Orton out..Minnesota is getting carried away with their blitzing.

Kyle's really handling it well, though, isn't he?

-----

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Maylock is nuts.. that was PI alllllll they way. THe defender didn't even turn his head....

yeah i love mayock, but he is kinda grinding my nerves a bit right now...seems like he is trying to hard to analyze something every play instead of balancing commentating with analysis

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 07:39 PM

-----

yes he is ..he is doing great..but hes already taken a sack...we've already have two fluke injuries, we can't afford one to kyle

Buff
Lendale's footwork just seemed better than anything we saw on the goalline last year.

Probably helps that he's a bigger dude, but how many times would Knowshon appear to be running full speed only to hit a brick wall when he got to the line. It looked like White took a more methodical approach to getting low and staying behind his blockers. (Helps when the blocker is Clady.)

topscribe

He's doing a nice job . . .

-----

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:40 PM

-----

yes kyle is a different breed of Qb this year, digging his movement in the pocket alot.....gonna need it while the rooks/graham/clady/kuper work on getting there chemistry back.....

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
thompson almost had another one....

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Great play by Syd!

Bosco
09-02-2010, 07:42 PM
He's doing a nice job . . .

-----

On that incompletion to Lloyd on the far sideline, Orton had Quinn wide open down in the short flat.

Tom Nalen
lol walton just hit his nuts with the ball

Elevation inc
ummmm.....WTF just happened....

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Was that a bad exchange or did Walton snap it early?

camdisco24
Yikes.....

muse
If nothing else, Tavaris has a great set of lungs on him :lol:

Um. Did anyone else immediately think "Cutler" when that snap went awry?

pnbronco
Great play by Syd!

That was a great play by Syd ...Oh opps.....so now they show a interview with Tebow??

Tom Nalen
Was that a bad exchange or did Walton snap it early?

Walton snapped it way early. Never got the snap up.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:46 PM
That's about the most impessive run for no gain one would ever see.

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice catch Deckers...

And well....think this will help Quinn with the whole metal freeze??????

LRtagger
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I wonder if Clay is noticing all these 3rd down conversions. :cool:

Elevation inc
lol......

DenBronx
wow...thrown into double coverage.

get your head in the game!

Bosco
C'mon Tebow. You gotta put some air under those.

Tom Nalen
the Receiver was wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open....the ball was waaaaaaaaay underthrown.

LRtagger
09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow...wonder if jagsbich is going to post this week.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Ouch. That was either an INT or a TD....

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Kyle is coaching Tebow

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
digging some tebow but he aint close to ready for full time duty this year....get a clue JAGS......

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 07:51 PM

don't tease me like that....that's just cruel.....:laugh:

DenBronx

i'll bump his orton thread just in case he doesn't. looks like tebow isn't superman afterall.

topscribe
I want to see Chris Baker. Fields is giving us a soft middle . . .

-----

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
great open field tackle....

topscribe
i'll bump his orton thread just in case he doesn't. looks like tebow isn't superman afterall.

Give him a break. He's a rookie. :)

-----

Tom Nalen
Kyle is coaching Tebow

no wonder the ball was underthrown....I keed I keed :cool:

pnbronco
Kyle is coaching Tebow

I saw that too, what a guy. Also did you see Quinn talk to him first? They are just good guys and team mates.

muse
Moss is getting doubled a fair bit I see. His initial burst is lightning.

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Moss is getting doubled a fair bit I see. His initial burst is lightning.

trouble with moss is that he gets stood up rather easily form what i have seen

topscribe
09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
no wonder the ball was underthrown....I keed I keed :cool:
That was cold. :eviltongue:

-----

DenBronx
09-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Give him a break. He's a rookie. :)

-----

of course.

just isn't ready to be thrown to the wolves just yet. one day maybe but right now these lessons are going to be very valuable and he needs to learn from them.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Lets see if Tebow leads the O back to a TD.

muse
09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
trouble with moss is that he gets stood up rather easily form what i have seen

He's not consistent yet, but it's nice to see him using rips/spin moves. Also had a great play on that screen pass.

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
of course.

just isn't ready to be thrown to the wolves just yet. one day maybe but right now these lessons are going to be very valuable and he needs to learn from them.

Which is what I was trying to say from camp reports and got hammered about being bias....Tim needs time to develop and learn the speed of this game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Great run by LenDale - and NOW HE IS HURT :tsk:

pnbronco
Nooooooo......not White dang it......finally someone that can play in the red zone, well I know he has 4 weeks to recovery but dang IT!!!!

topscribe
What's with the injuries???

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Great run by LenDale - and NOW HE IS HURT :tsk:

Well, he does get 4 weeks to get better...;)

camdisco24
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I HATE INJURIES.
We need White, he's looking great tonight...

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 08:03 PM
power running in short situations...what???? is this denver....lol

Denver Native (Carol)
Great pass by TT - Great catch by Willis :elefant:

pnbronco
Great catch Willis!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
DANG - TURNOVER :tsk:

topscribe
Willis might have just made the team . . .

-----

Buff
I'd say there is 0% chance Willis gets cut. Not that there was all that much doubt before.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Damn, Branson got SMOKED!

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Top, I was just about to post that.:salute:

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
wow not a good game for back-ups so far......god i just want the reg season to get here so we can see real football again.....

LRtagger
LOL if you look at the stats, you would think we are up 21-0

nevcraw
nice tackle by the QB!

Denver Native (Carol)
LenDale carted off field :tsk:

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 08:07 PM
White carted off................:banghead:

Phonz is back in I just saw.

MadMax
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
LenDale carted off field :tsk:

Hopefully whatever it is it takes 4 games or less to heal:noidea:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I tell you what, at least the defense is encouraging. 3 turnovers, ten points off of those turnovers. Points surrendered by the defense 3.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Lendale won me over for sure.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
DANG - HALL JUST FUMBLED THE BALL :tsk: I think some of these players are trying TOO hard to make the team

Jagsbch
Which is what I was trying to say from camp reports and got hammered about being bias....Tim needs time to develop and learn the speed of this game. And this is exactly what he is doing. You can't learn the speed of the game with a clip board in your hand... Or watching your the QB who is ahead of you throw one deep incomplete pass after another...:D:D

broncobryce
Wow. Whole lotta guys losing jobs tonight.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
4 possessions, 4 turnovers... wow!:tsk:

topscribe
Wow . . . Can't hang onto the ball or the Minn RB

Denver Native (Carol)
And this is exactly what he is doing. You can't learn the speed of the game with a clip board in your hand... Or watching your the QB who is ahead of you throw one deep incomplete pass after another...:D:D

You CAN'T go 0 - 16 to let him learn the speed of the game either :rolleyes:

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 08:15 PM
lol mayock on moss's butt...haha

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I wanted to see some Tebow tonight. Instead I get this shit.

Tned
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone think McDaniels is shouting "hold on to the mother ******* ball, we're trying to win the mother ******* game....." on the sideline right about now?

topscribe
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Where is the WANT-TO??

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
bye bye hall, bye bye branson.

camdisco24
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
These turnovers better not become a recurring theme this season.

topscribe
I wanted to see some Tebow tonight. Instead I get this shit.

They need some people who can hang onto the ball so Tebow can get two plays in a row . . .

Elevation inc
lol i think its becoming pretty clear who wont be here after this weekend......

Jagsbch
You CAN'T go 0 - 16 to let him learn the speed of the game either :rolleyes:

Yeah your so smart. As if that is what would happen. As if Ortons 2 wins in his last 10 was something remotely worth looking forward too again this season.:D:D

broncobryce
4 TO's in the first half? You gotta love preseason football.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah your so smart. As if that is what would happen. As if Ortons 2 wins in his last 10 was something remotely worth looking forward too again this season.:D:D

Do you have to troll this thread, too?

-----

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
great pass tt, great catch willis

LRtagger

As if you watched any of those 10 games last season :rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
Damn, Tebow has a CANNON.

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
TT has made only one ligit mistake. the INT. the the fubar snap prob was on the center.

topscribe
Great pass!!

broncobryce
Bye Stokely.

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 08:23 PM
TT has made only one ligit mistake. the INT. the the fubar snap prob was on the center.

it was

nevcraw
Tim Tebow just made the team.

Denver Native (Carol)

According to the announcers two of the turnovers were on TT

Jagsbch
great pass tt, great catch willis

There will be plenty more of those. Tebow brings you a facet of the game that Orton can only dream of bringing.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Tim Tebow just made the team.

lol

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
According to the announcers two of the turnovers were on TT

who are you going to believe? I pick me ;-)

muse
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
There will be plenty more of those. Tebow brings you a facet of the game that Orton can only dream of bringing.

Like making you brick yourself every time he has to go through the C-QB exchange? :lol: have to say, Tebow's looked much better under C with his hands up Walton's arse.

Tebow has a fair bit of chemistry with Willis - maybe he'll take over Gaffney's role in a couple of years.

MadMax
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
umm may have missed it since its a crappy stream, but is lance ball hurt? I thought I would have seen him instead of hall after hall's fumble.

muse
09-02-2010, 08:27 PM
umm may have missed it since its a crappy stream, but is lance ball hurt? I thought I would have seen him instead of hall after hall's fumble.

I think Ball's roster spot is secured, at least until White returns, likely for the season. Hall's auditioning for a PS place I think.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 08:28 PM
In college, that run is a TD. Welcome to the NFL . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Don't know

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Lendale would've had that first down. Hopefully he's ready to go week 5.

Elevation inc
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
our third team OL sucks....lol poor tebow always having to play with scrubs....

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
You know 4 turnovers and only 10 points down, it could be so much worse.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
who are you going to believe? I pick me ;-)

Are you drunk? You are making me laugh! Oh wait, I'm drunk.:D

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm really loving White busting out the mile-high salute. So frickin' badass!

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Are you drunk? You are making me laugh! Oh wait, I'm drunk.:D

3 Bottles of icy hot tebow sweat! think I'm still good to drive.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Made the team tonight list? Willis. Seth Olsen may have sealed his fate if he doesn't show something in the second half.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
That was a laser. Way to thread the needle.

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Wooo Hooo....great job!!!!!

HORSEPOWER 56
Beautiful play!

camdisco24
hmmm someone really wants to make this team!
Willis is looking great tonight!

BeefStew25
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
What you talking bout Willis! Oh dear! HA!

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Perfect throw, great catch and awesome job fighting for that pylon!

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 08:56 PM
And Tebow stays with his fallen teammate.. I am riding high on the Tebagon tonight..

BTW - who was the injured OL?

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
And Tebow stays with his fallen teammate.. I am riding high on the Tebagon tonight..

BTW - who was the injured OL?

Eric Olsen

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Guess who made that tackle? Phonz

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Man I couldn't believe that their 4th QB could run that fast......:eek:

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Joe Webb is tearing it up this preseason. They may have found their successor to the old man.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
From Lindsay:

First half stats: Broncos 195 yards; Vikings 54 yards. Vikings had only 12 passing yards in the first half. 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Traveler
09-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Chris Baker wft?

HORSEPOWER 56
Man I couldn't believe that their 4th QB could run that fast......:eek:

That's why Sage Rosenfels has become expendable. He won't make the cut for Minny this year.

Tom Nalen
this game is torture to watch, but id feel dirty if I turned the tv off -_-

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Great return by Vaughn

pnbronco
Yeah Cassius!!!! That was pretty, plus I think I'm his only fan....:D

camdisco24
Nice return there!

topscribe
Vaughn is making a case for himself . . .

Tom Nalen
09-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Vaughn is making a case for himself . . .

he seems pretty slow

SmilinAssasSin27
09-02-2010, 09:05 PM
anyone wanna give a quick recap?

Buff
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Lendale looked good early, got carted off. Harris came out of the game gimpy.

Let's see, what else...

Turnover. Turnover. Turnover. Couple nice deep balls from Tebow to Willis.

Traveler
09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Still don't see the physicality from the lines yet.

Jagsbch

Tebow 12 for 13 167yards 1TD and 1Int! any questions?:beer:

Oh and he just scrambled for 14 yards

HORSEPOWER 56
The Viqueens are blitzing pretty much every play.

topscribe
he seems pretty slow

:eek: You're kidding . . .

-----

topscribe
09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Tebow 12 for 13 167yards 1TD and 1Int! any questions?:beer:

Oh and he just scrambled for 14 yards

Yeah, isn't it past your bedtime?

-----

muse
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
TT needs to sort out that low throw.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Smith on the interception :defense:

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Phonz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya Whooooo!!!!!

Great pick.....that QB is seriously fast.....

MadMax
Awww that makes me smile I really hope things work out for Alfie.

muse
ZOMG CUT FONZIE!

Seriously guys...he needed this.

topscribe
Phonz needed that!

nevcraw
Interesting!! nice AS

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Damn, we had 4 turnovers tonight? Jeez

topscribe
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Two yards the wrong way! :mad:

topscribe
09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Phonz is playing tough as nails!

Traveler
09-02-2010, 09:26 PM
pathetic!

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 09:27 PM
we need to hope and pray we have a healthy first team OL. Our depth is not good.

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Phonz is playing tough as nails!

Against 3rd stringers? :lol:

muse
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
we need to hope and pray we have a healthy first team OL. Our depth is not good.

Yeah, Seth Olsen got completely dicked on that play. I reckon we only keep 8 OL at the moment, Hoch/Batiste/Daniels backing up, Eric Olsen on PS.

Also, does Squid smother his jersey in vaseline or something? :lol:

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
So many injuries on the Oline though, I think Mcd is just now shuffling and these guys dont have any togetherness. Or something like that.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Nice pass!

Traveler
09-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Our 3rd stringer make their 3rd stringer look like 1st stringers.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Quinn. Loves Cox. I mean Decker.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Yeah, the backup O-line play has been shoddy. Lendale would've had a TD on third down, though... :D

Quinn loves him some Decker.

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Our 3rd stringer make their 3rd stringer look like 1st stringers.

:lol:

Yea, im sure Webb is looking like Brett Farve out there.

pnbronco
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Deckers is looking great and some dang nice passes to him from Quinn.

Darn it penalties!!!!

Touch DOWN ....great pass and catch.....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
:salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS:salute:

Quinn looked very good on that drive

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Okay, now I'm thinking we keep Smith and Thompson and cut Jones. Vaughn to practice squad.

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Okay, now I'm thinking we keep Smith and Thompson and cut Jones. Vaughn to practice squad.

I dont think Jones was going to make it anyway. It basically was coming down to Thompson and Smith but against 3rd stringers im just not sure how much stock McD will put into this game. How has Thompson looked on returns? Thats basically where he bread and butter will be i think.

topscribe
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Javon tripped the Phonz

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Phonz=fail

Buff
Jones hasn't shown me much, but most of the beat writers have been talking like its a foregone conclusion that he makes the team.

broncobryce
Javon is a vet, but come on man.

Northman
Lmao. Yea, he's got coverage skillz.

TXBRONC
09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Who just got torched? I can't watch the game until tomorrow so I have no idea who just gave a touchdown to the Vikings.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I just noticed since Tebow is out of the game, we have lost a poster :rolleyes:

topscribe
Phonz=fail

I don't hold that against him. He was tripped.

Northman
Who just got torched? I can't watch the game until tomorrow so I have no idea who just gave a touchdown to the Vikings.

take a wild guess. here's a hint. Phone and Z.

broncobryce
09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Please take decker out. He's all Quinn will throw to.

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:51 PM
It must be the absolute scrap heap out there if Quinn is having a great night.

broncobryce
He will help us when it really counts.

TXBRONC
take a wild guess. here's a hint. Phone and Z.

I was just in another thread and found it was him.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2010, 09:52 PM

:lol: Thats all that guy talks about is Tebow. He could care less about the rest of the team. :fight: I guarantee that if Tebows stats were bad in this game, he would just say its preseason and doesn't matter too much and Tebow would be great in regular season. But when he performs well, he loves to boast about it. :fight:

TXBRONC
09-02-2010, 09:52 PM
He will help us when it really counts.

In a positive way or a negative way?

Northman
09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
:lol: Thats all that guy talks about is Tebow. He could care less about the rest of the team. :fight: I guarantee that if Tebows stats were bad in this game, he would just say its preseason and doesn't matter too much and Tebow would be great in regular season. But when he performs well, he loves to boast about it. :fight:

Its been established even by himself that he is a bandwagoner. He cant be taken serious when it comes to following this team. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Decker is killing them over the middle.

soonerjh
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I absolutely hate the Sirius broadcasters for the game, sooo sarcastic, Minnesota homers...

nevcraw
09-02-2010, 10:01 PM
worrell got embarrassed 2X on one play.. he got closelined pancaked and then whiffs over the top of the QB on the tackle.. well atleast he hussled.

Tned

No, I'm stil here... ;)

nevcraw
pick 6.. here we go

i MEANT FUMBLE RECOVERY!!