PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to get "a full dose of Tebow"

T.K.O.
09-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Vikings to get "a full dose of Tebow"
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2010 9:18 AM ET
Though a certain high-profile quarterback with a five-letter last name won't be playing on Thursday night in Minnesota, another high-profile quarterback with a five-letter last name will be playing. A lot.

Broncos tackle Ryan Harris says that the Vikings will be getting "a full dose of Tebow" in the preseason finale, according to Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Harris, who said that the rookie first-rounder will be playing "a lot," gushed about his new teammate.

"He's a gamer, man," Harris said, per Walters. "You can see why he was successful in college. And he's a very good guy -- what you see is what you get. He's as true as you see on TV. That's how he is every day."

The game begins tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET.

All 32 teams will be playing in contests that kickoff as early as 6:30 p.m. ET and as late as 10:00 p.m. ET. And while most starters won't be playing at all, each team has to get down to 53 players by Saturday. Most teams current have 75. Thus, with nearly one of every three players on every team destined to be cut, the final preseason game is as important as the Super Bowl for plenty of guys.

dogfish
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
i hope the metrodome doesn't explode. . .

MasterShake
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM

Is that what you call what happens to you as you watch Tebow now?

slim
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Is that what you call what happens to you as you watch Tebow now?

Exactly.

Keep it in your pants, dog.

dogfish
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Exactly.

Keep it in your pants, dog.

this tebowner cannot be restrained!

Ravage!!!
09-02-2010, 04:47 PM

I was wondering how the Metrodome could contain all the radiant light that shines from the core of Tebow. Its almost wrong to think that his beacon of light will be denied a direct pathway to the heavens as he plays.

Dirk
09-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I didn't get to watch the game last night. How did Tebow actually look? Reading the articles it's a good/bad assessment depending on which you read. I figured you guys would give me a better assessment.

His stats aren't bad at all.
Denver C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
Tebow 12/16 167 13.9 1 1 102.9

Nomad
09-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Tebow looked good out there regardless if it was the Vikes 2nd/3rd teamers. And he tackles with the proper form too:D!!

CrazyHorse
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Tebow's 2 turnovers are why we lost the game. That and the fact the we went for it on 4th down 3 times we could have kicked field goals. But alas it is only preseason.

TXBRONC
09-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Tebow's 2 turnovers are why we lost the game. That and the fact the we went for it on 4th down 3 times we could have kicked field goals. But alas it is only preseason.

Passing up three scoring opporunities probably had more to do with losing than Tebow's two turnovers. But as you said it's only preseason so it's not a big deal.

BigDaddyBronco
09-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Tebow had rookie mistakes and his INT was on an underthrown ball, but you can just see the potential star in him.

It would be a lost season if he was the starting QB this year, but he is our QB of the future. No doubt in my mind.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I did not get to watch the game cause of course (Gator Nation) - can someone give an assessment as to how the team worked together and how did Tebow do?

Northman
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Bronco Nation- Tebow played like a guy learning the NFL

Jags- Despite 2 turnovers Tebow is still way better than Orton.

T.K.O.
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
tebow looked pretty damn good for a guy who has less than a 4 qtrs of nfl playing time.the bobbled snap may or may not have been his fault,the int was.
basically he was sharpe and quick with his passes,he and decker seem to be developing some really good chemistry and timing.
decker looked great and seemed to get open every play (2nd string D...but still).
the biggest surprise was how well quinn tossed the ball.
i guess he was'nt quite ready to be officially made the 3rd qb and he actually looked like he could run the O (again 2nd /3rd string D)
all in all the broncos outplayed the vikes by a mile ,just shot themselves in the foot repeatedly with T.O's and drops.
buck looked solid as did lance ball,bruce hall ran for - yds more often than + yds it seemed.not all his fault,the Oline was horrible and he was met 2 yds deep on multiple plays including 2 critical 4th and shorts.(i on the goal line)
all in all i would say the offense looks like they can keep us in any game and the D should be pretty stout once they get consistant time on the field together.
i will say this,if we dont get clady and harris back on the field with regularity...our running game is gonna suck and the season is in BIG trouble !